RadioBanter

-   -   ARS License Numbers (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/26575-re-ars-license-numbers.html)

Dee D. Flint September 14th 04 01:46 PM

"whoever" whoever@wherever wrote in message
Is there a way to tell what class has the most vanity call signs? If I
had to bet, I would say the Tech, I wonder if they just want people to
think they have been hams a long time? I do understand a few have calls
that were their fathers, elmers, mothers, ect. Some even have calls that
are their initials, most of those start k7*** not N7*** , but most I
have asked and they say just cause?

Most of the people I know with vanity call signs got them because they
wanted a shorter call. All new Techs are issued 2x3 call signs as is anyone
who goes straight to General as their first license. Both Techs and
Generals are eligible for 1x3 calls. However sequentially assigned 1x3
calls were used up approximately 10 years ago. For a vanity call, one can
pick from calls no longer in use. The 1x3s beginning with N however are,
for the most part, generally still current as they weren't issued all that
long ago (10 to 15 years). Thus people wanting to change their call have
better luck looking at calls beginning with K or W.

NONE of the people that I know are trying to make anyone think they have
been a ham a long time. The just want a shorter call and are entitled to it
if they can find one available.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

William September 14th 04 11:33 PM

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
N2EY wrote:

btw, thinking of departed rrap folk, it occurred to me that I probably hold the
record for most rrapper's QSO'd. Anybody beat this list?:

K8MN
W4NTI
K0HB
AC6XG
K3LT
K4YZ
W3RV
W6RCA
W0EX
WA2SI

73 de Jim, N2EY

I think you have the record. I've worked four from the list and you.

Dave K8MN

You've worked me a couple of times.

N2EY September 15th 04 02:22 AM

In article , Gareeb
writes:

On 13 Sep 2004 10:10:08 GMT, PAMNO (N2EY) wrote:

In article ,
(Hans K0HB) writes:

Cecil is a grown boy (he's been licensed since even before Len was a
sojer), a free thinker, and not at all the type to be "dogged" into
doing something he doesn't want to by a bunch of twits on rrap.

Yep.

Also I'm not sure why you call him a *******. Most everyone here, on
both sides of the Morse question, respect him as a "stand up" sort of
guy who voices his views in reasoned language without resorting to
personal attacks.

He's the sort of person who does what he says he's going to do, which is

just
another example of how "stand up" guys act. He said he'd be there on 7037,

and
he was. More then once, too. He said Morse Code was his favorite fun mode,

and
he demonstrated that he does indeed use it and enjoy it.

73 de Jim, N2EY

I think Cecil was self-adulating crank but that is only my (most)
humble opinion.

I used to think that, but after a while I realized he was just a champion
leg-puller.

He certainly was not the genius he made himself out to
be but hey, no one who ever makes that claim is. No one who claims to
be in mensa ever really is.

I remember telling him something to the effect that if you have to *tell*
others that you're a genius, you ain't.

It's like comedy - the audience decides what's funny and what isn't, not the
would-be comedian.

73 de Jim, N2EY

William September 15th 04 03:18 AM

(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message ...

Being an idiot helps.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Looks like you've had numerous helpings.

Dave Heil September 15th 04 05:22 AM

William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
N2EY wrote:

btw, thinking of departed rrap folk, it occurred to me that I probably hold the
record for most rrapper's QSO'd. Anybody beat this list?:

K8MN
W4NTI
K0HB
AC6XG
K3LT
K4YZ
W3RV
W6RCA
W0EX
WA2SI

73 de Jim, N2EY

I think you have the record. I've worked four from the list and you.

Dave K8MN

You've worked me a couple of times.

I worked you as K8MN? Nope, not even on SSB. NIL.

Dave K8MN

William September 15th 04 11:46 AM

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
N2EY wrote:

btw, thinking of departed rrap folk, it occurred to me that I probably hold the
record for most rrapper's QSO'd. Anybody beat this list?:

K8MN
W4NTI
K0HB
AC6XG
K3LT
K4YZ
W3RV
W6RCA
W0EX
WA2SI

73 de Jim, N2EY

I think you have the record. I've worked four from the list and you.

Dave K8MN

You've worked me a couple of times.

I worked you as K8MN? Nope, not even on SSB. NIL.

Dave K8MN

Then it must have been another David Heil or a slim with the same name
and QSL manager. Sorry to have mentioned it.

William September 15th 04 12:09 PM

(Brian Kelly) wrote in message . com...
(William) wrote in message . com...
(Brian Kelly) wrote in message m...
(William) wrote in message . com...

I jumped in at that point and tossed out
a proposal for any and all RRAP lurkers able to do so to gather around
7.037 Mhz some night or another so that Cecil could firmy establish
the fact that he's CW-capable. Which he did and we did. In spades.

But, but, but...

you said that Cecil hisself triggered the net. Then you say you
proposed it.

Hmmmm?

We all know that you consistently manage to add two and two and
usually get seven something so I'll try again: Cecil was looking for a
40M CW contact with another RRAPer. Which is what TRIGGERED the
proposal for the gathering on 7037 that night.

That very night?

Cecil suffers a sort of palsy which makes using any sort of keying
widget difficult to operate so he uses a straight key. He showed up on
the freq during a nasty T-storm that nite but never missed a lick.

So you figger he was lying about the palsy or what?

Bilge. Typical mindless, transparent Burke duck the bullet maneuver.

Again.

Then why bring up his disability?

Net result has been a helluva lot of ongoing respect for Cecil's CW
and technical skills and doggedness amongst us PCTAs.

You don't make any sense at all. You dogged him for years for not
being a PCTA.

Hey Burke, treat yourself to a dictionary and find out what the
differences are between "dogedness" and "dogged". After, of course,
after you take remedial reading comprehension 101.

Again.

So his switching to the dark side had nothing to do with your dogging him.

Hi!

He switches and then he's Golden! with fond, fond memories posted
below.

Cecil didn't "switch" anything,

The hell he didn't. He resigned his NCI membership.

a bunch of us PCTAs worked Cecil, a
NCTA and a good time was had by all, nothing more, nothing less Burke.
Better luck the next time you you try to twist documented reality by
lying about it.

No lie. He became a Code Exam Advocate after you guys dogged him for years.

You guys dogged the poor ******* so much that he risked his property
and his life to prove that he was Morse Worthy.

You guys ought to be proud.

Actually yes we are.

Why am I not suprised?

Sorry you weren't there to join that exercise

No you're not.

Burke but we understand, you can't put up HF antennas because you have
kids. Slick excuse that one is, quite creative, blame your lack of
performance on yer kids.

w3rv

Where did that come from? You must be losing your mental faculties.

Besides, you got your sister to put up your antenna at your new house.

Dave Heil September 15th 04 04:04 PM

William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
N2EY wrote:

[...]

I do not and have not used a QSL manager for my operations as K8MN.

Dave K8MN

Len Over 21 September 15th 04 06:53 PM

In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

(William) wrote in message
.com...
(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,
(William) writes:

Cecil is off in other newsgroups. I'm sure he got sick and

tired
of the PCTA regulars in here. :-)

Welp, he tried to appease them by joining in one of their CW nets,

but
they still crapped on him. Then he joined them, but was so

distraught
by that action he left the group.

********
BULL**** you lying and utterly inconseqential Putzlet!!!
********

You really do need to pop for that tome on "recovering from assholism"
and read it as many times as it takes to get it's message.

Ah...another "civil discourse" PCTA extra heard from. :-)

Civil discourse is RAGING throughout the news group!

Heh. All they have is RAGE. :-)

The running of the bulls. Gore is the result.

Tell that to the Florida vote-counters. :-)

Think of this place as "PCTA Pampalona East" with all the bull
running loose...

Kellie seems to have roared after building up more steam in his
mighty catapult!

Tsk.

He should put a whistle on that steam valve.

Nah. We already heard his boiler blow up some while ago.

Amazing what a little tin whistle will do.

Isn't it tweet? :-)

Then there's the guy running around here with a little tin star.

The Sheriff of Nothing Ham.

"Show me your Papers!" Hi hi.

So, three years ago all of four CW-using-fans made a "net" after
arranging the contact time and frequency through the newsgroup?

Wow. Great "pioneering" of the airwaves...plus awarding "best of"
ratings for the four (or was it five?).

Yep goading an NCI member into operating during a thunderstorm. They
learned nothing from Ben Franklin.

Ben who? What was his call? Hi hi. :-)

4BEN

I heard of that Project...

He came along long before all of the K/W hoopla. Originated "spark."
I think he actually communicated with God. God told him to forget the
on/off keying scenario. Original Sin. We've been paying for it ever
since.

Did the "net" all with CW to show "CW isn't dead!" :-)

Well, that just goes to show everyone that ALL newbies on HF
MUST learn CW in order to be in company with Giants of the Air!

Marvelous "reasoning." Too much seasoning. A broth of frosh oar.

:-)

Len, go easy on them. It's all they know.

I AM being easy on them! :-)

I know, I know. But it's just so unfair. Try tying half of your
brain behind your back, or load up on Oxycotin.

I'll contact Canada for a refill...

Poor babies can't take return fire in here.

Like it or not, th[ie]'re going to get it.

They've gotten it...but don't realize their wounds are terminal.

PCTA extra Double Standard has to be invoked to "justify" (rationalize)
their position.

Expect more raging nastygrams from them PCTAs. :-)

All those nastygrams. Th[ie]'re probably running out of USMC Form 1.

"Form 1?"

Must have changed flightline procedure quite a bit since I last walked
a tarmac. :-)

Oops. I didn't stay on-topic of AMATEUR RADIO! The CAP might
pull a dawn raid on my residence! Or "steve and the boys" will
erect a burning ARRL logo on my front lawn...

Tsk.

.

William September 16th 04 03:40 AM

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
N2EY wrote:

[...]

Who is K8MN? I'm talking about David Heil. Ever heard of him? Does
he use a QSL Manager?