Old December 25th 04, 07:49 PM
K4YZ

etc) cubed

Make a crust from scratch - or go shamefully to the frozen food section
of your favorite grocery and select 2 high quality pie crusts (you
will need one for the top also).
Boil the prepared delicacy until the meat starts to come off the bones.
Remove, de-bone and cube; continue to reduce the broth.
Brown the onions, peppers and celery.
Add the meat then season, continue browning.
De-glaze with sherry, add the reduced broth.
Finally, put in the root vegetables and simmer for 15 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly.
Place the pie pan in 375 degree oven for a few minutes so bottom crust is not soggy,
reduce oven to 325.
Fill the pie with stew, place top crust and with a fork, seal the crusts together
then poke holes in top.
Return to oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until pie crust is golden brown.

Sudden Infant Death Soup

SIDS: delicious in winter, comparable to old fashioned Beef and Vegetable Soup.
Its free, you can sell the crib, baby clothes, toys, stroller... and so easy to
procure if such a lucky find is at hand (just pick him up from the crib and
he?s good to go)!

SIDS victim, cleaned
½ cup cooking oil
Carrots
onions
broccoli
whole cabbage
fresh green beans
potato
turnip
celery
tomato
½ stick butter
1 cup cooked pasta (macaroni, shells, etc.)

Remove as much meat as possible, cube, and brown in hot oil.
Add a little water, season, then add the carcass.
Simmer for half an hour keeping the stock thick.
Remove the carcass and add the vegetables slowly to the stock,
so that it remains

Old December 25th 04, 10:53 PM
Steve Robeson K4YZ

vegetable oil
2 large onions
bell pepper
celery
garlic
½ cup red wine
3 Irish potatoes
2 large carrots

This is a simple classic stew that makes natural gravy,
thus it does not have to be thickened.
Brown the meat quickly in very hot oil, remove and set aside.
Brown the onions, celery, pepper and garlic.
De-glaze with wine, return meat to the pan and season well.
Stew on low fire adding small amounts of water and
seasoning as necessary.
After at least half an hour, add the carrots and potatoes,
and simmer till root vegetables break with a fork.
Cook a fresh pot of long grained white rice.

Pre-mie Pot Pie

When working with prematurely delivered newborns (or chicken) use sherry;
red wine with beef (buy steak or roast, do not pre-boil).

Pie crust (see index)
Whole fresh pre-mie; eviscerated, head, hands and feet removed
Onions, bell pepper, celery
½ cup wine
Root vegetables of choice (turnips, carrots, potatoes, etc) cubed

Old December 26th 04, 02:41 PM
N2EY

In article , (Steve
Robeson K4YZ) writes:

Subject: K0HB Supports Common Sense...NOT!

Date: 12/24/2004 10:07 AM Central Standard Time

K=D8HB wrote:

The popular vote is meaningless, otherwise Al ("I invented
the internet") Gore would be President today.

Al Gore never claimed to have invented the internet.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.htm

BBWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA ! ! ! ! ! !

Nooooooooooooooooooo...He didn't "invent the Internet"...He just "took
the
Initiative" for it!

That's right! And as the snopes item shows, *that* claim was an exaggeration.

Al Gore *was* involved in setting up the legislation that made the internet as
we know it possible. That's not the same thing as *inventing* it, and he didn't
do it singlehanded.

Below are the first couple of paragraphs from the URL you provided, Jim.

Now who's editorializing? Anyone can follow the link. ;-)

QUOTE:

Claim: Vice-President Al Gore claimed that he "invented" the Internet.

Origins: No,
Al Gore did not claim he "invented" the Internet, nor did he say anything
that
could reasonably be interpreted that way. The derisive "Al Gore said he
'invented' the Internet" put-downs are misleading distortions of something he
said (taken out of context) during an interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN's
"Late Edition" program on 9 March 1999. When asked to describe what
distinguished him from his challenger for the Democratic presidential
nomination, Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, Gore replied (in part):

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in
creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range
of
initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth
and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system."

Clearly, although Gore's phrasing was clumsy (and self-serving), he was not
claiming that he "invented" the Internet (in the sense of having designed or
implemented it), but that he was responsible for helping to create the
environment (in an economic and legislative sense) that fostered the
development of the Internet.

UNQUOTE

The author of this "debunking urban legends" article should be spanked
for
having the temerity to state "Al Gore did not claim he "invented" the
Internet,
nor did he say anything that could reasonably be interpreted that way."

"should be spanked"? Are you advocating physical violence against that author?

The very quote he provided said EXACTLY that!

Nope. The word 'invented' was never used. Yet Al Gore is often quoted as saying
that exact word, which he didn't.

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative
in creating the Internet."

And he did. He and a whole committee of others.

That was the SAME Algore who stood in the Capitol Building and didn't
recognize George Washington's bust...and THAT was on videotape!

How about Shrub's reference to "the internets"?

Had Al Gore gotten elected and the same September 11th events
transpired,
he would have had us paying restitution to the families of the hijackers!

That's pure....nonsense.

I think you're trying to get me to use an eight-letter word meaning bovine
excrement. Because that's what your last statement is.

Sheeeeeesh!

The plain and simple fact is that Al Gore never claimed to have "invented the
internet". "Invention" denote an original technical activity, such as
"inventing the telephone" or "invented color television". Nobody with any
understanding of English would write of the "invention of the Constitution" or
"invented the modern civil rights movement".

Hans wrote that Al Gore said "I invented the Internet" as if it were a direct
quote. That was a mistake, pure and simple, as the snopes site proves.

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old December 26th 04, 03:04 PM
KØHB

"N2EY" wrote

Hans wrote that Al Gore said "I invented the Internet" as
if it were a direct quote. That was a mistake, pure and simple,
as the snopes site proves.

Naw, it was a deliberate traiterous attempt to show my lack of regard for him,
but he's not the sitting (or standing) VP so at least Robeson and Burke can't
accuse me of supporting spammers and phishers and other scoundrels in time of
internet war.

73, de Hans ("I invented Billy Beeper"), K0HB

Old December 26th 04, 03:07 PM
Steve Robeson K4YZ

From: PAMNO (N2EY)
Date: 12/26/2004 8:41 AM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Steve

Date: 12/24/2004 10:07 AM Central Standard Time

K=D8HB wrote:

The popular vote is meaningless, otherwise Al ("I invented
the internet") Gore would be President today.

Al Gore never claimed to have invented the internet.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.htm

BBWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA ! ! ! ! ! !

Nooooooooooooooooooo...He didn't "invent the Internet"...He just "took
the
Initiative" for it!

That's right! And as the snopes item shows, *that* claim was an exaggeration.

Almost everything that comes out of Algore's mouth is an exaggeration,
Jim.

Haven't you stopped and asked yourself why Algore was not able to carry
his home state in his election, and why not even the most aggressive of
campaigning by the Dems in a traditionally Dem state couldn't turn out the
votes for Kerry...?????

Al Gore *was* involved in setting up the legislation that made the internet
as
we know it possible. That's not the same thing as *inventing* it, and he
didn't
do it singlehanded.

Of course he didn't do it "singlehandedly"...

But go back and read the "Snopes" article. All of his references are
first-person exclusive.

NO WHERE did he say "I was part of a committee...", nor did he give credit
to anyone EXCEPT Algore.

Below are the first couple of paragraphs from the URL you provided,

Jim.

Now who's editorializing? Anyone can follow the link.

Then perhaps you should, and perhaps you should have some discussions with
an English teacher about the content and context of the item cited, Jim.

[...]

I am glad YOU realize it was "....a whole committee of others"....

Because Algore didn't.

That was the SAME Algore who stood in the Capitol Building and didn't
recognize George Washington's bust...and THAT was on videotape!

How about Shrub's reference to "the internets"?

Had Al Gore gotten elected and the same September 11th events
transpired,
he would have had us paying restitution to the families of the hijackers!

That's pure....nonsense.

No, it's not.

Algore would have immediately started making apologies to the families of
the hijackers, expressing his regret that previous US policy had created the
mindset that the hijackers had, and here...please...take this token of our
regret...

I think you're trying to get me to use an eight-letter word meaning bovine
excrement. Because that's what your last statement is.

No, It's not.

And glad to see you are exercising some of that education...Now that
wasn't so hard afterall, was it...????

Sheeeeeesh!

The plain and simple fact is that Al Gore never claimed to have "invented the
internet". "Invention" denote an original technical activity, such as
"inventing the telephone" or "invented color television". Nobody with any
understanding of English would write of the "invention of the Constitution"
or
"invented the modern civil rights movement".

Hans wrote that Al Gore said "I invented the Internet" as if it were a direct
quote. That was a mistake, pure and simple, as the snopes site proves.

So...we can substitue "I took the initiative..." for "I invented..."

In either case it still insinuates that Algore was solely responsible for
the proliferation of the Internet...either expression still being wrong.

Steve, K4YZ

Old December 26th 04, 11:55 PM
bb

"""Seems like I'm held to one standard, and "F$^% off" Cheney is held
to another."""

Jim, you set your own standards regardless of what others think.

For a guy who kept clipping "K5TIT" out of his posts you sure have come
up with some winners lately.

Did you ever notice that Len and I stopped referring to you as
"Reverend Jim?" There was a reason for that. Your facade of
friendliness has worn through and the angry Democrat has taken over.

So say hey to Al Franken and Ray Suarez for me. And by the way, I can
send Morse Code faster than Dianne Rheems can speak English.
Best of Luck in the New Year.

bb

Old December 27th 04, 12:46 PM
Kim

"Steve Robeson K4YZ" wrote in message

YOU don't work for the president. Hans did. I did.

Steve? Are you referring to the military service of many men and women?
They don't "work" for the President, even in figurative terms. They work
for the defense of the United States of America--that means the *people*.
Literally and figuratively.

Don't you agree with that?

What I am saying, is that I find it embarrassing that two

gentlemen of
supposed education and respectability can't express themselves with more
dignity and professionalism.

But, you don't mean that dignity and professionalism would have to mean that
one would say they respect and agree with a President (or anyone else, for
that matter), correct?

What does his academic achievements or lack of have to do with YOUR

use of
profanity or conduct in a open forum, Jim?

Oh, I see...somewhere along the way someone has used some sort of *GASP* bad
word, and now that is what this thread is all about. Well, Hell, then, I'm
out of it...

73/88, Steve! Kim W5TIT

Old December 27th 04, 03:03 PM
Steve Robeson K4YZ

From: "Kim"
Date: 12/27/2004 6:46 AM Central Standard Time
"Steve Robeson K4YZ" wrote in message

YOU don't work for the president. Hans did. I did.

Steve? Are you referring to the military service of many men and women?
They don't "work" for the President, even in figurative terms. They work
for the defense of the United States of America--that means the *people*.
Literally and figuratively.

Don't you agree with that?

Nope.

"The people" are not in direct control of the Armed Forces. The
President, SecDef, the JCS, and a string of General Officers, on down to the
platoon commanders, are.

Congress, hence "the people" has definite control over long term decisons
the above named persons make, however all it takes is the right "word" from any
of them to move those troopers as needed, the "people's" immediate consent or
dissent notwithstanding.

What I am saying, is that I find it embarrassing that two

gentlemen of
supposed education and respectability can't express themselves with more
dignity and professionalism.

But, you don't mean that dignity and professionalism would have to mean that
one would say they respect and agree with a President (or anyone else, for
that matter), correct?

What does his academic achievements or lack of have to do with YOUR

use of
profanity or conduct in a open forum, Jim?

Oh, I see...somewhere along the way someone has used some sort of *GASP* bad
word, and now that is what this thread is all about. Well, Hell, then, I'm
out of it...

Just trying to poke a very large stick into the ribs of those who at once
decry my aggressive stance with Lennie, Brian, et al, but then go right on
ahead and help lower that denominator themsleves, seemingly impervious to the
same criticism.

Good to "see ya", Kim!

88

Steve, K4YZ