Old January 14th 05, 11:25 PM
Vinnie S.

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:09:26 GMT, wrote:

Vinnie, Frank, pay attention. He is going to do a buried 150 ft coax
run to the tree, right? What's the velocity factor of RG8 or of the
coax he will use? Do the math, how much of his 4w out will reach the
antenna? He claims he isnt gonna keyclown, but I think he's lying.

Oh, are you a mind reader? I only have an amp in my car, and that is only a 100
watt amp, and I do pretty well with that. I think it's the smallest amp I can
buy. I have no desire to run 1,000 watts or 100 watts at home. If anything, I
might get a Lincoln or 2510 for the extra power. But as far as keyclowning, I
have no desire to do that.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it seems I am one less person for you to hate, and
that must be devastating to you.

I'm not a hater dude, but I *was* right about you running an amp
and a keyclown radio i.e. 2510 or a Lincoln.

No you weren't. It's pretty well known that a 10 watt output will be slightly
better than a 4 watt output.

It may be low level
keyclowning, but it's keyclowning all the same.

Link please. I want to know the requirements for keyclowning. Please provide
evidence.

FYI, all I own right now for a base, is a newer 4 watt handheld, and the CB my
father gave me in 1983, which can't be modded.

And the only reason I have an amp in the car, is because I drive for a living,
and drive in and out of mountains, and sometimes can't reach a damn trucker 1/2
mile away. And since I can get all over the world with that amp, there is no
reason to get another one.

I still dont understand
what you feel is wrong with a regular CB base station antenna on your
roof. Is it too simple for you?

Well, it's damn ugly. I don't care. But my wife and neighbors might give a ****.
And since I just don't want to deal with that.

Secondly, I would eventually like to go to ham, barefoot again. Much to your
dismay. Whatever the Icoms or Yaesu come with, 100 W peak, that is what I will
run. So the only way to get a mulitband ham antenna is a multiband dipole (as
far as I know). If I run the coax once into the woods, than I can use it when I
go to ham.

Vinnie S.
Old January 14th 05, 11:42 PM

[...]

This NG supplies all the evidence anyone needs, look at people like
steveo and tnom, they are keyclowns, they run out of band and
illegal power.

FYI, all I own right now for a base, is a newer 4 watt handheld, and the CB my
father gave me in 1983, which can't be modded.

And the only reason I have an amp in the car, is because I drive for a living,
and drive in and out of mountains, and sometimes can't reach a damn trucker 1/2
mile away. And since I can get all over the world with that amp, there is no
reason to get another one.

I still dont understand
what you feel is wrong with a regular CB base station antenna on your
roof. Is it too simple for you?

Well, it's damn ugly. I don't care. But my wife and neighbors might give a ****.
And since I just don't want to deal with that.

Sure but it's going to get really ugly when you go to ham. There will
be cables everywhere, all kinds of electronic junk in the house, wires
in the trees, plus you will get a really fat stomach, BO, and start complaining
about your health on the air.

So the only way to get a mulitband ham antenna is a multiband dipole (as
far as I know). If I run the coax once into the woods, than I can use it when I
go to ham.

Then google multiband ham antennas and see that running 150 ft
of coax underground is not the way to do it.
Old January 14th 05, 11:43 PM
U Know Who

****.
And since I just don't want to deal with that.

Secondly, I would eventually like to go to ham, barefoot again. Much to
your
dismay. Whatever the Icoms or Yaesu come with, 100 W peak, that is what I
will
run. So the only way to get a mulitband ham antenna is a multiband dipole
(as
far as I know). If I run the coax once into the woods, than I can use it
when I
go to ham.

You could use a ground mounted vertical. In that case, you'll be all set
with the buried coax.

Old January 14th 05, 11:52 PM
Vinnie S.

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:42:07 GMT, wrote:

I'm not a hater dude, but I *was* right about you running an amp
and a keyclown radio i.e. 2510 or a Lincoln.

No you weren't. It's pretty well known that a 10 watt output will be slightly
better than a 4 watt output.

It may be low level
keyclowning, but it's keyclowning all the same.

Link please. I want to know the requirements for keyclowning. Please provide
evidence.

This NG supplies all the evidence anyone needs, look at people like
steveo and tnom, they are keyclowns, they run out of band and
illegal power.

Then if it's that simple, stop beating around the bush. Provide the sources.

[...]

No, I will keep it simple. Most setups I see have tons of equipment that is not
even being used.

So the only way to get a mulitband ham antenna is a multiband dipole (as
far as I know). If I run the coax once into the woods, than I can use it when I
go to ham.

Then google multiband ham antennas and see that running 150 ft
of coax underground is not the way to do it.

Not what I heard. I heard that is totally dependent on the frequencies you
transmit at. Some will have high loss, some will be negilgible.

And this link here, at eham.net, shows many people running even farther runs
than I do.

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/858

Vinnie S.
Old January 14th 05, 11:54 PM
Vinnie S.

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:43:16 GMT, "U Know Who" wrote:

You could use a ground mounted vertical. In that case, you'll be all set
with the buried coax.

I see a tree that should work well. I will take a measure to it. The ground is
rather wet there, so I think grounding it there will be ideal.

Vinnie S.