RadioBanter

-   -   The First 13 Days of the Revolution (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/116269-first-13-days-revolution.html)

KH6HZ March 30th 07 12:29 PM

The First Month of the Revolution in USA Amateur Radio

"AF6AY" wrote:

Wow, a collitch instructor stating a sentence that ends with:
...accumulate 230k+QSOs that others accumulted here have."

What exactly is a "collitch" instructor? Is it one of those secret jobs only
"professional" radio people know about?

AF6AY March 30th 07 05:14 PM

The First Month of the Revolution in USA Amateur Radio

On Mar 30, 2:43�am, wrote:
On Mar 30, 2:32 am, "AF6AY" wrote:

On Mar 29, 6:35?pm, wrote:

On Mar 29, 11:09 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:

"Dave Heil" wrote:
You're being disingenuous again, Leonard. ?I've stated that you are a
newcomer to *amateur* radio. Each time I've done so, you've tried to make
it appear that I've used the generic term "radio".

I think Grandpa Lennie is simply jealous of the fact that due to his waiting
54 years to get an amateur radio license -- and the fact that the actuarial
tables state he probably doesn't have 15 years left -- he will be unable to
accumulate 230k+ QSOs that others accumulated here have.

Not to mention club call signs... ?He's way, way, way behind the power
curve. ?Maybe you could offer some pointers.

* *Yeah...something "up with which Deignan will not put!"

* *Wow, a collitch instructor stating a sentence that ends with:
* *...accumulate 230k+QSOs that others accumulted here have."

* *;-)

You'll never see Jim or Dave point that out.

* *Wow, "I waited 54 years to get a ham license?!?" *I don't think
* *so. *:-) * To some of those olde-tymers, the ONLY radio world
* *is the amateur world! *They don't get out much.

They don't get out at all. *Maybe they should try a trade show (no,
not a hamfest).

That might be pointless. What could they trade? Old log books?

I know a couple logging companies. Those keep books on
their logging business. Not quite the same.

* *But, I guess ham radio is the ONLY career they have. *Pity
* *that. *[snif, snif, boo hoo]

No career? *They'd be perfect for an ARRL office; no conflict of
interest.

Oh, I think there is plenty of conflict. Like with the folks they
want to officiate. Those don't take kindly to having a few tell
the many what they should be doing... :-)

73, Len AF6AY

AF6AY March 30th 07 05:17 PM

On Mar 30, 3:29�am, "KH6HZ" wrote:
"AF6AY" wrote:
* *Wow, a collitch instructor stating a sentence that ends with:
* *...accumulate 230k+QSOs that others accumulted here have."

What exactly is a "collitch" instructor? Is it one of those secret jobs only
"professional" radio people know about?

"Collitch" refers to the English skills (or lack thereof) of some
instructor that writes "...that others accumulated here have."

You have Collitch Degrease, Mr. Clubman? Is it slippery like
your fake "clubs" you got callsigns for? :-)

Ciao, Len AF6AY

KH6HZ March 30th 07 05:45 PM

"AF6AY" wrote:

"Collitch" refers to the English skills (or lack thereof) of some
instructor that writes "...that others accumulated here have."

I'm not aware of any "Collitch" (or, College, for that matter) instructors
who post here, Gramps.

Who might they be?

Dave Heil March 30th 07 06:04 PM

From: Dave Heil on Thu, 29 Mar 2007 16:34:59 GMT

From: on Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:00:14 -0400

I have a much lesser view of "inertia" (failure to "get going"
on some problem) that is supposed to be in government. I see
such "inertia" as simply the time required in having to
consider ALL citizens' input, not just one group that thinks
they are the 'only' ones who can be righteous on some viewpoint.

I'm sure that your view was formulated based upon your own experience
with inertia: Decades of considering all things concerning GETTING INTO
amateur radio, better than ten years of posting in this newsgroup, your
false start over seven years ago and finally, waiting for the Morse code
test to disappear.

Oh, my, passing that brick must have REALLY hurt! You
certainly MANUFACTURED a great number of FALSEHOODS
there, David. :-)

No, Leonard, I didn't manufacture any of it.

Amateur radio was NOT one of my life goals, David.

Why not sift through my statements above? You can let me know if you
find anything where I've written that amateur radio was one of your life
goals.

It is just
a small part of the much larger world of radio where I've lived
and worked in for decades. It just wasn't something I desired
or longed for during all that time.

Watch out, Len! You're fibbing again. You have expressed in this
newsgroup, a several decades interest in amateur radio. You have also
posted to this amateur radio newsgroup for better than a decade. You
have repeatedly written about "GETTING INTO amateur radio".
Additionally, your boast of seven years back is archived. There have
been several accurate quotes of it reposted here.

My participation in a campaign to (successfully) eliminate the
morse code test was a POLITICAL exercise in regards to old,
antiquated radio regulations for a hobby radio activity.

It may be just a hobby activity to you, Len. The FCC does not define it
as such anywhere. Your "participation" in whatever does not negate your
past statements.

That
had NOTHING to do with (what you imagine) as lusting after a
amateur radio license. :-)

NOTHING, huh?

Newcomers are generally
younger and aren't buying "the old guy's club" stuff like the
old guys did when they were young.

Generally younger? Do you mean generally younger than yourself when you
became a newcomer some weeks ago?

I was a newcomer in radio 54 years ago. :-) I'm not a "newcomer"
in ANY radio, sweetums.

You're certainly a newcomer, Windy. You're a newcomer to amateur
radio--a beginner, a neophyte. Are you a youngster? Do you think of
the ARRL as an "old guy's club"? Do you consider yourself one of
amateur radio's Young Turks?

I became an ARRL member at 14.

Bully for you. Why did you WAIT so long?

I thought it best to wait until I had an amateur radio license.

Didn't you know that
you could have been licensed at age 4?

I didn't know amateur radio existed until I was nearly 13. I was
licensed a little over a year later. I suppose I could have hemmed and
hawed and procrastinated until the middle of my eighth decade. I didn't
see the point of waiting.

You WAITED and procrastinated for a WHOLE DECADE! :-)

No, Len, I didn't. When the calendar indicates my 44th year in amateur
radio, I'll be just 58.

My opinion is that the FCC thinks LESS of the ARRL than it might
have two decades or more ago.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. That doesn't make it
factual; it just makes it your opinion.

Yes, Sherlock, that is MY OPINION.

I just wrote that, Major Hoople.

You don't like my opinion.

Not much.

TS on that, sweetums.

You "TS" a lot of things, Foghorn.

Your dislike of MY OPINION is just your dislike. It doesn't
make YOU "right" or even factual. :-)

Being factual makes me "right" and "factual". :-)

Other radio services have their own man-made jargon, procedures and
regulations.

How do you know?

I know through participation. I know through listening. I know through
reading.

Did you go to State Department RADIO
SCHOOL to learn that?

Certainly I learned State Department procedure via State Department
instruction. Happy now?

Or did State accept your "knowledge
of ham radio" as superior to everything else and just
assign you to an Embassy right away?

I went through three months of initial instruction and went through
additional classes between tours. I did get a pass on the HF radio
propagation and electronics theory portion of the courses since that
part of the class was from the Heathkit General Class amateur radio
licensing course.

Why don't you quote some "jargon and procedure" from an ATCRBS?

Why would anyone quote anything from an automated system?

How about from some harbor or inland waterway?

To what end?

How about from
some MARS field exercise with other government radio services?

To what end?

Do you roger that, old airman? :-)

You seem to have a lock on old air, man. :-)

Amateur radio is not solely about design and theory. Much of it is
about operating, the thing which an amateur radio license permits you to do.

I've OPERATED radios on LF, on HF, on VHF, on UHF, and on
microwaves WITHOUT *ANY* LICENSE! Legally, too. :-)

That's grand, Len. I celebrate your deeds.

I've OPERATED broadcast transmitters, even talked over them,
with a COMMERCIAL radio operator license...something that is
NOT PERMITTED with an amateur radio license.

Funny you mention that, Len. I've done that too. It isn't amateur
radio. Broadcasting is a one-way medium. You can talk to Don Imus, but
he isn't listening.

I've OPERATED a civil aviation radio, its companion VOR, and
ATC Transponder with a COMMERCIAL radio operator license. The
FCC will not allow an amateur radio licensee to do that unless
they have a commercial license. That was AT the controls of
the aircraft at the time. :-)

That isn't amateur radio either, Leonard. Your puffery knows no bounds.

I have NOT "operated" using morse code on any radio...

No kidding?

...and I
don't care to do so now.

So don't do it.

Isn't that what YOU call "operating
a radio?" :-)

No, Len, that isn't what I call "operating a radio", though it certainly
can be considered such. I operate using a variety of modes.

The practitioners of amateur radio, at least some, will pound
on the table, get red in the face, hollering that the ONLY way
one can learn "radio" is to become an amateur licensee. That's
totally stupid emotional non-logic.

It surely is stupid, emotional non-logic.

If you think so, why on earth did you use the "newcomer to radio"
remark earlier in this message?

You use quotations to indicate something I didn't say. You're a
newcomer to amateur radio.

Well, at least you agree that some of YOUR OWN remarks in
the past were, indeed, "stupid, emotional non-logic."

I made no such remark.

In fact, you're the only fellow I've seen make such a statement.

Did your computer screen malfunction. I was just paraphrasing
your own words of the past.

You didn't paraphrase any of my statements.

Most of those just haven't
had any real experience in other radio services and the resent
those of us who have done so.

I wouldn't advise that you start off making such statements when you
first put your brand new amateur radio license to use in getting on the air.

I've already been on the amateur bands, David...

Oh? You have your new station set up and operational? How's it working
out for you?

...and have
discussed such subjects with other radio amateurs here. :-)

Here? That isn't a response to what I wrote.

Those practitioners want to SHUT
OUT any mention of other radio services as "not applicable" to
amateur radio.

That's not the case either, Leonard. You've been told that amateur
radio is not like other services when it comes to the use of Morse code.

Tsk, tsk, you've TOLD ME a lot of different ****, David.

You don't have to believe what I write, Len. The information I provide
you comes with a guarantee--if you don't like it or choose not to accept
it, you get double your incorrect ideas back.

Complete with the wearing of the Waffen SS costume with
monocle in a terrible parody of Colonel Klink. :-)

That isn't a sentence. :-)

It is still heavily used in amateur HF and VHF weak signal work.

Then by all means USE it yourself.

Why, I do use it quite often. It isn't my sole mode of operation.

Why do you insist on
shoving YOUR preferences down others' throats?

Feel free to point to any statement I've made which indicates that Morse
Code is the only mode available to radio amateurs. I made an accurate
statement indicating that CW is heavily used by radio amateurs in both
HF operation and in VHF/UHF weak signal work. You saw my statement as
me shoving my preferences down your throat. Your response was very,
very odd.

It would be if your statement were true. It isn't. You've made another
factual error.

Tsk, tsk, your biggest FACTUAL ERROR was opening your browser
and attempting to convince others that their preferences should
be the same as yours.

I wrote no such thing. You've made yet another factual error.

Compounding that was your FACTUAL ERROR
in assuming you were some kind of "authority" and/or "leader"
on who should do what and where.

My statement on the use of CW was accurate. It included nothing about
who should do what and where. That's yet another factual error on your
part.

Every time you shout "factual error" you make your own FACTUAL
ERROR.

You've just made another factual error, Len. I'll let you slide on the
part where you think I'm shouting. I'm typing and only use "all caps"
when doing a parody of you.

You have NO authority to judge anyone.

I don't need to ask permission to make a judgment, Len. We all make
judgments each day.

You weren't even
elected to any ARRL office...

I've been back in the U.S. for nearly seven years. In that time, I've
not sought an ARRL elected position.

...and you've been a member since you
were fourteen!

That's right!

I'd say you really, Really, REALLY procrastinated
on that. My, my, all that time and couldn't become an OFFICER!

An OFFICER? The membership doesn't elect OFFICERS, Len. It elects
Division Directors, Vice Directors and Section Managers. OFFICERS are
selected by the BoD.

Have you considered joining the Civil Air Patrol?

No, Len and I've not considered joining Moose Lodge either.

I hear they
will make just about anyone an OFFICER!

I don't fly a plane, Len.

No USAF schooling in
that, either!

Apparently there isn't any in the Moose Lodge either.

Now hurry up and PASS THAT BRICK.

If you need a brick, you can buy one through the ARRL. You could even
get one with your spanking new callsign and create your own memorial.

Dave K8MN

Davey Vile K8MN SUX March 30th 07 09:16 PM

The First Month of the Revolution in USA Amateur Radio

On Mar 29, 12:50 pm, Dave Heil wrote:
Len Anderson said:
I simply stated that the
Korean War has NOT YET been settled. It is in an
almost perpetual state of truce since July, 1953.

"There WAS a real, shooting war in northeast Asia then. Were YOU
there? In Korea?"
--Len Anderson

You didn't serve in Korea during the Korean War.

I was assigned to the 8235th Army Unit, a signal
battalion attached to Army Central Command in the
Far East from late January 1953 to January 1956. The
Korean active War was from June 1950 to July 1953.

I see. You didn't serve in Korea during the Korean War.

I see you can't understand that from January 1953 When Len said he was
in Korea) to July 1953 (when you said the Korean conflict ended) is 6
months time served during war. Hint: January to June.

[email protected] March 30th 07 11:57 PM

From: Dave Heil on Thu, 29 Mar 2007 16:34:59 GMT
From: on Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:00:14 -0400

* *Amateur radio was NOT one of my life goals, David. *

Sure it was, Len.You just took over 50 years to
achieve that goal.

It is just
* *a small part of the much larger world of radio where I've lived
* *and worked in for decades. *It just wasn't something I desired
* *or longed for during all that time.

That's simply not true, Len. Your own words
prove that you *did* desire and long for the
status of being a radio amateur. You just
weren't willing to do the work to become one
until a few weeks ago.

* *My participation in a campaign to (successfully) eliminate the
* *morse code test was a POLITICAL exercise in regards to old,
* *antiquated radio regulations for a hobby radio activity.

Your participation consisted of sending a lot
of wordy comments and reply comments to
FCC and posting lots of words here. That's
your right, of course, but all it probably did
was slow down the process.

*That
* *had NOTHING to do with (what you imagine) as lusting after a
* *amateur radio license. *:-)

The smiley tells me it had everything to do with it.

* *Newcomers are generally
* *younger and aren't buying "the old guy's club" stuff like the
* *old guys did when they were young.

Generally younger? *Do you mean generally younger than yourself when you
became a newcomer some weeks ago?

* *I was a newcomer in radio 54 years ago. *:-) *I'm not a "newcomer"
* *in ANY radio, sweetums.

Yes, you are, Len. You're a newcomer to amateur radio. A tyro,
beginner, newbie, novice, wet-behind-the-ears, tenderfoot, newcomer to
Amateur Radio.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Amateur radio is not solely about design and theory. *Much of it is
about operating, the thing which an amateur radio license permits you to do.

* *I've OPERATED radios on LF, on HF, on VHF, on UHF, and on
* *microwaves WITHOUT *ANY* LICENSE! *Legally, too. *:-)

Lots of people have, Len. There's cb, baby monitors, cordless and cell
phones, FRS, GMRS....the list goes on and on.

* *I've OPERATED broadcast transmitters, even talked over them,
* *with a COMMERCIAL radio operator license...something that is
* *NOT PERMITTED with an amateur radio license.

So has anyone who calls in to Rush Limbaugh or Howard Stern, Len.

Broadcasting is one-way radio. That says a lot about you, Len. You
like broadcasting but you don't like to listen.

* *I've OPERATED a civil aviation radio, its companion VOR, and
* *ATC Transponder with a COMMERCIAL radio operator license. *The
* *FCC will not allow an amateur radio licensee to do that unless
* *they have a commercial license. *That was AT the controls of
* *the aircraft at the time. *:-)

Appliance operation, all of it. Push the button and talk, release the
button and listen. Maybe you had to select a channel and learn some
jargon.

* *I have NOT "operated" using morse code on any radio...and I
* *don't care to do so now.

Nobody says you have to or even should, Len.

*Isn't that what YOU call "operating
* *a radio?" *:-)

It's one way of operating. It's one of many things I
have done in amateur radio and you have not. It's
one of many things I can do and you cannot.

So what?

* *The practitioners of amateur radio, at least some, will pound
* *on the table, get red in the face, hollering that the ONLY way
* *one can learn "radio" is to become an amateur licensee. *That's
* *totally stupid emotional non-logic.

Yes, it is. Becoming a radio amateur is just one way to learn "radio".
It's a good way but not the only way.

It surely is stupid, emotional non-logic.

* *If you think so, why on earth did you use the "newcomer to radio"
* *remark earlier in this message?

He didn't, Len. You did.

You're a newcomer to amateur radio.

* *Well, at least you agree that some of YOUR OWN remarks in
* *the past were, indeed, "stupid, emotional non-logic."

When did K8MN or I "pound on the table, get red
in the face, hollering that the ONLY way one can learn "radio" is to
become an amateur licensee. " ?

In fact, you're the only fellow I've seen make such a statement.

* *Did your computer screen malfunction. *I was just paraphrasing
* *your own words of the past.

* *Most of those just haven't
* *had any real experience in other radio services and the resent
* *those of us who have done so.

Not true, Len.

You have almost no real experience in amateur
radio, and you resent those of us who do.

I wouldn't advise that you start off making such statements when you
first put your brand new amateur radio license to use in getting on the air.

* *I've already been on the amateur bands, David...and have
* *discussed such subjects with other radio amateurs here. *:-)

The smiley tells me the opposite is true.

* *Those practitioners want to SHUT
* *OUT any mention of other radio services as "not applicable" to
* *amateur radio.

That's not the case either, Leonard. *You've been told that amateur
radio is not like other services when it comes to the use of Morse code.

And many other ways.

* *Tsk, tsk, you've TOLD ME a lot of different ****, David.
* *Complete with the wearing of the Waffen SS costume with
* *monocle in a terrible parody of Colonel Klink. *:-)

It is still heavily used in amateur HF and VHF weak signal work.

* *Then by all means USE it yourself. *Why do you insist on
* *shoving YOUR preferences down others' throats?

Nobody is doing that but you, Len. You tried to shove
your preferences on real estate zoning down other people's throats
some years back. You also tried to shove your preferences on amateur
radio testing *and* age requirements for an amateur licensing down
other people's throats.

Compounding that was your FACTUAL ERROR
* *in assuming you were some kind of "authority" and/or "leader"
* *on who should do what and where.

K8MN is more of an authority on amateur radio
than you are, Len. He has decades of amateur radio experience and
knowledge. You are a newcomer to amateur radio.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

* *Every time you shout "factual error" you make your own FACTUAL
* *ERROR. *You have NO authority to judge anyone.

If he doesn't have the authority to judge others, Len,
then neither do you.

Jim, N2EY

Dave Heil March 31st 07 12:09 AM

Len Anderson said:
I simply stated that the
Korean War has NOT YET been settled. It is in an
almost perpetual state of truce since July, 1953.

"There WAS a real, shooting war in northeast Asia then. Were YOU
there? In Korea?"
--Len Anderson

You didn't serve in Korea during the Korean War.
I was assigned to the 8235th Army Unit, a signal
battalion attached to Army Central Command in the
Far East from late January 1953 to January 1956. The
Korean active War was from June 1950 to July 1953.

I see. You didn't serve in Korea during the Korean War.

I see you can't understand that from January 1953 When Len said he was
in Korea) to July 1953 (when you said the Korean conflict ended) is 6
months time served during war. Hint: January to June.

Hey, UnWiseman, your intelligence gathering skills are less than stellar.

Hint: I'm not getting a free tower and Len was in Japan.

Dave K8MN

Not Dloyd March 31st 07 09:58 AM

The First Month of the Revolution in USA Amateur Radio

link.net...
Len Anderson said:
[...]

Roger has yet to prove that he was, as claimed, in the Air Force.

And of course there is the house he resides in...he did not purchase it..he
inherited it.
Were it not for his step-mom, Roger would be living under a bridge with his
fellow Trolls and groveling for food scraps from the local dumpsters.
He has moved up, however. He now resides in a semi-liveable hovel with
alleged indoor plumbing and an inflatabile Girl Friend who guards his door
against "Knock Knock" visitors who come by at unnanounced hours. No more
dumpster diving for our Roger. He can now hold his head high..albiet with a
half-eaten head of lettuce in his jaw...but he came by it honestly.

Roger should strive to be more like Mark.

[email protected] March 31st 07 01:30 PM

The First Month of the Revolution in USA Amateur Radio

On Mar 30, 2:47 am, "AF6AY" wrote:
On Mar 29, 5:52?pm, wrote:

On Mar 29, 10:19 pm, "AF6AY" wrote:
On Mar 29, 3:08?am, wrote:
On Mar 29, 12:18 am, Dave Heil wrote:
AF6AY wrote:
On Mar 27, 5:19?pm, wrote:
You didn't serve in Korea.

? ?As far as I'm concerned, Heil hasn't shown us ANY proof
? ?that He was in southeast Asia during his military service.

I believe him. ?Then there was the American Embassy in Tanzania. ?I've
wondered about his proximity during the bombing.

Well, let's just say that Heil's PROOF of service is a tad
scant. :-)

I saw his web page. He's not one of the nuts that claims to have been
in Vietnam and at Woodstock simultaneously.

You made up your classic tale of
what it is like to undergo an artillery barrage. ?

Did Len get it wrong? ?Tell us what it's like.

? ?I'd like to know what David "knows." ?I've been roughly
? ?200 yards from an artillery fall...which was 300 yards
? ?too close to the training group I was in.

Yeh, there's usuall one KIA on every FTX, but usually from a vehicle
accident or pushing a mast ito power lines or something usually
preventable. ?We had a round impact next to dmain - I think it was
moonsan during Winter Haze. ?They really shouldn't let those guys play
with those things. ?They could hurt someone.

Right! The cadre we had were mostly career officers of
the red (artillery) and were NOT happy about THEM being
so close to the fall zone.

Many officers lacked a sense of humor.

Your smugness is legendary.

? ?It must be his training at the Fruenze Military Academy. ?:-)

Did they win the war?

Yes, they did! [see private e-mail]

Not in my long-time account, and I just checked my hotmail account -
it was inactive and I had to start it up again. No messages.

? ?Well, we've had Major Dud in here expostulating up a storm
? ?about his "USMC career." ?

Curtailed career with no explanation whatsoever... ?VA hospital,
rehabilitation, and disability pension, but was never injured, save
for some grit that got in his eye once. ?Hmmmm?

Heh...but he finally got some RANK. I looked in on his
home page. A much newer flight suit, but less hair and
more pudgyness. Still the familiar scowl. He must think
that makes him look like a "tough guy." :-)

When you're that short, you've got to use every angle to get a little
respect. Have you visited any of his "other" web pages?

? ?We've had Heil telling all sorts of
? ?things about "being in a country AT war." ?Those all blend
? ?together, don't they?

So who hasn't? ?Most of the people I actually know have been
deployed. ?I don't actually know Jim, but I'm told he has served in
other ways.

Serving is serving. Who knows, he could have been a bus
boy at an O Club somewhere in PA when going to collitch.
Bus boys sometimes do serving.

For all we know Jim is blind or in a wheelchair and had a perfectly
legitimate reason for not serving. Is Jim blind or in a wheelchair?

? ?Did David actually OPERATE any radios (other than a BC
? ?receiver) in Vietnam? ?I must have missed one of his brags
? ?about that because I don't recall him giving any information
? ?on that. ?I really can't believe half of what he says in here.

All I can recall about his retelling of his Vietnam period was being
PO'd at not being permitted to be a ham over there.

Really? I thought he ran the Vietnam MARS stations all
by himself! I was mistaken. :-)

That was Robesin - eavesdropping on phone patches with the wives...

? ?When I was assigned to ADA, we actually OPERATED HF
? ?radios...and VHF radios...and UHF radios...and some
? ?microwave radios. ?Before the 1965 date that the DoD
? ?says the USA "got involved" in the Vietnam War. ?Not
? ?only that, I've got photo and text references to that on a
? ?publicly-accessible website. ?shrug

Around 1965, I was operating my dad's Philips SW set from Athens,
Greece. ?The birthplace of "democraticia" had a King, but no
television broadcasts, and we got our news and entertainment from BBC
and VOA. ?The Dutch station had the best music, but who knew what they
were saying?

Hilversum's PCJ is world famous and Eddie Starz was still
alive in 1965. Terrific linguist, could handle most of the
languages himself! "Peace, Cheer, Joy" is what he called
PCJ. Difficult for me to get Holland directly so I tune for
their Netherlands Antilles repeater station.

I imagine that's where my interest in radio came from. Hey, that old
radio had tubes!

? ?But, David is passing a brick about my being a "newcomer
? ?to radio" (after 54 years of that) and I guess we are supposed
? ?to let him do that. ?[the pain must be excrutiating for him]

Yikes! ?That's one rough gall stone!

He's a big guy, ruff and tuff...he can take it.

He should seek medical help.

Anyway, I've passed the 20 year mark in amateur radio, and in ham
years I'm still wet behind the ears... ?according to the coded
elitists.

Nobody "better" than the coded elitists. Ask any one of them.

Sigh...there'l be no peace for them until the last coder's key
is pried from their cold, dead fingers. I'll be helping with the
pry bar when it happens. :-)

73, Len AF6AY

I've already got one; don't need another. For all I care they can be
buried with them. Hopefully it's not one of those $400 jewels and the
grave robbers leave them alone. RIP, I say!