Old June 28th 05, 10:26 PM
Jim Hampton

"Sparks" wrote in message
Oh my, yet another version of the "Hans Is A Radio Hero" story.
Down at the Legion, they have at least five or six different
versions of the story, with the best versions being told after several
shot 'n beers are consumed by the grand story teller.
Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwn, why do old men never tire of telling
borrrrrrrrrrrrrring embellished war stories?

73,

Sparks

Hardly embellished; Hans has his citation.

What, might I gently ask, have you done for this country? One doesn't
progress beyond E-7 by being a bullsh*t artist, you know .... )

Perhaps you'd care to share your expertise in communications.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Old June 28th 05, 11:53 PM
an_old_friend

Jim Hampton wrote:
"Sparks" wrote in message
Oh my, yet another version of the "Hans Is A Radio Hero" story.
Down at the Legion, they have at least five or six different
versions of the story, with the best versions being told after several
shot 'n beers are consumed by the grand story teller.
Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwn, why do old men never tire of telling
borrrrrrrrrrrrrring embellished war stories?

73,

Sparks

Hardly embellished; Hans has his citation.

What, might I gently ask, have you done for this country? One doesn't
progress beyond E-7 by being a bullsh*t artist, you know .... )

Really Most miliatry promotion, indeed most promotions in Government
and private industry is some form of politics.

Bull**** well spun get some people very far indeed Clinton for example.

Old June 29th 05, 01:16 AM
Jim Hampton

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

Jim Hampton wrote:
"Sparks" wrote in message
[...]

That may figure into it, but I was there and Hans did provide the
communications. Anyone can spin any way they wish, but it won't affect me.
I know. I was there.

Bull**** well spun .... well, I can still QLF faster than a lot of folks can
copy .... )

Not that this is terribly important. I always enjoy hearing the folks with
the naysaying. It cost my former employer fairly big time. Sigh ... you'd
think that they would have understood when I did a project 25 years ago ....
well, I did the thing again and when the plant was going to close, I simply
kept it to myself. No big deal as I developed it on my time on my computer
on my legal software at home )

The problem is that if this situation is repeated many tens of thousands of
times, it could be a possible problem. It may well be; I don't concern
myself with that. I worry about folks that worry about others. To the
selfish, I have no obligation.

You do remind me, however, that I should finish the thing and offer it to a
Japanese outfit for $1.00 since everyone at the former employer wanted to
steal everything from me. Two $25.00 Wegman's certificates for the code I
wrote to generate printer legends? And they put it on the Mexican lines?
And not on the American lines? Code I largely wrote at home?

I did have to laugh, however. One time I showed them how to shave over 1/2
second off cycle times (and improved that by another .7 second with
mechanical adjustments - no increase in mechanical speed) and they went and
tried to apply it to several other machines. They spent tens of thousands -
only to get little or no improvement. I could have told them that, but I
guess the young and anxious can win the arguements.

However, age and treachery will win in the end ))

Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride LOL.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Old June 29th 05, 09:21 AM
K4YZ

an_old_friend wrote:
Jim Hampton wrote:

Hardly embellished; Hans has his citation.

What, might I gently ask, have you done for this country? One doesn't
progress beyond E-7 by being a bullsh*t artist, you know .... )

Really Most miliatry promotion, indeed most promotions in Government
and private industry is some form of politics.

BBWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
! ! ! ! ! ! !

Spoken like a true gay pagan draftee chemical corps officer, Mark!

Having been promoted six times in the Marines, I can tell you
that, at least for Enlisted personnel in that service, politics has
NOTHING to do with it.

Bull#### well spun get some people very far indeed Clinton for example.

That's because ALL Clinton was was a politician, so WHAT did you
expect?

Perhaps you'd care to share your expertise in communications.

You really ought to go back to 98 and later and read some of
Markie's stuff, Jim! What a HOOT!

Steve, K4YZ

Old June 29th 05, 05:09 PM
an_old_friend

K4YZ wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:
Jim Hampton wrote:

Hardly embellished; Hans has his citation.

What, might I gently ask, have you done for this country? One doesn't
progress beyond E-7 by being a bullsh*t artist, you know .... )

Really Most miliatry promotion, indeed most promotions in Government
and private industry is some form of politics.

BBWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
! ! ! ! ! ! !

Spoken like a true gay pagan draftee chemical corps officer, Mark!

again with your genitla fixation and your mocking of my relingion as
well your Langage Nazi routinue

Having been promoted six times in the Marines, I can tell you
that, at least for Enlisted personnel in that service, politics has
NOTHING to do with it.

No it shows you were playing the political game without even being
bright enough to know you were doing it

Bull#### well spun get some people very far indeed Clinton for example.

That's because ALL Clinton was was a politician, so WHAT did you
expect?

The results obtained

I try but i'll guess these of Omar Bradley (placed in his mouth in
movie which he took part in making) words are not enough to convince,
"I am afraid being a good soldier doesn't mean a thing. we have to be
politcials, adminatraor you name it"

Perhaps you'd care to share your expertise in communications.

You really ought to go back to 98 and later and read some of
Markie's stuff, Jim! What a HOOT!

GIGO

your point?

Steve, K4YZ

Old June 30th 05, 04:50 AM
bb

K4YZ wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:
Jim Hampton wrote:

Hardly embellished; Hans has his citation.

What, might I gently ask, have you done for this country? One doesn't
progress beyond E-7 by being a bullsh*t artist, you know .... )

Really Most miliatry promotion, indeed most promotions in Government
and private industry is some form of politics.

BBWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
! ! ! ! ! ! !

Spoken like a true gay pagan draftee chemical corps officer, Mark!

Having been promoted six times in the Marines,

Hi! Making that same chevron again and again doesn't count.

I can tell you
that, at least for Enlisted personnel in that service, politics has
NOTHING to do with it.

Above E-7? Up to E-7 you can get by on decent performance and fitness
reports, awards and decs, and TIS/TIG.

But beyond E-7, you need an O-6+ benefactor.

Bull#### well spun get some people very far indeed Clinton for example.

That's because ALL Clinton was was a politician, so WHAT did you
expect?

Perhaps you'd care to share your expertise in communications.

You really ought to go back to 98 and later and read some of
Markie's stuff, Jim! What a HOOT!

Steve, K4YZ

Robber's Son hootiness began on day one and continues to this very day.

Old June 30th 05, 04:58 AM
KØHB

"bb" wrote

But beyond E-7, you need an O-6+ benefactor.

Maybe in the Air Farce. In the military services you advanced based on your
professional performance, demonstrated leadership record, test scores, and
breadth of experience. WTF is a "benefactor"?

73, de Hans, K0HB
(E9 at 17 years TIS, 3 years TIG)

Old June 30th 05, 11:03 AM
K4YZ

an_old_friend wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:
Jim Hampton wrote:

Hardly embellished; Hans has his citation.

What, might I gently ask, have you done for this country? One doesn't
progress beyond E-7 by being a bullsh*t artist, you know .... )

Really Most miliatry promotion, indeed most promotions in Government
and private industry is some form of politics.

BWHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Spoken like a true gay pagan draftee chemical corps officer, Mark!

again with your genitla fixation and your mocking of my relingion as
well your Langage Nazi routinue

There's no "genitalia fixation" or mocking of your "relingion",
Mark.

Did you not say you participatre in sex with men?

Did you not say you are pagan?

Did you not say you were allegedly drafted into the Army, then
forcibly commissioned into the "chemical corps"...?!?!

Your words, Markie...not mine...

Having been promoted six times in the Marines, I can tell you
that, at least for Enlisted personnel in that service, politics has
NOTHING to do with it.

No it shows you were playing the political game without even being
bright enough to know you were doing it

No...It shows I was doing my job in a professional and military
manner.

Bull#### well spun get some people very far indeed Clinton for example.

That's because ALL Clinton was was a politician, so WHAT did you
expect?

The results obtained

I try but i'll guess these of Omar Bradley (placed in his mouth in
movie which he took part in making) words are not enough to convince,
"I am afraid being a good soldier doesn't mean a thing. we have to be
politcials, adminatraor you name it"

That's fine for flag rank officers, Markie.

I was not one.

Perhaps you'd care to share your expertise in communications.

You really ought to go back to 98 and later and read some of
Markie's stuff, Jim! What a HOOT!

GIGO

your point?

"GIGO" is about right...Nothing but "garbage out" from Mark
Morgan.

THAT was my point, and you do so well substantiating it for me.

Steve, K4YZ

Old June 30th 05, 11:10 AM
K4YZ

bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:
Jim Hampton wrote:

Hardly embellished; Hans has his citation.

What, might I gently ask, have you done for this country? One doesn't
progress beyond E-7 by being a bullsh*t artist, you know .... )

Really Most miliatry promotion, indeed most promotions in Government
and private industry is some form of politics.

BBWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
! ! ! ! ! ! !

Spoken like a true gay pagan draftee chemical corps officer, Mark!

Having been promoted six times in the Marines,

Making that same chevron again and again doesn't count.

More deceitfulness, Brain.

Why do you lie so prolifically?

I can tell you
that, at least for Enlisted personnel in that service, politics has
NOTHING to do with it.

Above E-7? Up to E-7 you can get by on decent performance and fitness
reports, awards and decs, and TIS/TIG.

But beyond E-7, you need an O-6+ benefactor.

You mean you need to be a suck-up, don't you, Brain?

Perhaps in the Weather Service of the Blue Crew, but USMC and USN
promotion citeria is very specific.

Bull#### well spun get some people very far indeed Clinton for example.

That's because ALL Clinton was was a politician, so WHAT did you
expect?

Perhaps you'd care to share your expertise in communications.

You really ought to go back to 98 and later and read some of
Markie's stuff, Jim! What a HOOT!

Steve, K4YZ

Robber's Son hootiness began on day one and continues to this very day.

You misrepresent the character of a deceased honest man.

Why do you do that, Brain? (Sheesh..now I AM "losing it"...I'm
asking a pathological liar why he's lying...Get me beer, someone!)

Steve, K4YZ