Old December 16th 05, 11:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
KØHB

Default Definitely Not Qualified

wrote

...and it give you a chance to relate your "hotshot CW
op" stories all about how good you were with morsemanship
as radio hero of some fleet or other IN the Persian Gulf area.

Gee, and here I thought your struggle was all about the morse TEST, but turns
out you don't like to hear about morse operating either, huh!

Hey, why don't you take down your "bragging rights"
certificate as one of the senior morse hot shots and digitize
it, make it available to all of us to see and admire and gush over?

Already did that, but since you seem to be binary-impaired here, check your
email inbox.

Beep beep
de Hans, K0HB

Old December 17th 05, 12:42 AM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by

My DD-214 copy is recorded with the County Recorder
of Winnebago, Illinois, something I did in 1956 as a resident
there at the time. shrug
You should obtain a copy, frame it properly, and present it to management down at Roseta's pool hall, to be displayed when you do your monthly recital of "The Legend of ADA".

The Man in the Maze
QRU at Baboquivari Peak
Old December 17th 05, 04:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: "K0HB" on Fri, Dec 16 2005 3:14 pm

wrote

[the expression is "Game. Set. Match." Hans...from tennis]

This is rec.radio.tennis.policy? Don't think so.

This is morse.code.uber.alles.policy?

This is old.sea.horses.beeping.policy?

This is rime.of.ancient.mariner.policy? [not "rhyme" Jimmie]

Don't think so.

Set. Match. FIRE!

(Don't yell "fire" in a crowded newsgripe!)

Tsk, you got it WRONG again! It is -

Don't yell THEATER in a crowded firehouse.

applause

Old December 17th 05, 04:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: "K0HB" on Fri, Dec 16 2005 3:15 pm

wrote

...and it give you a chance to relate your "hotshot CW
op" stories all about how good you were with morsemanship
as radio hero of some fleet or other IN the Persian Gulf area.

Gee, and here I thought your struggle was all about the morse TEST, but turns
out you don't like to hear about morse operating either, huh!

Surprise, surprise, Gomer! :-)

Does the morse code TEST involve old sea dog legends?

I don't think so.

1964 was 41 years ago, Hans. By then I'd already had my
Honorable Discharge for 4 years and had been working on Ku
Band monopulse radar sets and test sets for same. For the
first of the Grumman Intruders (A-6?) in the USN. DoD
contract. All solid state except for the klystron RF
generator in the hand-held RF unit.

Hey, why don't you take down your "bragging rights"
certificate as one of the senior morse hot shots and digitize
it, make it available to all of us to see and admire and gush over?

Already did that, but since you seem to be binary-impaired here, check your
email inbox.

Yes, UNSOLICITED private mail received.

It's a good thing there was no "male nudity" involved...Jimmie
would have been very upset...Dudly might have tried to put up
another private home page, this time maybe entitled "Don't Trust
Hans Brakob, Master Grief!" :-)

BTW, I am NOT "binary-impaired." Google put the locks on binary
attachments, not me or my computer(s). Had AOL still provided
newsgroup forwarding, binary attachments would still have been
locked out. That's just the way it is...

Maybe you have an old SP brassard you can put on and police
Google, read them the Articles of the UCMJ?

Old December 17th 05, 04:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: on Dec 16, 3:41 pm

wrote:

Sorry, but the last REAL SERVING IN THE MILITARY President
was James Earle Carter, USN,

His middle name is spelled "Earl". Not "Earle".

Can't you get anyhting right? ;-)

"Anyhting?"

Go to: http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq60-14.htm

You WILL find that it is EARLE with an ending E, just like
his father spelled it.

Also in Wikipedia, a couple of Almanacs, etc.

Spelling isn't rocket science, Len :-)

That's true, Jimmie.

I've worked WITH rocket scientists (and engineers) at
Rocketdyne Division of (then) Rockwell International
(now a Division of Boeing who purchased them a few
years ago).

Have you worked WITH rocket scientists, Jimmie?

Have you ever been a part of an SSME (Space Shuttle Main
Engine) test firing to test LOX flow instrumentation?
I have. Up on "Coca Site" of the Santa Susannah Field
Test Laboratories in the mountains between Los Angeles
and Ventura Counties.

Have you worked IN the space business, Jimmie?

Have you helped "reach the threshold of space" with a
ham balloon?

and George Herbert Walker Bush,
USNR, and Gerald Rudolph Ford, USNR. [living that is]

Our current President served as an F-102 pilot in the Texas Air
National Guard.

I thought I wrote that? Do you know what an F-102 is,
Jimmie?

Do you know the difference between it and an F-106, Jimmie?

I've had my hands inside both of them at Hughes Aircraft
Company field in Culver City, CA. Took part in testing of
the MA-1 fire control system for the F-106, initially using
the F-102 as a test bed. That was in 1958-1960. MA-1 was
the first - and probably last - vacuum tube based digital
computer airborne fire-control system. Interesting stuff
to know what that MA-1 could do...

See: http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/gwbbio.html

Does that service not count for you, Len?

Not particularly. Dubya was never activated from the Air
Guard during a war time, Jimmie.

None of them had any direct contact with amateur radio.

How do you know for sure, Len?

If they did, QST would have had an orgasmic issue
special! :-)

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old December 17th 05, 05:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: "K0HB" on Fri, Dec 16 2005 11:11 pm

wrote

Doesn't Hans realize that Dud is NOT showing a
good face of U.S. amateur radio to the public?

I'm not assigned Shore Patrol duty, so couldn't care less about
conduct-unbecoming-an-amateur. Not in my job description.

Hans doesn't believe in U.S. amateur radio being "self-
regulating?" Ach, zo!

Maybe Len has an old
MP brassard could patrol for good faces here?

Nope. I only worked WITH the CID at Camp Drake, not with
the MP detachment there.

As you were...

Old December 17th 05, 05:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
KØHB

wrote

Hans doesn't believe in U.S. amateur radio being "self-
regulating?" Ach, zo!

This is amateur radio? I thought it was rec.amateur.tennis.policy! Silly me!

Ach, ptuey!

Beep beep
de Hans, K0HB

Old December 17th 05, 05:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
an_old_friend

KØHB wrote:
wrote

Hans doesn't believe in U.S. amateur radio being "self-
regulating?" Ach, zo!

This is amateur radio? I thought it was rec.amateur.tennis.policy! Silly me!

yep silly you nice of you to admit it

Ach, ptuey!

Beep beep
de Hans, K0HB