RadioBanter

-   -   ARS License Numbers (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/26575-re-ars-license-numbers.html)

Len Over 21 September 11th 04 08:02 PM

In article ,
(Hans K0HB) writes:

(William) wrote

You guys dogged the poor ******* so much that he risked his property
and his life to prove that he was Morse Worthy.

Awww, cry me a river, Brian!!!

Ah, a fan of old Marilyn Monroe pictures of the 1950s? :-)

Cecil is a grown boy (he's been licensed since even before Len was a
sojer), a free thinker, and not at all the type to be "dogged" into
doing something he doesn't want to by a bunch of twits on rrap.

Moore was licensed before 1952? Okay. Fine.

Hans became a sailor before 1952? Okay. Fine.

Tsk. "A bunch of twits on rrap!" Not a nice thing to say...specially
from someone who was on the "rrapnet." :-)

Also I'm not sure why you call him a *******. Most everyone here, on
both sides of the Morse question, respect him as a "stand up" sort of
guy who voices his views in reasoned language without resorting to
personal attacks.

Tsk. Not my take at all. "Most everyone in here" seemed absolutely
****ed that Cecil had made replies to their postings...not of the
opinion or content that they wanted to see! :-)

With the kindest of regards...in-kind...

Len Over 21 September 11th 04 08:02 PM

In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

(William) wrote in message
.com...
(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,
(William) writes:

Cecil is off in other newsgroups. I'm sure he got sick and tired
of the PCTA regulars in here. :-)

Welp, he tried to appease them by joining in one of their CW nets, but
they still crapped on him. Then he joined them, but was so distraught
by that action he left the group.

********
BULL**** you lying and utterly inconseqential Putzlet!!!
********

You really do need to pop for that tome on "recovering from assholism"
and read it as many times as it takes to get it's message.

Ah...another "civil discourse" PCTA extra heard from. :-)

Civil discourse is RAGING throughout the news group!

Heh. All they have is RAGE. :-)

Kellie seems to have roared after building up more steam in his
mighty catapult!

Tsk.

He should put a whistle on that steam valve.

Nah. We already heard his boiler blow up some while ago.

So, three years ago all of four CW-using-fans made a "net" after
arranging the contact time and frequency through the newsgroup?

Wow. Great "pioneering" of the airwaves...plus awarding "best of"
ratings for the four (or was it five?).

Yep goading an NCI member into operating during a thunderstorm. They
learned nothing from Ben Franklin.

Ben who? What was his call? Hi hi. :-)

Did the "net" all with CW to show "CW isn't dead!" :-)

Well, that just goes to show everyone that ALL newbies on HF
MUST learn CW in order to be in company with Giants of the Air!

Marvelous "reasoning." Too much seasoning. A broth of frosh oar.

:-)

Len, go easy on them. It's all they know.

I AM being easy on them! :-)

Poor babies can't take return fire in here.

PCTA extra Double Standard has to be invoked to "justify" (rationalize)
their position.

Expect more raging nastygrams from them PCTAs. :-)

KØHB September 11th 04 08:15 PM

"Len Over 21" wrote

Moore was licensed before 1952? Okay. Fine.

Yup.

Hans became a sailor before 1952? Okay. Fine.

Nope. Not this Hans. http://tinyurl.com/3dnws

With kindest personal regards,

de Hans, K0HB

N2EY September 12th 04 02:37 AM

Dave Heil wrote in message ...

How come there's a disagreement between Quitefine's numbers and
those on the www.hamdata.com site?

Feel free to ask "Quitefine" or the folks at www.hamdata.com.

Whoever "Quitefine" may be, he/she/they haven't posted any ARS license
numbers here.

I have, for some time now.

The difference between the license totals I post and those at
"hamdata" is this:

The hamdata numbers are the entire current database, including expired
licenses in the grace period, club licenses, RACES licenses, etc.

The numbers I post are only the currently active licenses held by
individuals. No clubs, no RACES, no expired-but-in-the-grace-period
licenses, etc.

These facts are all explained in the posts and on the website in
question.

Both sets of numbers are "right" as long as you keep in mind what they
include.

Just clarifying the facts.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Dave Heil September 12th 04 04:26 AM

N2EY wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...

[...]

I could have sworn that you'd explained all of that for Leonard's
benefit at least on a couple of previous occasions.

How could he have confused your postings of the license figures with
"Quitefine"?

Dave K8MN

N2EY September 12th 04 01:52 PM

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

N2EY wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message

[...]

More than a couple. Mr. Anderson sometimes has trouble with the interpretation
of facts. For example, he still has trouble with the fact that FCC has been
renewing Tech Pluses as Techs for 4-1/2 years....

He also seems to have a lot of trouble with recalling certain past events, like
when Cecil, W6RCA/W5DXP, participated in rrap and on the air.

For the record, in chronological order:

1) Cecil held W6RCA and worked for Intel
2) He retired from Intel and moved back to Texas, in part to care for aging
relatives
3) He participated in the 7037 get-together
4) He and I ran antenna tests on 40 CW, checking his vertical against his
all-band linear-tuner dipole
4) He got his old W5DXP call back

Somewhere in that sequence, he decided that rather than dropping the code test
completely, he was satisfied with 5 wpm. He resigned his NCI membership and
decreased his rrap participation to near-zero.

Mr. Anderson has it all mixed up, as usual. Not my problem, though.

How could he have confused your postings of the license figures with
"Quitefine"?

I don't know. Ask *him*.

---

btw, thinking of departed rrap folk, it occurred to me that I probably hold the
record for most rrapper's QSO'd. Anybody beat this list?:

K8MN
W4NTI
K0HB
AC6XG
K3LT
K4YZ
W3RV
W6RCA
W0EX
WA2SI

73 de Jim, N2EY

73 de Jim, N2EY

Steve Robeson K4CAP September 12th 04 02:53 PM

Subject: ARS License Numbers
From: Dave Heil
Date: 9/11/2004 10:26 PM Central Standard Time

N2EY wrote:

Just clarifying the facts.

I could have sworn that you'd explained all of that for Leonard's
benefit at least on a couple of previous occasions.

How could he have confused your postings of the license figures with
"Quitefine"?

Being an idiot helps.

73

Steve, K4YZ

N2EY September 13th 04 11:10 AM

In article , Gareeb
writes:

Come to think of it, it occurs to me that there may be a relationship
between aol'ers and those who can't learn code. Hmmmm....

Hmmmm....I use AOL, and I learned and use Morse Code.

N2EY September 13th 04 11:10 AM

In article ,
(Hans K0HB) writes:

Cecil is a grown boy (he's been licensed since even before Len was a
sojer), a free thinker, and not at all the type to be "dogged" into
doing something he doesn't want to by a bunch of twits on rrap.

Yep.

Also I'm not sure why you call him a *******. Most everyone here, on
both sides of the Morse question, respect him as a "stand up" sort of
guy who voices his views in reasoned language without resorting to
personal attacks.

He's the sort of person who does what he says he's going to do, which is just
another example of how "stand up" guys act. He said he'd be there on 7037, and
he was. More then once, too. He said Morse Code was his favorite fun mode, and
he demonstrated that he does indeed use it and enjoy it.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Dave Heil September 13th 04 08:53 PM

N2EY wrote:

btw, thinking of departed rrap folk, it occurred to me that I probably hold the
record for most rrapper's QSO'd. Anybody beat this list?:

K8MN
W4NTI
K0HB
AC6XG
K3LT
K4YZ
W3RV
W6RCA
W0EX
WA2SI

73 de Jim, N2EY

I think you have the record. I've worked four from the list and you.

Dave K8MN