Old September 28th 11, 08:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy
RHF RHF is offline

Default Small gun, the serious protection you need ...

On Sep 27, 10:39*pm, Benj wrote:
On Sep 27, 10:59*pm, Harry Callahan wrote:

**** that ya pansy. 6.5" M-29 in a vertical shoulder holster. Extra speed
loaders on your belt.

--
"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to
tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself.

Well, do ya, punk?

Obviously the problem here is you bunch of penis envy guys are letting
a bunch of Hollywood liberals create your reality for you. And they
were all born without brains. (Say, doesn't that bad guy in the ad
attacking the blond in the car sort of look like the Governator?)

No, you DO NOT want a derringer. What, you are all a bunch of high
rolling gamblers? No, you DO NOT want a derringer that shoots .410
shotgun shells.

- A derringer is a gut gun.

That's right 'in-a-room' at 2~3 Yards/Metres : It's
all about a 'gut' {body} shot and bring them 'down'
with one shot. Take the Gun in both hands; get
down on one-knee; point the barrel at their 'guts';
and pull the trigger.

and keep pulling the trigger to stay alive ~ RHF
Old September 29th 11, 06:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy
RHF RHF is offline

On Sep 28, 2:00*pm, RD Sandman wrote:
John Smith wrote :

On 9/27/2011 6:08 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 20:30:19 -0400, "Scout"
*wrote:

*wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 16:29:19 -0700, John
wrote:

.410 buck (or a choice), .357/.38 ....

good obama blaster, criminal public servant controller, etc.
Could stop 'em from stealing you SW radio, golf clubs, other guns,
or save your arse when you wake up to the conspiracy and the
conspirators want you silenced!

http://bondarmsusa.com/

(make sure you watch the video!)

Would even fit in the san fransicko boys' purses!

Regards,
JS

**** that. *This is a much better weapon.

http://www.ruger.com/products/sp101/index.html

Five shots,

Which you get from one round of .410 triple aught buck (3" shell)

I can get 5 shots on target. *And reload in about 2 seconds.

better reload time

Really? You think you can reload the cylinder of that revolver
faster than you can fire the other barrel of that derringer?

A derringer is an inaccurate piece of junk. *Ruger makes an
infinately better gun.

much more accurate.

I suspect the .410 would be suitably accurate for any reasonable
self defense range.

So unless you think you will have time to group your shots, The
higher accuracy is pretty much moot.

.357 or 38 P+ hollowpoints at close range you only need one or two
anyway. *The other 3 are extra. *The SP101 is truly a remarkably
accurate gun for a snubby. *I can shoot the same size groups with
that as I can with any handguns.

Unless you are facing a completely green and incompetent attacker ...
the matter will be decided in those first two shots ... in the movies,
there are gun fights, teenie bobber gangsters like a lot of shooting
... a real attacker knows what he wants, is professional and is going
to have it QUICKLY! ... most idiots are going to allow him into the
"zone of no recovery" before they even begin to react ... from there,
five bullets or a thousand and five will make damn little difference
... it will be him pumping them into your dead corpse ...

Regards,
JS

- The average self defense scenario follows
- the Rule of Three.
-*Three shots,
- three yards,
- three seconds.

And If'n That Don't Work {Killing'Em} :
Then The Attacker Turns and Runs
-or-continues-the-attack-followed-by-
The Rule of One* :
One Shot,
One Yard,
One Second.
* Pure Survival

With a .410 Cal Derringer for Self-Defense :
1st Shot [Stop'Em] @ 2~3 Yards
-shoot-1st-to-protect-yourself-from-harm-
Last Shot [Kill'Em] @ 1-Yard
-1ast-shoot-to-save-your-life-self-defense-
Old September 29th 11, 06:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

"Thomas Heger" wrote in message
Am 28.09.2011 23:05, schrieb Gray Guest:
Thomas wrote in news:9eh1fuFakeU1
@mid.individual.net:

Am 28.09.2011 01:29, schrieb John Smith:
.410 buck (or a choice), .357/.38 ....

good obama blaster, criminal public servant controller, etc. Could stop
'em from stealing you SW radio, golf clubs, other guns, or save your
arse when you wake up to the conspiracy and the conspirators want you
silenced!

Civil war in the US would be really terrible. (And I have doubt, that
such handguns would be the weapons of choice.)

Better would be to prevent havoc.

I think, that violence isn't the right way. People would better try to
reacquire control about all elements of the society: the communities,
politics, education, health-care, nutrition, transportation, military
and even entertainment.

In all these fields, there are people involved, that do not want their
country destroyed. But there are also 'bad guys', that like misery,
violence, sickness and dirt.

If you want nicer people, you had to clean your (personal!) environment,
remove the rubble, overpaint the graffiti, disallow drug trafficking,
rethink education, watch less tv, cook your own food, walk, smile - but
don't carry a gun around.

To regain control you need to start with local affairs and reorganise,
what is in reach. Do not let any dubious character have any influence on
any public office. To identify such persons is difficult, but some
characteristics you certainly don't want to have at - say - a teacher.
For example membership in any sort of 'secret society' is definitely
not acceptable or massive tattoos, drug consume, sexual disorder, known
violence or extremistic political opinions.

Such persons are generally a threat to more 'usual' people, because they
are too boring for their sick brains.

TH

The resort to violence however is sometimes thrust upon people. The evil,
the criminal and the aggressor has their own aganda. No amount of
conciliation can deter them, only answering kind with kind.

You are refered to the 1930s for an example of wooly headed peace with
honor stupidity and where it led. Had Europe stood up to Hitler any time
between 1936 and 1938 the conflagaration of 1939 to 1945 could have been
avoided.

Sometimes a small amount of preemptive violence is preferable to large
amounts of avoidable violence.

The armament of the American society is most likely the greatest stumbling
block for globalistic self-proclaimed fascistic elite.

But these arms are not to be used, because in a real fight, the
professionals are better off than you with a handgun.

That assumes many things which aren't necessarily true.

Old September 29th 11, 07:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

"Scout" wrote in
:

You need to fire
both barrels in a Bond 2 shot to equal the number of rounds in an
SP-101.

Uh, an SP-101 in .38/.357 only holds 5 rounds. That's equal to the
number of pellets of triple or quad aught buck in a 3" shell.

So you would have to fire until empty, reload, and then empty again,
your SP101 to get an equal number of lead pieces headed downrange to
match those produced by 2 pulls of the Bond's trigger.

:-)

While that is true, you also get increased velocity and much better
projectile design. I have some 158gr unjacketed Hollow Points +P,
Winchester, I think, that are supposed to be effective out of a short
barrel. Sort of an event in the airweight, very controlable in the 2.5"
M19.

--
Words of wisdom

What does not kill you... probably didn't cause enough tissue damage.
Old September 29th 11, 07:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

"Scout" wrote in
:

"RD Sandman" wrote in message
"Scout" wrote in
:

"BDK" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
says...

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 16:29:19 -0700, John Smith
wrote:

.410 buck (or a choice), .357/.38 ....

good obama blaster, criminal public servant controller, etc. Could
stop 'em from stealing you SW radio, golf clubs, other guns, or
save your arse when you wake up to the conspiracy and the
conspirators want you silenced!

http://bondarmsusa.com/

(make sure you watch the video!)

Would even fit in the san fransicko boys' purses!

Regards,
JS

**** that. This is a much better weapon.

http://www.ruger.com/products/sp101/index.html

Five shots, better reload time, much more accurate.

Leave it to Johnny Kook to pick a POS like a Bond Arms 2 shot.

Dozens of better guns out there.

Depends on what you're after.

On a shot per shot basis, the .410 is going to deliver more to target.

effectively ten 30 caliber pellets to target in the time it takes to
pull the trigger twice.

A .410 handgun round contains 8 or 9 pellets if it is a #4 shot.

That's about right, the problem is you lose space because the pellets
are staggered. Thus a lot of the shell capacity is empty air.

It
contains 3 pellets if it is 000 which is approximately .36 caliber.

Maybe a few brands, but if you look around even in 2.5" you can get 4
pellets.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=533166

and in 3" (which I believe I mentioned somewhere) you get 5 pellets.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=170759

and .36 matches up nicely with the .357 caliber of the .38 and .357.

12ga shoots about 9 pellets in 00.

Again, with the 12, you lose capacity because the pellets are staggered.

In the .410 they are neatly lined up, making maximum use of the
available space.

Use a buffered shot and you will get a nice tight group at close ranges.

Whereas the Ruger is going to take 5 trigger pulls, a reload, and than
another 5 trigger pulls.

Nope. Go back and revisit the .410 load fired by a Judge.

Are you talking the regular Judge or the 3" Judge?

One gives you 4 pellets of triple aught, the other gives you 5.

The Bondarm's Century 2000 derringer, the gun under discussion, accepts
up to a 3" .410 shell.

Hence the 5 pellets discussed.

Of course, you could also load in a .410 with 5 pellets of 0000 buck
(0.375). Of course, you're probably going to need to mail order those,
and I think only a few manufacturers even make them.

:-)

That's not to say that one is a better gun than the other, but as in
so much it depends on what you're looking for it to do.

Also the .410 loading is generally reported to have a fairly high 1
shot stop percentage, since you are usually effectively hitting the
target multiple times in 1 shot.

Three, if all impact and you are shooting 000 buck.

Actually even if more than 1 hit, you will still be hitting the target
multiple times. :-)

However, if that's the case, odds are you didn't hit much of consequence
unless you're talking the head.

You need to fire
both barrels in a Bond 2 shot to equal the number of rounds in an
SP-101.

Uh, an SP-101 in .38/.357 only holds 5 rounds. That's equal to the
number of pellets of triple or quad aught buck in a 3" shell.

So you would have to fire until empty, reload, and then empty again,
your SP101 to get an equal number of lead pieces headed downrange to
match those produced by 2 pulls of the Bond's trigger.

:-)

Based on reports and testing, the rounds that produce the best one
shot stops are those that produce a nice hydrostatic shock wave in the
blood pressure that effectively shuts down the brain for a period of
time. Now that's not to say they are going to stay down, only that
they are going to drop on the first shot and stay down for a bit.
Shotguns do this quite effectively since they tend to dump a large
part of their energy to a broad section of the body inducing such a
hydrostatic shock. This, of course, depends upon a reasonably direct
impact to center mass.

So it all depends on your preferences, choices, and so on.

This is true.

My biggest objection would be the weight of the piece which IMO makes
it less of a carry piece. On the other hand it's flat which again IMO
makes it easier to conceal than a revolver.

True with the Bond derringer, not so with a Taurus Judge or the S&W.

Well, I wasn't intending this to be an in-depth review of all the
variations, only contesting Dudu's immediate and apparently arbitrary
dismissal of the Century 2000 as being unsuitable for self defense, and
challenging each of his talking points to establish that.

About the only point that was really valid was the accuracy issue, but
at self defense ranges a gun doesn't need to be particularly accurate
hence my noting it as pretty much a moot point.

Honestly, after several years of looking at derringers and some of the
absurd calibers they come in, I find it hard to fault the choice of any
lightweight J frame. The more serious calibers are often as wide and nearly
as long and always weigh more. Mine hides very well and while reloading
isn't really an issue at close range (IMO) reloading a derringer can be a
PITA. I bought some Speed Strips and I can carry the J-Frame and 2 Speed
strips very comfortably. I really only would carry it if the 908 or G-19
was impractical for some reason, though.

Old September 29th 11, 07:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

Thomas Heger wrote in news:9ei6ptFeh9U1
@mid.individual.net:

[...]

But people could 'take it back'. I mean 'the real life', the
communities, local affairs, education and so forth. It is all about
people and how they behave. People should know, that certain things are
not allowed and should not be done.

Drugs of all sorts feed the 'bad guys', so you should try to avoid any
drugs - at least not pay for them. This because the money for the drugs
goes into the wrong canals and supports the criminals and unwanted
behaviour.

Any person without a shelter is a thread to public health. So it is
mandatory to allow every person access to soap and water, some sort of
housing and food.

Any kind of toxic waste should be removed from public places, to allow
kids safe play in their neighbourhood.

Public land should be accessible. Even farmland should be allowed to
enter for pedestrians, that just want to pass.

To create a strong society based on civil affairs, the industry and the
smaller companies had to be protected.

The Americans fought endless wars without apparent reason and without
apparent benefit. Many think, these wars are somehow good for America.
But - for example- what kind of benefit do you expect from the invasion
of Afghanistan, Somalia, Irak? It always ends like Vietnam: with a lot
of dead soldiers and no real gain.

TH

The "professionals" only prevail if you fight them on their terms.

Has no one heard of Sun Tzu?

Old September 29th 11, 07:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

On 9/28/2011 10:12 PM, Scout wrote:

[...]

I don't know, personal experience has taught me that there are quick fixes.

The biggest bully in the world, if I can get access to him, when he is
away from his gang, and I with the proper tool(s), can be fixed in damn
short order ... cut off the head, the snake dies, it may wither a bit,
but it dies ...

A gun is a fabulous tool, however, experience, cunning, stealth,
intelligence, purpose, motivation, etc., these are all equally important
.... a single man with the "righteousness of God" in his heart and soul
can be an amazing thing to witness -- a group of such men brought the
whole british empire to its' knees and established America ... masters,
in fear of their slaves, will always down play the importance of even a
single man, let alone the awesome powers which exist in a group of such
men, men who were not born to be slaves simply ignore their whining ...
most men know what they are, they have already looked into the core of
their being and know what exists there ... a coward, or not ...

Regards,
JS

Old September 29th 11, 07:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

On 9/28/2011 11:17 PM, Gray Guest wrote:
. net wrote in
:

You need to fire
both barrels in a Bond 2 shot to equal the number of rounds in an
SP-101.

Uh, an SP-101 in .38/.357 only holds 5 rounds. That's equal to the
number of pellets of triple or quad aught buck in a 3" shell.

So you would have to fire until empty, reload, and then empty again,
your SP101 to get an equal number of lead pieces headed downrange to
match those produced by 2 pulls of the Bond's trigger.

:-)

While that is true, you also get increased velocity and much better
projectile design. I have some 158gr unjacketed Hollow Points +P,
Winchester, I think, that are supposed to be effective out of a short
barrel. Sort of an event in the airweight, very controlable in the 2.5"
M19.

I'd say a police wad cutter would be effective at the distances
discussed here ... and cheap! Heck, reused brass and a shot out barrel
might even work to your advantage, in some situations -- crudely cast
slug, etc.

Regards,
JS

Old September 29th 11, 08:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

"John Smith" wrote in message
[...]

Like I said above, his comment makes a number of assumptions that aren't
necessarily true. One of which you just illustrated.

A gun is a fabulous tool, however, experience, cunning, stealth,
intelligence, purpose, motivation, etc., these are all equally important
... a single man with the "righteousness of God" in his heart and soul can
be an amazing thing to witness -- a group of such men brought the whole
british empire to its' knees and established America ... masters, in fear
of their slaves, will always down play the importance of even a single
man, let alone the awesome powers which exist in a group of such men, men
who were not born to be slaves simply ignore their whining ... most men
know what they are, they have already looked into the core of their being
and know what exists there ... a coward, or not ...

More examples of what I was talking about.

Old September 29th 11, 08:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

"Gray Guest" wrote in message
44.100...
"Scout" wrote in
:

You need to fire
both barrels in a Bond 2 shot to equal the number of rounds in an
SP-101.

Uh, an SP-101 in .38/.357 only holds 5 rounds. That's equal to the
number of pellets of triple or quad aught buck in a 3" shell.

So you would have to fire until empty, reload, and then empty again,
your SP101 to get an equal number of lead pieces headed downrange to
match those produced by 2 pulls of the Bond's trigger.

:-)

While that is true, you also get increased velocity and much better
projectile design. I have some 158gr unjacketed Hollow Points +P,
Winchester, I think, that are supposed to be effective out of a short
barrel. Sort of an event in the airweight, very controlable in the 2.5"
M19.

Yep, but a soft lead pellet typically does a pretty good job particularly
when you're hitting them with multiple examples at the same time.

ESD Protection ? Bob[_27_] Antenna 3 February 21st 11 10:38 PM
ESD Protection ? AndyS Antenna 1 January 21st 11 07:34 PM
Protection Tip Mike Kaliski Antenna 1 May 26th 07 09:37 PM
And maybe Florida is different:# LIGHTNING PROTECTION SYSTEMS PROVIDE LIMITED PROTECTION. [email protected] Shortwave 6 June 17th 05 04:19 AM
LIGHTNING PROTECTION Shortwave 6 July 31st 03 11:21 PM