Old May 19th 04, 04:31 PM
Leland C. Scott

"Landshark" wrote in message
. com...

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

"Landshark" wrote in message
news
You forgot all the rest Leland..................

Who cares? I already know about it. So some bad Hams get busted proves

the
system works. For the big mouthed CBers claiming the FCC doesn't do

anything
looks like they're dead wrong.
--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Who cares Leland? I know that Cb'rs get busted. So a few Cb'rs get
busted out of tens of thousands,

Specifically they were truckers. If you investigate further you will
discover that in the union contracts the drivers are allowed to use CB
radios only. No export radios, no modified CBs etc. That was mention
specifically when UPS drivers were caught. Not only are the drivers at risk
from being fired the companies they work for face stiff fines for allowing
the violations to occur. The companies are responsible for making sure their
employees don't violate the law. If I had a driver that cost me $7,500 to
$10,000 in fines I'd fire them. There are plenty of hungry unemployed truck
drivers out there who are more than willing to follow the law.

it just shows that Hams are just as bad, don't follow the rules any

better.

The point for a long time big by mouthed CBer have claimed that incurions in
to the Ham 10m band was a minor deal and the FCC wasn't going to do anything
about it. Both claims are wrong. Having a few Hams contacted by the FCC for
Part 97 violations does not change the fact that there are millions of
CBers, there are only 650K to 750K Hams, operating illegally.

I wonder if the FCC knows about Doug's felony conviction? From
what I read, he could have his license revoked. Maybe someone
should forward those court papers along with the posts offering a
modified cb for sale, throw in a few of his colorful posts for a
little icing.

I'll bet they won't do a thing. In fact somebody mostly alread has and
nothing has happed.

Since you seem to like posting these things, why don't you do
your duty and turn Doug in for his crimes?

I don't turn in CBers either, I just like posting the news, so fair is fair.

Come on Lee, you are
so gung ho to post this drivel here to start flames.

It takes two. If you just ignored it then there wouldn't be a problem. But
you can't leave it alone. You're attracted to it like a moth to a bug
zapper.

Do your Ham duty
and turn Doug in for his crimes to his family and the ham community
for selling modified cb's.

Hams can sell all the modified equipment we want per Part 97, go look it up.

LOL!!!

Yeah, lot of laughs on this side because your trying to argue a point while
being totally ignorant of the rules. It would be different if you knew what
you were talking about. But that's been the case with most of the illegal
CBers on this group, big mouth and no facts.
--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Landshark

--
That does suck..sometimes you're the
windshield..sometimes you're the bug.

Old May 19th 04, 04:38 PM
Leland C. Scott

"Twistedhed" wrote in message

Many care.

Hey Twirt, wow is your breath bad. You really should keep your mouth closed
when you go for a dip in the front yard septic tank you call a pool. All
that crap that gets in to your mouth comes back out when you open it to
sprew your non-sense. Maybe you can fill some bags up for SteveoChicken to
sell.
--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Old May 19th 04, 04:54 PM
Steveo

"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
Maybe you can fill some bags up for
SteveoChicken to sell.

Should I bring my portfolio to inductoheat?

Leland C. Scott -------- pussy
KC8LDO

(STFU-geo)
Old May 19th 04, 07:14 PM
Twistedhed

From: (Leland=A0C.=A0Scott)
"Landshark" wrote in message
news You forgot all the rest Leland..................

Who cares? I already know about it. So some

bad Hams get busted proves the system

works. For the big mouthed CBers claiming

the FCC doesn't do anything looks like they're

dead wrong.

--
Leland C. Scott

KC8LDO

=A0

The only one "dead" wrong is you. No one in this group claims the lies
you attribute them.

_
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Who cares Leland? I know
that Cb'rs get busted. So a few Cb'rs get busted out of tens of
thousands,

Specifically they were truckers. If you

investigate further you will discover that in the

union contracts the drivers are allowed to use

CB radios only.

Bull****. No such wording in trucker's union contracts. Such rules are
completely voluntary and enacted by the trucking companies. In fact, the
last mandate issued to the trucking industry regarding federal rules
relates to the carrying of firearms.
Lie upon lie upon lie is all KC8LDO can offer.

No export radios, no modified CBs etc. That

was mention specifically when UPS drivers

were caught.

It was mentioned when ANY company was notifed of drivers doing such.
UPS enacted their own rule. No union enacted such bull**** as you
misattribute (read: LIE).

Not only are the drivers at risk from being

fired the companies they work for face stiff

fines for allowing the violations to occur.

Very rarely, if at all, and most certainly not for first offenses, only
repeat violations after every opportunity is presented to correct the
problem,.....something that pains you to the point of howling because
you are no longer permitted to get away with breaking the law like you
prefer and do.
And many driver's are owner ops, absolving the companies of any and all
guilt.

The companies are responsible for making

sure their employees don't violate the law.

Owner ops are not employees.

If I had a driver that cost me $7,500 to

$10,000 in fines I'd fire them.

No worry there, as Mopar illustrated, you'll never have much of
anything.

There are plenty of hungry unemployed truck

drivers out there who are more than willing to

follow the law.

(it just shows that Hams are just as bad, don't
follow the rules any better)

Yep,,,and KC8LDO and his ilk epitomize such an example,,,it's widely
known across the hammie spectrum.

The point for a long time big by mouthed CBer
have claimed that incurions in to the Ham 10m
band was a minor deal and the FCC wasn't

going to do anything about it. Both claims are

wrong.

But of course, such claims were not made by anyone on this group, only
lies by yourself *claiming* such were made, giving you an
ever-collapsing soap box.

Having a few Hams contacted by the FCC for

Part 97 violations does not change the fact

that there are millions of CBers, there are only
650K to 750K Hams, operating illegally.

(=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0I wonder if the FCC knows about Doug's felony
conviction? From what I read, he could have his license revoked. Maybe
someone should forward those court papers along with the posts offering
a modified cb for sale, throw in a few of his colorful posts for a
little icing. )

I'll bet they won't do a thing.

You also "bet" he was innocent, defended his felonious behavior, and
threatened this group with him flooding us again. As I said, you are the
epitome of what is wrong with hammie radio, a real cancer to those
hammies that actually have the good of the hobby as their interest.

In fact somebody mostly alread has and

nothing has happed.

=A0

(=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Since you seem to like posting these things, why
don't you do your duty and turn Doug in for his crimes?)

I don't turn in CBers either, I just like posting

the news, so fair is fair.

Your "news" is selective to serve your agenda.

(Come on Lee, you are
so gung ho to post this drivel here to start flames.)

It takes two.

Perhaps it does, but the fecal matter somehow ALWAYS originates with
yourself and our few fanny pinchers of Doug, Davie-son, Frank, and
Geogre.

More like a fertilizing expert to bull****.

(Do your Ham duty
and turn Doug in for his crimes to his family and the ham community for
selling modified cb's.)

Hams can sell all the modified equipment we

want per Part 97, go look it up.

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0LOL!!!

Your ignorance. Many of these hammies are also cbers who don't post
their call and besides,you are hard pressed to find ANY hammies at all
that would include you in a sentence utilizing the term "we"....as you
are an exile, an oddity to be reviled among the hammie community. You
are pointed to as a prime example when one needs illustrate a lid.

Yeah, lot of laughs on this side because your

trying to argue a point while being totally

ignorant of the rules.

You're the ignorantly presenting bull**** and claiming it is part of
drivers union contracts. It is you that is highly ignorant of what you
profess.

It would be different if you knew what you

were talking about. But that's been the case

with most of the illegal CBers on this group,

big mouth and no facts.

That reflection and projection of yourself has grown ten-fold since your
self-esteem has been raped and pillaged, in additio to your infamous
reputation as a stained hammie that encompasses al that is wrong with
hammie radio.
--
Leland C. Scott (failed code test twice)

KC8LDO

ARRL Member

Old May 20th 04, 02:38 AM
Leland C. Scott

"Twistedhed" wrote in message

Bull****. No such wording in trucker's union contracts. Such rules are
completely voluntary and enacted by the trucking companies.

No export radios, no modified CBs etc. That

was mention specifically when UPS drivers

were caught.

Spread your cheeks wide Twirt and prepare to take it like a man. And I'll
bet you'll even like it too.

Quoted from full text article following this.

"UPS Attorney Daniel N. Tenfelde last week assured Hollingsworth that his
company was taking its Warning Notice seriously and has launched a full
investigation.
"We discovered that some employees had obtained CB radios that contained a
mechanism allowing them to switch frequencies into the 10-meter Amateur
Radio band," he said in a January 28 letter. "It is not UPS policy to allow
equipment such as this to be used in our vehicles." He said UPS' contract
with the Teamsters Union allows only for CB radios. Tenfelde said UPS is
working with its transportation and labor groups to let drivers know that
such unlicensed operation violates both UPS policy and FCC regulations."

As you can CLEARLY READ it says UPS' contract with the Teamsters Union
allows only for CB radios.

Twirt you lie to cover the truth, but its out there and there is NOTHING you
can do to stop people from finding it!!

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2004/02/02/101/?nc=1

____________________

FCC Goes After Alleged 10-Meter Scofflaws
NEWINGTON, CT, Feb 2, 2004--The FCC is working on at least two fronts to
eliminate unlicensed operation from the 10-meter band. Earlier this month,
FCC Special Counsel Riley Hollingsworth sent warning notices to two shipping
companies regarding reports to the Commission that some of the companies'
vehicles may be the source of illegal radio transmissions on the amateur
band. One of the companies, UPS, has offered its full cooperation.

"Many truckers use CB radio, which does not require a license,"
Hollingsworth pointed out in letters earlier this month to UPS offices in
Ohio and Indiana and to R&L Transfer Inc of Ohio. "However, any person using
a radio transmitter on the Amateur Radio bands must possess a station and
operator license." Hollingsworth asked the over-the-road shippers to advise
their drivers that such radio operation could subject them to heavy fines
and seizure of their radio equipment.

UPS Attorney Daniel N. Tenfelde last week assured Hollingsworth that his
company was taking its Warning Notice seriously and has launched a full
investigation.

"We discovered that some employees had obtained CB radios that contained a
mechanism allowing them to switch frequencies into the 10-meter Amateur
Radio band," he said in a January 28 letter. "It is not UPS policy to allow
equipment such as this to be used in our vehicles." He said UPS' contract
with the Teamsters Union allows only for CB radios. Tenfelde said UPS is
working with its transportation and labor groups to let drivers know that
such unlicensed operation violates both UPS policy and FCC regulations.

In a parallel development, the FCC issued a Citation to Jonathan Edward
Stone, doing business as Omnitronics/Pacetronics for alleged violation of
§302(b) of the Communications Act and §2.803(a)(1) of the Commission's
rules.

An investigation by the FCC's Dallas field office led the Commission to
allege that Omnitronics/Pacetronics was offering more than two dozen
uncertificated "Citizens Band" transceivers via its Web site. The FCC says
Omnitronics/Pacetronics was marketing the units as Amateur Radio equipment,
which does not require FCC certification (formerly known as "type
acceptance"), and a check of the company's Web site generally confirmed that
assertion.

"The Commission has evaluated radio frequency devices similar to those
listed and concluded that the devices at issue are not only amateur radios
but can easily be altered for use as Citizens Band devices as well," said
the FCC Citation from FCC Dallas District Director James D. Wells. The FCC
said it concluded that the devices fall within the definition of CB
transmitters and therefore "cannot legally be imported or marketed in the
United States." That would include so-called "export" models, the Citation
said, pointing to a 2000 revision of §2.1204(a)(5) of its rules.

Citing §95.655(a) of the FCC's rules, Wells noted that "dual-use CB and
Amateur Radio of the kind at issue here may not be certificated under the
Commission's rules." He said the clarification was added to Part 95--which
governs the Citizens Band--"to explicitly foreclose the possibility of
certification of dual-use CB and amateur radios and thereby deter use by CB
operators of frequencies allocated for Amateur Radio use."

The FCC Citation also warned Unitronics/Pacetronics regarding the
requirement of FCC certification of external RF amplifiers or amplifier kits
capable of operating below 144 MHz as well as the prohibition against
marketing RF amplifiers or amplifier kits capable of operating between 24
and 35 MHz.

Most of the transceivers in question carry brand names unfamiliar within the
amateur community--such as Connex, Galaxy, General and Superstar. Radios
being marketed as amateur gear are shown on the Unitronics/Pacetronics Web
site displaying 27.185 MHz on the dial--CB channel 19. Some of the purported
amateur transceivers have only a channel readout display, not a frequency
display, and only operate on AM or FM modes. For an additional charge,
Omnitronics/Pacetronics offers such accessories as roger beeps, "turbo echo"
and what it calls "basic" and "professional" alignment.

The only recognized amateur manufacturer on the list in the FCC's Citation
is Ranger. The FCC Citation singled out the Ranger models RCI-2950DX--a
10-meter transceiver--and RCI-2970DX--a dual-band 10/12-meter unit. Both are
shown on the Omnitronics/Pacetronics Web site displaying 27.185 MHz, and the
ad copy notes, "you can use this radio in the roughest environments. (Yes,
even a Mack.)"

The February QST 1992 review of the Ranger RCI-2950 made note of its CB
heritage and features--such as a "roger beep" and a public-address speaker
jack. The ARRL Lab said it may be possible to modify the '2950 for operation
outside the amateur bands. The RCI-2970DX was reviewed in QST for October
2001. The ARRL Lab said that using then-available information, it was unable
to modify the '2970DX it tested for operation on non-amateur frequencies.

Omnitronics/Pacetronics is not related to Omnitronics, LLC, the Ohio company
that manufactures Astatic microphones--including the D-104--and other
microphones, some used for mobile CB applications.

-------------------

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Old May 20th 04, 02:42 AM
Leland C. Scott

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
Maybe you can fill some bags up for
SteveoChicken to sell.

Should I bring my portfolio to inductoheat?

Naw, we don't need any more floor sweepers, but if you insist I'll even give
you a personal tour of the place then gleefully kick your fanny out the
door.

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Old May 20th 04, 03:10 AM
I Am Not George

Steveo wrote in message ...
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
Maybe you can fill some bags up for
SteveoChicken to sell.

Should I bring my portfolio to inductoheat?

Naw, we don't need any more floor sweepers, but if you insist I'll

even
give you a personal tour of the place then gleefully kick your

fanny out
the door.

Friday at noon?

Visitors must show a valid driver license ID at the front desk. Steveo

Date: Wed, May 19, 2004 6:52 PM
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
Maybe you can fill some bags up for
SteveoChicken to sell.

Should I bring my portfolio to inductoheat?

Naw, we don't need any more floor sweepers, but if you insist I'll

even
give you a personal tour of the place then gleefully kick your

fanny out
the door.

Friday at noon?

Visitors are require to show a driver license ID and sign in at the
front desk. you wont dare go inside you pussy lol
Old May 20th 04, 04:39 AM
Leland C. Scott

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
Maybe you can fill some bags up for
SteveoChicken to sell.

Should I bring my portfolio to inductoheat?

Naw, we don't need any more floor sweepers, but if you insist I'll even
give you a personal tour of the place then gleefully kick your fanny out
the door.

Friday at noon?

I don't care when you show up chicken. Make sure you take a shower first. I
don't want you stinking the place up.

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Old May 20th 04, 04:48 AM
JJ

Landshark wrote:

it just shows that Hams are just as bad,
don't follow the rules any better.

Really? Just listen across the ham bands and you will find that 99% of
the hams are following the rules. Listen across the 11 meter band and
you will find 99% of the operators are breaking the rules.