Old October 15th 11, 09:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

Default Small gun, the serious protection you need ...

"RD Sandman" wrote in message
"Scout" wrote in
:

"RD Sandman" wrote in message
"Scout" wrote in
:

"Thomas Heger" wrote in message
Am 14.10.2011 18:37, schrieb Thomas Heger:
Am 14.10.2011 02:22, schrieb RHF:
On Oct 13, 11:48 am, Thomas wrote:
Am 13.10.2011 06:34, schrieb John Smith: On 10/12/2011 2:11 PM,
RHF wrote:
On Oct 12, 11:43 am, Thomas wrote:
Am 11.10.2011 18:50, schrieb SaPeIsMa:

--
..

Now please - think about the Apollo mission and how the
Americans got ripped off...

TH

TH, please tell us all just how the Apollo {Manned}
Mission to the Moon and Back was a 'rip-off' . . .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_program

one does wonder . . . ~ RHF

Usually I don't maintain threads about guns. I have more interest
in the Apollo program and did my personal kind of 'research' on
that subject. (Mainly reading articles, following links on the
internet, watching films on YouTube and so forth).

Than I discuss my findings in forums like this one.

About the moon landing I have found a lot of inconsistencies
within the pictures taken.
My conclusion is, that these pictures were faked - not even
particularly sophisticated.

Since You most certainly don't trust me, I give you an example.
(Only one)

Look at this picture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ap...unar_orbit.jpg

It shows the lunar orbiter and the moon.
Since there is no other choice, the photo was obviously taken from
the landing module 'Eagle'.

But the term 'orbiter' refers to the orbit, this vehicle keeps,
while the lander lands.
Landing zone is usually below the orbit, hence the lander cannot
take photos from the orbiter with the moon in the back.

Certainly it can. Depending on the orbits used, the lander can
easily "descend" upon the orbiter. Indeed it is typical after
undocking to go to a slightly higher orbit to allow the orbiting
craft/station to pass under you (lower orbit being faster) until it
clears the area, and then when you come up on the point to begin
your de-orbit burn the area is clear, as no matter what you do at
that point the other craft is only going to move further away from
you. If you tried to go a lower orbit move ahead of the orbiting
craft and then try to de-orbit the orbiting craft would be catching
up to you as you slowed and if you accidently "ballooned up" a bit
because your angle was slightly off....you could possibly even run
into each other. Not a good thing. Nor do you want to wait forever
for the gap to open up enough as your time in space is strictly
limited. Safer to simply move a bit higher, let it pass under you
and then there is no possibility of that occurring. And gee, while
you're sitting there you snap a picture out the window and *poof*
the planet/moon is in the background. SOB.

So if this is your BEST evidence, then this is really going to blow
your socks off.

"The International Space Station photographed following separation
from the Space Shuttle Endeavour in 2001."

http://news.medinfo.ufl.edu/articles...discovery-prom
pt s-development-of-space-radiation-sensors/

Damn, is that the EARTH in the background?

"Last August, the Space Shuttle Endeavour crew captured this shot of
the International Space Station (ISS) against the backdrop of Planet
Earth. "

http://www.astronomy-pictures.net/na..._pictures.html

Damn, there it is again.

"International Space Station (ISS), March 2011, taken from the Space
Shuttle Discovery after undocking at the end of its mission to the
ISS"

http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/395325/enlarge

And again. Damn, one might even see this as a theme.

"The international space station, shown here in a photo taken from
the shuttle Discovery in June"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26441443/

So tell me does this mean the International Space Station is a
fraud, or shall we simply consider the possibility that what you see
as photographic flaws are really just a symptom of your ignorance of
the mechanics of space flight?

Scout....if he lived in the US he would be a 911 truther. He is
purely looking for some conspiracy to believe in.

That and showing he has absolutely NO capacity for research,
investigation or critical thought.

I bet I can give him something that will really blow his mind.

In orbit you go faster to slow down, and slow down to go faster.

Surprisingly, that works.

Which? The orbital mechanics or blowing his mind with it?

That should make his head simply implode.

:-P

--
Sleep well tonight.........RD (The Sandman)

Witnessing Republicans and Democrats bickering over
the National Debt is like watching two drunks argue
over a bar bill on the Titanic.....

Old October 15th 11, 09:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

"Luke Gower" wrote in message
RD Sandman wrote:

"Scout" wrote in
:

"RD Sandman" wrote in message
.. .

"Scout" wrote in
:

RHF wrote:

[...]

But which way gives better MPG's?

Actually the higher orbit would give you better MPG since you would survive
for more orbits thus your cumulative distance covered for the fuel used
increases.....

Look at voyager....now that's MPG..... :-)

Old October 15th 11, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

"Scout" wrote in news:j7cs0v
:

"RD Sandman" wrote in message
"Scout" wrote in
:

"RD Sandman" wrote in message
"Scout" wrote in
:

http://news.medinfo.ufl.edu/articles...mbi-discovery-

[...]

Perhaps, a twofer.

Old October 16th 11, 01:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

Am 15.10.2011 21:23, schrieb SaPeIsMa:

Since You most certainly don't trust me, I give you an example. (Only
one)

Look at this picture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ap...unar_orbit.jpg

It shows the lunar orbiter and the moon.
Since there is no other choice, the photo was obviously taken from the
landing module 'Eagle'.

But the term 'orbiter' refers to the orbit, this vehicle keeps, while
the lander lands.
Landing zone is usually below the orbit, hence the lander cannot take
photos from the orbiter with the moon in the back.

So basically you're claiming that since the person putting the label on
did not necessarily have a good grasp of teminology, the photo is a fake ?

This is the kind of stupidity that is so typical of the conspiracy nuts

(Actually its not my business and I'm not a 'conspiracy nut'. )

But you Americans could start to think about this question:
if it was in fact a fake, than certainly a few bucks were redirected
into dark channels, but who has them and what purpose are they used for?

It's a LOT of money, that is (apparently) stolen from American
taxpayers. Is that a particular patriotic behaviour? Certainly not.

There were a few other developments in the 60'th worth to mention: JFK
assassination, 'hippies', Vietnam war ...

And there was - much later - 9-11. If that was a fake, too, than that
wouldn't qualify as very patriotic neither.

Don't know, how to put all these pieces together and it's actually not
my business, but I suggest you Americans try to do that.

TH
Old October 16th 11, 03:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

?

This is the kind of stupidity that is so typical of the conspiracy nuts

(Actually its not my business and I'm not a 'conspiracy nut'. )

But you Americans could start to think about this question:
if it was in fact a fake, than certainly a few bucks were redirected into
dark channels, but who has them and what purpose are they used for?

Who gives a ****, until you establish solid evidence that it actually
occurred, not some hypothetical "if".

Old October 16th 11, 03:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

Thomas Heger wrote in :

Do you hear the term "bat**** crazy" being whispered behind your back often?

If not, listen harder.

--
Words of wisdom

What does not kill you... probably didn't cause enough tissue damage.
Old October 16th 11, 04:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

[...]

You just proved that you qualify for the moniker "conspiracy nut"
The other word for that is "idiot"

Old October 16th 11, 07:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 14, 10:06*am, (J R) wrote:
Germany likes to bragg about the quality of German Ore/steel.But, the
highest quality of Iron Ore was from the French Briery (spelling?) Iron
Ore in France.World War Two era.

When I was in boot camp at Fort Gordon,Georgia in 1962, there was a guy
whos last name was Spangler.He was always bragging about German steel.
Fort Bragg is Bragging every day.
cuhulin

And I always thought the better grades of iron ore was found in
Sweden...
Old October 16th 11, 05:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

Thomas Heger wrote in
:

[...]

Several here have tried. You aren't unique no matter what your mum told
you. So far, none of their theories have held any more water than yours
have.

Old October 17th 11, 05:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

Am 15.10.2011 22:46, schrieb Scout:

"Thomas Heger" wrote in message
Am 15.10.2011 02:05, schrieb Scout:

"RD Sandman" wrote in message
"Scout" wrote in
:

http://news.medinfo.ufl.edu/articles...scovery-prompt

[...]

Actually you can be a 'truther' and live outside the USA.

I did some sort of 'research' on 9-11, too. Actually I have an own
'theory', that circles around flight 93.
There seems to be a plot. This is the picture - or story- that was
intended, but not achieved. Actually Mr.Bush messed it up (in my
assumption).

It goes like this:
I call it a 'dance of planes and falling skyscrapers'.
The original plot was, that north tower gets hit, south tower gets
hit, pentagon gets hit.
South tower falls down, flight 93 hits building 7, north tower falls
down, building 7 falls down. (South tower had to fall first, because
building 7 is behind it).

Instead the flight was delayed and Mr. President so perplexed, that he
had to think about a solution very hard (and for several minutes).
Than he gave order to shoot down the plane, what was promptly done.
Flight 93 was apparently approaching Indean Lake Airpark, but didn't.
make it there and fell in parts into the Indean Lake.
Later on the WTC 7 fell without a hit.

yawn

And naturally you have some evidence to support this supposition?

You can also explain the bulging walls and other sides of structural
collapse noted prior to the building's collapse?

Actually I don't like the term 'truther'. And I don't like the term
'conspiracy theory', but these phrases are commonly used.

I think, if the government does does something illegal, than this
isn't a conspiracy. Its just illegal.

That and showing he has absolutely NO capacity for research,
investigation or critical thought.

I bet I can give him something that will really blow his mind.

In orbit you go faster to slow down, and slow down to go faster.

The decline from orbit is a difficult subject, too. Imagine a space
capsule in Moon orbit. There is no air. To land and to stop the craft
in horizontal movement, you need to fire the engine in reverse thrust
(against flight direction). This is not seen on any of the films or
pictures.

Well, let's see. The people in the lander are going to be strapped down
and all they could take a picture of in any event would be a view out
the front of the lander.

The orbiter meanwhile is now ahead of the lander and the moment you
fired the engines on the lander would rapidly move away. Short of a
really high power telephoto, you couldn't take a meaningful picture of
the lander from the orbiter during the de-orbit burn, nor any particular
reason to do so. After all I doubt some moron may years in the future
would contend the whole thing was faked simply because they didn't take
a picture just for him.

And it is - of course - difficult and fuel consuming.

Yep, which is why weight was such an issue.

The opposite is even more difficult and that is to restart and making
the rendezvous with the orbiter.

No more than any of the other times that spacecraft have met up in
space, and from the moon it would actually be easier since you would
have no air currents to throw you off your course during launch.

This is next to impossible, because there is no assistance from the
ground, helping to correct the flight path (nobody there, on moon
surface).

Don't need it. One craft knows exactly where they are, the other knows
where they are, the rest is just math.

Well, I would agree to 'just math and knowing where things are'.

But that 'just math' is quite challenging, if you have only a
handcranked 'computer' with a few k Ram.

And knowing where everything is is difficult, too. Today they have GPS,
that would help a lot - if installed at the moon.

But without radar and satellite navigation things are VERY difficult.

And completely impossible is, to store the needed fuel in a single
craft. (No gas station there, neither).

Actually with the small gravity well of the moon and no atmosphere it's
quite possible.

See the gravity well of the Earth is some 22 TIMES greater than is the
gravity well of the moon.

Here's a nice video with graphics to explain this to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBQHtF3WhMw

Further the lander doesn't even have to climb all the way out of that
well. It only has to reach a very low orbit to meet up with the orbiter
which then provides the rest of the thrust needed to return to Earth.

Heck, the orbiter's orbit was generally so low that it would have been
within the atmosphere around the Earth. But since the moon has no
atmosphere you could orbit at almost any height, as shown by the recent
orbits just 13 miles up (ie 69,000 feet) below the service ceiling of
many military aircraft.

So combine a shallow gravity well, with low orbit and what do you have?

Answer - you need very little delta V to land or launch for said orbit
around a body without an atmosphere.

Once again, I will simply note that all you are showing is your
ignorance of the mechanics of space flight, not any flaws in what NASA
did, or didn't do.

Actually the gravity on Moon is very low. Agreed..

But you make the same mistake as the NASA guys. That is messing up
'inertia' and 'weight'.
In Germany we had pounds before, but now use the SI-system of units.
With this it is more easy to see: Weight is measured in Newton (in lbs.
in the US) and mass in kilograms (in lbs. in the US).

To accelerate a mass to a certain speed, the needed energy does not
depend on weight, but on mass and the needed velocity. That velocity is
orbital speed for the moon's gravitational field.

For Earth orbit you need much faster flight than you would need to stay
in orbit around the moon, but nevertheless it is quite fast. On Earth it
took a Saturn V rocket, to lift the craft into orbit. On the Moon it
would take less fuel, but way more, than the few gallons, they had in
the lander.

TH

ESD Protection ? Bob[_27_] Antenna 3 February 21st 11 09:38 PM
ESD Protection ? AndyS Antenna 1 January 21st 11 06:34 PM
Protection Tip Mike Kaliski Antenna 1 May 26th 07 09:37 PM
And maybe Florida is different:# LIGHTNING PROTECTION SYSTEMS PROVIDE LIMITED PROTECTION. [email protected] Shortwave 6 June 17th 05 04:19 AM
LIGHTNING PROTECTION Shortwave 6 July 31st 03 11:21 PM