Old June 6th 10, 05:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Something cuhulin might appreciate... :-)

An article in one of my 1950s Popular Mechanics magazines, with a photo
too.A guy in Omaha,Nebraska paved his whole yard with concrete.The photo
shows him relaxing in a lawn chair under a big umbrella and he has a
cold drink.His neighbor is standing by his lawn mower and wiping the
sweat off of his brow.

I much prefer grass myself.
cuhulin

Old June 6th 10, 07:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 5, 3:01*pm, user wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
My lawnmower just broke.

Guess how I fixed it? ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Straight_Story

He'll come at home...

That is a killer read. I had no idea of that book or movie but that
sounds incredible, I can't believe I never heard of that or my parents
never did? I will be checking that out when I can and I'm sure Barnes
or Borders will have that. Thanks.

Old June 6th 10, 07:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 5, 7:21*pm, wrote:
I never click on wiki wiki woo woo anything.
I can see your lawnmower from here.
Looka here,,, you know how/where to find the oil drain plug on your
lawnmower?
There is a Stupid Moron democrap obama BUTT KISSER who lives across the
street from doggy's couch, he is that old country boy from
Edwards,Mississippi.Last Summer, he pushed his lawnmower over here, he
rattled my front screen door.He said, Show me where that oil drain plug
is!

The oil drain plug was covered up with some grass and dirt.I showed that
Stupid Moron where that oil drain plus is.

He was too damn Stupid to look himself.
cuhulin

I'm sure this will sound crazy to you Cuh, but last summer was the
first time that I sharpened my lawnmower blades. I've had the mower
for at least eight years, I just wanted to see if the difference in
the cut was really noticeable. Between doing that and raising the
platform a tad, I couldn't believe the difference in how the yard
looks. Gotta love those ******* files followed by the stone.

Old June 6th 10, 08:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Gregg wrote:

That is a killer read. I had no idea of that book or movie but that
sounds incredible, I can't believe I never heard of that or my parents
never did? I will be checking that out when I can and I'm sure Barnes
or Borders will have that. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwYg6e-SjUM

with subtitles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As2O0RIYNCY

http://shortwave.tk
700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk
300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages.tk

Old June 6th 10, 10:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 6/06/2010 4:48 PM, Gregg wrote:
On Jun 5, 7:21 pm, wrote:
[...]

Congratulations Gregg! You now have lawnmower blades that are
considerably sharper than you!

Well done!

Krypsis

Old June 6th 10, 01:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Rotary lawn mower blades, no matter how sharp they may be, slash the
grass, gives a ragged cut.Reel type blades cut the grass, similar to
scissors.That is why most golf courses and people who want the best
looking lawns use reel type lawn mowers.Cut a blade of grass with your
scissors and compare that with a blade of grass which was cut with a
rotary lawn mower blade.You can see the difference.String trimmers are
the worst of all.
cuhulin

Old June 6th 10, 05:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 5, 7:21 pm, wrote:
[...]

Now who is being the troll?
Old June 6th 10, 05:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 5, 9:17*pm, wrote:
An article in one of my 1950s Popular Mechanics magazines, with a photo
too.A guy in Omaha,Nebraska paved his whole yard with concrete.The photo
shows him relaxing in a lawn chair under a big umbrella and he has a
cold drink.His neighbor is standing by his lawn mower and wiping the
sweat off of his brow.

I much prefer grass myself.
cuhulin

Well, I suppose some people use concrete as xeriscape - I think a
colorful garden with native, low-water plants and a tile deck for
sitting the shade would be nicer. I HATE watering this lawn all
summer...
Old June 6th 10, 08:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Some might appreciate... :-)

bpnjensen wrote:

Well, I suppose some people use concrete as xeriscape - I think a
colorful garden with native, low-water plants and a tile deck for
sitting the shade would be nicer. I HATE watering this lawn all
summer...

They are going to build a new wastewater desalination plant at the low
end of town. Sewer rates are going to jump dramatically, but you get an
exemption if you use a minimal amount of water. Therefore I don't water
(except what dribbles out of the cooler hose). The Bermuda grass and
oleanders are doing fine.
Old June 6th 10, 08:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

We get enough rain over here I don't have to water my yard, except for a
few places in my back yard where I put some Shady Lawn grass seed I
bought last week at Hutto's yard and garden center on Ellis Ave.I am
trying to get some grass growing in those shady places back there.
cuhulin

(OT) Cuhulin dxAce[_10_] Shortwave 1 September 2nd 08 08:13 PM
cuhulin [email protected] Shortwave 3 May 19th 07 07:57 AM
cuhulin gets around [email protected] Shortwave 6 September 10th 05 05:22 AM
Cuhulin, You OK? Greg Shortwave 41 September 2nd 05 01:41 AM
cuhulin Burr Shortwave 26 August 8th 05 01:30 AM