Old May 4th 04, 11:25 AM
William

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message link.net...
"Alun" wrote in message

big snip

You know what, though, you are the lid.

Alun, N3KIP

And I think your a lid. Now what?

Dan/W4NTI

An impasse?

Doesn't have to be. I'll go with Alun on this one.
Old May 4th 04, 11:03 PM
garigue

You know what, though, you are the lid.

Alun, N3KIP

And I think your a lid. Now what?

Dan/W4NTI

Gentlemen ....gentlemen ......I think this can be solved in a civilized
manner ......What we need is a Texas Death Match. I would add a cage of
barbed wire (non-resonate) of course with the key to the locked door
suspended by 20 feet of ladder line above the center of the mat. There
would of course be allowed one foreign object per contestant. Dan my choice
for you would be a vintage Vibroplex bug attached to a 4 foot length of
quarter inch cable. Alun you of course would have to use the same cable set
up but with a D-104 at the end. We would let Alun fill the 104 with lead
shot to even things up. The winner would be presented with the World No Lid
Belt. Ya know this would probably be a lot more interesting than most
contests I have been involved with over the years.

Take care guys .....remember peace in the valley ..... Tom KI3R

Old May 5th 04, 06:44 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"garigue" wrote in message

[...]

I like that Tom.....I have both the key and the Mic. I'll let the lid
provide the cage.

Dan/W4NTI

Old May 5th 04, 08:56 PM
Alun

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in news:HJ9mc.5721
:

"garigue" wrote in message

[...]

I already hold the moral high ground. Dan is on record as saying phone ops
are lids, and I have not expressed any similar opinion re CW ops, only re
him. By my reckoning I have already won.

Alun, N3KIP

Old May 5th 04, 10:50 PM
Dan/W4NTI

:

"garigue" wrote in message

[...]

A good CW operator could out operate a phone operator with less power, less
equipment, and worse propagation.

Dan/W4NTI

Old May 6th 04, 11:18 PM
Dan/W4NTI

A good CW operator could out operate a phone operator with less power,
less equipment, and worse propagation.

Dan/W4NTI

A good operator (CW or any other kind) wouldn't say "(insert mode here)
operators are lids".

Again Alun you are not qualified to judge. Since you are only half a ham.
You have no experience to enable you able to judge anything about CW. You
need to just admit that before you have the whole USENET laughing at your
ignorance on the subject.

Dan/W4NTI

Old May 7th 04, 08:07 AM
Alun

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in
ink.net:

A good CW operator could out operate a phone operator with less
power, less equipment, and worse propagation.

Dan/W4NTI

A good operator (CW or any other kind) wouldn't say "(insert mode
here) operators are lids".

Again Alun you are not qualified to judge. Since you are only half a
ham. You have no experience to enable you able to judge anything about
CW. You need to just admit that before you have the whole USENET
laughing at your ignorance on the subject.

Dan/W4NTI

Dan, you are not only a lid, you lack even the rudiments of logical
reasoning. I was _not_ judging anything about CW. I don't even care to do
so. What I was saying, since you evidently fail to understand, is that
anyone who says that users of a particular mode are lids just because they
use or prefer that mode is not a considerate person, i.e. you aren't.

There is a valid place for each mode that we use in the amateur service,
and if anyone wants to do all of their operating using one mode, whether it
be CW, or slow-scan, or PSK, or SSB, they should be left in peace and not
maligned by the likes of you. IMO none of them should be labelled as 'half
a ham'. What should we count you as? One quarter of a ham? One eighth?