Old April 6th 05, 01:30 AM
Greg

From: "Bob Haberkost"
Newsgroups: alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 03:49:15 GMT
Subject: Free XM radios at J.C. Penney

"Greg" wrote in message
| Newsgroups: alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave
| Date: 4 Apr 2005 18:28:59 -0700
| Subject: Free XM radios at J.C. Penney

| 65 or so channels of commercial free music
| that simply are not available anywhere else. A lot of which you
| couldn't walk into your local music store and buy if you wanted to.

| An even larger amount of music is also available via the internet.

| Really? How's the service in your car? Do you have broadband?

In some cities, already, that answer is YES! So keep this in mind....whether
wireless internet infrastucture with the same service area as a
satellite-based
network can be built as cost-effectively(?) as satellite distribution remains
be seen, though.
--

Well, my point is that for a lot of people (apparently), myself included, XM
is a rational choice when away from the computer and where am and fm

....and I'll still fire up the old NRD and tune in SW stuff when I get home
in the evening.

Greg