Old August 24th 04, 07:01 PM
Richard Clark

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:40:47 +0000 (UTC), "Reg Edwards"
wrote:

In all these discussions the LOCATION of the choke along the transmission
line is always neglected.

Hi Reggie,

You undoubtedly neglect the discussion, but Roy has posted to this
quite often.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old August 24th 04, 07:57 PM
Reg Edwards

As is usual for you, choice of the word "neglect" is entirely inappropriate.
----
Punchinello.

Old August 24th 04, 08:04 PM
Richard Clark

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:57:09 +0000 (UTC), "Reg Edwards"
wrote:

As is usual for you, choice of the word "neglect" is entirely inappropriate.
----
Punchinello.

Hi Reggie,

Your apology is accepted.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old August 25th 04, 12:35 AM
Cecil Moore

Reg Edwards wrote:
Cec, if the circuit impedance at the location of the choke is so high that
the extra impedance of the choke is ineffective, then the current must be so
small a choke is not needed anyway. So what are you worried about?

If the current is small, the voltage is large and metal microphones
burn holes in my lips. Seriously, I still have a scar on my lip from
the 50's so you might say that's what I'm (still) worried about.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old August 25th 04, 12:42 AM
Cecil Moore

Reg Edwards wrote:
So your worries about obtaining an exraordinary high inductance choke really
don't exist.

You're right, Reg, for you and me. But how about all the other
unwashed masses who are incapable of locating the common-mode
current-maximum point on their transmission lines? :-) What is
your advice for them?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old August 25th 04, 02:12 AM
Reg Edwards

"Cecil Moore" wrote
Reg Edwards wrote:
So your worries about obtaining an exraordinary high inductance choke

really
don't exist.

You're right, Reg, for you and me. But how about all the other
unwashed masses who are incapable of locating the common-mode
current-maximum point on their transmission lines? :-) What is
your advice for them?

==============================

They don't need any. The unwashed can consider themselves fortunate at
being unaware of a problem which doesn't exist if they tune up using the TLI
in their accustomed manner.

Imagined swr, reflected power, conjugate match and virtual open circuit
problems also vanish into thin air.
---
Reg, G4FGQ

G5RV or 135 foot doublet or Carolina Windom? Jim Leder Antenna 3 May 22nd 04 03:43 PM
Stupid question G5RV Ken Bessler Antenna 17 January 9th 04 12:06 PM
G5RV Willy Antenna 28 December 21st 03 07:40 AM
G5RV 450 ohm or 300 ohm Phasing line Andy Antenna 2 August 15th 03 02:10 AM
Layout for G5RV twin feedline? Harry George Antenna 1 August 11th 03 11:04 PM