Old April 6th 05, 03:25 PM
David

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 21:36:33 -0700, Howard
wrote:

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 19:29:21 GMT, David wrote:

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 11:18:05 -0500, "MnMikew"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 19:01:41 -0400, "Macman"
wrote:

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/display?content=4410

Wondering if any SW activity will be occurring?

What a load of hooey.

Keep your head in the sand David, the real world may be too much for you.

Come and get me, Bin Ladin.

The coolest people on Earth are the rock-and-rollers in Kosovo who
wore T-Shirts with bullseyes printed on them.

If you let fear run your life you may as well be dead. Bush's
environmental policies kill way more people than terrorism.

David,
Put aside the Homeland Security aspect and think of the advantage of
multiple agencies learning how to coordinate their activities. As
someone who lives in So-Cal you are probably aware of the issues that
have arisen when city, county & state agencies of several flavors
respond during earthquakes, fires & flooding/mudslides. Whatever the
catalyst for a response - natural disaster or large-scale industrial
incident being the most likely such catalyst, the agencies need much
more practice in interagency communications & coordination and we, as
those served by those agencies, stand to gain from exercises such as
these.

Howard

So why not just make it an industrial accident they are drilling on.
Why the comic book drama?

Old April 6th 05, 03:30 PM
dxAce

wrote:

[...]

Why? Just to get 'tard boys such as yourself in a tizzy... that's why!

Be sure to take your meds today.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 6th 05, 04:01 PM

I went over to old man Thomas Burnside's home yesterday.Actually
though,he and his wife live at 4838 S Westhaven Drive.(I don't know why
I had been thinking they live on South McRaven Road,I guess it's because
I haden't been over there to visit in so long) y'all can google 4838 S
Westhaven Drive Jackson Mississippi if y'all want to,I don't care) Their
phone number is 601 922 2235 He said a guy from Nashville was over there
about a week ago and bought a radio from him.Burnside said he gets about
ten old radios a month and he sells about 15 old radios a month.He has
some little storage sheds in his back yard near his garden and I have
seen lots of old tube type radios and old transistor radios and all
kinds of old things in there many times before and I have bought a lot
of old things from him before.He subscribes to a paper called the
American Radio Club.He said there is a website for that and he keeps an
ad in the that paper,if y'all want to check it out.They have a store
manikin that looks like a brunette woman of about 25 years old and the
manikin is sitting in a chair under the carport by the side of their
front side door.Burnside said his wide changes the clothes on that
manikin every once in a while.The manikin was dressed up in bluejeans
and a polka dot shirt and black shoes and had sunglasses on.When I
pulled up in their driveway,I though at first it was a real live woman,I
waved at that manikin and I says,Howdy! I wanted to buy that manikin
too,buy they said it isn't for sale.
cuhulin

Old April 6th 05, 04:42 PM
David

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 10:01:59 -0500, wrote:

[...]

Antique Radio Classified?

http://www.antiqueradio.com/

Old April 6th 05, 05:57 PM
RHF

DaviD - Because "9/11" was not a Comic Book Drama [.]

Old April 6th 05, 09:03 PM
Brian Hill

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Yes 911 was pretty comical, what a hoot. Idiot.

More stupidity from another "Assholes On Line" abuser.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

He was being sarcastic.

B.H.

Old April 6th 05, 10:41 PM
MnMikew

wrote:

[...]

Oh yeah, and Earthlink is sooo much better, dumbass. Perhaps your wonderful
Earthlink has a dictionary, you may want to look up "sarcasm".

Old April 7th 05, 01:40 AM
Honus

wrote in message
I went over to old man Thomas Burnside's home yesterday.Actually
though,he and his wife live at 4838 S Westhaven Drive.(I don't know why
I had been thinking they live on South McRaven Road,I guess it's because
I haden't been over there to visit in so long) y'all can google 4838 S
Westhaven Drive Jackson Mississippi if y'all want to,I don't care) Their
phone number is 601 922 2235 He said a guy from Nashville was over there

What a pal you are, cuhulin. I sure hope your friend doesn't object to your
publishing his personal info on Usenet like that. Then again, maybe you guys
aren't friends at all. It sure as hell doesn't look like it to me.

Old April 7th 05, 02:23 AM

I was only trying to drum up some more business for the old coot so he
can sell some more radios.I didn't put him on usenet,he has been on
usenet for years.He also told me old man Otto (Otto is about 80
something years old) is still repairing radios so I think I am going to
take my old wooden cabinet floor model Grundig
AM/FM/Shortwave/phonograph radio (it dates back to about 1957 or 1958)
and my old wooden cabinet AM/FM/Shortwave Telefunken table model radio
and another old AM/FM wooden cabinet table model radio over to old man
Otto Wisez's (I think his last name is spelled Wisez,I have it written
down on an empty cigarette rolling papers cardboard cover around here
somewhere.But all I would have to do is look in my phone book,I am not
neat and tidy,I lay things down around here just where ever they happen
to land) place and let him repair those radios.Old coot Burnside told me
a set of tubes for my old Telefunken radio could cost about $50.00,but
that's ok with me.Eat your heart out!
cuhulin

Old April 7th 05, 03:06 AM
Howard

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:25:19 GMT, David wrote:

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 21:36:33 -0700, Howard
wrote:
snip

David,
Put aside the Homeland Security aspect and think of the advantage of
multiple agencies learning how to coordinate their activities. As
someone who lives in So-Cal you are probably aware of the issues that
have arisen when city, county & state agencies of several flavors
respond during earthquakes, fires & flooding/mudslides. Whatever the
catalyst for a response - natural disaster or large-scale industrial
incident being the most likely such catalyst, the agencies need much
more practice in interagency communications & coordination and we, as
those served by those agencies, stand to gain from exercises such as
these.

Howard

So why not just make it an industrial accident they are drilling on.
Why the comic book drama?

A few reasons:
1) A terrorist attack, regardless of what probability of happening
any of us in this group assign, is one of many things DHS is tasked to
respond to
2) The "War on Terror" , again regardless of the opinions of those on
this group, is considered a real possibility by our government
institutions and as such they are preparing for such an eventuality
3) A terrorist attack on this nation need not come from outside this
nation and has always been a consideration of our government agencies
and in fact they did occur. 9/11 just shifted how we address things.
4) FEMA, noted for response to natural disasters, is now under the
umbrella of DHS so even if done as a FEMA drill - it would still
ultimately be a DHS drill.

Your and my perception of terorrist threat to America, involvement in
the mid-East and I'm sure a few other political topics are undoubtedly
different. However, I do hope that you do not "throw out the baby
with the bathwater" and lose sight of the fact that there is some good
that is coming from our government's actions post 9/11. Not
everything our government is doing is wrong or evil; some of what this
administration - as well as many others before it - are doing is
objectionable to a great many people. In the end though, this isn't
such a bad place to be - at least in my opinion. Through our
representational democracy we have the opportunity to vote against
those who do not truly act on our behalf as citizens; it is a duty we
all share to vote for those who will protect the interest of us as a
nation and then to monitor their activities and take action to
prevent the loss of our democratic process (vote them out of office).
I give you credit for not doing the "my candidate didn't win so I'm
moving to Canada" routine and that is why I am taking the time for
such a verbose response. All I ask of you, as a fellow citizen, is to
be as objective as you can when assessing our form of government and
our politicians and to vote (regardless of how much we may feel our
vote counts or doesn't count) based on reason and not political
rhetoric.

Apologies to all for a lengthy post, just felt compelled to speak my
mind.

Howard