Old July 8th 07, 12:21 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Learn How VoiceMax Increases Your Transmission Range...

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 16:13:49 -0700, Frank Gilliland
wrote in
:

snip
... What you are doing is muting the ambient noise only when
the voice is loud enough to trigger the gate.

Correction: What you are doing is muting the ambient noise only when
the voice -isn't- loud enough to trigger the gate.

Old July 8th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 15:56:07 -0700, Telspam Electronics
wrote in
.com:

On Jul 7, 5:47 pm, Frank Gilliland wrote:
That's such an oversimplification that it's flat-out wrong. What you
are saying is just like if you adjusted your computer monitor or TV by
turning the contrast all the way down, the brightness all the way up,
then telling people that it's a better picture despite the fact that
it's worse.

Your TV analogy makes no sense and has nothing to do with this
discussion... but what else is new... lol

Well, let's see what you said originally:

In the VoiceMax,
the processed waveform is still made up of sine waves...

Just like a video signal.

but the
levels are different from the oroginal signal. The low levels are
higher... and the very high levels are lower.

Same as turning down the contrast. Brights are dimmer, darks are
lighter. Then you push the average modulation up to 100% which is no
different than turning up the brightness. It's a perfect analogy,
Brian..... "LOL"

Old July 8th 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
[...]

So basically, what you end up with is unintelligible hash?

Old July 8th 07, 02:50 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jul 7, 7:51 pm, "Yo Mamma" wrote:
So basically, what you end up with is unintelligible hash?

Just like Frank's posts... lol
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old July 8th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jul 7, 6:13 pm, Frank Gilliland wrote:
How about a testimonial from some of the people on the other end?

How about some feedback from ebay customers who bought some of the pre-
production units...
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...edbackAsSeller

Old July 8th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 08:14:19 -0700, Telspam Electronics
wrote in
. com:

On Jul 7, 6:13 pm, Frank Gilliland wrote:
How about a testimonial from some of the people on the other end?

How about some feedback from ebay customers who bought some of the pre-
production units...
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...edbackAsSeller

How about some feedback from a customer (not a shill) after they have
installed it and used it for a couple months in the real world? Or,
even better, how about from some of the people on the other end (i.e,
the RECEIVING end -- why do I have to spell it out for you?)?

And what happened to the rest of my post? You know, the part about how
the human brain functions in a way that the use of a noise gate in
this application makes the audio sound worse rather than better? Or
how wrong you were about speakerphones? Do you think I'm just making
this stuff up? When you go to college for an engineering degree, they
don't make you take psychology and other seemingly irrelevant courses
for nothing -- they are indeed relevant, especially when your minor is
in communications. Human perception plays a paramount role in the
design of any audio (or video) technology. You might even say it's
absolutely critical. There's even a facet of engineering called "human
engineering" which deals almost exclusively with interactions between
humans and technology....

But I forget, you are so naturally gifted that you don't need to learn
of such things. Whenever someone shoves the facts in your face you can
reply with a snide comment and your credibility is magically restored.
Good for you, Brian!

Old July 8th 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 12:55:58 -0700, Telstar Electronics
wrote:

+++That's not true. The audio waveform is a sine wave.

Only if it is a discrete frequency. Otherwise speech is a sinusoidal
waveform comprised of many discrete frequencies.

james
Old July 9th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 20:13:56 +0100, " Peter"
wrote:

+++"cmdr buzz corey" wrote...
+++
+++ You can't change the average level without changing the waveform.
+++
+++Bovine excrement.
+++
+++An amplifier will increase the average level, but by increasing all
+++levels. As many references make clear (some listed below), an
+++amplifier does NOT change the waveform.
+++

**************

Let me be sure that I understand what you are saying.

An amplifier increases or decreases levels, ie voltage and/or current.
Yet the resulting output waveform is identical to the input?

If that is your position then that is utter bovine, canine, feline and
any other *ine excrement you wish to use.

The only way the output waveform is equal to the input waveform is
when the stage is at unity gain and is distortion free, period.
Otherwise the output waveform is different than the input. Either or
both of the voltage and current is greater or less than the input. A
waveform of any continuous time varying signal is defined as a set of
intantaineous points versus time that represent that signal. Simply
putting it.

+++The perfect amplifier or audio processor, would create zero
+++distortion - no change to the waveform. However, the perfect
+++circuit does not exist so some distortion will occur in any active
+++circuit.
+++This includes circuits already in the radio.
+++

*****************

Correct in that a distortion free function is nonexistant in
electronics.

+++A processor may be any circuit that carries out the process the
+++designer (or marketing person) has decided on. This could be as
+++simple as an amplifier... it is carrying out a process.
+++

********

a process called a transfer function.

+++A processor which simply amplifies all signals and clips the higher
+++levels can produce much distortion. A well designed and adjusted
+++processor could produce little more distortion than a simple
+++amplifier.
+++

***************

only if there is sufficient filtering to remove most of the
distortion. Generally distortion results in harmonics and other
highfrequency components of the signal. A properly designed filter of
signifcant response can filter most of the objectinable harmonics
and/or high frequency components.

+++
+++The question is whether "Telstar" and "well designed" go together. I
+++would like to see an independent review from someone without
+++an axe to grind.

************

Now that will depend on examination of the product.

james
Old July 9th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jul 8, 12:52 pm, Frank Gilliland
wrote:
How about some feedback from a customer (not a shill) after they have
installed it and used it for a couple months in the real world? Or,
even better, how about from some of the people on the other end (i.e,
the RECEIVING end -- why do I have to spell it out for you?)?

Frank... you know full well those people on ebay are not shills. When
a customer on ebay pays $40 for piece of equipment... you also know
damn well they are going to put it through its paces before they
report back on ebay feedback. You're really reaching on this Frank?
Everybody knows by now you would never be satisfied with any evidence
I could produce. So hang it up Frank. You must think everybody is
really stupid out here... persisting in this attack... with not one
shred of proof of what you say.
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old July 9th 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 16:53:06 -0700, Telstar Electronics
wrote in
. com:

wrote:
How about some feedback from a customer (not a shill) after they have
installed it and used it for a couple months in the real world? Or,
even better, how about from some of the people on the other end (i.e,
the RECEIVING end -- why do I have to spell it out for you?)?

Frank... you know full well those people on ebay are not shills. When
a customer on ebay pays $40 for piece of equipment... you also know
damn well they are going to put it through its paces before they
report back on ebay feedback. You're really reaching on this Frank?

I can think of at least a dozen reasons why people would leave
positive feedback regardless of whether the item is tested or not.
Some of those reasons involve scams. Happens all the time.

Everybody knows by now you would never be satisfied with any evidence
I could produce.

Everyone who knows me, after all the time I've posted in this group,
knows that if I'm wrong I'll eat my words. I told you that just a
couple days ago, and others even stood up and vouched for me on that
very issue.

So hang it up Frank.

I don't think so, Brian. Let's put it this way: Suppose I test your
box and post the results. If they are good then you have a fantastic
testimonial from someone who has ridiculed your lack of electronics
knowledge and experience for ten years. If they are not so good, as I
suspect, then you are no worse off than if I sit here and criticize
your incompetence based on your own ignorant claims. So you really
have nothing to lose except a sale. And EVEN IF the results don't turn
out the way you claim, you may just gain an advocate who can at least
explain the proper operation of the box. Or, at the very least, offer
some constructive criticism that you could implement in the next
incarnation of this device (which I have done many times before, and
you have secretly taken and applied to your amps even though you
publically ridiculed my advice -- where's that schematic, Brian?).

There can be only one logical reason why you don't want me to test
your processor -- because it sucks.

You must think everybody is
really stupid out here... persisting in this attack... with not one
shred of proof of what you say.

Until I see credible evidence of your claims, instead of your usual
half-baked technical hocus-pocus and self-aggrandizing spam, I'm not
going to stop. If you don't like it, spam some other newsgroup. Or
don't, I couldn't care less. Actually, your ignorance has done some
positive things in this group. Not intentionally of course, but by
initiating discussions about how people can get suckered by false
technical claims and specifications. So do what you want. But just
remember that if your "business" suffers it's nobody's fault but your
own: YOU choose to spam this group; YOU choose to build and sell your
junk; YOU choose to hack other people's ideas and designs -- don't
even -=TRY=- to put any blame on me or anyone else in here.

Now go upstairs and find mommy, have a good cry on her shoulder, and
move on with your pathetic life in whatever direction YOU choose to
take it.