Old February 27th 11, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Whoops! Once Again 'Special-Dave' Proves He Is NO Libertariano...

Those two guys at ShopNBC tee vee channel are talking about Mitsubishi
DLP 73'' (there is a 65'' model available too, $2,149) with Stand
Diamond Series 1080p HDTV Two 3D Glasses 3D Blu-Ray Player.$2,749 S&H
Included.
800 474 6762

They said that Blu-Ray Player will turn non 3D movies into 3D movies.You
can surf the internet and do your emailing, all kinds of stuff, you can
even use your smart phone and do stuff on that fancy new fangled tee vee
set.That's wayyyyyyyyy too fancy and too new fangled for me.I never
would figure out how to work it.

Dave is right though.Usually you can't hardly tell the difference
between 740 and 1080, most HDTV sets anyway.
cuhulin

Old February 28th 11, 05:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 27, 12:23*pm, wrote:
Those two guys at ShopNBC tee vee channel are talking about Mitsubishi
DLP 73'' (there is a 65'' model available too, $2,149) with Stand
Diamond Series 1080p HDTV Two 3D Glasses 3D Blu-Ray Player.$2,749 S&H
Included.
800 474 6762

They said that Blu-Ray Player will turn non 3D movies into 3D movies.You
can surf the internet and do your emailing, all kinds of stuff, you can
even use your smart phone and do stuff on that fancy new fangled tee vee
set.That's wayyyyyyyyy too fancy and too new fangled for me.I never
would figure out how to work it.

Dave is right though.Usually you can't hardly tell the difference
between 740 and 1080, most HDTV sets anyway.
cuhulin

Unfortunately , the devil is in the detail . Most consumers are not
aware of it and are easily misled . That LAST letter is what counts -
either ' i ' or ' p ' . Many (majority) of consumer video products
are full of gimmicks . And that's the way it has always been !
Old February 28th 11, 02:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default "Hype" Definition TV [HDTV] : Give Me an 'i'... Give Me an 'p'...Can I Get a 120 Hz ?

On 02/28/2011 04:07 AM, wrote:
On Feb 28, 6:11 am, wrote:
On Feb 27, 9:17 pm, wrote:

On Feb 27, 12:23 pm, wrote:

[...]

I now 'appears' that Walmart no longer carries the
1080i HDTVs or any other "i" TVs

OK so what the 'difference' {real advantage}
between the :
42" 1080p with 60 Hz Refresher Rate
-and-a-
42" 1080p with 120 Hz Refresher Rate

~ RHF

60 Hz vs. 120 Hz . ----- Let's hear what Dave thinks about
it . Oh, btw. Walmart is a deadly place , I don't like them .

Movies are 24 fps. That flicker is unresolvable by normal people. 120 is
5 times that. Divides evenly. I don't see a technical reason to repeat
the same frame over and over real fast. 120 makes sense.
Old February 28th 11, 02:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeittttt, I am thinking this here week I am goin to tote my
ATRIX phone and tote my ATRIX keyboard BACK across Highway 80 to that
thar AT&T retail store (it's only about two blocks, maybe less than two
blocks South of doggy's couch) and git my money back.Of course they will
charge a restocking/whatever fee.I think that guy over said either ten
or 20 percent.

I have to sit straight up and hunch over and squint my eyeballs to see
that little ATRIX keyboard dock screen.MOFO is KILLING my back! You know
what they say, a damn fool is born every minute.
I have come to realize ATRIX is not for me.ATRIX is for people whom are
on the go a lot of times/people who tote.I don't effing tote.
cuhulin, I don't tote

Old February 28th 11, 03:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Walmart doesn't sell HDTVs anymore? You ought to see the electronics
department in the Dangerous Walmart Supercenter store I go to, (Greenway
Drive near the intersection of Highway 18, about one and a half mile
South of doggy's couch) mostly for food shopping.I never counted them,
but I reckon there are at least twenty, maybe more, HDTV tee vee sets on
display over there.

There are at least seven Dangerous Walmart Supercenter stores in the
Jackson/Jackson metro area.The next nearest Dangerous Walmart
Supercenter store (in Clinton,Missy Sippy) is on Highway 80 about four
miles West of doggy's couch.I haven't been in that store in about a
month or so, but they had HDTV tee vee sets on display in there too.

Pickup on South Street movie is on my Sony Wega Trinitron 27 inchs flat
screen tv set right now, Fox Movie Channel.I bought that tv set in 2006
at one of the Cowboy Maloney stores around here.The movie on there looks
Great to me, even though it is not in HDTV.
cuhulin

Old February 28th 11, 03:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Walmart stores are no more deadlier than many other places,
officies,factories, you name it.We never know when, or where some
nutcase will do a shoot em up bang bang.
Durn Tootin! ~ George ''Gabby'' Hayes, one of my Heros.
cuhulin

Old March 1st 11, 12:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 28, 6:29*am, dave wrote:
On 02/28/2011 04:07 AM, wrote:

On Feb 28, 6:11 am, *wrote:
On Feb 27, 9:17 pm, wrote:

On Feb 27, 12:23 pm, wrote:

[...]

Arthrny -remember- Wal*Mart Love$ You !

Here anything beyond Wal*Mart {Sonora, CA} is
35 Miles down a winding two lane road to Oakdale
and beyond. {Modesto, CA 'the big city' is another
15 Miles or so...

Even Wal*Mart is 12 Miles down the Road.

- Movies are 24 fps. That flicker is unresolvable by
- normal people. 120 is 5 times that. Divides evenly.
- I don't see a technical reason to repeat the same
- frame over and over real fast. 120 makes sense.

Dave : So by inference to your above statement : I can
conclude that 24 into 60 is 2.5 and does not Divide Evenly :
So 60 is not as good as 120. ~ RHF
Old March 1st 11, 01:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 28, 7:15*am, wrote:
[...]

Wal*Mart does not seem to carry the older 1080'i'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080i
{Interlaced Scan} HDTVs and now appear to only
carry the newer 1080'p' {Progressive Scan} HDTVs :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080p

They Sell What Sells and presently XXXX'p' sells ~ RHF
Old March 1st 11, 01:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.news-media
RHF RHF is offline

Default ADA : Cellphone and Computer Industry Failing to Meet the SpecialNeeds of Senior Citizens

On Feb 28, 6:45*am, wrote:
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeittttt, I am thinking this here week I am goin to tote my
ATRIX phone and tote my ATRIX keyboard BACK across Highway 80 to that
thar AT&T retail store (it's only about two blocks, maybe less than two
blocks South of doggy's couch) and git my money back.Of course they will
charge a restocking/whatever fee.I think that guy over said either ten
or 20 percent.

I have to sit straight up and hunch over and squint my eyeballs to see
that little ATRIX keyboard dock screen.MOFO is KILLING my back! You know
what they say, a damn fool is born every minute.
I have come to realize ATRIX is not for me.ATRIX is for people whom are
on the go a lot of times/people who tote.I don't effing tote.
cuhulin, I don't tote *

We had Caregivers who had Celphones, iPhones; and
like-sized {hand-sized} TV Viewers and each one that
I looked at was a stretch on enjoyable viewing to me.

Sort of like the Calculator Watch that was to small to
use -or- Two Big to be comfortable on a Wrist.

MSN {Web} TV still has a niche for what it does.

Full-Size Wireless Keyboard and TV Size Viewing
Screen = Perfect of Senior Citizens :
Easy to Handle
Easy To See

The ADA should cover and enforce Uniform Cellphone
and Computer Designs that are Senior Citizen Friendly
{Assessable & Usable}
http://www.ada.gov/
35~50 Million American US Citizens are going neglected
and under-un-served by the Cellphone and Computer
Industry which is Failing to Meet their Special Needs :
Easy to Handle : Assessable {Large}
Easy To See : Usable {Big}

and that's the way 'i' see it ~ RHF
Old March 1st 11, 05:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default ADA : Cellphone and Computer Industry Failing to Meet theSpeci...

Mannnnn, I Loves my WebTV.It's foolproof and goofproof.Sometimes, it is
slowwwwww, sometimes it gits along purrrrrrrry Good.As long as WebTV is
still around, I reckon that is Good enuff furr me.

Yeah, in fact of the business,,,, this afternoon when I took my ATRIX
stuff back to the store for a refund, that lady said because I wrote a
check, I have to wait ten business days to get my money back, minus
$35.00 restocking fee.So, I gits to play with my ATRIX stuff untill next
Monday.

Say cuzz, you know anything about J.R.Whipple built desktop computers?
Santa Clara,California, I think it is.I saw that website about eleven
years ago.I was thinking tomorrow I might email them about prices.
http://www.jrwhipple.com
cuhulin