Old January 1st 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.shortwave
Bill

Default Worst e-bay of all

Smokey wrote:

Ebay is imploding and I think we
will see them either sold or out of business entirely in a couple years.
Yahoo auctions, although small by eBay standards here in the US are larger
than eBay already in Japan.

Yahoo had the market in Japan quite a while before ebay ever came to the
scene there. I'm registered there and have purchased a couple of items.
In the US it seems Yahoo Auctions is doing the slow implosion, along
with countless other ebay wannabees who have fired and missed.

People naturally want to sell their stuff where there is the highest
volume of viewers regardless of what site it is. I can understand
people getting into a tiff over fees and screwups and marching off to
the The Number Two Auction Site. But that will neither kill off the big
bear nor will it enhance Number Two. In fact, I didn't realize
Yahoo(US) was still doing auctions until just recently when someone
mentioned it. I haven't checked their offerings in years, literally.
It gained a reputation years ago as being a place for sellers who were
thrown off of ebay. Thats probably where this 'alisher' guy will show
up next and I imagine they neither will refund bidders who get scammed.

Just my 2 cents worth, with no added handling fees.

-Bill
Old January 1st 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.shortwave
The Cat Man

"Smokey" wrote in message
Ebay is a toothless tiger and ever since that hag took over running it,

it
has deteriorated. I'm for buying and selling elsewhere. They COULD police
things if they wanted but they want to be "all things to all people" and
won't take any stand to protect buyers OR sellers...their myopic mission

is
to keep money rolling in and to hell with what their users put up with.
Their "Security" initiatives are a joke. Ebay is imploding and I think we
will see them either sold or out of business entirely in a couple years.
Yahoo auctions, although small by eBay standards here in the US are

larger
than eBay already in Japan.

Smokey

I could not agree more with your observations Mr. Smokey ! : )

Besides Yahoo, could you suggest some other alternate Online
Auction Sites beside's E-Bay which have far better customer protection?

Pse post URL's Thanks!

Carl

Old January 1st 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default (OT) : Why Didn't Al Gore Invent eBay as a Free and Open {Democratic} Market Place for the World ?

Cuhulin,

Why these eBay Sellers could be more Dangerous than . . .
Hand Guns Owners ;-)

Maybe We Need To Register eBay Sellers (Tax Them) for the
Public Buying Safety and Provide Free Access to eBay for
Everyone in America. {Free Government Computers and
High Speed Internet Access to the Poor and Needy.}

Why Didn't Al Gore Invent eBay as a Free and Open {Democratic}
Market Place for the World ? - Why I Sure that Al 'thought' He
Thought-It-Up while Thinking about the Great Things He Thinks-Up.

And wasn't it John 'ff' Kerry that said : I was for eBay . . .
Before I was Against eBay ! - Now let me expalin myself.

Think of the Peace-of-Mind Knowing that You are Buying from
a Federally Licensed eBay Seller and now Paying 15% More
in Hidden Taxes for the Freedom of a Legalized Market Place.

oh the joys of ebay these holidays ~ RHF
Old January 1st 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.shortwave
Dr.Ace

"The Cat Man" wrote in message
groups.com...

I could not agree more with your observations Mr. Smokey ! : )

Besides Yahoo, could you suggest some other alternate Online
Auction Sites beside's E-Bay which have far better customer protection?

Pse post URL's Thanks!

Carl

Auction Fire - Free Auctions - Online Auction Site - Internet Auctions
Auction Fire is a free online auction site. An ebay alternative offering
free auctions. Internet Auctions Website. Buy or sell in thousands of
internet ...

http://auctionfire.com

ubid.com - The Marketplace you can Trust uBid Online Auction: computers,
electronics, hardware, software, auction, auctions, bid,

www.ubid.com/

Amazon.com Auctions Welcome to Amazon.com Auctions, Now playing in our
Movies & Video categories: ...
http://auctions.amazon.com/

Disturbing Auctions Humor site exposing the weirdest, funniest, and
most disturbing auctions from eBay and other internet auction sites.
www.disturbingauctions.com/

Ace - WH2T

Old January 1st 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) : Why Didn't Al Gore Invent eBay as a Free and Open{Democ...

john kerry was running Guns to our enemies in Indochine when he was over
there.owl gourdhead (inventor of everything) spent four months in
Vietnam,pecking on a typewriter,he had at least two full time Guards
24/7 protecting his inventing Commie arse.I didn't have any Guards when
I was humping ammo in Vietnam in 1964,in fact,I got Guard Duty once a
month. www.114thaviationcompany.com (1964) (one night after I had
bought some Revlon products and Salem menthol cigarettes for a couple of
my Vietnamese girlfriends at a PX store in Saigon and when I was walking
down the street with that brown paper bag,I had to Guard the contents of
my brown paper bag from some other Vietnamese gals on the street,walking
toward me,whom had seen them cartons of cigarettes sticking above the
top of my brown paper bag,ok,I had to give them two packs of cigarettes
each,to save my life) Us dudes had to be our own Guards,on top of
everything else over there.
cuhulin

Old January 1st 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Webtv has a For Sale news group thingy,but I haven't seen any Shortwave
Radios in there for sale.
cuhulin

Old January 1st 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.shortwave
graham

"rogguer-rogguer" wrote in message
roups.com...
This has got to be the worst e-bay'er of all time bar none.

Far worse than even a certain 'seller of pre-owned
ham radio gear and/or vintage radios' that we all know of.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...=alisher71&ite
ms=25&page=1&frompage=-1&iid=-1&de=off

E-Bay should also be held accountable for facilitating this scammer.
Is all that e-Bay interested in is keeping their Seller's happy and
the Fee Revenus rolling in un-hindered ?? Seems so !

.... remember, ebay is out money too in this
scam ... listing fees & final value fees ....it would be in eBay's
and their seller's best interest to make sure this doesn't happen again ....

Old January 1st 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Trust me, the agents represent the seller.

dxAce wrote:
wrote:

http://pages.ebay.com/university/
A real estate agent only works for the seller.

Not true... A real estate agent can also work for the buyer.

Ebay is no different.
They encourage crap like Radio-Mart(RM). Buy stuff from ebay (we make
money), do a fancy ad (red velvet), peddle on ebay (we make money).
Keep the transactions private so nobody can see what you are doing.

Often new items sell for more on ebay than on-line prices, especially
if you use the price comparison website like pricescan.com,
pricewatch.com, shopper.com, etc. Ebay is great if you want to buy
something no longer manufactured, or a model from two years ago.

Craigslist, though owned by ebay, is a good alternative. The items are
local. You make the deal in person, so you see what you get. The same
for flea markets, though they are becoming the source of stuff that is
too beat up to sell on ebay.

wrote:
I guesstimate there are thousnds,perhaps a million or more,people
selling things on ebay,full time 24/7.To patrol and police all of them
people would be quite a task,I think.Only if enough people whom have
been ripped off by a certain seller,or certain sellers,on ebay would any
action ever be taken.Anyway,I tend to stay away from ebay.
cuhulin

Old January 1st 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.shortwave
Bill

Dr.Ace wrote:

"The Cat Man" wrote in message
groups.com...

I could not agree more with your observations Mr. Smokey ! : )

Besides Yahoo, could you suggest some other alternate Online
Auction Sites beside's E-Bay which have far better customer protection?

Pse post URL's Thanks!

Carl

Auction Fire - Free Auctions - Online Auction Site - Internet Auctions
Auction Fire is a free online auction site. An ebay alternative offering
free auctions. Internet Auctions Website. Buy or sell in thousands of
internet ...

http://auctionfire.com

Maybe my computer is broken...so somebody else try this. Type in the
word "radio" in the search box and hit "Find It".

-Bill
Old January 1st 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I did,with my webtv,and it said,Sorry,your search yielded no matching
results.

There isn't anything wrong with your computer in that respect.
cuhulin