Old July 2nd 07, 02:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Whats this antenna for

i guess UHF

Old July 2nd 07, 03:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Ken G." wrote in message
i guess UHF

That's an FM antenna from the look of it.

Old July 2nd 07, 04:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

I'm guessing UHF. The boom mounts parallel to the vertical
mast; and the "elements" appear to be reflectors. The driver
is some sort of dipole with with odd zig zag elements?

Pete

Old July 2nd 07, 04:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Ken G." wrote in message
i guess UHF

What is the end to end length of the aluminum tubes (reflectors) on the
boom?
That should give us idea of the minimum frequency.

Old July 2nd 07, 01:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

That's an FM antenna from the look of it.

Assuming I'm accurately judging its absolute size, it's not big enough to be
a multi-element antenna for 100MHz reception. And I've never seen an FM
antenna with ziggy-zaggys on it.

In case you're wondering... Many years ago I had a huge FM-only antenna
(from Channel Master, I think).

Old July 2nd 07, 02:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
. ..
That's an FM antenna from the look of it.

Assuming I'm accurately judging its absolute size, it's not big enough to
be
a multi-element antenna for 100MHz reception. And I've never seen an FM
antenna with ziggy-zaggys on it.

In case you're wondering... Many years ago I had a huge FM-only antenna
(from Channel Master, I think).

I can't judge the size from the pic, either. I have owned that style of FM
antenna before, hence my observation. You may be right about it being for
UHF, as well.

Old July 2nd 07, 03:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

The square pole part is 30 inches long .
The longest `wings` are 30 inches .

I assume the hookups are the wing nuts in the middle of the zig zags .
There is no complete circuit between anything . The 4 sets of wings are
not connected to anything . I thought UHF or FM was basically a loop .
The way the mounts are it looks like this was supposed to be mounted
standing up but i dont know .

I hooked it to a tv set and it did about as much as rabbit ears . Maybe
something is missing off it .

Old July 2nd 07, 06:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

William Sommerwerck wrote:
That's an FM antenna from the look of it.

Assuming I'm accurately judging its absolute size, it's not big enough to be
a multi-element antenna for 100MHz reception. And I've never seen an FM
antenna with ziggy-zaggys on it.

In case you're wondering... Many years ago I had a huge FM-only antenna
(from Channel Master, I think).

Mine was a Wineguard...20 elements, IIRC, doubled, with stacking harness
and a rotor on a 30' mast.

jak

Old July 2nd 07, 10:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Ken G." wrote in message
The square pole part is 30 inches long .
The longest `wings` are 30 inches .

I assume the hookups are the wing nuts in the middle of the zig zags .
There is no complete circuit between anything . The 4 sets of wings are
not connected to anything . I thought UHF or FM was basically a loop .
The way the mounts are it looks like this was supposed to be mounted
standing up but i dont know .

An antenna for any frequency CAN take pretty much any form. Some are not so
viable.

When you talk about the "wings" do you mean the elements at the back? Are
these 30" total or on one side?

whats up? Radio TexMex Shortwave 4 July 5th 06 08:25 PM
Whats up with the ULS Kap Swap 1 April 30th 05 08:11 PM
Whats on 4.845? gil Shortwave 2 December 30th 03 03:19 AM
Whats the value? LJ Boatanchors 1 November 8th 03 08:28 PM
Whats up Dan/W4NTI Policy 8 August 25th 03 02:25 PM