Old July 23rd 11, 02:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The President Speaks

On 7/22/2011 6:14 PM, dxAce wrote:
I'm listening to the President speak on WLS-890 at 2212.

I've never heard more crap from a totally economic ignorant fool.

Seeing as you have all the answers, please give us your explanation for
the following:

* George W. Bush raised the debt limit S-E-V-E-N times during his 8
years in office.

* The Republicans passed it S-E-V-E-N times with nary a whimper, just
rubber-stamped it, just routine.

* Today, these very same Republicans have escalated this to a national
(if not world-wide) crisis. They are holding us hostage, trying to
blackmail the country.

What's wrong with that picture, hmmm????

Over the years, you have shown that detecting irony is not your strong
suit; however, even you can't fail to note the irony (and dare I say it,
hypocrisy) here.

P.S.

Gee, do you think this has -nothing- to do with economics but
-everything- to do the publicly stated "Job One" of the Repubs to see
that Obama not be re-elected, and that they will do everything in their
power to make it happen, the rest of the country be damned.

P.P.S.

A real, thoughtful, intelligent answer would reflect well on you, as
opposed to your usual bluster and name calling.
Old July 23rd 11, 04:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,alt.conspiracy,rec.sport.golf

On Jul 23, 8:48*am, Clitteigh wrote:
ISN'T IT OBVIOUS to all but you brainless racists among us that the
"Boehner Plan" is aimed squarely at making Obama the first president
to preside over a U.S. DEFAULT?

Such a tag would ensure our president would be a one-termer, a wish
that has been propounded publicly numerous times by the likes of Mitch
"Where's My Chin?" McConnell and others.

But, since the Boehner Boys are acting very un-Americanlike, truly
enemies of the people and their nation -- aren't there "methods" for
dealing with such traitorism?

Jim Rogers: US to Default 'One Way or Another' as Debt Talks a 'Sham'
Tuesday, 12 Jul 2011 11:37 AM
By Forrest Jones, MoneyNews.com

The United States is going to "default one way or the other" and talks
between Republican and Democratic leaders to lift the debt ceiling are
"a sham" that won't do anything to prevent it, says international
investor Jim Rogers.

Lawmakers will probably find a way to lift the $14.3 trillion debt
ceiling, which the government says has to happen by Aug. 2, but gaping
deficits have and will inflict enough damage to the dollar that a
default is unavoidable.

Plus the debate will resume shortly after Aug. 2 anyway, as the
government will quickly spend beyond its means again.

"It might be good for the world if the United States closed down for a
while, but I can’t see that happening," Rogers tells Fox Business.

"Something will happen, things will look better, but then in six
months or a year, things will be worse again."
-30-
http://www.moneynews.com/StreetTalk/...7/12/id/403311

Meanwhile, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) takes definitive
action:

Senate rejects House GOP budget-cutting plan
By JIM KUHNHENN - Associated Press | AP – 19 hrs ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama and House Speaker John
Boehner searched on Friday for an elusive debt-limit compromise as the
Senate rejected a House plan containing deep spending cuts and for the
moment put aside a last-ditch fallback option.

The 51-46 party-line Senate vote, and a decision by Senate Majority
Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., to cancel weekend Senate sessions, left
unresolved the urgent issue of how to lift the nation's borrowing
powers to avoid a first-ever U.S. default on Aug. 3.
http://news.yahoo.com/senate-rejects...144847286.html

The Default Lie Continues

It never stops — the lies of the left.

Yesterday at his press conference, President 0bama stood in front of
the press and the nation and repeated the lie that increasing the debt
limit means defaulting on our national debt.

“By August 2nd, we run out of tools to make sure that all our bills
are paid. So that is a hard deadline. And I want everybody to
understand that this is a jobs issue. This is not an abstraction. If
the United States government, for the first time, cannot pay its
bills, if it defaults, then the consequences for the U.S. economy will
be significant and unpredictable. And that is not a good thing..”

“We don’t know how capital markets will react. But if capital markets
suddenly decide, you know what, the U.S. government doesn’t pay its
bills, so we’re going to start pulling our money out, and the U.S.
Treasury has to start to raise interest rates in order to attract more
money to pay off our bills, that means higher interest rates for
businesses; that means higher interest rates for consumers. So all
the headwinds that we’re already experiencing in terms of the recovery
will get worse.”

Uh, no. If we don’t pay our debts, then the people lending us the
money will stop lending us money, or charge us a much higher price for
it. But hitting the debt limit will not force a default any more than
a person who has maxed out his credit cards will default on them if
the bank doesn’t raise his credit limit.

President 0bama goes on to address this point with another bald-faced
lie. (Is that why politicians don’t have beards, because then their
lies would not be bald-faced? But I digress.)

“Point number two, I want to address what I’ve been hearing from some
quarters, which is, well, maybe this debt limit thing is not really
that serious; we can just pay interest on the debt. This idea has
been floating around in some Republican circles.This is the equivalent
of me saying, you know what, I will choose to pay my mortgage, but I’m
not going to pay my car note. Or I’m going to pay my car note but I’m
not going to pay my student loan. Now, a lot of people in really
tough situations are having to make those tough decisions. But for
the U.S. government to start picking and choosing like that is not
going to inspire a lot of confidence.”

“Moreover, which bills are we going to decide to pay? These guys have
said, well, maybe we just pay the interest on — for bondholders. So
are we really going to start paying interest to Chinese who hold
treasuries and we’re not going to pay folks their Social Security
checks? Or we’re not going to pay to veterans for their disability
checks? I mean, which bills, which obligations, are we going to say
we don’t have to pay?.”

Bills are not obligations. Obligations are those things that one has
to pay to avoid being in default. Mortgages, car loans, and student
loans are debts. Things like next month’s bills — cable, trash, water,
power — are not obligations. If you cannot afford them, cancel them
or reduce your usage to lower your costs. He gives more bad examples
to reinforce the lie:

“And last point I want to make about this. These are bills that
Congress ran up. The money has been spent. The obligations have been
made. So this isn’t a situation — I think the American people have to
understand this — this is not a situation where Congress is going to
say, okay, we won’t — we won’t buy this car or we won’t take this
vacation. They took the vacation. They bought the car. And now
they’re saying maybe we don’t have to pay, or we don’t have to pay as
fast as we said we were going to, or — that’s not how responsible
families act. And we’re the greatest nation on Earth, and we can’t
act that way.”

Congress has not already spent the money on Medicare, Medicaid, Social
Security, Unemployment Insurance, defense, courts, etc. Congress has
promised to spend that money, but it is under no obligation to do so.
If we hit the debt ceiling, the Treasury Secretary decides which bills
to pay first. If the nation’s top tax cheat chooses not to make our
debt payments, then we will default on our national debt and our
Treasury Secretary will be solely to blame for the default. Congress
should immediately pass a bill requiring that our debt obligations be
paid first.

Then what? 0bama does have a point that we need to make choices.
Well, that choice is actually quite simple — pay what we are
contracted to pay. Contracts, like debt payments, are obligations.
Defense contracts are — until the contract expires. Employee salaries
(including soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines) are — up until the
employee’s contract is terminated. Social welfare payments, however,
are not contracts.
-30-
http://novatownhall.com/2011/06/30/t...lie-continues/

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled,
public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should
be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands
should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again
learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
-- Cicero, 55 BC

"The one thing that's being pushed in this country, is the motto:
`The harder I work, the more I owe society.
The less I work, the more society owes me.'
We can't be a great country with that motto."
-- Charles Payne
Old July 23rd 11, 06:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
J R J R is offline

I may be a Dummy, but I am NOT Dumb enough to watch and or listen to
that Born in Kenya! SOB USURPER!
I know how and where to get Real News.
cuhulin

Old July 23rd 11, 06:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,alt.conspiracy,rec.sport.golf

On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 06:48:00 -0700 (PDT), Clitteigh
wrote:

ISN'T IT OBVIOUS to all but you brainless racists among us that the
"Boehner Plan" is aimed squarely at making Obama the first president
to preside over a U.S. DEFAULT?

Such a tag would ensure our president would be a one-termer, a wish
that has been propounded publicly numerous times by the likes of Mitch
"Where's My Chin?" McConnell and others.

Only if they succeed in distancing the Republican nominees from this
action.

But, since the Boehner Boys are acting very un-Americanlike, truly
enemies of the people and their nation -- aren't there "methods" for
dealing with such traitorism?

It all depends upon who the public decides are the hostage takers.

- James Madison
Old July 23rd 11, 09:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
says...

I may be a Dummy, but I am NOT Dumb enough to watch and or listen to
that Born in Kenya! SOB USURPER!
I know how and where to get Real News.
cuhulin

Oh I bet you do.

BTW, he was born in Hawaii.

That's NOT a part of Kenya.

--
BDK- Top of the government shill heap for over 10 years running!

Old July 23rd 11, 10:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
J R J R is offline

Mombasa, or Kisumu?

I am not joking, I Never watch, and or listen to or read anything that
Born in British East Protertorate of Africa Son Of A Bitch does.
Why would you think otherwise?
cuhulin

Old July 24th 11, 02:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,alt.conspiracy,rec.sport.golf

On Jul 23, 9:48*am, Clitteigh wrote:
ISN'T IT OBVIOUS to all but you brainless racists among us that the
"Boehner Plan" is aimed squarely at making Obama the first president
to preside over a U.S. DEFAULT?

Such a tag would ensure our president would be a one-termer, a wish
that has been propounded publicly numerous times by the likes of Mitch
"Where's My Chin?" McConnell and others.

But, since the Boehner Boys are acting very un-Americanlike, truly
enemies of the people and their nation -- aren't there "methods" for
dealing with such traitorism?

The key word is Treason . Truly . There is no Honor amongst thieves .
Old July 24th 11, 02:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,alt.conspiracy,rec.sport.golf

On Jul 23, 10:23*am, John Smith wrote:
On 7/23/2011 6:48 AM, Clitteigh wrote:

ISN'T IT OBVIOUS to all but you brainless racists among us that the
"Boehner Plan" is aimed squarely at making Obama the first president
to preside over a U.S. DEFAULT?

Such a tag would ensure our president would be a one-termer, a wish
that has been propounded publicly numerous times by the likes of Mitch
"Where's My Chin?" McConnell and others.

But, since the Boehner Boys are acting very un-Americanlike, truly
enemies of the people and their nation -- aren't there "methods" for
dealing with such traitorism?

I want the criminal *******, with his false/fake/phoney birth
certificate in prison, and all the illegal actions he has done as
president dismissed!

I want his puppet masters imprisoned with him, along with banksters,
wall street, the large corporation officers who pull his strings, etc.

Has it occurred to you that some of us want justice, the American way,
and right to be done? *Has it occurred to you some of us recognize these
individuals as REAL CRIMINALS and want the maximum punishments inflicted
upon their arses? *Has it occurred this is/are real crimes and we want
real justices, this ain't no game son?

Regards,
JS

How many lashes do you think they deserve ?
Old July 24th 11, 10:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,alt.conspiracy,rec.sport.golf

On 7/23/2011 6:59 PM, wrote:
On Jul 23, 10:23 am, John wrote:
[...]

I think a case could be made for high crimes and a firing squad and/or
noose ... just as an example for the next wannbe criminal.

Regards,
JS

Old July 24th 11, 03:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,alt.conspiracy,rec.sport.golf

On Jul 23, 8:48*am, Clitteigh wrote:

ISN'T IT OBVIOUS to all but you brainless racists among us that the
"Boehner Plan" is aimed squarely at making Obama the first president
to preside over a U.S. DEFAULT?

I think it's time for a retrospective on the Obama Administration's
and the Democrat's previous spending, in order to fuly understand just
how we got to this point.

From the January 28, 2009 "Review & Outlook" section of the Wall
Street Journal comes:
..
A 40-Year Wish List
You won't believe what's in that stimulus bill..

"Never let a serious crisis go to waste. What I mean by that is it's
an opportunity to do things you couldn't do before."

So said White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel in November, and
Democrats in Congress are certainly taking his advice to heart. The
647-page, $825 billion House legislation is being sold as an economic
"stimulus," but now that Democrats have finally released the details
we understand Rahm's point much better. This is a political wonder
that manages to spend money on just about every pent-up Democratic
proposal of the last 40 years.

We've looked it over, and even we can't quite believe it. There's $1
billion for Amtrak, the federal railroad that hasn't turned a profit
in 40 years; $2 billion for child-care subsidies; $50 million for that
great engine of job creation, the National Endowment for the Arts;
$400 million for global-warming research and another $2.4 billion for
carbon-capture demonstration projects. There's even $650 million on
top of the billions already doled out to pay for digital TV conversion
coupons.

In selling the plan, President Obama has said this bill will make
"dramatic investments to revive our flagging economy." Well, you be
the judge. Some $30 billion, or less than 5% of the spending in the
bill, is for fixing bridges or other highway projects. There's another
$40 billion for broadband and electric grid development, airports and
clean water projects that are arguably worthwhile priorities.

Add the roughly $20 billion for business tax cuts, and by our estimate
only $90 billion out of $825 billion, or about 12 cents of every $1,
is for something that can plausibly be considered a growth stimulus.
And even many of these projects aren't likely to help the economy
immediately. As Peter Orszag, the President's new budget director,
told Congress a year ago, "even those [public works] that are 'on the
shelf' generally cannot be undertaken quickly enough to provide timely
stimulus to the economy."

Most of the rest of this project spending will go to such things as
renewable energy funding ($8 billion) or mass transit ($6 billion)
that have a low or negative return on investment. Most urban transit
systems are so badly managed that their fares cover less than half of
their costs. However, the people who operate these systems belong to
public-employee unions that are campaign contributors to . . . guess
which party?

Here's another lu-lu: Congress wants to spend $600 million more for
the federal government to buy new cars. Uncle Sam already spends $3
billion a year on its fleet of 600,000 vehicles. Congress also wants
to spend $7 billion for modernizing federal buildings and facilities.
The Smithsonian is targeted to receive $150 million; we love the
Smithsonian, too, but this is a job creator?

Another "stimulus" secret is that some $252 billion is for income-
transfer payments -- that is, not investments that arguably help
everyone, but cash or benefits to individuals for doing nothing at
all. There's $81 billion for Medicaid, $36 billion for expanded
unemployment benefits, $20 billion for food stamps, and $83 billion
for the earned income credit for people who don't pay income tax.
While some of that may be justified to help poorer Americans ride out
the recession, they aren't job

As for the promise of accountability, some $54 billion will go to
federal programs that the Office of Management and Budget or the
Government Accountability Office have already criticized as
"ineffective" or unable to pass basic financial audits. These include
the Economic Development Administration, the Small Business
Administration, the 10 federal job training programs, and many more.

Oh, and don't forget education, which would get $66 billion more.
That's more than the entire Education Department spent a mere 10 years
ago and is on top of the doubling under President Bush. Some $6
billion of this will subsidize university building projects. If you
think the intention here is to help kids learn, the House declares on
page 257 that "No recipient . . . shall use such funds to provide
financial assistance to students to attend private elementary or
secondary schools." Horrors: Some money might go to nonunion teachers.

The larger fiscal issue here is whether this spending bonanza will
become part of the annual "budget baseline" that Congress uses as the
new floor when calculating how much to increase spending the following
year, and into the future. Democrats insist that it will not. But it's
hard -- no, impossible -- to believe that Congress will cut spending
next year on any of these programs from their new, higher levels. The
likelihood is that this allegedly emergency spending will become a
permanent addition to federal outlays -- increasing pressure for tax
increases in the bargain. Any Blue Dog Democrat who votes for this
ought to turn in his "deficit hawk" credentials.

This is supposed to be a new era of bipartisanship, but this bill was
written based on the wish list of every living -- or dead --
Democratic interest group. As Speaker Nancy Pelosi put it, "We won the
election. We wrote the bill." So they did. Republicans should let them
take all of the credit.
-30-
Printed in The Wall Street Journal, page A14

"History is indeed the witness of the times, the light of truth."
--Marcus Tullius Cicero

"The arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and
assistance to foreign hands should be curtailed, lest Rome fall."
--Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 B.C.

"No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size.
Government programs, once launched, never disappear.
Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal
life we'll ever see on this earth! "
-- Ronald Reagan

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant;
it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
— Ronald Wilson Reagan

"Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin
to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because
Liberals are so stupid it is easy work."
— Steven M. Barry