Old January 24th 04, 04:40 AM
Burr

LLL
Burr

RHF wrote:
TLF,

Why such a Hostile and Invective Reply ?

I think what "TW" was suggesting is: If you are Confronted with
a Hostile and Toxic Social Environment. The the Best Thing You
Can Do For Yourself is to Go Someplace and Create a Positive
Wholesome Social Environment for Yourself to Grow In and Enjoy.

GROUPS: For One and All - For All are One - Rejoice and Be Happy )
Otherwise-Get-Active= http://www.MoveOn.Org

cwajga ~ RHF
= = = Can't We All Just Get Along.
.
.
= = = TL Fort
= = = wrote in message . ..

are you his assmonkey?

Tracy

On 23 Jan 2004 14:48:48 -0800, (Tom Welch) wrote:

RHF is correct, if you don't like
what's going on, start your own
****ing discussion group.

Tom Welch

Old January 24th 04, 01:54 PM
Burr

What does this mean, I ain't to smart!!!
Ain't nothing social is it?

Burr (got it from my father, I'm Jr.)

SYSYPHUS' SISTER
I am,
SYSYPHUS' SISTER
and you're not

Old January 24th 04, 04:54 PM
RHF

MWB,

Yes, in general I try to keep things "On Topic" and 'focused'
on the specific type of Radio that the eGroup is formed for:
But, there has to be a certain amount of natural discourse in
any group for it to be Alive and Interesting for the 85% of
the Members who simply Read-the-Mail.

However, I am sorry to admit that about every ten days.
I have to DELETE a 'posted' Message and REMOVE-BAN a Member.
Plus File an ABUSE Report with YAHOO Groups about the Member.
NOTE: Not something I 'like' doing; but it is something that
"Has-to-be-Done" to maintain order and establish control for
the benefit of the group. After all in my former life, when
I had a JOB; I was a "Inspektor Gruppe Führer" for more than
20 of those 32 Years. free-at-last, Free-At-Last. FREE-AT-LAST !

EXAMPLE:
"What to Expect when SPAM and Off Topic Posting Occur on this eGroup"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SWL-AM...nna/message/89

lof... ~ RHF
= = = Lead or Follow; Or Simply Get Out of the Way.
..
..
= = = ojunk (Michael Bryant)
= = = wrote in message ...

From:
(RHF

Hey I Did That ! {Start My Own eGroups }

And I bet you prefer to keep your groups on-topic and don't kick
people off for simply asking that they stick to the topic.

Right?

..

Old January 24th 04, 09:13 PM
Michael Bryant

From: (RHF)

But, there has to be a certain amount of natural discourse in
any group for it to be Alive and Interesting for the 85% of
the Members who simply Read-the-Mail.

I will stand by my belief that what the SAT800 group turned into was far more
annoying than "natural discourse." There just wern't many posts being made
about the SAT800. Remeber, it operated as a mail list and all that crap was
overwhelming to wade through.

However, I am sorry to admit that about every ten days.
I have to DELETE a 'posted' Message and REMOVE-BAN a Member.
Plus File an ABUSE Report with YAHOO Groups about the Member.
NOTE: Not something I 'like' doing; but it is something that
"Has-to-be-Done" to maintain order and establish control for
the benefit of the group.

When was the last time you did that to someone requesting that the group try to
stay on-topic, RH? I'll bet never. Which makes me wonder why you've been so
vehement in defending JJ's actions. I think anyone that tries can figure out
why you seem so involved.

After all in my former life, when
I had a JOB; I was a "Inspektor Gruppe Führer" for more than
20 of those 32 Years. free-at-last, Free-At-Last. FREE-AT-LAST !

There you go down that memory lane, again, RHF. ;-

Do me a favor and let it go, RHF. I'm trying to do the same. If you really
believe that JJ did the acceptable thing, fine. We'll just have to agree to
disagree. Neither one of us will change the other's mind.

Mike

Old January 25th 04, 04:37 AM
RHF

= = = ojunk (Michael Bryant)
= = = wrote in message ...
From:
(RHF)

[...]

MWB, Did I Defend "JJs" Actions NO [.]
[ "JJ" is able to Speak for Himself. ]
I Simply Stated How I Manage the eGroups on YAHOO!
For which I am 'personally' Responsible to the Membership.

After all in my former life, when
I had a JOB; I was a "Inspektor Gruppe Führer" for more than
20 of those 32 Years. free-at-last, Free-At-Last. FREE-AT-LAST !

There you go down that memory lane, again, RHF. ;-

MWB, Be Thankful for your Memories: Some Day they will simply
start to fade away and your life will begin to change forever.

Old January 25th 04, 12:31 PM
DeWayne

"craigm" wrote in message

om...

= = = wrote in message

From:
(RHF

Hey I Did That ! {Start My Own eGroups }

And I bet you prefer to keep your groups on-topic and don't kick
people off for simply asking that they stick to the topic.

Right?

.

Keep in mind, Mike's post was after a string of 35 off-topic posts by
others. He asked that the group try to stay on-topic.

JJ's reply, "If you don't like it...guess what...you can leave the group.
", was in rather poor taste for being the moderator.

Following Mike's post, about 4 of the 45 posts were on-topic.

That group seems to need a new charter and name.

For me, the Sat 800 group has become a waste of time to find that rare
on-topic post.

I dumped the SAT 800 group this week. It was getting out of hand IMO.

DeWayne

Just my opinion.

craigm

Old January 26th 04, 01:49 AM
Telamon

In article ,
TL Fort wrote:

On 23 Jan 2004 20:12:42 -0800, (RHF) wrote:

TLF,

Why such a Hostile and Invective Reply ?

I think what "TW" was suggesting is: If you are Confronted with
a Hostile and Toxic Social Environment. The the Best Thing You
Can Do For Yourself is to Go Someplace and Create a Positive
Wholesome Social Environment for Yourself to Grow In and Enjoy.

GROUPS: For One and All - For All are One - Rejoice and Be Happy )
Otherwise-Get-Active=
http://www.MoveOn.Org

That's a question that you need to be asking Tom Welch? It was a
hostile following a hostile...

Tom Welch is a known TROLL. Look him up. Also try Red Pony. He also went
by other handles.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old January 27th 04, 07:18 PM
AC Smith

SYSYPHUS' SISTER wrote in message ...

Michael:
Wait about 6 weeks, that's when JJ goes off the meds again.....

I am,
SYSYPHUS' SISTER
and you're not

Hey, Sis, I am a co-moderator on Sat800 and have refrained from using
any of my powers on that group for fear of getting kicked off. I love
the people of Sat800 and it isn't fun when things take a nose-dive on
political issues and the such. I have considered leaving because I
have run up my flag as not being a "conservative" and once marked
(either way) you are marked. Apparently if one is not of a particular
stripe, it is now cause to be labeled an enemy rather than just to
leave it as "disagreeing". But I love the people of the group and it
is a large group so I'm going to hang around until I "slip up" and get
booted for wanting the subject matter to remain on track.

To all those who left the group for whatever reason, I apologize.
However, I am not the owner and in the end really have no power.

Best DX to all of you,

AC Smith