Old October 2nd 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default HD radio won't just go away.

In article .com,
wrote:

On Sep 30, 7:26 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article . com,

SFTV_troy wrote:
RHF wrote:

I want to see FM upgraded with three to four times more programs to
choose from.

SFTV_troy are you on d'Eduardo's Pay Roll ?
-or- Work for any of the Companies that Employ Him ?
-or- Work for a Radio Station using his Programming ?

Nope. I'm an electrical engineer who designs computer boards and
circuits.

I'd expect an electrical engineer to be more knowledgeable than your
posts indicate.

If you think one person can possibly know EVERYTHING there is to know
about the subject of electronics/electrical devices. For example:

- Do you know what VHDL is?

A language used for designing ASIC's or other types of digital devices.
A method of implementing software in hardware is another way to view it.

- How about a state machine?

Vaguely, a digital logic processor.

- Synchronous DDR?

Regarding RAM? Double date rate.

- PCI Express?

Standard computer card buss. Peripheral component interconnect.

- Flip-flop?

A two state digital circuit.

- What does GCLK mean in the context of FPGAs?

Probably means Global clock.

- What are constraints?

For me? None.

This is just a small sample of what I know, because this is what I
work upon every day..... but I suspect a lot of it you have no clue
what it's about. And that's fine. Because I don't expect one person
to know everything there is to know about EE.

I'm not impressed.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old October 2nd 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article .com,
SFTV_troy wrote:

David wrote:
On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 17:07:19 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

Oink!

Actually Eduardo wrote a very intelligent, very informative post.

YOU are just too stupid to understand it.

The real question is whether the left hand puppet knows what the right
hand puppet is doing.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old October 2nd 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article . com,
SFTV_troy wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:
"
Do you think that those kids listening to a ball game from a
distant station when they should have been sleeping know or care about DX
clubs? Or the trucker tuning across the dial to find something worth
listening to ....

Kids today use their computers to listen to distant stations, not
radio.

Truckers use XM or Sirius, not terrestrial broadcast.

You are living in the past, but everybody else has moved into the
future with Broadband internet, and Satellite. Time to wake-up and
smell the truth.

Are you a parent?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old October 2nd 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 1, 12:33 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"RHF" wrote in message

oups.com...

I am not a 'share'.
- - - I don't believe that anyone here considers themselves
to be a 'share'. {except you}

I am not a 'statistical sample'.
- - - I don't believe that anyone here considers themselves
to be a 'statistical sample'. {except you}

I am not a 'number'
- - - I don't believe that anyone here considers themselves
to be a 'number'. {except you}

I AM AN AVID RADIO LISTENER [.] -and- I BELIEVE EVERYONE
HERE IS AN AVID RADIO LISTENER ! {EXCEPT YOU}

-
- The economic model of radio, that which allows all but a handful
- of AMs to operate, is based on selling sets of ears to advertisers.
- If it is not possible to get lots of ears in a particular area, such
as
- the fringe extremes of daytime coverage or via skywave at night,
- then there is no way to create value for an advertiser.
-
- Only with ad support can stations provide any kind of quality
- programming. You only get ad support if there are listeners.
-
- A "share" is actually directly translatable into a finite number
- of people, so "shares" are people, listeners, humans. That is
- because it is a percentage of the total number of people listening
- to radio in a given time period. Every share level in each market
- translates into a specific number of listeners or a ratings number.
- Share = people listening = rating. Three ways to express the
- same number, based on individual people listening.
-
- Without this data, there would be no way to price advertising,
- and radio would have a totally different sales model.

Dang d'Eduardo - Another Robot Answer !

hello - someone please check his programming
-cause- he is stuck in a 'share' loop ~ RHF

ears = share people listening rating share . . .
- - - subroutine : economic model of radio
Old October 3rd 07, 12:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 8:32 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article .com,

wrote:
Telamon wrote:
wrote:

Nope. I'm an electrical engineer who
designs computer boards and circuits.

I'd expect an electrical engineer to be more
knowledgeable than your posts indicate.

I'd expect someone of your advanced age would have learned MANNERS by
now. I bet your secretary secretly says behind your back, "I hate
him; he's so arrogant and rude." Probably looks forward to the day
you retire, so she doesn't have to deal with you anymore, and I
suspect a lot of your coworkers feel the exact same way.

Actually I inspire loyalty because I don't dish out the BS like you do
and treat people as equals no matter their position in the company.

Then how come you keep talking down to me? "I'd expect an electrical
engineer to be more knowledgeable than your posts indicate." NICE
INSULT. Your actions here speak poorly.... I wouldn't want you for
my boss.

Old October 3rd 07, 01:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 3, 7:55 am, wrote:
On Oct 2, 8:32 pm, Telamon
wrote:

In article .com,

wrote:
Telamon wrote:
wrote:

Nope. I'm an electrical engineer who
designs computer boards and circuits.

I'd expect an electrical engineer to be more
knowledgeable than your posts indicate.

I'd expect someone of your advanced age would have learned MANNERS by
now. I bet your secretary secretly says behind your back, "I hate
him; he's so arrogant and rude." Probably looks forward to the day
you retire, so she doesn't have to deal with you anymore, and I
suspect a lot of your coworkers feel the exact same way.

Actually I inspire loyalty because I don't dish out the BS like you do
and treat people as equals no matter their position in the company.

Then how come you keep talking down to me? "I'd expect an electrical
engineer to be more knowledgeable than your posts indicate." NICE
INSULT. Your actions here speak poorly.... I wouldn't want you for
my boss.- Hide quoted text -

You claim to be an engineer, and yet you alternately fear the internet
and predict its demise without offering so much as a shred of
explanation. Now, just connect the dots.

Old October 5th 07, 08:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 2, 4:23 am, wrote:
Telamon wrote:
wrote:

Nope. I'm an electrical engineer who designs
computer boards and circuits.

I'd expect an electrical engineer to be more knowledgeable than your
posts indicate.

- I'd expect someone of your advanced age would have learned MANNERS
by
- now. I bet your secretary secretly says behind your back, "I hate
- him; he's so arrogant and rude." Probably looks forward to the day
- you retire, so she doesn't have to deal with you anymore, and I
- suspect a lot of your coworkers feel the exact same way.

SFTV -aka- "Hybrid Digital" Man,

Dang besides being an 'EE' - You Are A Mind Reader Too !

when manners really do matter... do you matter too ~ RHF