Old September 26th 05, 08:00 PM

What do you think is in some of the sausages that we buy at the
foodstores? Don't go knocking Haggis.
cuhulin

Old September 27th 05, 04:56 AM
Buzzygirl

"Carter-K8VT" wrote in message
. ..
Scotland must be brave -- anybody that eats haggis* has to be...grin

Can't be too much worse than lutefisk. Is there any Liquid Plum'r or Drano
in haggis??

Jackie

Old September 28th 05, 07:36 PM
Keith and Phil at AussieSeek.com Political Message

Default SCOTLAND the BRAVE

Today at 12:55pm, salttwo wrote:Keith,

I spent a month in Scotland in 2003 as my wife's mother was from that
wonderful place.

I ignored the rubbish he posted about that land of great people with
its wonderful past and its many leaders who have believed in concepts
and ideas that have changed our world.

At no time did I fear the violence that this man tsiya fears in his own
country that he calls the USA.

I personally think this tsiya man does not exist as I have never read
about such irrational fear of his fellow man.

What causes such a man to have such irrational outbursts about his need
to turn his home into a fort for freedom and the American way.

I can only conclude the many in the USA are very insecure people.

It is only just dawning on me why the many members of the USA I meet
want to stay here and why many are trying to.

Keith I do not know how one can respond to a man who has so much fear
for his fellow man.

He is the most negative soul I have ever run into.

He needs a lot of help to just enjoy the wonders of life and remove his
fear of his fellow man.

You seem able to read all sorts of things into my posts. I will give
you credit for a vivid imagination.
I do not live in fear, I am well able to take care of my self. The
statistics came from a published survey, I did not make them up.
Any time you really want to see the "wonders of life", come on, I'll
give you a tour, of my neighborhood.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v244/tsiya/

Old September 28th 05, 11:34 PM

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:13:54 GMT, Andrew Oakley
wrote:

British beer is typically 4% alcohol by volume, compared to American
beer at 2-3% ABV.

Tell that to the usual 5% beer sitting in my refrigerator.
Old September 29th 05, 01:53 AM

Old Europe and the U.S.: It's about that time.
www.homelandsecurityus.com

Take a look at how Europeans view the United States of America.I AGREE
with Gary Schneider.In World War Two,Americans were getting weary of
War,they wanted it to end.roosevelt gave Eastern Europe to the Russians
(he screwed up big time by doing that,go find a picture of the Yalta
Conference) but there was NO way America was going to allow the Russians
to have all of Europe!,, namely Western Europe (I know why,do you?) and
the lower Countries.General George Patton was Right,we should have gone
to WAR with Russia! I still have an old World War Two Ration Card from
our old home place in Carthage,Mississippi from back in those years.
www.thecarthaginian.com
cuhulin

Old September 29th 05, 02:34 AM

I think there are beers sold in most stores in America with a higher
percentage of alcohol than that.Balmy Bai beer in Vietnam was about
three percent alcohol.I drank many a one of them before.
Un Coc Tui!,G.I.!
cuhulin

Old September 29th 05, 03:44 AM

In Europe,most people start their little chiluns out on weak
wine.Therefore,they are lushes from almost day one.
cuhulin

Old September 29th 05, 11:20 AM
Keith and Phil at AussieSeek.com Political Message

At

http://www.aussieseek.com

GRAY GHOST SAID

SINCE WE INTRODUCED STRICT gun laws IN scotland

violence HAS FALLEN

I spent a month in Scotland in 2003 as my wife's mother was from that
wonderful place.

I ignored the rubbish he posted about that land of great people with
its wonderful past and its many leaders who have believed in concepts
and ideas that have changed our world.

At no time did I fear the GUN violence that this man tsiya fears in his
own country that he calls the USA.

I personally think this tsiya man does not exist as I have never read
about such irrational fear of his fellow man.

What causes such a man to have such irrational outbursts about his need
to turn his home into a fort for freedom and the American way.

I can only conclude the many in the USA are very insecure people.

It is only just dawning on me why the many members of the USA I meet
want to stay here and why many are trying to.

Keith I do not know how one can respond to a man who has so much fear
for his fellow man.

He is the most negative soul I have ever run into.

He needs a lot of help to just enjoy the wonders of life and remove his
fear of his fellow man.

Unfortuneately for Mr Scotland as Utopia:

Jamieson vows to tackle violence
The justice minister has repeated her pledge to tackle the
"booze and blade culture" after a survey pointed to a high
level of violence in Scotland.
The UN survey said that people in Scotland were most likely
to be the victims of assault.

Cathy Jamieson said Scotland remained a safe place and she
would continue to try to reduce the crime rate.

Responding to criticism of the study, a UN researcher said
the findings were likely to be repeated in a new survey.

Ms Jamieson told BBC Radio's Good Morning Scotland programme:
"I don' t think we want to give a message within Scotland or
even beyond Scotland that this a place where it's not safe to
walk the streets and that people are routinely being
attacked, because that's simply not people's experience.

"We do know from recorded crime figures that crimes of
violence, apart from those with a sexual element, have
dropped.

It's highly unlikely that we will find that England, Wales
and Scotland are no longer on top in Europe for this
particular type of crime
Jan Van Dijk
Head of analysis

"But we also know that in some parts of Scotland there is
what's been described as the booze and blade culture where
young men in particular are involved in violence that is
completely unacceptable."

The international study was based on telephone interviews
conducted between 1991 and 2000.

It suggested that 3% of people in Scotland had suffered an
assault, with England and Wales second highest at 2.8%.

Fife Chief Constable Peter Wilson, the president of the
Association of Chief Police Officers in Scotland (Acpos)
criticised the report and insisted that the general
perception of Scotland was "not one of a violent country".

He questioned whether useful comparisons could be drawn
between various countries with differing reporting practices,
including the US, Poland and Japan.

However, Jan Van Dijk, head of analysis at the UN Inter-
regional Crime and Justice Research Institute, defended the
study and said the findings looked set to be repeated when
the results of a new study were published on 14 November.

He said: "It's highly unlikely that we will find that
England, Wales and Scotland are no longer on top in Europe
for this particular type of crime. "It's my experience that
the levels of common crime don't change so much in the course
of just a few years.

"These are fairly stable patterns and it has been obvious for
many years that the level of violence, not necessarily
homicides but ordinary violence, has been comparatively
elevated in the United Kingdom."

Old September 30th 05, 02:28 AM

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:14:19 -0400, Tony Meloche

wrote:

British beer is typically 4% alcohol by volume, compared to American
beer at 2-3% ABV.

Tell that to the usual 5% beer sitting in my refrigerator.

Yup. The great majority of ordinary American "beers" (if that's
what you want to call the alcohol flavored barley water sold as "beer"
by the big concerns) weighs in right around 5% alcohol, give-or-take.
"Three Two beer" (3.2% alcohol) was commonly known as "near beer". A
wise man once observed that whoever naemd it "near beer" was a damned
poor judge of distance.

A draft of Guiness Stout has a lower absolute alcohol percentage
than a can of Budweiser.

Most foreign beers are 5% alcohol or higher - sometimes much higher -
and a few are lower than that, like the above-mentioned Guinness. But
you'll look awhile to find a name-brand American beer as *low* as 4% ABV.

Tony (Samuel Adams drinker)

My favorite beer joke, heard from an aussie is;

Q. Why do Americans like their beer ice cold?

A. So they can tell it from ****.