Old July 29th 05, 05:47 PM
Fred W4JLE

But we had one thing lacking today, it is called respect.

You, just yesterday tried to point out to a poster his lack of respect for
Roy. Accomplishments are viewed by the youth of today as a thing to distain,
as it makes those who have accomplished nothing feel bad.

"Let's play soccer, but no score keeping so no one loses"

"It feels bad to lose, and we don't want to make anyone feel bad"

"Everyone should receive A's so no one can feel superior, making someone
feel inferior is not a good thing"

"WE CAN'T PROFILE TERRORISTS AS IT WOULD CREATE NEGATIVE MESSAGES, MAKING
THEM FEEL BAD"

"John Smith" wrote in message
Cecil:

I'd just about bet, your first job/corp/supervisor felt just about the

same
about you (me too for that matter), some of those old guys were great
though--they even managed to hide their disgust of our ignorance from

us--but
they had better training back then!!!
innocent-look

John

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Fred W4JLE wrote:
The mantra today is "I want it so give it to me!"

My dog is like that but I love her anyway. And it's typical
of most animal species. So shouldn't the blame lie instead
with the governmental bureaucrats who freely dole out the
welfare packages?
--
73, Cecil, http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Newsgroups

Old July 29th 05, 05:59 PM
Fred W4JLE

I wonder if the big one hit, how many of the "now" generation would be able
to solve something as simple as square roots sans a calculator.

Technology has replaced learning...

"John Smith" wrote in message
Fred:

YOU HAVE SPIRIT MAN!!!

You have spirit!
chuckle

There is room for us, don't let 'em tell ya different--I am plotting to

hang in
there too!!!

John

Old July 29th 05, 06:15 PM
John Smith

Cecil:

Damn man! I am counting on both.

But, can I ask you a question?
After our younger years, how are you so sure it will be heaven?

John

Old July 29th 05, 06:18 PM
John Smith

Fred:

Perish the thought that all those old square root charts should be consumed in
a catastrophe!!!

But, just in case, I have already started whittling a slide rule!

John

Old July 29th 05, 06:34 PM
John Smith

Fred:

Well, I am a bit embarrassed about that, perhaps I was bit rash...

I should have explained in better words that he obviously did not know Roy's
history and past record of accomplishments, or obvious contributions to the
field. It is one thing to carry on a difficult argument with unknown
personalities here, quite another to attack known ones--that was my point
really.

Frankly, that poster was able to annoy me... I am working on becoming a better
person, seems it is going to take a lifetime...

Still, that poster is probably a big boy and can withstand my loss of
demeanor...

John

Old July 29th 05, 08:03 PM
Ham op

John Smith wrote:

Wes:

Those osc are a thing of the past...

Bring a junk am broadcast radio near your computer, you will hear literal
dozens (well, a bunch anyway!) of osc's freqs going on there, probably not one
being generated by a colpitts, hartley or pierce osc circuit...
And, with the proper processing, all those waves could be a sine...

John

Each of those oscillators use a crystal for frequency and stability!
Each of those oscillators uses positive feedback so that it oscillates.
Draw the equivalent circuit of those oscillators and you will find the
COLPITTS circuit !!!!

I wonder if you are confusing the Coplitts/Hartley topography with the
old VFO which were/are variable tuned [Colpitts/Hartley] oscillators.

Every digital frequency synthesizer uses a Colpitts oscillator as the
reference oscillator, at a fixed frequency, and the variable oscillator
is digitally phase locked to it.

The basic Physics and governing laws for oscillators has not changed.

Old July 29th 05, 08:09 PM
Ham op

I'm closer to 68 than 67.

John Smith wrote:

Ham op:

I am in my 50's, age is becoming a bit of a problem here, I can extrapolate and
get some kind of a picture of it being a bit more of a problem for you then--if
you are older.

Your posts certainly don't reflect such limitations, although we may be "out of
sync" on some points, you pose good conversation.

Remember, when all is said and done, we must shake hands and have a drink
together...

John

"Ham op" wrote in message

John Smith wrote:

Ham op:
SNIPPED

I only work on the mikes, low pass/high pass/bandpass filters, linears and
feedlines, antennas, parts which are still big enough to handle...

SNIPPED

Well at my age, I only work on stuff I can see. That is limited by aging
shakes in my hands. But I can still find a screw driver somewhere, if I can
find my glasses.

This morning I couldn't get out of bed when I woke up. I couldn't find the
floor without my glasses. :-)

It's a shame yo get old!

Old July 29th 05, 08:10 PM
Ham op

HEAVEN!!! for goodness sakes!

Cecil Moore wrote:

John Smith wrote:

Remember, when all is said and done, we must shake hands and have a
drink together...

Would that be in heaven or the other place? :-)

Old July 29th 05, 08:15 PM
Ham op

John Smith wrote:

Caveat:

Only decent tubes (radio valves) which are still made are russian--aren't they?

John

Oh my God!! Does that mean that my old friend, DeForest, has gone out
of business??

Old July 29th 05, 08:33 PM
John Smith

Ham op:

Just drew the circuit of a xtal in the feedback of a high precision op amp
circuit... hmmm, could be colpitts--but can't see the resemblance...

Just drew the circuit of an xtal chucked in the feedback line of a set of logic
gates... hmmm, that could be colpitts too, but again, can't see the
resemblance...

John

"Ham op" wrote in message
John Smith wrote:

[...]

Question pools and answers... John Smith Policy 3 July 26th 05 01:24 AM
FCC Morse testing at 16 and 20 WPM Avery Hightower Policy 196 July 30th 04 01:25 AM
New Candidate for 'Youngest Extra' N2EY Policy 310 April 19th 04 03:18 AM
New ARRL Proposal N2EY Policy 331 March 4th 04 12:02 AM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM