RadioBanter

-   -   The First 13 Days of the Revolution (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/116269-first-13-days-revolution.html)

[email protected] April 11th 07 11:52 AM

What Revolution?

On Apr 8, 4:40�pm, "AF6AY" wrote:
From: on 8 Apr 2007 08:47:20 -0700

Subject: What Revolution?

On Apr 7, 5:31 pm, wrote:
On Apr 3, 1:34?pm, "AF6AY" wrote:
On Mar 29, 6:24?pm, Dave Heil wrote a typical
warm, wonderful "welcome" message of:

Well, Len, you're just reaping what you've sown.

Jim, when life appears to be treating you unfairly, it isn't.

Who said life was treating me unfairly?

Ah, but I DID have those experiences, proven by several
publicly-accessible references and documented
licenses. :-)

Has anyone doubted that, Len?

* *[yes, a few have, notably Heil who once said "you never did
* *that in your life!"]

That was in reference to your claim of having
worked 24/7.

Tsk, that seems to **** off some "club call" collectors
and civilian government service "careerists." ? :-)

Is there something wrong with being in government service for a couple
of decades?

As long as it doesn't lead to a case of pompousness, as with Heil.

What pompousness?

* *Heil's assignments were given by him as 1985 to 2000, a term
* *of 15 years, NOT "a couple of decades."

* *Hello? *Can anyone see FACTUAL ERROR on Jimmie's part?

Who is this "Jimmie" you refer to, Len?

Does having been granted a Commercial radiotelephone
operator license 51 years ago NOT count?

Count for what, Len?

What do you think it should count for, when the subject is amateur
radio?

Welp, according to Heil, he was able to bypass military comms training
as he held an amateur license. *He was DDA.

* *Is that the same as "DOA?" *[Heil is dead in the water most
* *of the time with his attitude...]

Amateur radio is the only way to get *amateur radio* experience,
Len.

You've got plenty of that, Jim. *Probably more than a 4 year old
Extra.

* *Right...according to these amateur professionals, AMATEUR
* *radio does NOT work the same as all other radio. *

In many ways, it does not. The regulations are
different, the Basis and Purposes are different,
etc.

For example, is there any other radio service
where any licensee can design, build, align
repair and operate their own radio stations on any frequency allocated
to that radio service, without
any documentation or certification?

It is
* *"different" and can never be compared to other radio.

You can compare it, but the differences must be
considered. You don't consider the differences.

*It's
* *experience is totally different. *Uh huh...

In most ways it *is* different.

For example, with all your claimed experience as
a "PROFESSIONAL in radio", if you had the opportunity and permission
to operate my amateur
radio station, you wouldn't be able to use most of the
equipment at all. K8MN, on the other hand, would
have no problem.

We, on the other hand, would have no problem using
an Icom transceiver like yours.

Do you think you know more about amateur radio than someone who has
been an active radio amateur for several decades?

What's to know? *Please start a list.

* *Jimmie should WRITE A BOOK, maybe a whole set of volumes
* *on his life and times in amateur radio, pioneering the
* *airwaves of the 1980s with his morse code modes. *Here's
* *a suggested working title "200 Meters and Sideways."

Who is this "Jimmie", you keep mentioning, Len?

* *If the ARRL doesn't resell it, he can work it up as a
* *promo of a recent motion picture...or get on a Jay Leno
* *show in another morse v. cell-phone-text contest.

The Morse Code operators won that contest, Len.
And they weren't even going half the record speed.

And a couple of weeks as a licensed radio amateur. That makes you an
amateur radio neophyte, Len. A beginner, novice, newcomer, wet-behind-
the-ears tyro.Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Right.

It's true. Not that their's anything wrong with it!

Len will soon have 40 days experience as a radio amateur. I will soon
have 40 years.

*Are you running for ARRL office as well? *Sure
sounds like it.

* *Sigh. *Another east coastie, warm and welcoming...but
* *demanding that I bow down in "respect" to their mighty
* *macho morsemanship and "years of national service" by
* *twiddling their paddles and beeping in the cause of
* *"homeland security."

Len, you're just reaping what you have sown. In fact,
you are treated much better here than you treat
others.

* *Jimmie still thinks that amateur radio works "differently"
* *than all other radio. *Perhaps he thinks that way out of
* *ignorance in NOT being acquainted with all other radio or
* *even just parts of all other radio? *Maybe he was taught
* *that in his school (that still thinks it was "first" to
* *"invent" the "first electronic computer")?

Ah, there you go, Len, inserting the factual errors.

ENIAC was the world's very first fully operational, high speed,
general purpose, electronic digital computer. That's historical fact.

Amateur Radio is considerably different from other
radio services in many ways.

I don't recall that U.S. government regulations REQUIRE
all that CONTACT collection. [looking through Title 47
again...] Nope, NOTHING in the regulations about that...

Doesn't matter.

Neither does half a million 13 second QSO's.

* *Yes it DOES matter, Brian. *By all that "different" amateur
* *radio, those short QSOs result in life-long friendships
* *and mutual love between morsemen.

Your jealousy is showing, Len.

So, nearly a quarter million [transitory] CONTACTS via
amateur radio. What does that prove?

1) Experience
2) Operating skill
3) A certain level of activity.

I suspect that you are jealous of K8MN, Len.

He's merely annoying. *He knows everything - just ask him.

* *Jimmie is merely annoying with his little "game" of adding
* *in question marks that were never written originally.

Google does that sometimes.

The capability of
making lots of [transitory] contacts? ?Yes, but doing so
many is little more than accumulating some self-logged
contacts that take a relatively long time to ascertain.

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

There are collectors who have amassed great quantities
of pennies, string, and other items.

? ?Not the same thing at all.?

Beer can tabs, navel lint, etc.

* *QSL cards over a whole wall...another wall filled with
* *certificates of great (amateur) accomplishments...yet
* *another wall filled with photographs (posed photo-ops)
* *of him with other ham notables...fourth wall stacked
* *with old, yellowing copies of QST going back longer than
* *he has lived. *Marker lines on the floor so that "friends
* *and neighbors" know where to stand when "admiring his
* *accomplishments."

Whose station are you describing, Len?

If Len Anderson wants to pretend that he is part of some revolution, let
him play.

Tsk, tsk, I *AM* part of the revolution... :-)

What "revolution", Len?
It's been about six weeks since the rules change, and
there hasn't been any tremendous increase in the number
of new hams nor a huge number of upgrades. Yes, there
have been more than in previous months but it's hardly
enough to be a "revolution".

Must the revolution be in numbers *This revolution is in the
regulations.

They dropped a test and not much happened.

* *Brian, it hasn't sunk into his morsemen's mind yet.

* *Morsemen's minds are too cluttered with beeps to get
* *the picture of more complex subjects...at least until
* *a Dave Sumner "editorial" explains it all to them in
* *QST.

Ah, the classic Len abuse of those he envies...

Let's see...you bought some manufactured equipment,
put together a basic station, and made a few contacts
using voice modes like SSB and FM. How "revolutionary"
? ?is that??

He did it on HF without a single morse code exam.

* *On VHF first (the discone was up first), then on HF. *:-)

* *What ****es Jimmie off is that I took and passed ALL
* *the test elements at one exam session...without asking
* *for His Permission, too!

Well, Len, I don't now what that "Jimmie" person thinks, but it didn't
bother me at all.

It only took you seven years and twenty-some days
to go from your "out of the box" boast to actually
doing it.

* *"Extra out of the box!" *Heil says I "didn't do it,"
* *yet I did. *Sunnuvagun!

You are mistaken.

Nothing wrong with it as long as you follow the rules and
good *amateur radio* practice, but it's hardly a
revolution.

Hmmmm? *"Good Amateur Practice." *Some of your Cronies have a hard
time with that one.

You mean like Len's neighbor, ex-KG6IRO?

* *His Cronies only know morsemanship. *To them, morsemanship
* *is the ONLY "good amateur practice." *

Another factual error on your part, Len.

Ptui.

Ah - so you spit on other amateurs. Is that "good amateur practice",
Len?

Marie, I know you want to give cake to the peasants, but
don't lose your head in excoriating them...

Are you one of the peasants, Len? You act more
like you are one of the arrogant nobility.

Len, nobility? *He's merely your peer... *your equal.

* *ONLY in amateur radio, Brian...as far as all the privileges,
* *rank, status, etc., which must REALLY **** him off! *:-)

Only as far as the license class. Doesn't bother me at all.

* *Brian, like you, I've voluntarily served the US military;
* *Jimmie never did that. *

Well, I don't know what "Jimmie" did. But I know
what I have done.

K8MN also served voluntarily in the US military.

I've worked in radio-electronics
* *full-time since 1952; we don't know where Jimmie is
* *supposed to work or what it is he really does for a living.

I don't know what "Jimmie" does for a living. But I know what I do,
and have done.

* *You have a good family and children and I have a good wife
* *who was my high school sweetheart; we don't know anything
* *about Jimmie's personal life except that he has a younger
* *brother "into radio." *Is Jimmie Greater or Lesser than
* *any of us? *We don't know enough about Him to compare.

Who is this "Jimmie" anyway, Len?

Why do you so much want to compare yourself
to him?

* *Jimmie PRETENDS to be a "Somebody." *Like an "amateur radio
* *historian," pretending to be the olde-tymer, all the while
* *cribbing from OTHER sources of ham radio history. *Jimmie
* *PRETENDS to be a real estate "expert" yet he has never dealt
* *up-close-and-personal with any real estate matters in my
* *city or neighborhood...yet he wants to imply He knows more
* *and is therefore the 'superior being' on that. *Jimmie
* *PRETENDS to be a statistical archivist with his amateur radio
* *numbers posting...yet those numbers are the SAME as what the
* *ARRL posts plus his own commentary (7 years old) about the
* *"difference between Techs and Tech Plusses."

I don't know about this "Jimmie" person, Len. But I don't claim to be
an expert about anything.

I do know some things about amateur radio history,
real estate, and the numbers of current FCC issued
amateur radio licenses held by individuals. It
seems to me that my knowledge of those subjects
really, really bothers you.

* *I don't PRETEND anything. *

Sure you do, Len. You pretend to be better than
all who disagree with you.

I have opinions and am not scared
* *to voice them.

You also voice things that are demonstrably
untrue.

*My work experience AND radio licensing is
* *public record if anyone cares to look for it...and I DO have
* *documented evidence to prove that (unlike The Robesin).

If you won't look, you won't find.

* *But, some of the olde-tyme morsemen want to PUT DOWN those
* *that don't share their lofty, god-given opinions. *They
* *don't take kindly to such folk and manage to pollute this
* *newsgroup with their "I am better than you" bragging.

Len, you're projecting your own behavior onto
others - again.

�I
* *didn't decide to get into amateur radio on Their terms and
* *wouldn't want to personally associate with such narrow-
* *minded, arrogant persons.

Yet you associate with them here. Why is that?
I think you are both jealous and sfraid of them.

*Amateur radio is, to me, much
* *more than morsemanship and something to enjoy by itself,
* *not a vehicle for morsepersons to engage in self-
* *aggrandizement.

I agree 100%, Len. I do much more with Amateur
Radio than Morse Code.

Then why do you behave the way you do here, Len?

You told us you'd leave this newsgroup when the
Morse Code test went away. But you're still here,
following your classic behavior profile. Why is that?

btw, Len, the telegraphic abbreviation "73" means "best regards". It's
already plural.
So when you write "73s", you're saying "best regardses"

73 de Jim, N2EY

AF6AY April 12th 07 12:20 AM

What Revolution?

From: Dave Heil on Wed, 11 Apr 2007 03:27:14 GMT

From: on 10 Apr 2007 03:56:54 -0700
On Apr 9, 1:05 pm, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Apr 9, 2:05 am, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Apr 7, 5:31 pm, wrote:
On Apr 3, 1:34?pm, "AF6AY" wrote:
On Mar 29, 6:24?pm, Dave Heil wrote a typical

Words and their meanings are important, Len. Hot-ham-and-cheese wrote
"according to Heil..." except that it wasn't according to me at all.

Somebody else writes your posts here?

You wrote that you obtained an Extra out of the box, but you keeping
trying to skip over the word "right". You used it when you told us that
you were going for an "Extra right out the box."

Tsk. The phrase "Extra [right] Out Of The Box" is a colloquial
amateur radio one referring to one who takes and passes ALL
test elements in one exam session. It was used BEFORE the
2000 US amateur radio Restructuring.

I've not claimed to be a barrister, Foghorn.

You sure ACT like you were one...complete with the powdered
wig and black robes.

I've omitted much about my time in the Air Force.

You probably SHOULD. You don't want to talk about it, so
you must not have done anything significant.

It can't have been mentioned by me. I'd have pointed out that the Air
Force doesn't use the term "MOS". It uses the term "AFSC" for Air Force
Specialty Code.

You are out of order in this court, counselor. What did you
DO in the USAF? Explain it in words. Don't be EVASIVE by
misdirecting into trivial chewing out about using "wrong"
USAF titles of occupation specialties.

Did Heil operate ANY radio (other than a BC receiver) while "in
a country at war?"

I surely did, Len, but not 24/7. I maxed out at ten hours per day, six
days per week.

Poor baby. Was the service rough on you?

In the US Army all are soldiers...those not on authorized leave
are ON DUTY 24/7.

During the Vietanm War only two transceiver types made up the
vast bulk of communications. I've not seen Heil mention either
one of them, despite an eighth of a million of those two types
made and operational.

I used no low power, tinker toy radio equipment during my time in the
military.

Oh, my, the ELITIST speaks! All of the US military branches
don't consider operational radio communications equipment as
"low power, tinker toy." Certainly not for REAL COMBAT
operations involving real Life and Death situations.

You are being EVASIVE again. You've NOT described what you DID
over 35 years ago "in a country at war." You've NOT described
ANY radio equipment you (supposedly) USED over 35 years ago "in
a country at war."

Tsk, you are coming across as a clone, a carbon copy of the
infamous "Major Dud" Robeson. Like he did, YOU are evasive on
details but very BIG on lofty, general-purpose emotional
phrases. Do you also hold a "commission" in the Civil Air
Patrol?

I can supply very exact DETAILS of what I did for 3 years of
my active-duty US Army assignment, pictures and text. See it at:

http://sujan.hallikainen.org/Broadca...s/My3Years.pdf

Was that "amateur radio" operations? No. It was HF transmitter
operations 24/7 in a direct service for the Far East Command
Headquarters and Army Central Command, Japan. The radio
technology and radio wave propagation was the SAME as was then
used for US amateur radio (with the exception of RF power output
levels being higher than allowed for amateurs). "Boatanchor"
radio equipment afficionados in US amateur radio use the SAME
techniques TODAY. Another exception to amaetur practice is that
messaging was done by teleprinter (now called "data") and morse
code mode was NOT used for all those hundreds of thousands of
messages sent per month. Morse mode just wasn't up to the task.

Not only that but the communications involved operation and
maintenance of VHF, UHF, microwave radio relay equipment as well
as frequency-multiplexed "carrier" equipment for both wired and
radio service. In addition we in the US Army Signal Corps also
had to use standard small-unit radio communications equipment
[PRC-8 family manpack FM transceivers, PRC-6 handheld FM
transceivers] when undergoing Provisional Infantry Platoon
training in addition to our regular Signal Corps occupational
tasks. That was in a country NOT at war (Japan) although the
United States of America was IN a war in Korea 55 years ago.

For the USA, the "Vietnam War" ended in 1973. 1973 was 34
years ago. The Korean War is still not settled and remains
in a curious continuous Truce condition today...US troops
are still stationed in Korea along the Demilitarized Zone.
During your Department of State employ help END that Korean
War? That hasn't been in the news.

I can't take any credit for BIG national-level policy things.
I volunteered, did my duties as assigned, performed honorably
and am proud to have done so. I did my part, yet a number of
you Elitists of Amateur Radio continue to scoff and sneer at
what I and others did in REAL Radio Communications...and then
expect to be treated as some kind of "royalty" or "gurus" of
"decades of experience" in (amateur) radio.

I KNOW what I did and can talk about it in detail. There is
very little of that bound by any US National Security
requirements. Yet, a number of Amateur ELITISTS in here have
been Unable to supply any Details of what they did. They are
remarkably Ambiguous in their most-general non-descriptions,
relying only on emotional catch-phrases of "importance" AS IF
that was DUE to them.

Please continue as a Robeson Clone. He seems to be gone and
his continuing snarling and denigrating has left a big hole
in message content of this newsgroup.

00 [no regards], AF6AY

AF6AY April 12th 07 12:22 AM

What Revolution?

From: Dave Heil on Wed, 11 Apr 2007 03:57:35 GMT

From: on 10 Apr 2007 03:56:54 -0700
wrote:
On Apr 7, 5:31 pm, wrote:
On Apr 3, 1:34?pm, "AF6AY" wrote:
On Mar 29, 6:24?pm, Dave Heil wrote a typical

A number of
individuals here have pointed out that an amateur radio license is only
the beginning.
If the exam is only the beginning, then multiple exams and multiple
license classes are superfluous. A number of individuals here have
pointed that out.

True. One ham = one license should be good enough for a hobby
activity.

I've told you a number of times that the FCC nowhere uses the word
"hobby" in defining or describing amateur radio.

I've told you a number of times that YOU are NOT the FCC and
HAVE NO AUTHORITY over amateur radio.

But...a long time ago the "amateur community" decided it wanted
(terribly) the RANK-STATUS-PRIVILEGES of multiple classes,
especially the morsemen holding on (with dear life) to their
beloved morse code. The "upper" classes could then look down
(and put down) the "lower" classes in great personal glee.

That seems to be your version of events and it seems that, despite of
reality, you're sticking to it.

It IS reality.

Just how long have you had this idea that you are NOBILITY?

Did God give that to you or did you develop it on your own?

If someone wanted to participate in amateur radio, passing an amateur
radio license exam was the only way to gain entry. That is still true
today.

So? I took and passed all the test elements for a US amateur
radio license on 25 Feb 07. The FCC (not your royal asshole
self) granted me an AMATEUR EXTRA class license on 7 Mar 07.

Lets see...before 7 Mar 07 you couldn't say enough bad things
about me BECAUSE I didn't have any amateur radio license...now
after 7 Mar 07 and the grant of AMATEUR EXTRA you STILL can't
say enough bad things, can't denigrate me enough.

I'd say you have one great big whopper of a PERSONALITY CONFLICT
filled with hate and bile because you can't put me down, can't
silence me, can't change my mind. Ergo, YOU MUST RULE. Sorry,
you DO NOT rule. You don't even work in the FCC.

WE just don't know for sure what Heil actually did unless he
states his USAF MOS, what he worked with "in a country at war."

The Air Force does not use that term, Leonard. If you're going to play
Secret Squirrel, at least bone up on the background info.

Evasion, ambiguity, attempt to misdirect.

Classic "Major Dud" Robeson responses in here for years.

Are you a Robeson Clone? You sure sound like one.

*WHAT* did Heil *DO* in Vietnam? Try to be more specific
than "serving his country" or being "in a country at war."

Did Heil spot artillery fall? Was he under "incoming?" How
did David Heil get the experience-granted "authority" to
denigrate anyone who has had that experience?

Try answering challenges DIRECTLY and not evading or misdirecting
every single question. [not that I expect such things but one
has to ask...]

Where did you see me writing of myself?

Everywhere that is free...certainly here in describing your
adventures in Embassy postings...on two websites elsewhere.
I'm not that concerned with boy-wonder rock musician turned
"diplomat" that I care to look unless someone sends me the
web addresses.

For example, you described your "synchronization of TTYs via
morse code communications"...in 1980...as a "good idea."
AS IF radio teletype hasn't been used for 50 years before that.

JIM has forty years more experience that you.

He has? He was born in 1892?!?

"Radio" has been around as a communications medium only since
1896. JIMMIE Miccolis must be a "true pioneer" in radio!

Hmmm...let's see...born in 1892, the first US radio regulating
agency begun in 1912...he got his Amateur Extra at age 20?

Wow! I can't top that, nossir! Neither can you, your Grateness.

You aren't Jim's equal in amateur radio or civility.

Who is "Jim?" :-)

Welp, I looked through Part 97, Title 47 C.F.R. and NOWHERE
does it say I have to bow down to any Grate Ones in amateur
radio nor even disturb them (into being "honked off") by
comments in a newsgroup.

What are you going to do NOW, your Grateness? Write Special
Counsel Riley Hollingsworth and demand the FCC take away my
amateur radio license due to "bad attitudes?"

Poor baby. Still honked off because you can't put me down,
can't silence my comments with all your mighty denigrations
and put-downs? You must be. That seems to be all you do.

Ya know, nowhere in Title 47 C.F.R. does it say anything about
"beginners, neophytes, wet-behind-the-ears tyros" or other
blabbering to me you and JIMMIE Miccolis have done. I am
a United States Amateur Extra class amateur licensee by a
grant from the United States Federal Communications
Commission. I took and passed all the required tests in one
license exam session, thus qualifying for the colloquial
ham radio expression of "Extra out of the box."

YOU don't like that. MICCOLIS doesn't like that. Both of
you think I should have "tested for International Morse
Code cognition" during my amateur license exam. Sorry,
but that wasn't a legal requirement.

No matter, both of you would have tried to PUT ME DOWN
because the old code test rate was only 5 WPM and you
"masters of radio operating" can do much faster code. :-)

Heh, the actual test-and-passing wouldn't have made any
change in your Gratenesses' attempts at put-downs. You both
have been doing that since before and after I tested-and-
passed! :-) Only your steamed Gratenesses' words were
interchanged slightly before and after my test. :-)

To CHANGE MY MIND, I'd had to have made the statement that
hot-ham-and-cheese attributed to me. His big dilemma is that I didn't
make such a statement.

Then WHO writes all your postings for you?

An alternate personality? [getting to be more like The
Robesin every day...]

If YOU - or whoever is impersonating you - writes a
statement in here, then whatever you write "is attributed
to you."

Is that too complex for you to understand?

Oh! But NOT in amateur radio newsgroups! No, NEVER, according
to Miccolis! Once one says something, regardless of how long
ago, to Miccolis that is a LIFE GOAL Never To Be Changed!

You've been caught with your brogans in your yap on a number of
occasions, "Anderson". A smarter being probably wouldn't bring further
attention to himself by braying about it.

If MICCOLIS were MORE CIVIL he wouldn't constantly be bringing
up OLD arguments, OLD postings, that were dropped by others long
ago. Neither would he be trying to MANUFACTURE "errors" and
"facts" OUT OF CONTEXT. You do that also, but JIMMIE Miccolis
makes it a de facto career.

Sort of like "Heil's Way or the highway." :-)

The Air Force technical schools award one the "3" skill level, an
apprentice level. The Bypassed Specialist is also awarded that same
apprentice level.

God forbid the Grate Heil being an "APPRENTICE" level in
anything! :-)

Further on-the-job training along with bookwork are
the way to the journeyman or "5" level. I completed the same OJT and
study course as every other "5" level candidate. It wasn't my way or
the highway, but the Air Force way.

So you DID get the free USAF training. You said you hadn't.

Oh, my, such inconsistency in your "factual" statements!

As a "boot" is to the military, you are to amateur radio.

The United States Army does NOT use the term "boot" except
for foot apparel. "Boot" is a USN term for RECRUITS.

You want me to attend Basic Training ALL OVER AGAIN?

Stupid man, you just can't stop your attempts at put-
downs of others, can you?

Stupid man, the laws of physics work the SAME for amateur
radio as it does for ALL OTHER RADIO SERVICES. The only
"differences" lie in the (sometimes warped) mental attitudes
of others...such as yourself, plus some adminstrative
differentiations applied by the single U.S. civil radio
regulating agency, the FCC.

United States amateur radio is NOT a military or para-
military "service." It is not a craft, a guild, or union
that has "apprentice, journeyman, master" skill levels.
It isn't even a "national service." US amateur radio is
defined by the FCC for administrative purposes in
differentiating between different radio services. The
word "service" as used in all of Title 47 C.F.R. is a
regulatory term defining the type and kind of radio
activity being regulated by them.

You're green--a beginner.

You are an antagonistic asshole who can't stop trying to
put down your newsgroup "enemies" with the slightest
denigrations you can dream up.

I wrote that you're a novice in amateur radio. That is the case.
You're a neophyte, a beginner.

You've REALLY got a hard one in trying to put me down.
You ought to experience some catharsis, such as writing
Special Counsel Riley Hollingsworth about my "negligent
attitude at now taking your Grateness 'advice.'" Maybe,
with the "help" of your elected representatives, you can
force the FCC to change my license to Technician!

Or, you could get some mental counseling and LOSE your
antagoinistic I-am-superior attitude. Nobody has to
kiss YOUR ass, salute you, or give up their seat on the
amateur bus to you just because you are the Mighty Heil.

I fully accept that
you've passed requisite exams currently in place for the Amateur Extra.

Tsk, you had to add the qualifier "currently in place!" :-)

Why would anyone HAVE to pass requisite exams for any
OTHER era?

How could anyone possibly pass requisite exams for a
FUTURE era?

I obeyed the LAW. I passed. In ONE EXAM SESSION.

You've been issued a license.

NO! I was GRANTED an amateur radio license by the FCC.

If you must be the irritating, anatagonistic asshole about
WORDS, try to use the CORRECT ones!

I couldn't find anything above where I commented on your age.

Tsk, tsk! You've done that consistently, old man.

You now have an amateur radio license.

Amateur Extra class.

Yes, it complements the First Class Radiotelephone (Commercial)
Operators License I was granted in March, 1956, and kept
renewed until FCC regulations changed to make it a "GROL"
with NO renewals necessary.

Use it and gain some experience in amateur radio.

Is that a COMMAND, your Grateness?

Believe it or not, individuals are allowed a great freedom
to do what THEY want, not what you "command."

I will DO with MY amateur radio license what *I* choose to
do...always keeping within the letter and spirit of the LAW
(not working Frenchmen out of band on 6m).

I BEGAN in big-time radio...

snip of irrelevant reruns

Exactly WHAT is "irrelevant" about MY life experience, your
Grateness? Other than my being a perceived newsgroup "enemy"
of yours?

The US Army didn't have - or allow - any "skipping of (union-
grade) levels." I went to my assigned Signal School and
learned my military occupation specialty. I was assigned to
the third-largest US Army radio communications transmitter
site located in Tokyo. I learned to operate, maintain, and
(slightly later after arrival) to supervise fixed station
transmitters. I also learned to operate, maintain, and
supervise VHF-UHF radio relay equipment other than the
microwave radio relay equipment. I also tried to learn all
I could about communications, taking advantage of the
situation. That station DID operate "24/7" and all (not on
authorized leave) were available 24/7.

Heil and Miccolis really OVERWORK their look-down-their-noses
attitude of "beginners."

I congratulate you on your brand new amateur radio license.

You act the contemptible HYPOCRITE, Heil. You've spent a
long, long message trying to put me down through all of it.
Now you try the "nice-nice" route with the "congratulations."

You are about as two-faced a Janus as I've ever met.

Keep your ears and eyes open and you may learn a great deal.

Keep YOUR mouth and keyboard SHUT once in a while and YOU
might learn to be a civil human being.

That attitude won't help you in gaining experience in amateur radio.

See, the WRONG side of the Janus face gets all the attention
and it MUST mouth off with "advice."

The fact is that you are a beginner in amateur radio.

The "fact" is that you are an asshole of a human being
wannabe, Heil.

You have much to learn.

YOU have MUCH MUCH MORE to learn about getting along with
others. OFF radio.

You aren't an instant expert, Len.

I don't pretend to be. Why do YOU pretend to be an "expert?"

Other than with morse code mode communications, that is.

You come back ONLY when you've had PART of the experience
I've had in OTHER radio services, INCLUDING radio as used
by the Department of Defense in various contracting jobs
(NO license necessary).

Don't try to snow the other hams with your "State Departement"
radio officer stuff. You were a civilian government
employee (regardless of the fancy-schmancy Title you love
to drop) for under 20 years. Your Big Claim is BEING DX
for radio amateurs through your posting in Finland and
African countries. Did the FCC post you there? Did the
ARRL send you there? NO to both. So try being a HUMAN
BEING. It must be hard for you to do that, but TRY.

You are NOT in "command." You have NO "authority." Try
to remember that next time you use your "authority" to
"command" others to do something, anything.

AF6AY

[email protected] April 12th 07 12:33 AM

What Revolution?

From: on 10 Apr 2007 03:56:54 -0700

wrote:
On Apr 7, 5:31 pm, wrote:
On Apr 3, 1:34?pm, "AF6AY" wrote:
On Mar 29, 6:24?pm, Dave Heil wrote a typical
A number of
individuals here have pointed out that an amateur radio license is only
the beginning.
If the exam is only the beginning, then multiple exams and multiple
license classes are superfluous. A number of individuals here have
pointed that out.

True. One ham = one license should be good enough for a hobby
activity.

I've told you a number of times that the FCC nowhere uses the word
"hobby" in defining or describing amateur radio.

The BMV doesn't list hobby driving in it's regulations, yet some
people collect and drive cars for a hobby. But the amateur radio
SERVICE is serious business - 13 second QSOs and all!

But...a long time ago the "amateur community" decided it wanted
(terribly) the RANK-STATUS-PRIVILEGES of multiple classes,
especially the morsemen holding on (with dear life) to their
beloved morse code. The "upper" classes could then look down
(and put down) the "lower" classes in great personal glee.

That seems to be your version of events and it seems that, despite of
reality, you're sticking to it.

There are several elements of truth in there. Can you find them?

You've always had a perceptible inferiority complex.

You've always had a smug complex.

Now IN the electronics industry (where the rest of the radio
world's equipment - and some amateur gear - is designed and
made), the vast majority of those involved do NOT have amateur
radio licenses! Those involved in everyday work with radio
and electronics found it a fascinating, challenging activity
all by itself. No "ham ticket" was necessary...indeed was a
superfluous thing since amateur radio licenses are NOT needed
for the rest of the radio world.

If someone wanted to participate in amateur radio, passing an amateur
radio license exam was the only way to gain entry. That is still true
today.

Heil got one right.

Passing the exams
allowed me to bypass tech school.
So you really did bypass military comms training? Exactly how did I
"misquote" you?
You misquoted me when you wrote "according to Heil" and follow it with
something I've not stated.
Yet it is what you did.

WE just don't know for sure what Heil actually did unless he
states his USAF MOS, what he worked with "in a country at war."

The Air Force does not use that term, Leonard.

The US Army does. It is "Military Occupational Specialty," the
equivalent of the Air Force Specialty Code (AFSC).

If you're going to play
Secret Squirrel, at least bone up on the background info.

Nobody minds when Robesin gets it "half-right" about his own service
or MARS, so why the prob with Len's mostly accurate statement?

You're right, Brian. Jim has forty years of amateur radio experience.
Len has a few weeks at best.
I'm sure he'll catsup quick.
He'll have forty years experience in forty years.
Poor Dave has to maintain that edge of superiority.

He has a terrible personal NEED for that "superiority."

Where did you see me writing of myself? You have a terrible personal
case of inferiority.

And you have a terrible impersonal case.

He MUST be above all others.

JIM has forty years more experience that you. You MUST have seen that.

If you were to add up all of your 13 second QSOs, how many years of
experience would that be?

The Latin phrase "Primus inter pares"
suits him ("first among equals"), a Latin oxymoron of all things.

You aren't Jim's equal in amateur radio or civility. You're a beginner
in one and you have yet to practice the other.

It looks like you have an opinion. How nice.

Do you think you know more about amateur radio than someone who has
been an active radio amateur for several decades?
What's to know? Please start a list.
You've held a license for at least a couple of decades. Shouldn't you
have an inkling by now?
You're 59...
That's the sum total of knowledge you've acquired since you obtained an
amateur radio license?
What? You don't like standardized replies that allow for 13 second
QSOs?

Heil wants His NOW. Instant gratification of his "superiority."

*Snicker* Yeah, I've gained instant superiority after only forty-three
years in the game. Stop, Len! You're cracking me up!

Right. Are you running for ARRL office as well? Sure sounds like it.
What do you mean "as well?" Do you know someone who is running for an
ARRL elected position?
You've announced a run for the Roanoke Division Directorship.
No, Brian, I have not.
Perhaps it was only wishful typing when you posted your run?

Maybe Heil CHANGED HIS MIND? People are allowed to do that,
change their mind, that is...

To CHANGE MY MIND, I'd had to have made the statement that
hot-ham-and-cheese attributed to me. His big dilemma is that I didn't
make such a statement. Oh deary me. What will he do now?

I don't believe you, so I'm sticking by MY statement even if you can't
stick by yours.

Oh! But NOT in amateur radio newsgroups! No, NEVER, according
to Miccolis! Once one says something, regardless of how long
ago, to Miccolis that is a LIFE GOAL Never To Be Changed!

You've been caught with your brogans in your yap on a number of
occasions, "Anderson". A smarter being probably wouldn't bring further
attention to himself by braying about it.

So how's your run for the Roanoke Division Directorship going?

Len is a guy who holds an Extra license. What class of license do you
hold? ...does Jim hold?
Oh, Len holds a license of the same class.
Indeed. Yet the FCC has no requirement for experience. Len has
gained radio experience via a lifetime of operating in other
services. Weren't you the one who said that amateur experience
allowed you to bypass military comms school?

Brian, it only works ONE WAY, Heil's Way.

Sort of like "Heil's Way or the highway." :-)

The Air Force technical schools award one the "3" skill level, an
apprentice level. The Bypassed Specialist is also awarded that same
apprentice level. Further on-the-job training along with bookwork are
the way to the journeyman or "5" level. I completed the same OJT and
study course as every other "5" level candidate. It wasn't my way or
the highway, but the Air Force way.

Thank goodness it wasn't the amateur way...

He's been a radio amateur
for several weeks. He's green.

NO, NO, NO...FACTUAL ERROR BY Heil. I am not green. As a
caucasoid
type human racial type I am various shades of PINK commonly
referred
to as "flesh color."

As a "boot" is to the military, you are to amateur radio. You're
green--a beginner.

Will the hazing ever stop?

Despite the tenor of some of his posts,
he's a novice in amateur radio. He's just begun.

There is NO "novice" class for new US amateur radio license
class grants. That ended almost seven years ago.

Sorry, Len. There was a Novice Class, but no novice class.
I wrote that you're a novice in amateur radio. That is the case.
You're a neophyte, a beginner.

Hazing...

Neither is there any AGE discrimination in FCC regulations,
age low or high. It was perfectly permissible by law to take
and pass ALL test elements in one test session...which is what
I did on 25 Feb 07. The ARRL VEC accepted that, the FCC
accepted that. Heil and Miccolis still can't "accept" that.

I'll let Jim speak for himself on this issue. I fully accept that
you've passed requisite exams currently in place for the Amateur Extra.
You've been issued a license. I couldn't find anything above where I
commented on your age. You now have an amateur radio license. Use it
and gain some experience in amateur radio.

The FCC does not require one to use their license. And forty years
later one would have forty years of "experience."

Your continued hazing is noted.

I BEGAN in big-time radio...

snip of irrelevant reruns

Heil and Miccolis really OVERWORK their look-down-their-noses
attitude of "beginners."

I congratulate you on your brand new amateur radio license. Keep your
ears and eyes open and you may learn a great deal.

You're 59.

When someone proves that amateur radios
work with "different" laws of physics than all other radios,
I might consider myself as a "beginner." Until then, the REAL
difference between amateur radio and the rest of radio is just
some man-made adminstrative details...and from the ham bigots
busy with self-righteous, I-am-so-important-because-I-know-code
sneering and insulting of new licensees.

That attitude won't help you in gaining experience in amateur radio.
Amateur radio is not solely concerned with the physics of radio. The
fact is that you are a beginner in amateur radio. You have much to
learn. You aren't an instant expert, Len.

Dave K8MN

Nor are you an expert, even after 40+ years.

Really, what were you doing working out of band Frenchmen on 6 meters?

[email protected] April 12th 07 12:37 AM

What Revolution?

wrote:
On Apr 7, 5:31 pm, wrote:
On Apr 3, 1:34?pm, "AF6AY" wrote:
On Mar 29, 6:24?pm, Dave Heil wrote a typical
warm, wonderful "welcome" message of:
Well, Len, you're just reaping what you've sown.
Jim, when life appears to be treating you unfairly, it isn't. You just
reap what you sow.
I wish you guys would start choosing your words more carefully. You'll
have Mark accusing both of you of promoting *reap*.

Ha! Dave makes a funny about Robesin's accusations of rape.

No, Brian, I made no reference to anyone called "Robesin", nor did I
mention the word "rape".

Right. Kindly explain what you did mean.

Great subject to joke about.

The joke was not about rape. The joke was about one of the great
manglers of language, a person who is a perpetual "victum".

Dave K8MN

*reap*

Please do a word scramble and provide all possible words other than
RAPE which you were referring to. Thanks.

Hey, Dave. What word did you think Mark might have scrambled???

Dave Heil April 12th 07 06:13 AM

What Revolution?

From: Dave Heil on Wed, 11 Apr 2007 03:57:35 GMT

From: on 10 Apr 2007 03:56:54 -0700
wrote:
On Apr 7, 5:31 pm, wrote:
On Apr 3, 1:34?pm, "AF6AY" wrote:
On Mar 29, 6:24?pm, Dave Heil wrote a typical

A number of
individuals here have pointed out that an amateur radio license is only
the beginning.
If the exam is only the beginning, then multiple exams and multiple
license classes are superfluous. A number of individuals here have
pointed that out.
True. One ham = one license should be good enough for a hobby
activity.

I've told you a number of times that the FCC nowhere uses the word
"hobby" in defining or describing amateur radio.

I've told you a number of times that YOU are NOT the FCC and
HAVE NO AUTHORITY over amateur radio.

Are you losing control of yourself, Leonard? I wrote nothing about my
being the FCC. I told you that the FCC does not use the word "hobby" to
define amateur radio. It's a fact!

But...a long time ago the "amateur community" decided it wanted
(terribly) the RANK-STATUS-PRIVILEGES of multiple classes,
especially the morsemen holding on (with dear life) to their
beloved morse code. The "upper" classes could then look down
(and put down) the "lower" classes in great personal glee.

That seems to be your version of events and it seems that, despite of
reality, you're sticking to it.

It IS reality.

No, Leonard, it is not. In fact, if you'll read your own words, just
down the page, you'll see a guy with a brand new callsign acting as if
he were very conscious of his new found RANK-STATUS-PRIVILEGES.

Just how long have you had this idea that you are NOBILITY?

Did God give that to you or did you develop it on your own?

Wow, you *are* losing it. I wrote nothing of NOBILITY or God.

If someone wanted to participate in amateur radio, passing an amateur
radio license exam was the only way to gain entry. That is still true
today.

So? I took and passed all the test elements for a US amateur
radio license on 25 Feb 07. The FCC (not your royal asshole
self) granted me an AMATEUR EXTRA class license on 7 Mar 07.

So I've noted. I've noted written that I handed you your new license.

Lets see...before 7 Mar 07 you couldn't say enough bad things
about me BECAUSE I didn't have any amateur radio license...now
after 7 Mar 07 and the grant of AMATEUR EXTRA you STILL can't
say enough bad things, can't denigrate me enough.

Well, when you're an unbearable horse's patoot *without* an amateur
radio license and an unbearable horse's patoot *with* an amateur radio
license, it couldn't have been much of a surprise to you.

I'd say you have one great big whopper of a PERSONALITY CONFLICT
filled with hate and bile because you can't put me down...

Putting you down hasn't proven to be the least bit difficult.

can't silence me,

I can't actually hear you, Len. Unlike you, I've never ordered anyone
to leave the newsgroup. :-)

...can't change my mind.

You've done that on your own on a number of occasions. :-)

Ergo, YOU MUST RULE. Sorry,
you DO NOT rule. You don't even work in the FCC.

I've never claimed to "work in the FCC." We're in the same boat.
Neither of us works for the FCC.

WE just don't know for sure what Heil actually did unless he
states his USAF MOS, what he worked with "in a country at war."

The Air Force does not use that term, Leonard. If you're going to play
Secret Squirrel, at least bone up on the background info.

Evasion, ambiguity, attempt to misdirect.

Why should you change tactics now? I'm used to seeing your evasion,
ambiguity and attempts to misdirect. I gave you factual information.

Classic "Major Dud" Robeson responses in here for years.

It can't be much of a classic. There's no Major Dud posting here.

Are you a Robeson Clone? You sure sound like one.

I'm not using any usenet technology you could possibly hear, Len.

*WHAT* did Heil *DO* in Vietnam? Try to be more specific
than "serving his country" or being "in a country at war."

What is it to you, Len? I'm not feeding you information.

Did Heil spot artillery fall? Was he under "incoming?" How
did David Heil get the experience-granted "authority" to
denigrate anyone who has had that experience?

I've not denigrated *anyone* who has had that experience. I have
denigrated at least one individual who has not had the experience but
who wrote about it as if he had.

Try answering challenges DIRECTLY and not evading or misdirecting
every single question. [not that I expect such things but one
has to ask...]

I've told you quite DIRECTLY that I've seen what you do with a little
information. You don't have any and I'm not providing it for you.
Now what will you do?

You're right, Brian. Jim has forty years of amateur radio experience.
Len has a few weeks at best.

I'm sure he'll catsup quick.

He'll have forty years experience in forty years.

Poor Dave has to maintain that edge of superiority.

He has a terrible personal NEED for that "superiority."

reinsertion of relative material snipped by Len

Where did you see me writing of myself? You have a terrible personal case
of inferiority.

Everywhere that is free...certainly here in describing your
adventures in Embassy postings...on two websites elsewhere.

Let's keep you honest, shall we? I reinserted the material you snipped
in an effort to make it appear that you responded to something other
than that under discussion. Anyone can look at the reinserted material
and see your tactic.

I'm not that concerned with boy-wonder rock musician turned
"diplomat" that I care to look unless someone sends me the
web addresses.

You must have missed a bunch of bio material, Len. I worked in
broadcast radio in Miami and Cincinnati, was an outside salesman for a
couple of industrial electronics distributors, played in a traveling
rock band and was ten years with Cincinnati's Big Joe Duskin. You can
even Google Duskin if you like. Don't forget the other classified info:
I worked part-time at Sears as a high schooler and my car is yellow.

For example, you described your "synchronization of TTYs via
morse code communications"...in 1980...as a "good idea."

Your quotes are selective and you shouldn't have used the word "your".

AS IF radio teletype hasn't been used for 50 years before that.

I made no statement to the time frame in which teletype was used.

JIM has forty years more experience that you.

He has? He was born in 1892?!?

Awww, the old gent is becoming forgetful! He didn't remember that we
were discussing amateur radio.

You aren't Jim's equal in amateur radio or civility.

Who is "Jim?" :-)

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Welp, I looked through Part 97, Title 47 C.F.R. and NOWHERE
does it say I have to bow down to any Grate Ones in amateur
radio nor even disturb them (into being "honked off") by
comments in a newsgroup.

Nope, you may continue with your usual tactics, in which case you'll
continue to receive what you dish out.

What are you going to do NOW, your Grateness? Write Special
Counsel Riley Hollingsworth and demand the FCC take away my
amateur radio license due to "bad attitudes?"

I'm dealing with your attitude this very moment.

Poor baby. Still honked off because you can't put me down...

That's easily done. Its effectiveness is indicated when you start
coming unglued.

can't silence my comments...

I can't hear your comments. I've never suggested that you take your
usenet posts elsewhere or that you stop. You've suggested that
newsgroup posters do both.

...with all your mighty denigrations
and put-downs? You must be. That seems to be all you do.

I'm not going to silence you. I'm not going to tell you to go
elsewhere. I'm going to counter you and make you an object of ridicule.

Ya know, nowhere in Title 47 C.F.R. does it say anything about
"beginners, neophytes, wet-behind-the-ears tyros" or other
blabbering to me you and JIMMIE Miccolis have done.

That doesn't mean there are no beginners in amateur radio. Everyone
with an amateur radio license was a newcomer at some point. Only you
are trying to deny your beginner status.

I am
a United States Amateur Extra class amateur licensee by a
grant from the United States Federal Communications
Commission.

Yep, and you're a beginner in amateur radio.

I took and passed all the required tests in one
license exam session...

Yep, you have the license. You're now a neophyte in amateur radio.

...thus qualifying for the colloquial
ham radio expression of "Extra out of the box."

....but not qualifying for the colloquial amateur radio expression "Extra
*right* out of the box."

YOU don't like that.

I'm rather ambivalent on the issue. I don't want to hang out with you.
I don't want you as an on-air pal. I really don't expect to encounter
you on the ham bands.

MICCOLIS doesn't like that.

Well, ANDERSON, I don't really know whether he does or not.

Both of
you think I should have "tested for International Morse
Code cognition" during my amateur license exam.

You know and I know and Jim knows that the 5 wpm Morse Code test had you
beat. You got the license the way you could get the license.

Sorry,
but that wasn't a legal requirement.

You got that part right. You waited for regs to change. It was a very,
very long wait.

No matter, both of you would have tried to PUT ME DOWN
because the old code test rate was only 5 WPM and you
"masters of radio operating" can do much faster code. :-)

I run into a number of folks who can't do high speed CW and whom I've
never "put down". It must be something about you and your attitude. :-)

Heh, the actual test-and-passing wouldn't have made any
change in your Gratenesses' attempts at put-downs. You both
have been doing that since before and after I tested-and-
passed! :-) Only your steamed Gratenesses' words were
interchanged slightly before and after my test. :-)

You just don't get it, Windy.

Dave K8MN

Dave Heil April 12th 07 07:18 AM

What Revolution?

From: Dave Heil on Wed, 11 Apr 2007 03:57:35 GMT

From: on 10 Apr 2007 03:56:54 -0700
wrote:
On Apr 7, 5:31 pm, wrote:
On Apr 3, 1:34?pm, "AF6AY" wrote:
On Mar 29, 6:24?pm, Dave Heil wrote a typical

What do you mean "as well?" Do you know someone who is running for an
ARRL elected position?

You've announced a run for the Roanoke Division Directorship.

No, Brian, I have not.

Perhaps it was only wishful typing when you posted your run?

Maybe Heil CHANGED HIS MIND? People are allowed to do that,
change their mind, that is...

reinsertion of related material snipped by Len

To CHANGE MY MIND, I'd had to have made the statement that
hot-ham-and-cheese attributed to me. His big dilemma is that I didn't
make such a statement.

Then WHO writes all your postings for you?

The way it looks now is that I type the bulk of my postings and
hot-ham-and-cheese makes some of them up. :-)

An alternate personality? [getting to be more like The
Robesin every day...]

If I have an alternate personality, it must be hot-ham-and-cheese. :-)

If YOU - or whoever is impersonating you - writes a
statement in here, then whatever you write "is attributed
to you."

....and if I do not write a statement and someone pulls a statement from
the air and tried to make it appear that it is something I've said, that
is fiction at best and a deliberate falsehood at worst.

Is that too complex for you to understand?

I'm a couple of steps ahead of you on this one, Len.

Oh! But NOT in amateur radio newsgroups! No, NEVER, according
to Miccolis! Once one says something, regardless of how long
ago, to Miccolis that is a LIFE GOAL Never To Be Changed!

You've been caught with your brogans in your yap on a number of
occasions, "Anderson". A smarter being probably wouldn't bring further
attention to himself by braying about it.

If MICCOLIS were MORE CIVIL he wouldn't constantly be bringing
up OLD arguments, OLD postings, that were dropped by others long
ago.

I disagree. You've trotted out OLD arguments and OLD postings. You've
told and retold your "Big time" ADA story countless times. You've used
the same, tired, jokes five and six times each. Most of the stuff you
classify as "dropped by others" means "swept under the rug" by Leonard
Anderson. Other "dropped by others" items are termed "throwaway lines"
by you.

Neither would he be trying to MANUFACTURE "errors" and
"facts" OUT OF CONTEXT.

They aren't MANUFACTURED errors, Len. You've actually made them.
In no case have you been able to show that the material was taken OUT OF
CONTEXT.

You do that also, but JIMMIE Miccolis
makes it a de facto career.

That's a factual error on your part, Foghorn.

Sort of like "Heil's Way or the highway." :-)

The Air Force technical schools award one the "3" skill level, an
apprentice level. The Bypassed Specialist is also awarded that same
apprentice level.

God forbid the Grate Heil being an "APPRENTICE" level in
anything! :-)

Everybody starts somewhere, Len. Don't shy away from your neophyte
status in amateur radio. :-)

Further on-the-job training along with bookwork are
the way to the journeyman or "5" level. I completed the same OJT and
study course as every other "5" level candidate. It wasn't my way or
the highway, but the Air Force way.

So you DID get the free USAF training. You said you hadn't.

That's a factual error on your part. I said no such thing. I wrote
that I'd never had to attend an Air Force Technical School.

Oh, my, such inconsistency in your "factual" statements!

The inconsistency was in your ability to read and understand words.

As a "boot" is to the military, you are to amateur radio.

The United States Army does NOT use the term "boot" except
for foot apparel. "Boot" is a USN term for RECRUITS.

That'll come as news to those in the Air Force who are called "boot" as
a term of derision. I'm sure you can tell us, Len, what was the term of
derision used for new recruits in the Army?

You want me to attend Basic Training ALL OVER AGAIN?

Sounds fine to me, Len.

Stupid man, you just can't stop your attempts at put-
downs of others, can you?

You and I both know that I'm not a stupid man, Len.

Stupid man, the laws of physics work the SAME for amateur
radio as it does for ALL OTHER RADIO SERVICES. The only
"differences" lie in the (sometimes warped) mental attitudes
of others...such as yourself, plus some adminstrative
differentiations applied by the single U.S. civil radio
regulating agency, the FCC.

Did you know that you misspelled "administrative" the last two times
you've attempted to use it?

You've made another factual error, Leonard, old piranha. Administrative
"differentiations" are not the same as different purposes for various
radio service, different protocol in operation, different operating
modes used and the like. One example would be the very common used of
CW in amateur radio. VHF/UHF users would not concern themselves
typically with a knowledge of propagation. Point-to-point HF users
would likely concern themselves with the propagation between their
station and up to several others. Radio amateurs, not being
point-to-point users, concern themselves with weak signal, possible
propagation paths.

United States amateur radio is NOT a military or para-
military "service." It is not a craft, a guild, or union
that has "apprentice, journeyman, master" skill levels.
It isn't even a "national service."

Don't tell us what amateur radio is not, Len. Tell us what it is.

US amateur radio is
defined by the FCC for administrative purposes in
differentiating between different radio services.

That tells us pretty much nothing useful.

The
word "service" as used in all of Title 47 C.F.R. is a
regulatory term defining the type and kind of radio
activity being regulated by them.

Tell us how the FCC defines amateur radio. Does the Commission ever
refer to it as a hobby?

You're green--a beginner.

You are an antagonistic asshole who can't stop trying to
put down your newsgroup "enemies" with the slightest
denigrations you can dream up.

I stated nothing unfactual, Len. You have just obtained your very first
amateur radio license. You have no previous experience in amateur
radio. You're a newcomer, a novice, a neophyte, green. We all start
somewhere. You've started.

I wrote that you're a novice in amateur radio. That is the case.
You're a neophyte, a beginner.

You've REALLY got a hard one in trying to put me down.

It isn't hard at all, Len. You don't like being called a beginner, no
matter how true it happens to be. We were all beginners in amateur
radio at one time. You really don't like being called one.

You ought to experience some catharsis, such as writing
Special Counsel Riley Hollingsworth about my "negligent
attitude at now taking your Grateness 'advice.'"

You are in no way obligated to take my advice, Len. You may cling to
your old attitude and the results it has brought you.

Maybe,
with the "help" of your elected representatives, you can
force the FCC to change my license to Technician!

You'd still be a beginner as a Technician or a General Class licensee.
Any way you slice it, you're a brand new ham. You don't like that part.

Or, you could get some mental counseling and LOSE your
antagoinistic I-am-superior attitude. Nobody has to
kiss YOUR ass, salute you, or give up their seat on the
amateur bus to you just because you are the Mighty Heil.

You should take some of those swell ideas and write 'em down in a little
notebook. You could look them over when you have your morning coffee
(or before your mental counseling sessions) and ask yourself: Have I, a
beginner in amateur radio, come off with an "I-am_superior" attitude?
Have I acted in a manner that makes others feel that they have to kiss
my ass, salut me or give up their seat on the bus to me, just because I
am Leonard H. "I started in big time HF radio fifty years ago" Anderson?

If you do that on a regular basis, you might come to see how it is that
you aren't getting the warm welcome you seem to feel is your due. You
aren't impressing long time hams, some of whom have done at least as
much in electronics or radio operation as you've done. You aren't
impressing those who have decades in amateur radio under their belts.
You might understand why you are seem by some, as a pontificating blow hard.

I fully accept that
you've passed requisite exams currently in place for the Amateur Extra.

Tsk, you had to add the qualifier "currently in place!" :-)

Why would anyone HAVE to pass requisite exams for any
OTHER era?

How could anyone possibly pass requisite exams for a
FUTURE era?

PRECISELY!!!! You passed the requisite exams currently in place.

I obeyed the LAW. I passed.

There's no law requiring you to pass.

In ONE EXAM SESSION.

....but not "right out of the box."

You've been issued a license.

NO! I was GRANTED an amateur radio license by the FCC.

As I said, you've been issued a license.

If you must be the irritating, anatagonistic asshole about
WORDS, try to use the CORRECT ones!

You have to love a guy telling another to use the CORRECT words in the
same sentence that he uses "anatagonistic."

I couldn't find anything above where I commented on your age.

Tsk, tsk! You've done that consistently, old man.

Since you snipped the material, I REALLY can't find anywhere above where
I commented on your age. There is no maximum age for obtaining an
amateur radio license in the United States, just as there is no minimum
age.

You now have an amateur radio license.

Amateur Extra class.

RANK-STATUS-PRIVILEGE?

Yes, it complements the First Class Radiotelephone (Commercial)
Operators License I was granted in March, 1956, and kept
renewed until FCC regulations changed to make it a "GROL"
with NO renewals necessary.

How does it do that, Len? How does it complement the commercial license?

Use it and gain some experience in amateur radio.

Is that a COMMAND, your Grateness?

Lenny don't do COMMANDS!

Believe it or not, individuals are allowed a great freedom
to do what THEY want, not what you "command."

Have it your way. Don't use it and don't gain any experience.

I will DO with MY amateur radio license what *I* choose to
do...always keeping within the letter and spirit of the LAW
(not working Frenchmen out of band on 6m).

You may work all of the Frenchmen you like on Six Meters, Len and it
won't matter a whit where they are in the band, as long as you stay
where you are permitted to operate.

I BEGAN in big-time radio...

snip of irrelevant reruns

Exactly WHAT is "irrelevant" about MY life experience, your
Grateness?

If it doesn't relate to amateur radio, it is irrelevant. If it has been
written countless times before, it is irrelevant.

Other than my being a perceived newsgroup "enemy"
of yours?

You attempted to snip a great deal of relevant comments when you
responded to my last post in this thread. You did so, it seems, to try
to make it appear that my words were about something else.

The US Army didn't have - or allow - any "skipping of (union-
grade) levels."

That must have been tough for you. Do you think you could have
challenged the course?

snip

Heil and Miccolis really OVERWORK their look-down-their-noses
attitude of "beginners."

I congratulate you on your brand new amateur radio license.

You act the contemptible HYPOCRITE, Heil. You've spent a
long, long message trying to put me down through all of it.
Now you try the "nice-nice" route with the "congratulations."

I'll be happy to withdraw my congratulations.

You are about as two-faced a Janus as I've ever met.

Keep your ears and eyes open and you may learn a great deal.

Keep YOUR mouth and keyboard SHUT once in a while and YOU
might learn to be a civil human being.

My keyboard doesn't open and shut, Len. Whatever shall I do?
I've taken your ten year r.r.a.p. civility course, Leonard. Do I pass?

That attitude won't help you in gaining experience in amateur radio.

See, the WRONG side of the Janus face gets all the attention
and it MUST mouth off with "advice."

How do you tell which is the wrong side?

The fact is that you are a beginner in amateur radio.

The "fact" is that you are an asshole of a human being
wannabe, Heil.

I think you're beginning to come apart.

You have much to learn.

YOU have MUCH MUCH MORE to learn about getting along with
others. OFF radio.

You almost have it. I've been trying to tell you something. You're
still looking outside yourself.

You aren't an instant expert, Len.

I don't pretend to be.

Yes, Len, you do pretend to be--often!

Why do YOU pretend to be an "expert?"

I've never claimed to be an expert in anything, Len.

Other than with morse code mode communications, that is.

I've not even claimed that.

You come back ONLY when you've had PART of the experience
I've had in OTHER radio services, INCLUDING radio as used
by the Department of Defense in various contracting jobs
(NO license necessary).

Come back? I'm not going anywhere. Are you ordering someone to leave
again, Len? I've had PART of the experiences you've had in OTHER radio
service, INCLUDING DOD and I've done even more. Now what? Do I get a
certificate?

Don't try to snow the other hams with your "State Departement"
radio officer stuff.

I've not done that, Leonid. There's no "State Departement radio
officer" position and there was no snow, just a lonely old know-it-all
from California who acted as if he knew my job better than I.

You were a civilian government
employee (regardless of the fancy-schmancy Title you love
to drop) for under 20 years.

As I recall, you don't care for RANK-STATUS.

Your Big Claim is BEING DX
for radio amateurs through your posting in Finland and
African countries.

Finland isn't rare DX and I don't have a "Big Claim". You're reaching.
The next thing you know, you'll be telling me my car color.

Did the FCC post you there?

Did the ARRL send you there? NO to both.

So why were you asking if you already knew?

So try being a HUMAN
BEING. It must be hard for you to do that, but TRY.

I think you're missing the point of the lesson, Len. There is a lesson,
you know.

You are NOT in "command." You have NO "authority." Try
to remember that next time you use your "authority" to
"command" others to do something, anything.

What were you commanded to do?

Dave K8MN

[email protected] April 12th 07 12:27 PM

What Revolution?

On Apr 11, 12:27 am, Dave Heil wrote:
AF6AY wrote:

His USAF MOS (Military
Occupation Specialty). Was it ever mentioned by him?

It can't have been mentioned by me. I'd have pointed out that the Air
Force doesn't use the term "MOS". It uses the term "AFSC" for Air Force
Specialty Code.

Dave, you appear to be reasonably intelligent, so why do you trip and
fall over such things? "MOS" or Military Occupational Specialty is
the US Army equivalent of the AFSC.

Dave, what was your AFSC?

AF6AY April 12th 07 06:53 PM

What Revolution?

AF6AY wrote:

* *His USAF MOS (Military
* *Occupation Specialty). *Was it ever mentioned by him?

It can't have been mentioned by me. *I'd have pointed out that the Air
Force doesn't use the term "MOS". *It uses the term "AFSC" for Air Force
Specialty Code.

Dave, you appear to be reasonably intelligent, so why do you trip and
fall over such things? *"MOS" or Military Occupational Specialty is
the US Army equivalent of the AFSC.

Dave, what was your AFSC?

Brian, don't expect an answer...:-)

Heil isn't going to tell anyone directly. He will cloud his
"answer" in generalized, ambiguous terms without being
specific.

Heil wants to argue for the sake of arguing, always with
the intention of putting down those he perceives are his
newsgroup "enemies."

I have yet to meet a veteran of military service who does
not recall his unit, where he was, what he did. I have
also met a few who wish to cloud the issue with non-
specific generalities in order to refuse to admit what their
military jobs were...because they wished to elevate
themselves as doing more than they actually did.

I've encountered a few civilians in electronics who do the
same thing about their civilian jobs. They want to be
"more important sounding" to those around them, raise
themselves by some mythical bootstraps to be Very
Important. Those won't give specifics, claiming some
kind of "proprietary information they cannot reveal" or
for some fear "of being made fun of" by naming details.

We wind up walking into a dense haze of pipe-dream
smoke generated by those folks, unable to see what
they actually did...which is the way they want it. They
like to cloud issues because that is the first step in
trying to sell themselves as something better than They
are. All that smoke is bad for them...and not too swift
for us, either.

Heil was "in a country at war." Wow!
Heil "worked with NASA." Wow!
Heil "didn't work with low-power tinker-toy radios." Wow!

Yawn.

I was in a country at war without even leaving the country.
True. World War 2, first years of the Korean War, the
Vietnam War, the first Gulf War, the second Gulf War.
No "battles in the boonies" where I lived, no "incoming,"
no "denied territory," no martial law. The United States
was AT WAR. Well, Congress declared (officially) War
directly only about WW2. :-)

I have "worked with NASA" as an employee of companies
that contracted with NASA (two of them, directly). Only
one of them did "rocket science." :-) Literally.
Rocketdyne built, builds, refurbishes the Space Shuttle
Main Engines (SSME) and I've been present at several
engine test firings...instrumented by wired and a few
radio telemetry links.

I have yet to see a "tinker-toy" radio in any form. Since
Tinker Toys were - in my childhood - all wood, therefore
quite good insulating material. I haven't heard of any
new state-of-the-art "non-conductor" electronics. Maybe
Lego will come up with metalized plastic Lego blocks?

At least none of my "towers" were damaged by any
wind storm...that includes some TV yagis circa 1949
in northern Illinois and my pole-mounted discone of
2007 in southern California (that wind storm damaged
my 35-year old garage door opener which required
replacing). Discone survived nicely, all precautions
for proper wind-loading foreseen...without guy wires.

73, Len AF6AY

AF6AY April 12th 07 07:24 PM

What Revolution?

From: Dave Heil on Wed, 11 Apr 2007 03:27:14 GMT
From: on 10 Apr 2007 03:56:54 -0700
wrote:
On Apr 7, 5:31 pm, wrote:
On Apr 3, 1:34?pm, "AF6AY" wrote:
On Mar 29, 6:24?pm, Dave Heil wrote a typical

Words and their meanings are important, Len. *Hot-ham-and-cheese wrote
"according to Heil..." except that it wasn't according to me at all.

* Somebody else writes your posts here?

would n't that be an improvement in most cases

WE will never know, Mark. :-)

You wrote that you obtained an Extra out of the box, but you keeping
trying to skip over the word "right". *You used it when you told us that
you were going for an "Extra right out the box."

* Tsk. *The phrase "Extra [right] Out Of The Box" is a colloquial
* amateur radio one referring to one who takes and passes ALL
* test elements in one exam session. *It was used BEFORE the
* 2000 US amateur radio Restructuring.

and given it was Your statement Len obviously you are the most unlike
one to know it means (unless we go deep Pych terms of terms

for myself I never doubted that assuming as occured we both lived long
enough to see the end of Code testing that I would see you in short
order as Ham and possible an extra given tha mount of BS in the
combined question sort the frew prevelegdes of the several classes I
did have some dout youd make in one test session

I was worng about that

Hey, no sweat, Mark. I didn't decide until February 17, 2007, seeing
a very local test session available on February 25; I was busy with
other things on Friday the 23rd. For me it was just "cram time"
just like college days or the impossible-to-do-in-assigned-time-
frame work assignments...download the QPs from www.ncvec.org,
do a bunch of on-line practice tests (all of passing grades).

The FCC license grant was legal on 7 March 2007, taking just two
days more than my First 'Phone grant of March 1956...back in
days when there was NO privatized testing and I had to go 90
miles into the Chicago FCC Field Office to take all four test
elements for that. While "airmail" was quick back then, there
wasn't any relatively-inexpensive "overnight delivery" services.

I surely did, Len, but not 24/7. *I maxed out at ten hours per day, six
days per week.

* Poor baby. *Was the service rough on you?

* In the US Army all are soldiers...those not on authorized leave
* are ON DUTY 24/7.

yep and likely to be wgo from sleeping to work in a mater of seconds

True, but veteran battle-hardened, "I was in a country AT war" Heil
won't comment on that. He "maxed-out" on only 10 hours per
day, poor baby. I once worked 34 hours at a stretch on an
emergency (military) transmitter repair, breaks only for meals
and nature calls. I've worked 16 to 18 hours at a stretch in
civilian jobs, fortunately not often. Thank you, but I'll take
retirement any day...and the freedom to tell the control freaks
to "up yours" when they get into "command mode." :-)

Heil won't say what his "AFSC" was "a country at war." He
probably is too "maxed out" to admit it? :-)

73, Len AF6AY