Old May 30th 07, 10:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Help finding Madeleine McCann - 4 years old

"Find Maddie" wrote in message
Help them to find Maddie !!!
She's 4 years old and has a distinctive mark on right eye.
£ 2.6 millions reward for anyone with valid informations.

=== www.findmadeleine.com

This might seem a bit obvious - but why don't you obtain an electronic
picture of her and post it to every binaries group you can think of? Then
more people around the world can download/print out the picture an pin it up
in their local

Old May 30th 07, 10:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

ian field wrote:

"Find Maddie" wrote in message
Help them to find Maddie !!!
She's 4 years old and has a distinctive mark on right eye.
£ 2.6 millions reward for anyone with valid informations.

=== www.findmadeleine.com

This might seem a bit obvious - but why don't you obtain an electronic
picture of her and post it to every binaries group you can think of? Then
more people around the world can download/print out the picture an pin it up
in their local

Come on - you do know that's spam to get hold of your bank account
numbers...

Rick
Old June 1st 07, 12:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Rick" wrote in message ...
ian field wrote:

"Find Maddie" wrote in message
Help them to find Maddie !!!
She's 4 years old and has a distinctive mark on right eye.
£ 2.6 millions reward for anyone with valid informations.

=== www.findmadeleine.com

This might seem a bit obvious - but why don't you obtain an electronic
picture of her and post it to every binaries group you can think of? Then
more people around the world can download/print out the picture an pin it
up
in their local

Come on - you do know that's spam to get hold of your bank account
numbers...

Rick

Actually, this is an international news story, and the findmadeleine.com
website is legit.

Old June 1st 07, 04:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Rick wrote:
Come on - you do know that's spam to get hold of your bank account
numbers...

BZZZzzttt! Wrong... this one is actually legitimate.

Jeff

--
RESTRICTED AREA. Anyone intruding shall immediately become subject to
the jurisdiction of military law. Intruders will be subject to lethal
Old June 1st 07, 04:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Jeffrey D Angus" wrote in message

Rick wrote:
Come on - you do know that's spam to get hold of your bank account
numbers...

BZZZzzttt! Wrong... this one is actually legitimate.

Jeff

Tragic as it is, and I do feel for the parents but kids get abducted all the
time and how many of their parents get lent a private jet to go visit the
Pope - having said that I don't mind offering helpful (if obvious) advice.

If the OP really wanted to do something useful, they would upload the
pictures to all the binaries they could think of and try to persuade anyone
who opens the thread to propagate the pictures to any binaries they can
think of, the first reply after mine demonstrates the level of reluctance to
open potentially suspicious websites so the effective publicity from a
website is much less than covering the binaries.

Old June 1st 07, 04:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Rick wrote:
Come on - you do know that's spam to get hold of your bank account
numbers...

BZZZzzttt! Wrong... this one is actually legitimate.

Jeff

Tragic as it is, and I do feel for the parents but kids get abducted all the
time and how many of their parents get lent a private jet to go visit the
Pope - having said that I don't mind offering helpful (if obvious) advice.

If the OP really wanted to do something useful, they would upload the
pictures to all the binaries they could think of and try to persuade anyone
who opens the thread to propagate the pictures to any binaries they can
think of, the first reply after mine demonstrates the level of reluctance to
open potentially suspicious websites so the effective publicity from a
website is much less than covering the binaries.

With the number of missing children world wide, this would soon
render the already ailing USENET completely useless. Europe needs to do
what this group has for the USA: http://www.codeamber.org

It ties the internet, news media and law enforcement's efforts
together, into a single effort to find the child. The more fragmented
the search, the lower the chances are that they will be found alive.

That a look at the home page of my website to see how it works.
There is a live banner at the bottom of the page that lets you know
about active alerts, and by clicking on any of them it will take you to
more information at their website.

http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/index.html

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old June 1st 07, 05:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Rick wrote:
[...]

That's a great suggestion - it wouldn't be a bad idea to publicise it
anywhere you can think of.

The current publicity surrounding this case could be the catalyst for
creating something similar across Europe.

Old June 1st 07, 05:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Rick wrote:
Come on - you do know that's spam to get hold of your bank account
numbers...

BZZZzzttt! Wrong... this one is actually legitimate.

Jeff

Tragic as it is, and I do feel for the parents but kids get abducted all the time
and how many of their parents get lent a private jet to go visit the Pope - having
said that I don't mind offering helpful (if obvious) advice.

If the OP really wanted to do something useful, they would upload the pictures to
all the binaries they could think of and try to persuade anyone who opens the
thread to propagate the pictures to any binaries they can think of, the first reply
after mine demonstrates the level of reluctance to open potentially suspicious
websites so the effective publicity from a website is much less than covering the
binaries.

Let me give my 2-cents worth to say I really oppose your suggestion.

Madeleine McCann is only one of tens of thousands of kids that go missing each year.
Her case is only special because her family can afford to pay for media hype.
Although I can sympathize with her family, the likelihood that I will see their lost
child running around in Grand Chute, Wisconsin is astronomical. There are many local
issues that do deserve my attention, and even one second to click on the "Mark as
read" button for Madeleine is a waste of my time, caused by some "do-gooder" who
wants to further sensationalize the tragic story.

I'd hesitate to see the floodgates open if any/all crime victims start to post to ALL
binary (or text) groups looking for their kidnapped children, stolen artwork, or
deadbeat daddies. This particular crime was in Portugal. Let the Portugal/European
media and authorities handle it. No need to waste the time of millions of other
people around the world.

Let Portugal develop their own "Amber Alert" and look for the child that way.

Old June 1st 07, 05:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"jim menning" wrote in message

[...]

A waste of your time? My 2c states " You can never do enough to help any
child no matter how rich their family is or how poor and I don't care what
floodgates get opened" My time is worth less than any child.

BH

Old June 1st 07, 05:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

ian field wrote:

That's a great suggestion - it wouldn't be a bad idea to publicise it
anywhere you can think of.

The current publicity surrounding this case could be the catalyst for
creating something similar across Europe.

It would have a lot more impact if suggested by someone in Europe,
not the US. A lot of groups already have a bad case of NIH, and its
even worse when it comes from a foreign country. Some large newspaper
or news organization should start it, and sell logo only ads to
corporate sponsors. I would think that if the contact the
http://www.codeamber.org people they would help them with the initial
setup. They already have a working system, why not share it, or license
it to others? If you hear them yaking about it on some news program and
they ask for comments, ask them why they don't at least have something
like what the US has had for years? That ought to stir them up. :-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Finding a QSL Manager [email protected] Dx 3 April 5th 07 06:02 PM
Need Help In Finding Manuals Steve Scanner 3 February 12th 07 04:24 PM
HF Direction Finding Buck Antenna 49 February 21st 05 02:53 AM
Finding old CB friends Stephen CB 7 October 27th 04 02:11 PM
Help finding Larkspur Tx Ron Boatanchors 0 November 29th 03 08:55 AM