Old December 24th 05, 07:26 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Pierian Spring

Default Bringing Wood & Douglas into Disrepute

For as long as you are prepared to illustrate so graphically
the difference between a CBer, an M3/CB Fools' Licensee, a
CBer-Masquerading-As-A-Radio-Ham and a _REAL_ Radio
Ham with his gentlemanly traditions, I am prepared to
watch you bemusedly from the sidelines and to chastise
you for your ridiculous outbursts.

It is important that we as Radio Hams make a stand for
civilised behaviour and decency against the vile CBer,
no matter how he might have slipped into our midst.

Don't you realise how silly and ridiculous you make yourself
look, by indulging in what are essentially very infantile
abusive tirades in an international forum that is broadcast to
the whole world?

However, if you wish to be perceived as a Childish Broadcaster (CBer)
then just carry on as you are with your Childish Broadcasting (CB).

You, coming as you do from a background as a ship's radio
"officer", really ought to know better.
Indeed, it is difficult to see, in the light of your
well-demonstrated infantile disposition, how you could
ever have been the export sales manager for a well-
respected company such as Wood & Douglas.

Shame on you. You should know better. What on Earth would Alan
Wood G4EEE think of the bad publicity you are visiting on
his company?

Grow up, Mike Gathergood!

Stupid boy.

wrote:

Before the (G4) Sad Dim Wit spots that grammatical error,

Old December 24th 05, 07:28 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Pierian Spring

It does not say much for you that you side with those
whose habit is gratuious and offensive remarks and
that you criticise those who would steadfastly stand up
for decency and for civilised behaviour.

Stuart Crow wrote:
the rot set into British Amateur Radio some time late in the G4 series, and
could be forgiven for avoiding contact with it as far as possible.

Old December 24th 05, 07:31 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
jim.gm4dhj

As a late G4 callsign,

Yur deed ? .......

Old December 24th 05, 07:40 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
G4ZWI

Just another silly boy, who needs to grow up, then????

Like it or not, the hobby will move towards operating rather than
'homebrewing', our time may be better spent, educating,not insulting,
new licencees, (they will be all we have to talk to, one day!!)

Old December 24th 05, 08:10 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
G4ZWI

Thank you, by the way for the above remark. This is the first time I
have had any direct contact with you. I have never directly criticised
you, or your views.

Can you tell me who posted ( on Dec 21 at 3:47 PM):- the following:-

I am a decent, civilised, law-abiding citizen, I NEVER ORIGINATE
PERSONAL ATTACKS

{My italics..}
Merry Christmas...

Old December 24th 05, 08:13 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
G4ZWI

Sorry, my capitals...........

Old December 24th 05, 08:39 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Pierian Spring

Some confusion on your part, I think, because the post to which
you are replying was addressed to Stuart Crowe in response to
his rather silly and infantile gratuitous remarks directed at me.

You, however, seem to be F.Cooper, and the post to which you
reply was not addressed to you.

With a quick GoogleMiner session, neither your email addresses
nor your NNTP programs are the same.

Like a number of new contributors to this NG, you very rapidly
metamorphose into an aggressive challenger, for what reason
I do not know.

The answer to your question is that, yes, I never originate
personal attacks, I only ever assert the right of reply, and
the right of chastisement when answering posts that are
somewhat infantile as I did in the post to which you responded.

It is important that any self-respecting _REAL Radio Ham makes
a stand for decency and for civilised behaviour, a course of
action that I admonish you, in your turn, to follow.

Old December 24th 05, 09:17 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Stuart Crow

"G4ZWI" wrote in news:1135408546.866424.72730
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

As a late G4 callsign, and therefore, it seems, being responsible for
the rot

I don't see why you'd draw that conclusion, Fred, since my post clearly
referred to one particular contributor. Rot generally takes time to
spread, and starts out with a small area of contamination. There are still
some good people coming into the hobby even now judging from the bands.

(P.S. I believe Santa Claus is bringing me a Yaesu FT817, with c.w.
filter for Christmas. Should I send it back???)

That ain't going to warm a cold shack much at this time of year - I'd
rather have a nice L7 or a TL922. Merry Xmas!
Old December 24th 05, 09:19 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
G4ZWI

If I am in error, sir, I will stand corrected. I believe, however, most
people following this thread would conclude your post 89 was directed
to me, as I did.
I am sorry if I do not live up to your ideal radio amateur, and wish
you once again,
Merry Christmas.
(Please do not respond to this post, as I have no intention of
following this thread further)
Fred Cooper G4ZWI

FAQ - revised version Pierian Spring Homebrew 114 December 27th 05 04:20 PM
Announcement: WRLog version 1.20 released Paraclete InfoSys Shortwave 0 March 29th 04 08:14 PM
Bookmark for Santa KØHB Policy 53 January 22nd 04 05:46 AM
MixW version 2.10 now available for downloads Jim Digital 0 October 15th 03 11:28 PM
CCIR Coefficients METHOD 6 REC533 // AUCKLAND --> SEATTLE http://CBC.am/ Shortwave 0 July 16th 03 08:21 AM