Old August 29th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

Yeah, that was the problem exactly...
so I can stand on the ocean floor and see people inside the boat?
Kewl.
rb

radio content:
So what kinda radio did the boat have? I'd like to find me a nice Micom for
cheap...

wrote in message
ups.com...

Woody wrote:
I saw a C-130 fly almost directly over my house last year. Couldn't see
who
was in it though...
rb

The aluminum skin of a C130 is sort of hard to see through. The only
craft that I ever saw with a glass underbelly was a tour boat in
Florida.

But you can rest assured that neither robesin nor the CAP was flying
that C130.

Old August 29th 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default If you had to use CW... would robesin still be an idiot?

From: on Thurs, Aug 24 2006 6:30 pm

From: on Wed, Aug 23 2006 7:46 pm
From: on Tues, Aug 22 2006 7:14 pm
From: on Mon, Aug 21 2006 6:30 pm
From: an old friend on Mon, Aug 21 2006 3:16 pm
From: on Sun, Aug 20 2006 2:57 pm

Robesin used the wrong word/acronym for a RESUME' presented
as part of an interview for a job.

Thought he had a "killer" job as a male nurse?

God forbid!

Yes.

There have been several KILLERS among the nursing profession made
infamous in the news of the last decade.

Robesin an academic? Not in this lifetime.

It's just his inappropriate use of what to him are important sounding
words and acronyms.

Some of those he makes up as he goes along.

Probably how his career in the Marines was invented.

Well, he might have been in the reserves?

Was that you or Frank that nailed that one?

Frank nailed him. Frank had so many nails he didn't have to ask
Robeson to cross his legs...

Heil might be a candidate for the other cross. He claims some sort
of intimate knowledge of Human Resources Departments (Personnel)
and their terminology. Most strange since Heil got hisself a nice
cushy job long enough to get him a government pension...doesn't
need to send out resumes to companies looking for warm bodies.

Heil was just trying to divert the subject away from "CW." Heil
is a morseman and one of those who insists that a morse code test
is absolutely necessary for an AMATEUR radio license. Heil seems
to have spent his USAF service time fighting the Vietnam War with
a MARS radio. Brave stuff. :-)

Tsk, all that work he does in trying to bluff us. All he had to
do was present SOME sort of document proof or even a personal
snapshot taken while in that "hostile-action-filled" 18 year
"career" in the USMC. He hasn't done so after many years.

Seven hostile actions, I'm told. I can't imagine being short-sheeted 7
times by members of my flight.

Robeson has all those "facts" "in his wallet." He could use some
more money in that wallet, get hisself out of a duplex apartment
into a real house. No, he'd rather do all those macho activities
he claims to be doing and buying surplus flight suits to pose in.

If he can't present a single item of 18 years of his life, it
is hard for the rest of us to believe anything he said.

Yep.

That's why I don't get affected by Robeson's constant personal
insults. He LIES about his own life so then he LIES about others'
personal lives. Too bad for him.

Old August 29th 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Default If you heard Mark calling Mayday, would you switch to a different repeater?

Or have a party.

Old August 29th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: on Fri, Aug 25 2006 4:55 pm

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:

In another recent post, Robesin keeps referring to a "CV."
That's an acronym for the Latin 'curriculum vitae,' a list
of life experiences (education, work experience). In the
electronics industry, indeed in MOST industries, those
applying for jobs don't present a curriculum vitae, just a
RESUME of education-work experience. Some academics may
use "CV" but Personnel departments still look over resumes.
Just one more little gaffe on Robesin's part, trying to
LOOK experienced when he is NOT.

You're out of touch, old timer.

You're out of touch, world traveler.

Brits commonly use the term "CV"

robesin isn't a brit, is he?

Heil has about as much experience with Personnel departments (they
are called "Human Resources" now) as he has in getting along with
normal people (i.e., those not frozen in time to when code was
king).

Heil endured a double-decade in government service so he could get
a nice pension. In such a position Heil would have zero-point-zero
experience with resumes in trying to get a job interview anywhere
in industry.

instead of "resume". Many American companies have picked up on the use
of the term "CV". It is not just used in academia:

No wonder jobs are going overseas.

Heil is NOT interested in any "CV" definition. All he wants to do
is trash-talk his adversaries of the past in here. Heil is a
morseman. I am not. I don't revere the Department of State as
having any large international radio network (they don't, much of
what they have now goes through the DSN). Heil needs to flash all
that "government experience" to show how Big and "radio-wise" he
is, a "somebody" in a group of amateurs so he can stand tall. :-)

The REAL subject is MORSEMANSHIP. Heil is big on that because he
can do it and did it. BFD. What is before the FCC right now is
whether the USA will eliminate or keep the morse code test for an
amateur radio license. Heil has his license through morsemanship.
He could care zero-point-zero about anyone but himself in that,
certainly not anyone who might get into amateur radio someday.

MORSEMANSHIP is of NO USE in the bigger world of radio comms of
today...except in the minds of olde-tyme AMATEURS in radio who are
frozen in times long past.

Old August 29th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Yet as "chief operator" or ANCOIC of NMC MARS on Okinawa, he
remains
woefully ignorant of MARS. I just don't get it.

Uh, hello.... Looks like perfect qualifications for a management
position.

I like the way you think.

I usually try to avoid thought... it makes my head hurt...

Can't it be factory refurbished?

Funny thing... the stupid NASA Engineers tried to control the thing with
data bursts.... Yes, data bursts!
Can you believe those anti-CW nazis? We'd already be on Pluto if they'd
controlled it with CW.
So, sadly, no.... due to advanced technology, she's been lost....

I thought they were just to cover the beaches so the
Army doesn't get sand in their boots....

Welp, when the AF took the airplanes away from the Army in 1947...

Was it that late? I would've guess more around the late/end of the war...

Well anyway, I was just trying to stir up some jarheads with the
beaches/Army thing...

You wanna swap radios or anything?
rb

Old August 29th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Woody wrote:
Yeah, that was the problem exactly...
so I can stand on the ocean floor and see people inside the boat?
Kewl.
rb

radio content:
So what kinda radio did the boat have? I'd like to find me a nice Micom for
cheap...

Only robesin can tell us what kind of radio his craft carried, but even
he doesn't know.

Old August 29th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Woody wrote:

Yet as "chief operator" or ANCOIC of NMC MARS on Okinawa, he
remains
woefully ignorant of MARS. I just don't get it.

Uh, hello.... Looks like perfect qualifications for a management
position.

I like the way you think.

I usually try to avoid thought... it makes my head hurt...

You would have been right at home in the Morse Forever camp about 10
years ago.

Can't it be factory refurbished?

Funny thing... the stupid NASA Engineers tried to control the thing with
data bursts.... Yes, data bursts!
Can you believe those anti-CW nazis? We'd already be on Pluto if they'd
controlled it with CW.
So, sadly, no.... due to advanced technology, she's been lost....

Manual telegraphy? C'mon...

I thought they were just to cover the beaches so the
Army doesn't get sand in their boots....

Welp, when the AF took the airplanes away from the Army in 1947...

Was it that late? I would've guess more around the late/end of the war...

I wasn't there, but that's how the story went.

Well anyway, I was just trying to stir up some jarheads with the
beaches/Army thing...

I've got a lot of respect for both. Served with the 2ID at Casey, and
again with the marines and 10th mountain in somalia.

You wanna swap radios or anything?
rb

Probably not, but there is another group, rec.radio.amateur.equipment,
which is a lot like a hamfest. Except the food is better.

Old August 29th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: on Fri, Aug 25 2006 4:45 pm
wrote:
from: on Thurs, Aug 24 2006 6:39 pm
oups.com...
From: on Wed, Aug 23 2006 7:46 pm
From: on Tues, Aug 22 2006 7:14 pm
From: on Mon, Aug 21 2006 6:30 pm
From: an old friend on Mon, Aug 21 2006 3:16 pm
From: on Sun, Aug 20 2006 2:57 pm

In all my visits to USAF bases I've never seen any CAP
personnel there, let alone some in a poopy suit. I've seen
several civilians on USAF bases, employed by the USAF, wearing
flight suits and clearly identified as to being civilian.

Saturdays. They bring the kids in for a tour and a meal at the chow
hall.

OK, that explains it. :-) If I was on-site for some company
business, I wouldn't be there on weekends. :-)

I attended 3 weeks of CWPC training at Maxwell AFB in Montgomery,
Alabama. It hosts CAP HQ. Didn't see any CAP uniforms there, either.

Odd, though. The new owner of robesin's old vanity callsign, K4CAP,
resides in Montgomery, Alabama.

Wonder what rank the new owner has in the CAP? :-)

Wonder how robesin made "major" in the CAP?

Oh, I don't know. After a hard day behind the microphone, he's got
that 1,000 yard stare.

That's also a symptom of anoxia...lack of oxygen used up in
his bragging of what he did that never was... :-)

Tsk, all that work he does in trying to bluff us. All he had to
do was present SOME sort of document proof or even a personal
snapshot taken while in that "hostile-action-filled" 18 year
"career" in the USMC. He hasn't done so after many years.

If he can't present a single item of 18 years of his life, it
is hard for the rest of us to believe anything he said.

I don't believe his bs.

Any rational, sane person can't believe his claims. Hopefully,
that is most of us reading some of the garbage going on in here
now.

Some of the whacko Anon's have championed robesin's cause, whatever it
might be.

All those anony-mousies are as frustrated and angry as Robeson.
It is only natural they would all hang together.

They've posted some of the most disgusting concepts and language here,
whereas robesin only posts disgusting concepts and inuendo.

Then he censors "dumbass."

He's a pig.

I found it uproarious that Robeson tried to cover up his NOT
naming a single military radio that was operational during his
alleged 18-year "USMC career," claiming "all the information is
classified!" :-)

Scuse me while I blow the pepsi out of my nose.

:-) True. It's in Google archives going back several years.

Right you are.

Absolute bull****. The names, ID, functions have all been in
public view...the 'Public' being the makers or those wanting to
get in on an RFQ (Request for Quote) being advertised by the
DoD. Even though I never operated (as a civilian) anything
more than an old ARC-27 or PRC-119 SINCGARS, all the military
radios operational between the times of those two are easily
recognizeable to me (well, the VRCs have lots of differences
between families but the same case and general form). The
operating manuals are NOT classified, just in limited
distribution. LOGSA the Logistics Supply Agency is busy making
CDs of all the printed manuals for darn near ALL military
equipment; it's a piece of cake to pop one of those CDs in an
ever-present military PC and read them. LOGSA has a website
and even civilians can download some of the older equipment's
manuals. LOGSA has some internal priority on what can be
downloaded (depending on the cookie generated by a non-military
PC). That was a tip I got from rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
and rec.radio.amateur.homebrew. The nomenclatures and quick-
look facts are on a couple websites in a long, long, long list.
Even BAMA has some manuals for free download plus big link
lists for other sites that have them.

Too much work for robesin. So he just "classified" everything. He was
definitely confused by Major Vincent and his key on a necklace. Hah!

More than one in here is confused about "key lists." In commo
crypto, the "key lists" are very, very restricted and essential
for encryption...not the brag lists of "essential" personnel of
an organization. Robeson got called on military crypto by Hans
over a long period of Robeson trying to tell off Brakob. Didn't
work.

Of course, MARS doesn't use crypto, and neither does the ARS. So how
would Major Dumbass know anything about it?

If he was involved in MARS, it was probably just to eavesdrop on morale
calls from a lonely GI to his wife or girlfriend back home.

Could be, but then anyone with a reasonably good receiver and
a tiny-wire antenna could do that...

Maybe robesin got "equal time" with those wives? He's so eager to talk
to everyone's wife on rrap, maybe he misses that aspect of MARS.

MARS is the ONLY commo thing in the military that Robeson MIGHT
be aquainted with. He doesn't know snit from shoe-polish on the
REAL commo gear.

He doesn't know apple butter about MARS either.

bb

Old August 29th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: on Fri, Aug 25 2006 4:55 pm
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Imagine working for all those appointed ambasadors? That had to suck.

instead of "resume". Many American companies have picked up on the use
of the term "CV". It is not just used in academia:

No wonder jobs are going overseas.

Heil is NOT interested in any "CV" definition. All he wants to do
is trash-talk his adversaries of the past in here. Heil is a
morseman. I am not. I don't revere the Department of State as
having any large international radio network (they don't, much of
what they have now goes through the DSN). Heil needs to flash all
that "government experience" to show how Big and "radio-wise" he
is, a "somebody" in a group of amateurs so he can stand tall. :-)

Flash over ride.

The REAL subject is MORSEMANSHIP. Heil is big on that because he
can do it and did it. BFD. What is before the FCC right now is
whether the USA will eliminate or keep the morse code test for an
amateur radio license. Heil has his license through morsemanship.
He could care zero-point-zero about anyone but himself in that,
certainly not anyone who might get into amateur radio someday.

I don't really think its because they want people to learn the code. I
think they want a barrier to keep the unwashed out of amateur radio.

MORSEMANSHIP is of NO USE in the bigger world of radio comms of
today...except in the minds of olde-tyme AMATEURS in radio who are
frozen in times long past.

Morse is a barrier.

Old August 29th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Bummer...
rb

Radio Content:
Well... there is none... I guess I give up.

wrote in message
oups.com...