Old January 24th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
K4YZ

Default Feeble Five Flailings

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 18 Jan 2006 22:49:14 -0800, wrote in
.com:

From: Dave Heil on Jan 18, 8:26 pm

wrote:

Poseurs DO have that problem..."tripping the light fantastic"
all the time.

You have a point, Leonard.

One example would be your involvement in amateur radio.

CAN'T YOU GET ANYTHING RIGHT, DAVID D#######?

Obviously NOT, judging by trotting out that old sway-backed
"involvement" nonsense. Amateurism is NOT a closed
community. There are only the close-minded individuals in
amateur radio who imagine themselves gods of radio.

Listen UP, David.....

Ditto. And I gotta add my two pieces of zinc:

You don't need a license to build a receiver. You don't need a license
to listen to shortwave broadcasts; or to work a CB or FRS radio; or to
get a station's card (I have hundreds); or to transmit on most of the
spectrum with very low power;...(SNIP)

SO little power that, if you do so legally, can't be heard across
the parking lot, let alone across town, state or country...

(UNSNIP)...or to design and build a band-specific
antenna on a tower; or to study and learn radio fundamentals; or even
to transmit from a licensed amateur station provided it is supervised
by the station's licensee...(SNIP)

".....provided it is supervised by the station's licensee..."

Which means NOT you or Lennie, Frankie.

(UNSNIP)...You don't need a license to be an amateur....(SNIP)

More wordsmithing.

You DO need a licesne to be a Radio Amateur.

You do NOT need a license to be a radio hobbyist.

Even as a PROFESSIONAL in the field of radio I didn't need a license.
Basically, the only thing an Amateur Radio License grants you is the
ability to transmit at power levels greater than those specified in
Part 15. Every other aspect of amateur radio communication can be done
-WITHOUT A LICENSE-. The sooner these sooper-dooper hambos realize
this little factoid the better.

Frankie, you can wear a biklini, play a fiddle while sipping a
milk shake, do charitable church work and recite "I Want World Peace"
over and over, and you'll still not going to be "Miss America".

And no amount of rationalizing or tap-dancing about what you can
do without an Amateur license will ever make you or Lennie licensed
Radio Amateurs. Only passing the requisite FCC exams at a VE session
will ever do that.

And Frankie...

No amount of trying to "best" another Marine will ever make up for
the ####-poor performance YOU put out.

Putz.

Steve, K4YZ

Old January 24th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Robeson's Rules

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 00:37:12 -0800, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

On 18 Jan 2006 22:49:14 -0800, wrote in
s.com:

From: Dave Heil on Jan 18, 8:26 pm

wrote:

Poseurs DO have that problem..."tripping the light fantastic"
all the time.

You have a point, Leonard.

One example would be your involvement in amateur radio.

CAN'T YOU GET ANYTHING RIGHT, DAVID D#######?

Obviously NOT, judging by trotting out that old sway-backed
"involvement" nonsense. Amateurism is NOT a closed
community. There are only the close-minded individuals in
amateur radio who imagine themselves gods of radio.

Listen UP, David.....

Ditto. And I gotta add my two pieces of zinc:

You don't need a license to build a receiver. You don't need a license
to listen to shortwave broadcasts; or to work a CB or FRS radio; or to
get a station's card (I have hundreds); or to transmit on most of the
spectrum with very low power; or to design and build a band-specific
antenna on a tower; or to study and learn radio fundamentals; or even
to transmit from a licensed amateur station provided it is supervised
by the station's licensee. You don't need a license to be an amateur.
Even as a PROFESSIONAL in the field of radio I didn't need a license.
Basically, the only thing an Amateur Radio License grants you is the
ability to transmit at power levels greater than those specified in
Part 15. Every other aspect of amateur radio communication can be done
-WITHOUT A LICENSE-. The sooner these sooper-dooper hambos realize
this little factoid the better.

dave doesn't/can't face the truth neither can Jim or Steve or many
othersN

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old January 24th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Frank Gilliland

On 24 Jan 2006 06:40:31 -0800, "K4YZ" wrote in
.com:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

snip
Ditto. And I gotta add my two pieces of zinc:

You don't need a license to build a receiver. You don't need a license
to listen to shortwave broadcasts; or to work a CB or FRS radio; or to
get a station's card (I have hundreds); or to transmit on most of the
spectrum with very low power;...(SNIP)

SO little power that, if you do so legally, can't be heard across
the parking lot, let alone across town, state or country...

Well, I can't let this opportunity slide by.....

http://www.lwca.org/sitepage/part15/index.htm

Old January 24th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
K4YZ

Frankie of Silliland wrote:
On 24 Jan 2006 06:40:31 -0800, "K4YZ" wrote in
.com:

SO little power that, if you do so legally, can't be heard across
the parking lot, let alone across town, state or country...

Well, I can't let this opportunity slide by.....

Yes, Frankie...we all know of the occassions where someone has made
some amazing contacts using miliwatt powers...

Now...Make those contacts CONSISTENTLY...

Steve, K4YZ

Old January 24th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
K4YZ

K4YZ wrote:
Frankie of Silliland wrote:
On 24 Jan 2006 06:40:31 -0800, "K4YZ" wrote in
.com:

SO little power that, if you do so legally, can't be heard across
the parking lot, let alone across town, state or country...

Well, I can't let this opportunity slide by.....

Yes, Frankie...we all know of the occassions where someone has made
some amazing contacts using miliwatt powers...

Now...Make those contacts CONSISTENTLY...

And by the way, Frankie...

I see you took time to answer THIS post, but avoided the one
wherein you desperately need to dislodge your head from your rectal
vault.

Guess that had to hurt, though...But it could have been avoided by
NOT publishing a post that was so blatantly stupid in the first
place...

Steve, K4YZ

Old January 24th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
an_old_friend

Default steve puts down a segment of the hobby

K4YZ wrote:
Frankie of Silliland wrote:
On 24 Jan 2006 06:40:31 -0800, "K4YZ" wrote in
.com:

SO little power that, if you do so legally, can't be heard across
the parking lot, let alone across town, state or country...

Well, I can't let this opportunity slide by.....

Yes, Frankie...we all know of the occassions where someone has made
some amazing contacts using miliwatt powers...

realy it wasn't clear uou knew that

Now...Make those contacts CONSISTENTLY...

why is that a criteria?

Steve, K4YZ

Old January 24th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
K4YZ

Default More Markie Mularkie

an_old_friend wrote:

A blatant lie: " steve puts down a segment of the hobby"

K4YZ wrote:
Frankie of Silliland wrote:
On 24 Jan 2006 06:40:31 -0800, "K4YZ" wrote in
.com:

SO little power that, if you do so legally, can't be heard across
the parking lot, let alone across town, state or country...

Well, I can't let this opportunity slide by.....

Yes, Frankie...we all know of the occassions where someone has made
some amazing contacts using miliwatt powers...

realy it wasn't clear uou knew that

What's a(n) "uou"...?!?!

Now...Make those contacts CONSISTENTLY...

why is that a criteria?

Because Frankie wants to make a point that it's possible to operate
an unlicensed transmitter on HF spectrum. That's true.

However at those power levels one cannot communicate effectively
and consistently.

If all you want to do is be able to claim you radiate RF on HF, be
my guest...Fire up all the Part 15 transmitters you want to in any mode
you want to.

Good luck.

Steve, K4YZ

Old January 25th 06, 07:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old friend

K4YZ wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:

A blatant lie: " steve puts down a segment of the hobby"

absolute truth steve

you put down a section of the hobby

K4YZ wrote:
Frankie of Silliland wrote:
On 24 Jan 2006 06:40:31 -0800, "K4YZ" wrote in
.com:

SO little power that, if you do so legally, can't be heard across
the parking lot, let alone across town, state or country...

Well, I can't let this opportunity slide by.....

Yes, Frankie...we all know of the occassions where someone has made
some amazing contacts using miliwatt powers...

realy it wasn't clear uou knew that

cuting stev playing spelling cop
Now...Make those contacts CONSISTENTLY...

why is that a criteria?

Because Frankie wants to make a point that it's possible to operate
an unlicensed transmitter on HF spectrum. That's true.

and you lied and deined it at first

you lied ateve

Old January 25th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Frank Gilliland

On 24 Jan 2006 11:03:33 -0800, "K4YZ" wrote in
.com:

Frankie of Silliland wrote:
On 24 Jan 2006 06:40:31 -0800, "K4YZ" wrote in
.com:

SO little power that, if you do so legally, can't be heard across
the parking lot, let alone across town, state or country...

Well, I can't let this opportunity slide by.....

Yes, Frankie...we all know of the occassions where someone has made
some amazing contacts using miliwatt powers...

Now...Make those contacts CONSISTENTLY...

Propogation on the band is consistent enough for the government to
have used it for radionavigation and emergency communications networks
for several -decades-; regardless.....

http://home.att.net/~weatheradio/part15.htm

And I make consistent contacts with another lowfer about 80 miles to
my SSW (basaltic soil seems to provide an excellent medium for
ground-wave propogation, although snow is better and salt-water is
-much- better). My ERP is 0.031 watts.