RadioBanter

-   -   The First 13 Days of the Revolution (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/116269-first-13-days-revolution.html)

[email protected] April 7th 07 02:40 AM

The First Month of the Revolution in USA Amateur Radio

On Apr 6, 3:34 pm, wrote:
On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 18:31:56 GMT, Dave Heil

From: on 5 Apr 2007 15:18:49 -0700

Ya know, He NEVER said anything about His military service
that could be pinned down to something substantial.

No, I don't believe I ever did. Now what?

you start to wonder why people don't like or believ you at this point

Disgruntled Vietnam Vet is a long, long time to carry a grudge. Kerry
may have him beat...

[email protected] April 7th 07 02:51 AM

From: John Smith I on Wed, 04 Apr 2007
06:17:11 -0700

Dave Heil snarled:

You aren't lopping off heads, Len. You're a beginner in amateur radio.
Trust me on this point: You'll get all the recognition you deserve.
Standing in the midst of genderless midgets, he IS bound to get
attention! 8-)

Careful, JS, you are speaking to Mister DeeEcks, formerly from
the Government! [here to help? nah...]

He WAS DX!

Like that is the "only" function a US amateur "must" have...
"working DX on HF with CW." :-)

As you've been advised repeatedly, the only person making such a claim
is Leonard H. Anderson, now a neophyte in amateur radio.

Dave K8MN

Dave, like it or not, I think you've just admitted that Len is an
ARO. Take another chug of branch water and everything will be
allright!

[email protected] April 7th 07 02:56 AM

The First Month of the Revolution in USA Amateur Radio

On Mar 30, 8:29 am, "KH6HZ" wrote:
"AF6AY" wrote:
Wow, a collitch instructor stating a sentence that ends with:
...accumulate 230k+QSOs that others accumulted here have."

What exactly is a "collitch" instructor?

You might want to ask one. I suggest a Hawaiin CG lecturer who loans
his PO Box to miscreants.

Is it one of those secret jobs only
"professional" radio people know about?

Is it?

[email protected] April 7th 07 02:57 AM

The First Month of the Revolution in USA Amateur Radio

On Mar 30, 1:45 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
"AF6AY" wrote:
"Collitch" refers to the English skills (or lack thereof) of some
instructor that writes "...that others accumulated here have."

I'm not aware of any "Collitch" (or, College, for that matter) instructors
who post here, Gramps.

Who might they be?

Would you be a liar?

AF6AY April 7th 07 05:37 AM

From: John Smith I on Wed, 04 Apr 2007
06:17:11 -0700

Dave Heil snarled:

You aren't lopping off heads, Len. *You're a beginner in amateur radio.
Trust me on this point: *You'll get all the recognition you deserve.
Standing in the midst of genderless midgets, he IS bound to get
attention! *8-)

* *Careful, JS, you are speaking to Mister DeeEcks, formerly from
* *the Government! *[here to help? *nah...]

* *He WAS DX!

* *Like that is the "only" function a US amateur "must" have...
* *"working DX on HF with CW." *:-)

As you've been advised repeatedly, the only person making such a claim
is Leonard H. Anderson, now a neophyte in amateur radio.

Dave K8MN

Dave, like it or not, I think you've just admitted that *Len is an
ARO. *Take another chug of branch water and everything will be
allright!

Tsk, Brian, there ain't NO booze, branch water, or aqvavit to
make Davey say such a thing without the adjective of
"neophyte," "beginner" or whatever he needs to PUT DOWN
OTHERS he no like! :-)

73, Len AF6AY [Extra Out Of The Box!]

Dave Heil April 7th 07 06:25 AM

AF6AY wrote:

Tsk, Brian, there ain't NO booze, branch water, or aqvavit to
make Davey say such a thing without the adjective of
"neophyte," "beginner" or whatever he needs to PUT DOWN
OTHERS he no like! :-)

I'm sorry that you don't like it, Len, but you are a beginner or
neophyte in amateur radio. You're just getting started. You're just
getting your feet wet.

Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it.

73, Len AF6AY [Extra Out Of The Box!]

...after a delay of seven long years. "Right out of the box"
never took place.

Dave K8MN

KH6HZ April 7th 07 10:51 AM

wrote:

"AF6AY" wrote:
"Collitch" refers to the English skills (or lack thereof) of some
instructor that writes "...that others accumulated here have."

I'm not aware of any "Collitch" (or, College, for that matter)
instructors
who post here, Gramps.

Who might they be?

Would you be a liar?

Nope. Unlike some other folks (like, say, someone who keeps claiming I had
12 club callsigns) my postings are always 100% factually correct.

KH6HZ April 7th 07 10:57 AM

wrote in message
What exactly is a "collitch" instructor?

You might want to ask one. I suggest a Hawaiin CG lecturer who loans
his PO Box to miscreants.

I do not know anyone in Hawaii who fits that bill. However, when I'm back in
Pataskala this July I can ask around and see if folk there know anyone in
the surrounding communities who does.

Not Dloyd April 7th 07 11:49 AM

"KH6HZ" wrote in message
wrote in message
What exactly is a "collitch" instructor?

You might want to ask one. I suggest a Hawaiin CG lecturer who loans
his PO Box to miscreants.

I do not know anyone in Hawaii who fits that bill. However, when I'm back

in
Pataskala this July I can ask around and see if folk there know anyone in
the surrounding communities who does.

Gee. Some folks refuse to let sleeping dogs alone. Perhaps they feel some
perverse sense of self gratification by dredging Old History into the front.

I wonder what would transpire should some of us expose the skeletons in
their closets?

The proverbial shoe would surely be less than comfy.

[email protected] April 7th 07 09:31 PM

What Revolution?

On Apr 3, 1:34�pm, "AF6AY" wrote:
On Mar 29, 6:24?pm, Dave Heil wrote a typical
warm, wonderful "welcome" message of:

Well, Len, you're just reaping what you've sown.

KH6HZ wrote:
"Dave Heil" wrote:

You're being disingenuous again, Leonard. ?I've stated that you are a
newcomer to *amateur* radio. Each time I've done so, you've tried to make
it appear that I've used the generic term "radio".

I think Grandpa Lennie is simply jealous of the fact that due to his waiting
54 years to get an amateur radio license...

It doesn't matter whether he's jealous or not, Mike. ?He can fill up his
years with getting on 75m and telling hams who have been in the game for
decades about his experiences at ADA in the 1950's.

* *Ah, but I DID have those experiences, proven by several
* *publicly-accessible references and documented
* *licenses. *:-)

Has anyone doubted that, Len?

* *Tsk, that seems to **** off some "club call" collectors
* *and civilian government service "careerists." * :-)

Is there something wrong with being in government service for a couple
of decades?

* *Does having been granted a Commercial radiotelephone
* *operator license 51 years ago NOT count? *

Count for what, Len?

What do you think it should count for, when the subject is amateur
radio?

Of course it
* *"doesn't count" sinc AMATEUR RADIO is the ONLY WAY
* *one can "get experience" according to the snipers and
* *general cat-callers.

Amateur radio is the only way to get *amateur radio* experience,
Len.

Do you think you know more about amateur radio than someone who has
been an active radio amateur for several decades?

-- and the fact that the actuarial
tables state he probably doesn't have 15 years left...

I don't intend to keep reminding him of his remaining time on the
planet. Any of us could easily go before Len does. ?All it takes is a
traffic accident (Roger Wiseman's death wish for me: failing brakes,
sharp curves, twisting road) or a sudden illness. ?The fact is that I've
already enjoyed 43 years in amateur radio.

* *Practice safe and defensive driving, Sir Heil.

* *I've enjoyed 54 years in MANY different radio services...and
* *51 years of those NOT paid for directly the US government.

And a couple of weeks as a licensed radio amateur. That makes you an
amateur radio neophyte, Len. A beginner, novice, newcomer, wet-behind-
the-ears tyro.Not that there's anything wrong with that.

-- he will be unable to
accumulate 230k+ QSOs that others accumulated here have.

If he gets busy and hones his skills, he could get it done. ?I made over
that number in my nearly sixteen years overseas though it wasn't really
that long since I was typically in the U.S. for two to three months
between assignments and usually burned a month or so of leave in the
U.S. or elsewhere each year. ?I've submitted nearly 30,000 QSOs to LOTW
but I still have years of contest logs from the paper logging days which
have yet to be entered into the computer logging database. ?It'd be nice
to have a half million or so QSOs logged before departure time.

* *I don't recall that U.S. government regulations REQUIRE
* *all that CONTACT collection. *[looking through Title 47
* *again...] *Nope, NOTHING in the regulations about that...

Doesn't matter.

* *So, nearly a quarter million [transitory] CONTACTS via
* *amateur radio. *What does that prove? *

1) Experience
2) Operating skill
3) A certain level of activity.

I suspect that you are jealous of K8MN, Len.

The capability of
* *making lots of [transitory] contacts? *Yes, but doing so
* *many is little more than accumulating some self-logged
* *contacts that take a relatively long time to ascertain.

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

* *There are collectors who have amassed great quantities
* *of pennies, string, and other items.

Not the same thing at all.

If Len Anderson wants to pretend that he is part of some revolution, let
him play.

* *Tsk, tsk, I *AM* part of the revolution... *:-)

What "revolution", Len?

It's been about six weeks since the rules change, and
there hasn't been any tremendous increase in the number
of new hams nor a huge number of upgrades. Yes, there
have been more than in previous months but it's hardly
enough to be a "revolution".

He'll unbox his JA transceiver, hook it to a vertical antenna
and have all the fun he is capable of having.

* *Already done. *:-)

Let's see...you bought some manufactured equipment,
put together a basic station, and made a few contacts
using voice modes like SSB and FM. How "revolutionary"
is that?

Nothing wrong with it as long as you follow the rules and
good *amateur radio* practice, but it's hardly a
revolution.

* *Marie, I know you want to give cake to the peasants, but
* *don't lose your head in excoriating them...

Are you one of the peasants, Len? You act more
like you are one of the arrogant nobility.

Jim, N2EY