Old February 21st 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default David Eduardo - A Recent Conversation

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 20, 4:07 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

I have no idea what the reference you make is... we are talking about a
program (also available on the web) for the NAB convention several years
ago
which had my title truncated... there was no article.

"Truncated". Yeah, you weren't lying. You were "truncating".

We are talking about a convention program that botched my title, not about
anything I personally did. As I said, this sort of thing is very common. The
same program had our Director of Engineering listed as "Chief Engineer"
instead. The real issue is that this is one isolated error by the NAB, and
did not bother any of the roughly 3,000 people at the panel.

Old February 21st 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

your lies.

Ismar SantaCruz did. He said it would be a dud.

Sure. Does Ismar like being a figment of your imagination?

He's a VP of the company. Nice try. See how often you are wrong?

But simply because you state that Mr. Cruz is with you doesn't necessarily
mean
he's actually there!

For a supposed DXer to think "Cruz" is the last name of an Hispanic is kind
of bizarre.

For a supposed 'Executive' VP of Programming for Univision to be spending so
much time here during working hours is pretty bizarre as well...

LMFAO at the mentally ill fool,

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 21st 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

your lies.

Ismar SantaCruz did. He said it would be a dud.

Sure. Does Ismar like being a figment of your imagination?

He's a VP of the company. Nice try. See how often you are wrong?

But simply because you state that Mr. Cruz is with you doesn't
necessarily
mean
he's actually there!

For a supposed DXer to think "Cruz" is the last name of an Hispanic is
kind
of bizarre.

For a supposed 'Executive' VP of Programming for Univision to be spending
so
much time here during working hours is pretty bizarre as well...

In other words, you did not know next-to-the-last surname is the paternal
surname and the one used when only one is employed. In any case, SantaCruz
is a single surname, despite the capitalization.

As I said, for a DXer not to know this seems bizarre.

I've been working since 4 AM, which is about 15 hours more than you worked
today.

Old February 21st 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

[...]

It appears, Mr. Gleason, that you are suffering from either alcohol abuse, drug
abuse or have severe mental health issues.

I suggest that you contact Univision's Human Resources Department to arrange a
treatment program.

Even though you are of advanced age, treatment can still be of benefit to you.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 21st 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 19, 9:16 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"RHF" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Feb 19, 5:54 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

groups.com...

Yea shill, the AM band is so dead:

http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/amq?state...freq=530&fre2=...

I must admit, I have never seen anyone so full-of-**** ! :-)

You totally miss the main point: AM is declining in audience in the US,
having less than 20% of what it had 40 years ago... Most AMs have an
audience significantly based in over-55-year-olds, which agency
advertisers
do not want. Revenues are falling, and many successful AMs are looking to
move their formats to FM to survive.

Canada is eliminating all but a few AMs, and at least one province has no
AMs at all any more. South Africa has no AMs. Most of Latin America has
fewer AMs than 25 years ago, with the exception of Mexico which was
always
under-radioed due to NARBA.

DE - NARBA ? ? ? ~ RHF
North American Radio Broadcasting Agreement -Cirica 1941-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_A...ting_Agreement

NARBA "Clear Channel" AM/MW Radio Stations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clear_channel

AM/MW Station Classes : Clear, Regional, and Local Channels
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/amclasses.html

BIG USA, Mexico, and Canadian AM/MW Radio Stations
-compiled by- AC6V
http://www.ac6v.com/clearam.htm

MAP - Night-Time AM/MW 50 KW Powerhouses in the USA
http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/bl...rp/amradio.htm

Your point is? There are many 50 kw stations, but only a few are the
original 50 kw Class 1-A clears. and not all are news /talk, either. Many of
the remaining 50's are either directional, lower power at night or both...
many can not even cover their own full local market. A good example is the
former WTOP, a 50 kw AM in DC... that needed several AM and FM repeaters to
cover the DC market incompletely. They moved to FM last year, and are doing
much better now.- Hide quoted text -

DE - You used the acronym "NARBA" which was
something that did not cause me to think of the
"North American Radio Broadcasting Agreement"
After all I am only a Radio Listener and not in the
Broadcast Radio Business like you.

Again I will repeat myself by posting :

North American Radio Broadcasting Agreement -Cirica 1941-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_A...ting_Agreement

NARBA "Clear Channel" AM/MW Radio Stations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clear_channel

BIG USA, Mexico, and Canadian AM/MW Radio Stations
-compiled by- AC6V = http://www.ac6v.com/clearam.htm

MAP - Night-Time AM/MW 50 KW Powerhouses in the USA
http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/bl...rp/amradio.htm

And the 'point' being . . . that back in 1941 AM Radio was "King".

those were the days of great coast-to-coast am radio ~ RHF
Old February 21st 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"RHF" wrote in message
oups.com...

And the 'point' being . . . that back in 1941 AM Radio was "King".

those were the days of great coast-to-coast am radio ~ RHF
.

Yes, that was because there was no TV. There was only light usage of radio
in the daytime as most people had only one household radio, in the living
room. Portables and even car radios were not a factor.

Since the 50's, following the lift of the TV Freeze, the night listening to
radio has been much lower. Daytime listening became the key to radio
stations.

Today, 7 PM-Midnight listening is less than a third the level in morning
drive, mid-days or afternoons. Nearly no revenue is generated in the
evening, either.

So, with less than 1000 stations in 1941, listeners often had to listen to
distant signals at night to hear their favorite network programs. Today,
with 14,000 stations, few are far from a broad choice of signals. And the
comedies and drama shows are on TV, not rado. So nighttime distant reception
by the average listener has no benefit other than curiosity.

Old February 21st 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

It appears, Mr. Gleason, that you are suffering from either alcohol abuse,
drug
abuse or have severe mental health issues.

I suggest that you contact Univision's Human Resources Department to
arrange a
treatment program.

Even though you are of advanced age, treatment can still be of benefit to
you.

Another macro?

Damn, you are surely screwed up.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 21st 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

wrote in message
ps.com...

If any of your co-workers surf the Internet here, I would be pretty
embarrassed, if I were you, posting all this personal information,
then being caught mutiple-times spreading lies.

A number of my co-workers follow these exchanges with amusement.

In fact, I showed a couple of your posts about AM news talk billing and
operations to the managers of two of the 50 kw stations on your list (the
one you posted a link for) and they had a grand old time chuckling about how
little the general public knows about the actual operation of radio
stations. The comment about AM news talkers getting higer rates than FMs got
more laughter than a good Leno monologue.

I have been following your exchange with DxAce and this guy you
responded to and I must say that more you post the worse you look. This
type of response sounds like total BS.

You used to have some credibility with me but not any more after reading
this thread.

You see I don't just discount what someone states because I don't like
it and make no mistake I generally do not like the viewpoint of what you
post.

I'm not interest in your ego but news and information that you posses
and decide to share on Usenet.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 21st 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 20, 9:28 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Feb 20, 7:39 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

roups.com...

On Feb 20, 4:07 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

I have no idea what the reference you make is... we are talking about
program (also available on the web) for the NAB convention several
years
ago
which had my title truncated... there was no article.

"Truncated". Yeah, you weren't lying. You were "truncating".

We are talking about a convention program that botched my title, not
about
anything I personally did.

That's right. They believed you lie and this means *they* botched
things up. Uh huh.

As I said, this sort of thing is very common.

Sure it is. People lie all the time.

The
same program had our Director of Engineering listed as "Chief Engineer"
instead.

And were you behind that as well?

No, the steering committe of the NAB does the programs, not the speakers.

They get their information from somewhere. They don't emerge from
their mother's wombs knowing who will present on which topic, or what
so-and-so's job title is.

So now it appears you not only lied about your own job title but you
also lied about a colleague's in order to promote your own political
ends. Pathetic.