Old December 18th 05, 05:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SeeingEyeDog

Default KAITO 1103 question

You can buy Degen Radios on China's eBay for US$34 (free delivery in China)!
If the seller is making a hypothetical US$10 profit on each radio the
manufacturer (Communist owned enterprise) is dumping this product in order
to eliminate the competition. Namely Eton & Sony. The short-wave radio
marketplace in China is, for all practical purposes closed. It is difficult
to find and purchase Eton or Sony short-wave radios in China. They can be
found but you will spend much of your time hunting.

Be careful on what you spend your hard earned money.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have the Kaito 1102. It's PLL, dual conversion, no chugging. I've
seen them on eBay new for as low as $64.95 + $9.95 shipping. These 2
radios are definitely the best values under $100. George S., MN

Old December 18th 05, 06:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:40:37 -0600, "SeeingEyeDog"
wrote:

You can buy Degen Radios on China's eBay for US$34 (free delivery in China)!
If the seller is making a hypothetical US$10 profit on each radio the
manufacturer (Communist owned enterprise) is dumping this product in order
to eliminate the competition. Namely Eton & Sony. The short-wave radio
marketplace in China is, for all practical purposes closed. It is difficult
to find and purchase Eton or Sony short-wave radios in China. They can be
found but you will spend much of your time hunting.

Be careful on what you spend your hard earned money.

wrote in message
roups.com...
I have the Kaito 1102. It's PLL, dual conversion, no chugging. I've
seen them on eBay new for as low as $64.95 + $9.95 shipping. These 2
radios are definitely the best values under $100. George S., MN

Communists? Give me a break. The Chinese are fascist totalitarians
just like us.

Old December 18th 05, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default (OT) : DaviD Proclaims - " The Chinese are fascist totalitarians just like us. " {The USA}

DaviD Proclaims - " The Chinese are fascist totalitarians
just like us. " {The USA}

DaviD - 'you' have a way with words and expressing 'yourself'.

DaviD - 'your' Uber-Liberal Bias causes 'you' to see things
through 'pink' tinted glasses and naturally you see :
fascists here,
Fascist There.
FASCISTS EVERYWHERE !

ABOUT - The People Republic of China (PRC) :
The Chinese now have One Party Korporate Kommunism State
that is supported by / and in support of the People's
Liberation Army (PLA) aimed at making China both an Economic
and Military World Leader -aka- a so called "Super Power".

david - wake-up and see the kommunist for what they are ~ RHF
Old December 18th 05, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

SeeingEyeDog wrote:
You can buy Degen Radios on China's eBay for US$34 (free delivery in China)!
If the seller is making a hypothetical US$10 profit on each radio the
manufacturer (Communist owned enterprise) is dumping this product in order
to eliminate the competition. Namely Eton & Sony.

Eton radios are nothing more than rebadged Degen and Tecsun receivers.
So if they wanted to eliminate any potential competition from Eton all
they have to do is stop supplying them!

Sony is the last of the significant manufacturers to bail out of the
shortwave receiver market. The market for shortwave radios was never
large, and it has shrunk to a tiny fraction as we all know.

The short-wave radio
marketplace in China is, for all practical purposes closed. It is difficult
to find and purchase Eton or Sony short-wave radios in China. They can be
found but you will spend much of your time hunting.

If a chinese SWLer wanted an Eton product they would just have to buy a
Tecsun or Degen. I'm at a loss as to why a chinese national would want
to pay the inflated Eton prices.

Not many Sony shortwave radios to be found in chine bcause they are not
making any. And because China hasn't opened it's market to outside
products. Not unlike Japan and the good old USA with their import
duties. Still, I've seen more than one chinese SWL's website with
extensive collections of radios that include several old Sony and
Panasonic radios as well as numerous chinese brands.

I'm completely missing your point here. You seem to be trying to prove
some sort of chinese conspiracy....

Be careful on what you spend your hard earned money.

For sure. That's why the Degen DE1103 from a chinese seller is such a
great buy!

Old December 19th 05, 10:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SeeingEyeDog

"John S." wrote

Eton radios are nothing more than rebadged Degen and Tecsun receivers.
So if they wanted to eliminate any potential competition from Eton all
they have to do is stop supplying them!

Why would they do that? The Communist Party isn't as stupid as you beleive.
They will be happy to build sets that you sell for $140 while they sell
their version
domestically and over the internet at a fraction of the price, at a loss
mind you.
This is done with many products in China to keep the branding company off
its turf. It makes money manufacturing for foreigners and sells the same
product
domestically at a loss.

In a few years you will begin to see Chinese branded products marketed
by Communist Party owned enterprises here in the U.S. They will bypass
your western marketing companies and sell direct to you at a cheaper
price than anyone. Even Wal-Mart. The Communist Party recently sponsored
and held a trade show in New York for just such a purpose.

Sony is the last of the significant manufacturers to bail out of the
shortwave receiver market. The market for shortwave radios was never
large, and it has shrunk to a tiny fraction as we all know.

There are at least 3,000,000,000 people living within China and India alone.
Few if any have given up their shortwave radios. It is simply your narrow
western veiw of the shortwave market that clouds your mind.

If a chinese SWLer wanted an Eton product they would just have to buy a
Tecsun or Degen. I'm at a loss as to why a chinese national would want
to pay the inflated Eton prices.

They don't have to like you say. They buy the domestic version cheaper
than the price of your dinner.

Not many Sony shortwave radios to be found in chine bcause they are not
making any.

Huh?

And because China hasn't opened it's market to outside
products.

D'oh! That's a revelation?

Not unlike Japan and the good old USA with their import
duties.

Import duties on Eton, Sony, Tecsun, Kaito, Degen Kochibo... radios?
I think your lieing.

Still, I've seen more than one chinese SWL's website with
extensive collections of radios that include several old Sony and
Panasonic radios as well as numerous chinese brands.

Re-read what I posted. But you go to China and try to amass the same
collection and see how many years it takes on an average salary of $400 a
month.

I'm completely missing your point here. You seem to be trying to prove
some sort of chinese conspiracy....

Your completely niave and ignorant of Chinese business practices.
For that reason they would love to be your partner.

Be careful on what you spend your hard earned money.

For sure. That's why the Degen DE1103 from a chinese seller is such a
great buy!

It's a great buy because they are dumping a product assembled by slave
labour.
If it continues you will soon be able to buy ONLY Chinese radios. At which
time they may decide to limit the tuning to only a select few of CRI
frequencies.
YOUR HOOKED!

Old December 21st 05, 01:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SeeingEyeDog

"John S."

Yo buckwheat...you were the one who said the commies were trying to
drive Eton out of business. Eton is nothing more than a distributor
and marketer of Degan/Tecsun products. Just a warehousing and order
operation and nothing more. If Tecsun/Degen wanted to kill of a major
distributor of their products as you stated then they would
do so by cutting off the supply of radios.

Yo, ignorAnus

Really. Now that is indeed interesting. I catch the shuttle to NYC on
business regularly. I don't remember any convetion of the Chinese
Communist Part having been held in NYC in the past 5 years. Maybe it
was really small - almost microscopic. Or more likely it was just a
figment of your imagination.

You obviously missed the Lou Dobbs segment on CNN.

The worldwide market for shortwave radios has all but collapsed.

Yo, ignorAnus, you don't know about a Communist Party sponsored trade show
in NY and your spouting ignorAnus economics.

If it
were otherwise then Sony. Panasonic, Sanyo, Kenwood, Yaesu, Icom, etc.,
would still be in the market merrily selling shortwave radios.

Fact is
there is not enough demand to justify production of HF receivers.

That's interesting, Icom, Kenwood and Yausu make plenty.
Fortunately Communist Party factories havn't figured how to build them.

The
chinese are satusfying any domestic demand for shortwave. But the fact
is chinese consumers will turn rapidly to domestic broadcast, Ipod,
internet and satellite for radio transmissions. Just like the rest of
the world.

My my, you spout some interesting expurtese.
The Chinese Communist Party has the largest shortwave network in the world.
Most of it is used for domestic broadcasting - d'oh!

If a chinese SWLer wanted an Eton product they would just have to buy

Tecsun or Degen. I'm at a loss as to why a chinese national would

want
to pay the inflated Eton prices.

Then why did you say the chinese were being prevented from owning an
Eton. Your original statement makes no sense whatsoever.

Nothing makes sense to you when you havn't the basic knowledge to even
begin.

SSB radios are illegal in China and individuals cannot import them without
loads of Communist Party Red tape.
They are illegal to operate unless you are a licensed Communist Party ham or
a guest of a Communist Party Ham radio club. Understand Bozo?

Is it any wonder to you why accessing SSB on Degen radios are obfuscated?

Not many Sony shortwave radios to be found in chine bcause they are

not
making any.

Huh?

Put simply so that you can understand, Sony has backed out of the
shortwave market. Expect that they will drop the 7600 very soon. As
mentioned previously there is a fundamental reason Sony along with all
other significant manufacturers of shortwave radios have dropped out of
the sortwave radio market over the past 20 years. It is called no
demand for the product.

It is precisely why you should buy a Sony product other than the fact Sony
SW receivers are superior.

The lack of demand is componded by the barrier to entry in the Communist
China mainland.
Have you figured out the score yet birdbrain?

And because China hasn't opened it's market to outside
products.

D'oh! That's a revelation?

Not unlike Japan and the good old USA with their import
duties.

Import duties on Eton, Sony, Tecsun, Kaito, Degen Kochibo... radios?
I think your lieing.

The good old USA like most other nations extract import duties on a
wide range of consumer products.

Shortwave radios from China & Japan? - LOL

I'm not lieing, nor am I lying, nor
am I liing, nor am I lyeing. Hint: the correct spelling is lying and
in that sentence you should have used you're rather than your.

Had a tough time in school I take it.

D'oh, I see the spell cop has arrived with the typical personal drival.
A sure sign of a personal problem. At least you can parse.

Still, I've seen more than one chinese SWL's website with
extensive collections of radios that include several old Sony and
Panasonic radios as well as numerous chinese brands.

Re-read what I posted. But you go to China and try to amass the same
collection and see how many years it takes on an average salary of $400

month.

There are numerous SWL clubs in china.

Numerous? You just said SWL is dead. You make absolutely no sense and
your knowledge about SW radio in China is practically nil.

I have been to China, but not
to buy shortwave radios.

Tourist? LOL

Someone making $400.00 per month in China
would be reasonably well off actually.

Reasonably? Sure, if living in a company provided two room apartment, free
water & heat, along with the rest of your family.
No need for health insurance as you are given the "great care" from
Communistm Party hospitals. "Great dental" too if you have any teeth to
worry about. Sounds reasonable to me - LOL!

But still they probably would
not be interested in spending food money of frippery like shortwave
radios. But low income people in the US are faced with the same
decision - food or fun. How many collecitons of shortwave radios do
you suppose there are in Appalachia or southeast DC.

Let me see, the economy is the fastest growing in the world, it is arguably
the 4th, 5th, 6th largest economy in the world if you beleive Communist
Party statistics - LOL! Yeah, the poverty level population of Appalachia is
as large as Chinese pheasants - LOL! Your logic is amusing.

I'm completely missing your point here. You seem to be trying to

prove
some sort of chinese conspiracy....

Your completely niave and ignorant of Chinese business practices.
For that reason they would love to be your partner.

Be careful on what you spend your hard earned money.

For sure. That's why the Degen DE1103 from a chinese seller is such a
great buy!

It's a great buy because they are dumping a product assembled by slave
labour.
If it continues you will soon be able to buy ONLY Chinese radios. At

which
time they may decide to limit the tuning to only a select few of CRI
frequencies.

I have no idea what dumping means. They are selling it at a profit
because their cost of production is much lower. And we do like our
bargains don't we. That's why places like WalMart and Home Depot do so
sell. They buy much of their products from the lowest cost
manufacturer which happes to be China for now. We have also looked to
Eastern Europe, India, Indonesia, Korea and Japan for cheap goods.

YOUR HOOKED!

ON WHAT?

On ignorAnus ideology.

Old December 21st 05, 02:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Eton radios are nothing more than rebadged Degen and Tecsun receivers.
So if they wanted to eliminate any potential competition from Eton all
they have to do is stop supplying them!

The Kaito-Degen radios seem to offer more bang for the buck than the
Tecsun models being sold under the Eton name. I'm curious, which Degen
radios are currently being sold under the Eton name?

I saw in PWBR that there's this DE1106 that Degen was going to produce
but they "sold the '1106's rights to another firm" (Eton). That radio
will be sold as the E5. I wonder if manufacture of this unit will be
by Degen in Shenzhen? In any case, this E5 looks likely to be a better
performer than the E10 or E100 (both of which seem somewhat mediocre in
comparison with the price and performance offered by the Kaito-Degen
models). Perhaps Eton bought the rights so that they could slap a
$150-plus price on this radio w/out being undercut by China-based
internet retailers (i.e. that eBay fellow in Guangzhou) selling a
DE1106 at a fraction of the price.

I'm still unclear on the relationship between Degen and Tecsun. They
seem to be internationally marketed through the same distribution point
in Hong Kong. There was once some Leowood guy who posted in here,
building up a lot of hype over some (presumably) forthcoming DE1108,
and this guy gave out some line that Degen used to once be a Tecsun
subsidiary but that it was now a separate and independent company. I
don't know if he was full of it about that and about the 1108. He had
claimed to be doing research on consumer preferences and that sorta
thing. Anyone ever heard anything since about this '1108?

Junius

KAITO 1103 question John S. Shortwave 4 December 18th 05 11:38 PM
KAITO 1103 question Nic. Santean Shortwave 4 December 18th 05 04:07 PM
degan 1103 question Roger Shortwave 3 December 13th 05 06:44 AM
BPL Video On-Line JJ Policy 31 August 17th 03 09:12 PM