Old December 28th 03, 04:13 AM
Roger Gt

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
link.net...
"Roger Gt" wrote:

(snip) However let me point out that he
makes the comment

(snip) After a visit to your poorly written
web site, I see your travels possibly
corrupted your perspective and you have
a twisted view of reality!

Those travels were arranged, and paid for,
by the Department of Defense.

On his web page he states,
I was born in North Carolina.... (snip)

(snip) Were all these Junkets paid for by
Tax dollars? Shame!!!!

If you wanted details, all you had to do was ask (as I did for you,
Roger). As for Turkey, my father was stationed there with the Air Force.

The
trip to Germany was paid for by the Army while my wife was still on active
duty. She got out three years later and went to work for the Army as a
civilian employee (HQ USAREUR in Heidelberg). For much of that time I

worked
at civilian jobs, and later for the Army itself. I was still working for

the
Army, as a civilian employee, when we went to Italy (HQ SETAF in Vicenza)
for the Kosovo conflict. My wife retired as DoD employee shortly before

the
trip to Italy and I retired shortly afterward (just after the trip to
Washington state).

Gee it hurts when the shoe is on the other foot.
That is what you were doing with what I said,
jumping to conclusions about what I said.
You did not ask, you assumed!
It is different when your ox is gored.

You should not be so quick to criticize others when
they do what your have been indulging in all along!

BTW: 'I' do believe you! My Step father was airforce,
we traveled all over. But rarely in Europe!
Although he used to go for several months at a time.
Usually as an interceptor pilot it was all over America.

But you didn't ask for more details, you criticized taking
immense leaps of faith at what you THOUGHT I had said!

To BAD!
Good Bye!

--
Set wards, light torches, unfurl banners, play a joyous tune.
Yes! Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow --- You know the rest!

Happy Holidays to all! Celebrate as you will!
May the Gods be kind to you and yours!

Old December 28th 03, 12:16 PM
Dwight Stewart

"Roger Gt" wrote:

Gee it hurts when the shoe is on
the other foot. That is what you
were doing with what I said,
jumping to conclusions about
what I said. (snip)

I didn't jump to any conclusions. Instead, I simply questioned the exact
words you posted to this newsgroup.

You did not ask, you assumed!

See the last paragraph below.

It is different when your ox is gored.

Man, you're not at all in touch with reality. No ox of mine was gored. I
openly volunteered the information, as I have done many times in these
newsgroups over the years.

You should not be so quick to criticize
others when they do what your have
been indulging in all along!

Initially, any criticism was in your own head. I simply questioned the
story given. You grew defensive when it became obvious that I wasn't going
to accept your story as offered. At that point, you began to change and
embelish the story to make it more believable. But, in my view, those very
changes and embellishments only made the story less believable (the truth
rarely changes).

But you didn't ask for more details, you
criticized taking immense leaps of faith at
what you THOUGHT I had said!

I specificially asked you when and where the incident took place. If you
continue to deny that (as you've now done twice in this message), I'll post
an exact quote of those words too. Otherwise, I've had my say, with nothing
more needed to be said, so will therefore let this entire discussion drop at
this point. Take care, Roger.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Old January 4th 04, 10:32 PM
Brian

Well said....You are absolutely right and it is obvious that you know what
you are talking about...

Read the 10th Amendment for the few limited powers the FEDs were
explicitly given.
All other power was left to the states.
All the rest of FED power is economic blackmail upon the States.
Ghost