Old December 15th 05, 02:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Definitely Not Qualified

KØHB wrote:
wrote

WE see NO DD-214 image from Dudly. Where is it?

We see none from you, Brian, or me either. Maybe we're all imposters?

Even more preposterious, we were all in seven hostile actions together
and met at the USO Show wherewe were entertained by Quitefine and
Darkguard "performing in other ways." Then we all retired over two
years early.

No wonder we haven't posted our 214's. Hi!

Old December 15th 05, 03:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Frank Gilliland

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 01:15:43 GMT, "KØHB"
wrote in et:

wrote

WE see NO DD-214 image from Dudly. Where is it?

We see none from you, Brian, or me either. Maybe we're all imposters?

Sunuvagun!

de Hans, K0HB

I haven't been in the group for very long but I haven't seen any
reason to question your claim of military service. Dudly, OTOH, has
provided -many- reasons to doubt his USMC 'career', and now also his
EMT 'career'.

But you -have- provided a reason to question -your- interest in this
discussion: Why, after declaring that you are not going to get drawn
into this "game", do you continue to poke your beak into it? Did you
also lie about your military service? Or are you jealous of all the
attention Dudly is getting? Or trying to draw some fire away from a
fellow nacho-cheese addict? Or just trying to shake your seasonal
depression by starting a newsgroup skirmish?

Old December 15th 05, 03:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default More Real Estate Follies

From: on Dec 12, 3:34 pm

From: on Dec 11, 8:08 pm
wrote:
K0HB wrote:
"Dee Flint" wrote

That's what makes the IARU an attractive vehicle. While no individual pays
memberships dues in IARU, all hams are defacto members of IARU because each
country has a representative who represents ALL hams in their jurisdiction
independent of whether they are members of the national "club" like ARRL, RAC,
RSGB, DARC, JARL, or whatever.

But there's a big problem there....see below

You always know better than everyone else. See below.

Tsk, we've seen it many, many times... :-(

So much so that it's predictable. ;^)

Heh heh heh.

(profile)

But do the actual users get a real voice? Do I get to vote on the bandplan for
bands I use? Do I even get to elect the representative who does?

Didn't Carl attend the last ITU meeting? Didn't the ARRL attend?
Didn't the FCC attend?

How much representation do you need, Jim?

Himself in the Chairman's chair?

Maybe they should send FISTS to the meeting.

...the man with the Golden Glove...

Flying Fickle Finger of Fate.

Or will the bandplans be decided upon by folks whom are even less beholden to
"the users" than the FCC?

Benevolent King Jim will rule intelligently and fairly.

[as long as he gets his way...]

He says he's not a King, but with one sweep of his hand, Amateur Radio
would be stagnant for the next 38 years.

In the 1930's that certainly would have been an impediment. But 75 years later
in 2005, give me a list of 100 IARU representatives and within the next hour I
can establish a secure and private "meeting room" on the internet where they can
hold their allocation meetings, hammer out their agreements, and publish the
bandplan on a global basis before halftime of Monday Night Football.

And here's the problem:

Let me sit down and pour a stiff drink.

I think I'll join you in that since Hans had to jump in and CORRECT
a "relationship" of ITU and IARU where the ITU was brought up by
yourself only in a passing remark and not dwelled on... :-(

Some just need more representation than others.

...and I slip a note to Hans suggesting he change the "hour" to "24
hours" to accommodate the international time zones of the IARU...

There are three ITU regions, so the clock divided by three leaves each
region with an 8 hour window of opportunity, though it may take Hans
only one hour to setup the conf. call.

I don't know that "conference calls" are needed either. With
tossing
e-mail back and forth, it wouldn't take longer than a week and
nobody
has to physically travel to an in-person meeting...nor pay any per
diem.

Perfect. Hammer out the details on Coslo's BBS.

If tried in an 8-hour period that leaves out 16 hours for two-thirds
of the globe. Nobody gonna get "friendly" if they have to be up
between 11 PM through 7 AM the next day LOCALLY.

Hans better get the coffee going in the Geedunk.

Does each member country get one vote? If so, that puts the USA, with its
661,000+ amateurs, at the same voting level as a country with a few dozen
amateurs. A coalition of small countries with a handful of amateurs could
dictate the bandplan for whole region.

Oh, my. I hope that the US hams have treated "thier" neighbor hams
kindly.

If King Jim has so decreed, they have. Meanwhile there's a large
crowd who've just dropped the drawbridge and are storming the
castle. King Jim may have to abdicate to a simple white "throne."

Certainly he can "serve" in his own Kingdom?

Yes, but his "kingdom" will have shrunk fantastically in population.

A desireable outcome in his kingdom?

If not, the USA's enormous amateur population makes us the
de-facto 800 pound gorilla in the region.

Can't we all just get along?

King Kong made it to the top of the Empire State building, then
had a big fall. You might say Kong "went ape" when he couldn't
get what he wanted.

I thought he wanted the pretty girl?

So does King Jim. Maybe if he shaves all over...?

Remember, we're talking King Kong, so nowhere have we used a
diminuitive.

Helluva big disposal problem for NYC. The same for the fantasies
of all those morsemen who want their private little playground
at the expense of others. Well, those guys are biodegradeable
also...

No sharing of spectrum?

Not for the elite morsemen extras.

Friendly bunch.

In either case, the IARU member society for the USA is...the ARRL.

Which is why it's so important to keep movers and shakers like Carl out
of the organization's management.

God rest ye, league gentlemen, let nothing you dismay...

I suspect that Carl will "serve in other ways."

;^))

He already is and has...with the pros.

Yup. But I think his days of serving the amateur community are far
from over.

Oooops, I said a nasty in this group of morsemen...!

Old December 15th 05, 03:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

KØHB wrote:
wrote

Didn't Carl attend the last ITU meeting? Didn't the ARRL attend?
Didn't the FCC attend?

Who cares? We aren't talking about ITU. We're talking about IARU. They're
unrelated entities.

Beep beep
de Hans, K0HB

Do you really believe that?

Old December 15th 05, 03:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
KØHB

"Frank Gilliland" wrote

But you -have- provided a reason to question -your- interest in this
discussion: Why, after declaring that you are not going to get drawn
into this "game", do you continue to poke your beak into it?

Because it's so much fun to watch you and Len twitch and snarl when I jerk that
chain.

Next question?

Beep beep
de Hans, K0HB

Old December 15th 05, 03:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Frank Gilliland

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 03:22:23 GMT, "KØHB"
wrote in . net:

"Frank Gilliland" wrote

But you -have- provided a reason to question -your- interest in this
discussion: Why, after declaring that you are not going to get drawn
into this "game", do you continue to poke your beak into it?

Because it's so much fun to watch you and Len twitch and snarl when I jerk that
chain.

You do know there are some very effecive treatments for SADD these
days, don't you?

Next question?

I'll wait until Spring.

Old December 15th 05, 03:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
KØHB

wrote

Do you really believe that?

Gee, do ya think that the ITU is a member of the IARU?

Beep beep
de Hans, K0HB

Old December 15th 05, 03:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Lloyd's Pizza Pub

Hey Hans,
have you decided if you are going to wear your uniform
to the Legion Christmas party yet?

Old December 15th 05, 04:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
KØHB

"Lloyd's Pizza Pub" wrote in message
Hey Hans,
have you decided if you are going to wear your uniform
to the Legion Christmas party yet?

Only if your Mama does lap dances like she did at last years party.