Old February 10th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank Dresser

Default UK TV Detector Vans and Scanners

wrote in message
oups.com...
I would think that the snoopers at GCHQ can easily eaves drop on anyone
as they'll have all the equipment and power to do so. No one's safe!
As for TV detector vans, well that gets me going.

[snip]

"We have a range of detection tools at our disposal in our vans. Some
aspects of the equipment have been developed in such secrecy that engineers
working on specific detection methods work in isolation - so not even they
know how the other detection methods work. This gives us the best chance of
catching licence evaders."

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/informa...tectorvans.jsp

At least there's TV licence discount for the blind:

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/information/blind.jsp

I can't picture an American government licensing TVs or radios. The picture
isn't completely clear, however. My state supports free speech by not
imposing a sales tax on newspapers, but there are special monthly taxes
(fees, charges -- whatever they like to call them) on phones.

Frank Dresser

Old February 10th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Metinks there would be one heck of a big uproar in U.S.A.if fed govt
started requiring us to have to pay for a license each year to own and
watch our tv sets.I got my DirecTV bill statement in my snail mail a few
days ago.$49.21 for last month's tv bill.I dont know exactly how many tv
channels I get,but I think it is over 160 tv channels.I could get
many,many more tv channels via satellite tv or cable tv or both for more
and more money,but I figure I am paying more than enough money each
month to watch the few tv channels I like for old,old movies on tv.In
about three years the F.C.C.will mandate that all tv broadcasters in
U.S.A.must switch over from Analog tv broadcasting to HDTV tv
broadcasting.fed govt will subdicize (fed govt will have to help,it will
still come out of our taxes though) Analog to HDTV conveter boxes to the
tune of about one point seven billion dollars so that the people who can
not afford to buy new HDTV tv sets can watch HDTV on their Analog tv
sets. www.directv.com www.tvpredictions.com www.zap2it.com
www.tvguide.com www.tv.yahoo.com www.mythtv.com www.google.com
Watch free tv on your computer
Hallup,I am being Ripped Off! All that money I pay and I dont get the
Western tv channel,I could get it,but I would have to pay too money just
to get that Western channel.
cuhulin

Old February 11th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
ISH

ITS THE MAN WITH THE CAT DETECTOR VAN..........................

Old February 11th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I dont own any cats,but there are about four or five cats the woman two
houses down the street from me owns.I got an email this morning from
that woman in Bognor Regis,England,she said her cat (Pearl) is 21 years
old.What if someone in England ownes only one little battery powered tv
set and totes that little tv set around everywhere.For instance at a
restaurant,out to the beach,etc.Would those tv snooper vans over there
in England be follwing that little tv set around everywhere?
cuhulin