Old April 8th 05, 12:37 AM
Vinnie S.

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 19:32:22 -0400, jim wrote:

Vinnie S. wrote:
On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:18:01 GMT, Lancer wrote:

Why are you so dead set against building an antenna?

Actually, I am not. Just not right now. I just want to get on the air, as soon
as possible, hopefully by the end of April. I just got into this hobby, and have
barely been in it a month. Most of it just studying code and Tech books. I
didn't even study for General, but passed it anyway. I failed the extra. I plan
on getting into the hobby full blast, and am interested in QRP. I know little
about that. I kind of like the idea of lower power DX. It will feel like when
you were a kid, talking to a CB station on a toy walkie talkie. I think QRP
require home brews.

But as I said, I just want to get on the air. At least to learn the lingo a bit.
My mind was kind of fried from the studying, so I want actually hands on. Once I
can master that, we'll go the next step.

Vinnie S.

Nothing for nothing Vinnie but if you got your ticket why are you asking
questions concerning amateur matters in the cb forum? Granted there are
some very knowlegable folks here but did you try any other usenet groups?

I didn't. I asked about the Imax and the ground plane. Both are CB questions.
The only time I asked about a dipole, was to run one in my attic, for my CB. And
that led to the Firestik in the attic. I haven't asked a ham question since I
asked about the test info. I didn't ask a question about the ham dipole. I just
said I ws waiting on getting one so I didn't have to dig 2 trenches. I know
plenty of hams to ask question on the ham antennas. But none of them are on CB,
nor familiar with the Imax.

Vinnie S.
Old April 8th 05, 12:44 AM
Frank Gilliland

On 07 Apr 2005 23:32:45 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

snip
I suppose they drive like that everyplace..it's a matter of being in
the wrong place at the wrong time, or your truck is a magnet. I have
one of those too.

I think -I'm- the magnet. The Dart I drove in college was hit 5 times,
the LTD got hit twice before it was totalled, the S-15 was rear-ended
by an ambulance, the LeBaron was hit three times in two weeks, etc.
I've had the S-10 for two years and it's been hit twice -- both times
while it was parked! All in Spokane. Fortunately, I've only been hit
once when I had a passenger, and that was the ambulance wreck so at
least there was help available if someone got hurt.

Ok, I'm stepping off the soap box now.....

Old April 8th 05, 12:47 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 19:37:07 -0400, Vinnie S.
wrote in :

snip
I know
plenty of hams to ask question on the ham antennas. But none of them are on CB,
nor familiar with the Imax.

That should have been your first clue.

Old April 8th 05, 01:03 AM
jim

Frank Gilliland wrote:

On 07 Apr 2005 23:32:45 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

snip

I suppose they drive like that everyplace..it's a matter of being in
the wrong place at the wrong time, or your truck is a magnet. I have
one of those too.

I think -I'm- the magnet. The Dart I drove in college was hit 5 times,
the LTD got hit twice before it was totalled, the S-15 was rear-ended
by an ambulance, the LeBaron was hit three times in two weeks, etc.
I've had the S-10 for two years and it's been hit twice -- both times
while it was parked! All in Spokane. Fortunately, I've only been hit
once when I had a passenger, and that was the ambulance wreck so at
least there was help available if someone got hurt.

Ok, I'm stepping off the soap box now.....

got hit by a beer distributor saleswoman (go figure) and enjoyed the
bennies of not reporting it hehehe
Old April 8th 05, 01:13 AM
Steveo

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 07 Apr 2005 23:32:45 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

snip
I suppose they drive like that everyplace..it's a matter of being in
the wrong place at the wrong time, or your truck is a magnet. I have
one of those too.

I think -I'm- the magnet. The Dart I drove in college was hit 5 times,
the LTD got hit twice before it was totalled, the S-15 was rear-ended
by an ambulance, the LeBaron was hit three times in two weeks, etc.
I've had the S-10 for two years and it's been hit twice -- both times
while it was parked! All in Spokane. Fortunately, I've only been hit
once when I had a passenger, and that was the ambulance wreck so at
least there was help available if someone got hurt.

Ok, I'm stepping off the soap box now.....

Dang..sounds like you have a bulls-eye painted on you. All you need
now is an ambulance chaser attorney to ride along with you. j/k

Old April 8th 05, 01:15 AM
Steveo

News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
Total Privacy via Encryption =----

got hit by a beer distributor saleswoman (go figure) and enjoyed the
bennies of not reporting it hehehe

Ha! I knew one of those that drove her Bud van right thru the front
of a shot and beer bar. Too much sampling the product.
Old April 8th 05, 01:20 AM
jim

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

[...]

hey bud so bristol was almost a wash with all the rain eh? good race.
Old April 8th 05, 01:24 AM
Steveo

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

[...]

Yea, Saturday was downright miserable, it went down below freezing at
night too but the furnace did the trick. That's a long camper haul up
and down those hills they call mountains in Virginia and W Virginia..

That place is killer!
Old April 8th 05, 01:46 AM
jim

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

[...]

lets see, you drove from ohio and went through the verginnies? beautiful
country that part of the us of a...
Old April 8th 05, 01:56 AM
I AmnotGeorgeBush

From: (Vinnie=A0S.)
On 07 Apr 2005 22:19:20 GMT, Steveo wrote:
(**** him Lancer when the pics of his house
and antennas go up on the web you will see him cry like a baby. more so
than he has done here in a short period of time... Boy will this be fun.
)

((What will stop Vin from going to
1248 WARWICK PL
ALLENTOWN PA 18104
USA
to take your pic, sissy? ))

LOL. I dare him to come to this house. Like I

said, one foot on the property, and he is fair

game.

Vinnie S.

Oh, stop it. You act like you live in the sandpile or something.

MIAMI (AFP) - Florida's legislature has approved a bill that would give
residents the right to open fire against anyone they perceive as a
threat in public, instead of having to try to avoid a conflict as under
prevailing law.
AFP/File Photo
=A0Outraged opponents say the law will encourage Floridians to open fire
first and ask questions later, fostering a sort of statewide Wild West
shootout mentality. Supporters argue that criminals will think twice if
they believe they are likely to be promptly shot when they assault
someone.
Republican Governor Jeb Bush, who has said he plans to sign the bill,
says it is "a good, commonsense, anti-crime issue."
Current state law allows residents to "shoot to kill if their property,
such as their home or car, is invaded by an unknown assailant."
But it also states that if a resident is confronted or threatened in a
public place, he or she must first try to avoid the confrontation or
flee before taking any violent step in self defense against an
assailant.
The bill, supported by the influential National Rifle Association, was
approved by both houses of the Republican-run legislature on Tuesday.