RadioBanter

-   -   ARS License Numbers (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/26575-re-ars-license-numbers.html)

Len Over 21 September 10th 04 06:35 PM

In article , Gareeb
writes:

On 9 Sep 2004 19:04:03 -0700, (William) wrote:

Cecil is off in other newsgroups. I'm sure he got sick and tired
of the PCTA regulars in here. :-)

Welp, he tried to appease them by joining in one of their CW nets, but
they still crapped on him. Then he joined them, but was so distraught
by that action he left the group.

A fitting closure for this egocentric, confused, whining, alleged
(self-proclaimed) "genius" who was, by and large, the hemmeroid of
rrap, that is to say, a major pain in the ass sponsored by Intel corp.

"Gareeb" (another anonymouse) who wasn't here, wasn't there,
wasn't much of anywhere...seems to want to vent.

Poor baby.

"Gareeb" can't stand Cecil, wants to take swipes at Intel Corporation.

Why? Intel isn't any subject for AMATEUR policy discussion.

Cecil retired from Intel, his last corporate employer in a long career
of electronics industry work. Cecil has a number of patents granted
(more than the Katapult King) and is an independent thinker. Not a
whiny parody of those who wish to have CW as king and continue to
make U.S. amateur radio into the Archaic Radiotelegraphy Service.

Perhaps Paul Schleck ought to take a poll and establish the Archaic
Radiotelegraphy Service "policy" newsgroup...where all the
anonymousies can go and Vent all their bilge and bile to their heart's
content?

NO independent thinking to be allowed in this new Anonymousie
Policy newsgroup! All must slavishly follow The Old Man, worship
at the Church of St. Hiram, extoll the "virtues" of CW until the last
code key is pried out of cold, dead fingers.

Okay, Paul, where be you? :-)

William September 11th 04 01:14 AM

(Brian Kelly) wrote in message m...
(William) wrote in message . com...
(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(William) writes:

Cecil is off in other newsgroups. I'm sure he got sick and tired
of the PCTA regulars in here. :-)

Welp, he tried to appease them by joining in one of their CW nets, but
they still crapped on him. Then he joined them, but was so distraught
by that action he left the group.

********
BULL**** you lying and utterly inconseqential Putzlet!!!
********

I see that civil discourse is raging throughout RRAP. Hi, hi!

You really do need to pop for that tome on "recovering from assholism"
and read it as many times as it takes to get it's message.

As if . . !

As if you're still studying it.

It was Cecil himself who triggered the one-shot RRAP CW net in the
winter of 2001. Cecil posted that Larry Roll failed to show up for a
couple CW skeds they'd arranged since Larry had challenged Cecil's
claim to being CW conversant.

Cecil appeared to be an upstanding guy.

I jumped in at that point and tossed out
a proposal for any and all RRAP lurkers able to do so to gather around
7.037 Mhz some night or another so that Cecil could firmy establish
the fact that he's CW-capable. Which he did and we did. In spades.

But, but, but...

you said that Cecil hisself triggered the net. Then you say you
proposed it.

Hmmmm?

Cecil suffers a sort of palsy which makes using any sort of keying
widget difficult to operate so he uses a straight key. He showed up on
the freq during a nasty T-storm that nite but never missed a lick.

So you figger he was lying about the palsy or what?

Net result has been a helluva lot of ongoing respect for Cecil's CW
and technical skills and doggedness amongst us PCTAs.

You don't make any sense at all. You dogged him for years for not
being a PCTA.

He switches and then he's Golden! with fond, fond memories posted
below.

You ought to stand back and read what you just posted.

In refutation of your bull**** the following were posts tossed out by
some well-known hardcore RRAP PCTAs after that net happened.

- - - - -

At 1010PM EST Feb 27 W3RV called the first session of the RRAP CW
Net.

Checking in were;
W3RV Brian- NCS
W0EX Dick
AC6XG Jim
K0HB Hans
N2EY Jim
W6RCA Cecil

All signals were good in spite of considerable QRM and some QRN from
early spring thunderstorms in the South. Cecil W6RCA reported
thunderstorms in his area (southeast Texas), with sparks in the
hamshack! That had to be noisy, and risky too. Gutsy guy, our Cecil.
None of that for me!

Jim AC6XG initially was weak (549 here) and W6RCA wasn't able to copy
through the storm static, but the skip distance on 40 meters changed
and
his signals improved (to 569 here) and all stations made direct
contact
with each other.

The same band change caused N2EY and W3RV (both in E.Pa.) to shift
signal levels. Initially W3RV had been considerably stronger than N2EY
but changing band conditions nearly reversed their signal levels as
received in Missouri. That's a phenomena that occurrs on 40 meters
when
two close stations work a distant station and propagation shifts
occur.

Anyone who thinks that "CW is dead" should have heard the clamor
between 7035 and 7040, with a PACTOR signal occupying 7038-7040 for a
time. I wondered for awhile, before the announced time, whether or not
we would be able to find a free slot in the activity. Fortunately the
PACTOR station left the air and we took that frequency.

Hey Jones, why didn't you check in??? g

(Dick WØEX)
- - - - -

Nope, wasn't me tuning up on frequency.

I think we ought to make the net a regular event, 03:00 UTC WED (TUE
local) 7.038MHz (=/- QRM).

Best signal: W0EX

Best bug: N2EY

Best straight key: W6RCA

Cecil -- if your feedlines are sparking from an electrical storm, it's
time to evacuate the radio room! dit dit 73, de Hans,

K0HB

- - - -

"Brakob, Hans" wrote:

Nope, wasn't me tuning up on frequency.

I think we ought to make the net a regular event,
03:00 UTC WED (TUE local) 7.038MHz (=/- QRM).

The local ham group here meets one Tues night a month, otherwise I'm
in.

Best signal: W0EX

Tnx! I gess we had a pipeline, you were stoutest here as well. You win
the power prize, though. My Icom was barefoot.

Best bug: N2EY

Yes...

Best straight key: W6RCA

ditto

Cecil -- if your feedlines are sparking from an electrical storm,
it's time to evacuate the radio room!

Yep...I'm afraid I would have been AWOL and hust put up with the
flak...But it was good to work you, Cecil. Nice signal, too.

Dick

- - -

w3rv

You guys dogged the poor ******* so much that he risked his property
and his life to prove that he was Morse Worthy.

You guys ought to be proud.

William September 11th 04 01:23 AM

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

(William) wrote in message
.com...
(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,
(William) writes:

Cecil is off in other newsgroups. I'm sure he got sick and tired
of the PCTA regulars in here. :-)

Welp, he tried to appease them by joining in one of their CW nets, but
they still crapped on him. Then he joined them, but was so distraught
by that action he left the group.

********
BULL**** you lying and utterly inconseqential Putzlet!!!
********

You really do need to pop for that tome on "recovering from assholism"
and read it as many times as it takes to get it's message.

Ah...another "civil discourse" PCTA extra heard from. :-)

Civil discourse is RAGING throughout the news group!

Kellie seems to have roared after building up more steam in his
mighty catapult!

Tsk.

He should put a whistle on that steam valve.

So, three years ago all of four CW-using-fans made a "net" after
arranging the contact time and frequency through the newsgroup?

Wow. Great "pioneering" of the airwaves...plus awarding "best of"
ratings for the four (or was it five?).

Yep goading an NCI member into operating during a thunderstorm. They
learned nothing from Ben Franklin.

Did the "net" all with CW to show "CW isn't dead!" :-)

Well, that just goes to show everyone that ALL newbies on HF
MUST learn CW in order to be in company with Giants of the Air!

Marvelous "reasoning." Too much seasoning. A broth of frosh oar.

:-)

Len, go easy on them. It's all they know.

bb

William September 11th 04 01:59 AM

(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message ...
Subject: Pull a "Cecil?"
From:
(William)
Date: 9/8/2004 6:27 PM Central Standard Time
(Len Over 21) wrote in message

Independent thought is allowed in here, even cherished, as long
as the independency doesn't deviate from established norms of
olde-tyme hamme raddio. Their theme music might just as well
be "We all live in a brown sub-marine..." :-)

Maybe we should pull a Cecil, switch horses, and be part of the
in-crowd.

I wonder if Steve will still focus on male genitalia, homosexuality,
and pedophilia?

I certainly hope that that kind of thinking is his independent
thoughts and not a trait shared by all PCTA.

I guess your condoning of Lennie's "olde-tyme hamme" and "brown sub-marine"
comments are part of YOUR "civil discourse", Brain?

I don't recall commenting on it. Why?

And we've already proven who the gentalia focused pedophile-prone one is
here, Brain...

And it's NOT me...

Steve. K4YZ

Steve, you've just made an interesting statement. You do realize that
as a "medical professional" you are REQUIRED by law to report
cases of child abuse and child sexual abuse.

Also, you say "we've already proven..." Are you implicating others of
having knowledge of these crimes? You guys might want to get a
conference call going and decide who's in and who's out before
committing "them" to your situation.

There is a legal penality for not reporting what you know, what "we"
know.

Remember, you say that you have proof, so you must report. But
there are penalties for libel.

Best of Luck.

Gareeb September 11th 04 03:29 AM

On 10 Sep 2004 17:35:34 GMT, (Len Over 21) wrote:

In article , Gareeb
writes:

On 9 Sep 2004 19:04:03 -0700,
(William) wrote:

Cecil is off in other newsgroups. I'm sure he got sick and tired
of the PCTA regulars in here. :-)

Welp, he tried to appease them by joining in one of their CW nets, but
they still crapped on him. Then he joined them, but was so distraught
by that action he left the group.

A fitting closure for this egocentric, confused, whining, alleged
(self-proclaimed) "genius" who was, by and large, the hemmeroid of
rrap, that is to say, a major pain in the ass sponsored by Intel corp.

"Gareeb" (another anonymouse) who wasn't here, wasn't there,
wasn't much of anywhere...seems to want to vent.

Ha ha ha
, stick it where the sun don't shine you
old retired fool. I was here in 1995 which is way before you joined or
even knew about the existence of usenet (I think you first showed
your ugly face in 1997 when aol performed the ultimate insult to the
internet community by availing usenet available to its 'members', who
would otherwise have no clue as to how to get here). Cecil thought
quite highly of himself, all you had to do was ask him. Your greatest
accomplishment in life is 30 years of 1 years experience. I will say
that Cecil did have the intellect to learn code (or at least how to
pass the test), you can't even do that. Get out of my face aol'er. As
we used to say in those days, find a real ISP.

Come to think of it, it occurs to me that there may be a relationship
between aol'ers and those who can't learn code. Hmmmm....

Dave Heil September 11th 04 05:51 AM

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

What can I say about your typical behavior here except to ask:
"are you having too much fun peeing in the pool?"
--Leonard H. Anderson

Tsk. You still haven't answered any questions.

Too hard for you? :-)

Double Tsk. You still haven't passed an amateur radio exam at any
level.
Too hard for you? :-)

How come there's a disagreement between Quitefine's numbers and
those on the www.hamdata.com site?

Feel free to ask "Quitefine" or the folks at www.hamdata.com.

[the thread subject is "ARS License Numbers"]

Would you really like me to go back through google and come up with the
total number of your posts to the thread which are on topic?

No doubt Quitefine MUST jump in here to "defend his honor" or
whatever he thinks makes him always right... :-)

Are you speaking from experience, Lennie boy? :-)

Dave K8MN

Hans K0HB September 11th 04 05:22 PM

(William) wrote

You guys dogged the poor ******* so much that he risked his property
and his life to prove that he was Morse Worthy.

Awww, cry me a river, Brian!!!

Cecil is a grown boy (he's been licensed since even before Len was a
sojer), a free thinker, and not at all the type to be "dogged" into
doing something he doesn't want to by a bunch of twits on rrap.

Also I'm not sure why you call him a *******. Most everyone here, on
both sides of the Morse question, respect him as a "stand up" sort of
guy who voices his views in reasoned language without resorting to
personal attacks.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Gareeb September 11th 04 05:57 PM

On 11 Sep 2004 09:22:17 -0700, (Hans K0HB)
wrote:

Cecil is a grown boy (he's been licensed since even before Len was a
sojer), a free thinker, and not at all the type to be "dogged" into
doing something he doesn't want to by a bunch of twits on rrap.

Since you are on rrap, that would make you a twit as well?

KØHB September 11th 04 06:06 PM

"Gareeb" wrote

Cecil is a grown boy (he's been licensed since even before Len was a
sojer), a free thinker, and not at all the type to be "dogged" into
doing something he doesn't want to by a bunch of twits on rrap.

Since you are on rrap, that would make you a twit as well?

Yup, pretty much all of us, and especially anonymous twits like you.

Sunuvagun!

With kindest personal regards,

de Hans, K0HB

Gareeb September 11th 04 07:15 PM

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 17:06:58 GMT, "KØHB"
wrote:

"Gareeb" wrote

Cecil is a grown boy (he's been licensed since even before Len was a
sojer), a free thinker, and not at all the type to be "dogged" into
doing something he doesn't want to by a bunch of twits on rrap.

Since you are on rrap, that would make you a twit as well?

Yup, pretty much all of us, and especially anonymous twits like you.

Ok, so we are all twits except for your man Cecil (I would assume you
are implying that Cecil was not a twit). Is this because he could not
be dogged? Or is it because he was a grown boy (understatement of the
years based on pictures I have seen, especially in terms of abdominal
growth).

Your friend in kindness,

Gareeb