Old July 18th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBiquity - Where's the "HD" in "HD" radio?

WSRB: FM 106.3 R&B=HD1 / HD2=Soul;

WGCI: FM 107.5 Hip Hop R&B=HD1 /HD2=Old School Hip Hop

Maybe you should buy anHD radioand discover what's out there..instead of
parroting whatever negative information you may have heard.

Most of these formats are just clever reqorks off the main analog
channels:

Another parrot?

Check the playlists. They are not.

Wouldn't you rather be informed about things before you speak?

Old July 18th 08, 10:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 6, 10:24*pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
[snip]

As far as AM HD, what the consumers don't want is AM. No amount of
technology can fix the AM band and its old-fart image among most anyone
under about 45. This is why AM listening is declining so fast, and the only
remaining listeners soon will be over 55, a group nearly no agency ad
account wants.

It's true. AM's problem is perceptual rather than technical in
nature, so it would be surprising if a technical solution (AM stereo
or HD radio) would do much to help stem its gradual decline.

AM radio has nowhere to go but more of where it is already: carrying
focused formats with significant but limited appeal that wouldn't fly
on FM. It might continue to be modestly successful in this way for a
long time to come, however, because there are probably just enough
people who will listen to a 24/7 polka station (for example) in a
metro area to fly on AM.

One man's gold is another man's trash. Don't be surprised if many
people tune up and down the AM dial and find little of interest to
them, and never bother with AM again. I suspect that this has already
happened with a lot of less old listeners.

Old July 18th 08, 11:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default AM Radio Talks To Me -and- Speaks What's On My Mind

On Jul 18, 2:58*am, Bart Bailey wrote:
In

posted on Fri, 18 Jul 2008 02:42:06 -0700 (PDT),

wrote: Begin *

One man's gold is another man's trash. *Don't be surprised if many
people tune up and down the AM dial and find little of interest to
them, and never bother with AM again. *I suspect that this has already
happened with a lot of less old listeners.

- Only reason the 'more old listeners' don't abandon AM
- after a couple tuning passes is a lingering nostalgia for
- the days when AM was OK

D'Oh ! . . . AM is still A-Ok ! - yeah ~ RHF

Feel The Rush & Get Hannitized -aka- The Savage Nation

AM Radio Talks To Me -and- Speaks What's On My Mind

Real Men Listen To AM/MW Radio
- - - don't be an fm radio wos ~ RHF