Old August 28th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

Ah, my bad... sry.
rb

Radio content:
There used to be a radio swap group here....

wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 00:36:43 GMT, "Woody" wrote:

Yeah, yoo big chikin. LOL

I dare you to pick up a mic and do a radio test on 3.865
by saying "Beep, beep, beep, beeeeeeeep"!

rb

well as a etech I realy should not try that one

"an old friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Old August 28th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Listen here... I will not stand by and watch millions of innocent people die
needlessly as
more an more people shun the gift of life by scoffing at CW.
It's genocide I tell you, and the government just sits by and watches it
happen!!
rb

radio content:
Now we're really ridin' a continuous wave.....

too bad we're in the sewer....

"Not Lloyd" anon@anon wrote in message ...

"Woody" wrote in message
And as previously stated, slow equals death. If you can't do 20wpm you
should stay off the bands.

rb

Aw, fer Chrissake Woody, kwit yer cryin' and whinin'.

Old August 28th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Sorry... my bad... is it 35 now? I stand corrected.

Back to the chant...

If you can't do 35wpm, you should stay off the bands!!
Seriously people, think about it... do *you* want blood on your hands
because you're a slow-beepin loser?
Lives are on the line, in case you aren't paying attention.

This is serious business and requires a dedication as if it were... your
only purpose.

Unmotivated 25wpm losers need not apply.
rb

"Dave Oldridge" wrote in message
9...
"Woody" wrote in news:FYqIg.36416$NF3.28742@trnddc05:

And as previously stated, slow equals death. If you can't do 20wpm you
should stay off the bands.

20 is SLOW. But the only way to learn 35 or 40 is to learn 10, 15, 20
etc.
And the best way to do that is get on the bands and DO it instead of
making
rude noises at the people who CAN.

Phonetics on SSB are usually a lot slower than 20wpm, though.

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667

Old August 28th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Hey... you have proof I was dropped?? I've wondered for years as I just
can't remember the day I was born at all.
It kinda annoys me, but hey, I can't remember CW either, so I figure no loss
either way.
rb

Not to stray off-topic or break any rules, but you wouldn't happen to have a
50w VHF Spectra you'd want to sell or trade, would ya?

"Dave Oldridge" wrote in message
9...
"Woody" wrote in news:2_qIg.2009$pX3.1822@trnddc07:

Eh? Now you say its ok to be slow? Make up your mind will ya? People

are
dying while you decide!
rb

This gem must've come from the other brain cell. Is that the one that
took the brunt when you were dropped?

"Al Klein" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:22:21 GMT, Dave Oldridge
wrote:

Al Klein wrote in
m:

Really? You can write a spoken language you don't understand well
enough to be read by someone who understands it? Maybe. Maybe not.
In CW, you can.

I can do it (and have done so) using phonetics. But that's SLOWER

than
CW.

You're preaching to the choir, Dave. I've had to handle foreign
language traffic phonetically by voice and by CW - and I much prefer
CW for that kind of work, even though I prefer voice for most
rag-chewing. As you say, needing it spelled out is quite slow.

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667

Old August 29th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

"Dave Oldridge" wrote in message
9...
"Woody" wrote in news:i4rIg.901$N84.191@trnddc08:

So did your guy die or not?

Which one? You win some, you lose some.

Huh? How can a fast CW op *not* save a life? Have you read this thread at
all?
CW = Gift of Life.
Fast CW = Hand of God.

It's in the Extra Class manual....

And that's why I'm watching TV from a 12ghz satellite signal right now.
Putting the antenna that high makes all modes pretty much equal as far as
signal-to-noise goes.

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGH!!
Holy crap.... I hope no one else reads that.. It'll kill the entire
Comm-Post pile we're making, and then
people will just go back to swapping radios or something. [Perish the
thought!]
rb

Old August 29th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

The one that's looking for a VHF 50w Spectra..... hehe...

And I have to ask Dave, [and I mean seriously this time]... You really
aren't defending this thread [in this group] as
an intelligent discussion [or one that should even be here] in the first
place, are you?
rb

Radio Content:
For the acetylcholine-deficient that think I'm really trying to be a part of
this seemingly perpetual, and twisted delusion...
It's a friggin swap group.... Now sit and ponder that for just a minute....

"Dave Oldridge" wrote in message
9...
"Woody" wrote in news:cfrIg.2016$pX3.1819@trnddc07:

wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:22:53 GMT, Dave Oldridge
wrote:

where did you encounter total stupidity? I missed it I saw someone

Uhhhh...... Start with the OP and read to this point or beyond....

Gee, which of your brain cells thought that one up?

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667

Old August 29th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default If you had to use CW... would robesin still be an idiot?

From: on Fri, Aug 25 2006 4:22 pm

From: on Thurs, Aug 24 2006 6:49 pm
From: on Wed, Aug 23 2006 7:58 pm
From: Cecil Moore on Wed, Aug 23 2006 6:38 am

The rabid morsemen are still in the 1950s when there was NO
"911" and certainly not cellular telephony. Even so, an
ordinary telephone could had called for help in the 1950s.

In the communications industry of today, the emphasis is
on WiFi and - still - cell phone technology. It's BIG
Business shown rather dramatically on rooftops and towers
all over the USA.

A couple years ago the US Census Bureau stated that one in
three Americans had a cell phone subscription. That's like
nearly 100 million of us...

The Indians learned to cut the telegraph wires early on. Saw that on
F-Troop.

The characters of "F-Troop" are still with us. Unable to sit a
horse, they now masquerade as amateur morsemen.

The ARRL resells a few fictional novels by a single author
(a gal) whose subject is mainly "saving the day" with
amateur radio, several of which are supposed to feature
the "life-saving abilities" of morsemanship. I've never
read any, just read the ad copy for them on the ARRL
website. In the writing trade those are known as
"teen-age novels" and are for the under-adult age group.

I've read several of them to my son when he was younger. The first
books were written by a guy. He's passed on, and now in the same
style, they are written by a gal.

OK, that's cool. As long as the readers can understand that
a novel is a work of fiction, fine. There are still a few
chowderheads who think the film "Independence Day" was a
documentary! :-)

What was the movie where the SK dad was sending ham radio messages back
to his son?

"Frequency." So-so movie in my personal reviews, nothing to pay
first-run admission for...

I immensely enjoyed the works of fiction served up by W0EX (SK), and
K3LT, where the story was so contrived that ONLY cw could save the day.

"Contrived?!?" :-) Whole-cloth BS I'd put it.

Well, yeh.

:-) All of them are wrapped up in their warm-and-fuzzy psych
blanket where They are the "best radio ops." As if... :-)

The "Al-Code-Ah" continue in their Jihad...

I'm curious what's really holding up the FCC on the issue.

So am I. It's nine months since the official close of
Comments on the NPRM.

Nine months? Gestation almost complete? "Birth" of an R&O
soon? :-)

That actually scares me. Recall the one that was so poorly written in
1998?

I didn't think it was "poorly written." Morsemen did. They
wanted to burn the FCC at the stake, ressurect them and have
them tortured in many ways... :-)

I'll just put it down to the FCC very busy with lots and lots
of other things to attend to in DC.

Ed's got them busy with BPL, and that needs to go away.

Ed doesn't seem to be DOING much. He is powerless to stop Access
BPL. ARRL doesn't realize that Access BPL just won't hold up in
the marketplace and will die of its own accord.

Amateur radio is small
stuff in the big scheme of things in all of radio. FCC prolly
has only one staffer working on the old NPRM and that one may
be time-sharing other work in progress.

Sounds like government. They rarely hire enough people or the right
people to get a really good end result.

The FCC was never chartered to be a cheerleader for amateur radio.
FCC merely regulates and mitigates civil radio services in the USA.
Amateur radio hobbyists need to stop their pipe-dreaming about
"greatness" and realize that they've long since been overtaken by
many, many other radio services. Some of those radio services
(Public Safety of Private Land Mobile Radio Services) are the ones
doing the everyday 24/7 role of assisting police, fire, and medical
agencies doing the ACTUAL saving of lives.

Some in here think amateur radio is "important." That's because
the ARRL has brainwashed them with false beliefs. Amateur radio
is a HOBBY, an avocational pursuit, a pleasureable personal free-
time activity done for the fun of it.

The sooner ARRL gets its rational side out in front the better it
will be for the olde-tyme morsemen to attrit gracefully and with
some measure of dignity. Not in the frozen-in-time-to-1930 fantasy
radio world they depict in their bragging and boasting.

Old August 29th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

LOL.. Now that's what I'm looking for! What else ya got? Let's post each
reply twice from now on, OK?

In other news....

Stay on topic Dave.... the issue is *CW* saves lives,[or results in other
holistic happenings] ok?

I swear I've already explained that to ya...?

We've proven many posts ago that brain cells have nothing to do with ham
radio, this thread or those in it.
My fav site, www.hamsexy.com will explain it all.
rb

radio content:
I think I'd even consider an M1225 in trade, instead of the Spectra.

"Dave Oldridge" wrote in message
9...
"Woody" wrote in news:thrIg.2006$XD1.1601@trnddc01:

Good call. Admit nothing, deny everything.

Hey, if you had to use CW to make chicken salad for a starving Latvian,
would that person starve to death?

If you had to use either of your brain cells to think of some way to FEED

Old August 29th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Bless you brother, I will indeed make it so.
Thanks for the reply!
rb

Radio content:
M1225 needs to be VHF and 40w, or I can't use it....

wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 01:17:21 GMT, "Woody" wrote:

Since I don't know this Robitussin guy, I really can't say anything in
reply
to this post....
rb

count that amoug so blessings
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Old August 29th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: on Fri, Aug 25 2006 4:45 pm

wrote:
from: on Thurs, Aug 24 2006 6:39 pm
oups.com...
From: on Wed, Aug 23 2006 7:46 pm
From: on Tues, Aug 22 2006 7:14 pm
From: on Mon, Aug 21 2006 6:30 pm
From: an old friend on Mon, Aug 21 2006 3:16 pm
From: on Sun, Aug 20 2006 2:57 pm

In all my visits to USAF bases I've never seen any CAP
personnel there, let alone some in a poopy suit. I've seen
several civilians on USAF bases, employed by the USAF, wearing
flight suits and clearly identified as to being civilian.

Saturdays. They bring the kids in for a tour and a meal at the chow
hall.

OK, that explains it. :-) If I was on-site for some company
business, I wouldn't be there on weekends. :-)

I attended 3 weeks of CWPC training at Maxwell AFB in Montgomery,
Alabama. It hosts CAP HQ. Didn't see any CAP uniforms there, either.

Odd, though. The new owner of robesin's old vanity callsign, K4CAP,
resides in Montgomery, Alabama.

Wonder what rank the new owner has in the CAP? :-)

Oh, I don't know. After a hard day behind the microphone, he's got
that 1,000 yard stare.

That's also a symptom of anoxia...lack of oxygen used up in
his bragging of what he did that never was... :-)

Tsk, all that work he does in trying to bluff us. All he had to
do was present SOME sort of document proof or even a personal
snapshot taken while in that "hostile-action-filled" 18 year
"career" in the USMC. He hasn't done so after many years.

If he can't present a single item of 18 years of his life, it
is hard for the rest of us to believe anything he said.

I don't believe his bs.

Any rational, sane person can't believe his claims. Hopefully,
that is most of us reading some of the garbage going on in here
now.

Some of the whacko Anon's have championed robesin's cause, whatever it
might be.

All those anony-mousies are as frustrated and angry as Robeson.
It is only natural they would all hang together.

I found it uproarious that Robeson tried to cover up his NOT
naming a single military radio that was operational during his
alleged 18-year "USMC career," claiming "all the information is
classified!" :-)

Scuse me while I blow the pepsi out of my nose.

:-) True. It's in Google archives going back several years.

Absolute bull****. The names, ID, functions have all been in
public view...the 'Public' being the makers or those wanting to
get in on an RFQ (Request for Quote) being advertised by the
DoD. Even though I never operated (as a civilian) anything
more than an old ARC-27 or PRC-119 SINCGARS, all the military
radios operational between the times of those two are easily
recognizeable to me (well, the VRCs have lots of differences
between families but the same case and general form). The
operating manuals are NOT classified, just in limited
distribution. LOGSA the Logistics Supply Agency is busy making
CDs of all the printed manuals for darn near ALL military
equipment; it's a piece of cake to pop one of those CDs in an
ever-present military PC and read them. LOGSA has a website
and even civilians can download some of the older equipment's
manuals. LOGSA has some internal priority on what can be
downloaded (depending on the cookie generated by a non-military
PC). That was a tip I got from rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
and rec.radio.amateur.homebrew. The nomenclatures and quick-
look facts are on a couple websites in a long, long, long list.
Even BAMA has some manuals for free download plus big link
lists for other sites that have them.

Too much work for robesin. So he just "classified" everything. He was
definitely confused by Major Vincent and his key on a necklace. Hah!

More than one in here is confused about "key lists." In commo
crypto, the "key lists" are very, very restricted and essential
for encryption...not the brag lists of "essential" personnel of
an organization. Robeson got called on military crypto by Hans
over a long period of Robeson trying to tell off Brakob. Didn't
work.

If he was involved in MARS, it was probably just to eavesdrop on morale
calls from a lonely GI to his wife or girlfriend back home.

Could be, but then anyone with a reasonably good receiver and
a tiny-wire antenna could do that...

MARS is the ONLY commo thing in the military that Robeson MIGHT
be aquainted with. He doesn't know snit from shoe-polish on the
REAL commo gear.