Old March 23rd 10, 03:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default CNN poll: Republicans don't like health care bill

On 2010-03-23, BDK wrote:

I don't know how old you are, but if you can swing it, the AARP long
term health care insurance is a bargain, if you need it. My mother had
it and it was a lifesaver, paying for 3 years of assisted living that I
had no possible way to pay for. I'm getting it for myself, since you
never know....

Could you give a few more details on the AARP insurance, BDK? I'm
retired and taking care of my mom who may need just what your mom
did. Just tell where to look and I'll do the legwork. Thankyou.

nb
Old March 23rd 10, 03:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That married Irish woman wayyyy over yonder across the big pond in
Bognor Regis,England, she is part Irish, part British by Ancestry.

Her dad lives in Bognor Regis too.A few years ago he went to
Limerick,Ireland to visit some relatives and friends.His doctor in
Bognor Regis had told him it was ok for him to travel.As soon as he got
to Limerick, he wound up in Dooradoyle hospital in Limerick.His prostate
gland had swollen up and was just about to bust, nearly killed him.The
surgeons at Dooradoyle hospital saved his life.They were amazed that his
doctor in Bognor Regis had told him it was ok for him to travel.
I still have the email letter she sent me, telling me all about it.

You think socialized health care is good for America? You haven't seen
anything yet!
cuhulin

Old March 23rd 10, 03:07 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.usa,alt.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 23, 7:31*am, Beam Me Up Scotty Then-Destroy-
wrote:
On 3/22/2010 11:12 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

On Mar 22, 5:54 pm, Beam Me Up Scotty Then-Destroy-
wrote:
On 3/22/2010 8:26 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

On Mar 22, 5:20 pm, Paul Briskette wrote:
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:26:42 -0600, vict0r wrote:

Washington (CNN) - A majority of Americans have a dim view of the
sweeping health care bill passed by the House, saying it gives
Washington too much clout and won't do much to reduce their own health
care costs or federal deficits, according to a new poll released Monday.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...mericans-dont-

like-health-care-bill/?fbid=SrzW3C7j_y

That means the bill is very good. The way politics work is that "Nobody
won".

Look it up!

This bill will help my family considerably. *My %^$%#^%$ insurance
company already has been raising my rates constantly, and trying to
give us the runaround. *This thing, as odd as it is, will make a
difference in several important salient health-related details, cost
not being a big deal among them.

Bruce

You can fire them, up until Obama signs it into law. *Then you are
forced to have insurance or accept government health care.

Too bad, you're forced by Obama to pay someone you hate.

Right now, I have no choice *anyway* - if I don't pay installments to
some bloodsucking insurer, I run the risk of my family - both of whom
have highly treatable preexisting conditions - dying needlessly. *If
Obama and I really had our way, the government-run single payer option
- used VERY successfully by numerous more civilized nations around the
world - would obviate the need to pay any private for-profit company
whose sole goal is to milk me out of money and support me as little as
possible in my time of need.

You go to them they don't come to you. *You get out your wallet freely,
but Obama wants to hold a gun to your head.

I don't especially care if you like the government option or not - the
proof is in the pudding, and the substantial majority of people I have

If you want to live in France/Canada.... *then just do it.

spoken with from those nations have good cause to believe that their
systems work well. *Many cannot believe the barbaric system we are
still stuck with here in the States.

I have an English Girlfriend..... * they don't like or get good health
care, her girlfriend died 20 years ago, killed by the National health
care who didn't tell her she had stomach cancer until it was too
late.... * she came here to America and the doctors said that, had she
only come here earlier, it was treatable.

That's your good government care.

Nice and pretty, and her name was Chris.

Bruce- Hide quoted text -

Well, that's one. To set and match it - my Dad, depending on US
medicine, did not know he had stomach cancer until it was too late,
thanks to 40 years of inept Americam medicine. Another - my Mom had
cancer for three years, died of it, and the doctors never did figure
out what kind of cancer it was! So don't give me any bull**** about
the British medical system failing its patients - the US fails as
often if not more, and the life expectancy in the UK, despite what can
only be described as a horrible diet, is a year longer than the US.
Same with about 30 other nations who all have socialized medicine.

We ourselves spend a good deal of time wondering if my wife's asthma
is going to be effectively treated next month or year. Something they
do not fear in Britain.

I have plenty of stories from Brits who would not trade their system
for the third-world system we have in the States. People with chronic
diseases and disabilities, people who have immediate problems in their
homes, get medical attention when they need it, day or night, at their
homes, and they pay not a penny OOP. They have plenty of $$$ for
travel, hobbies, nice homes and fun.

Bruce
Old March 23rd 10, 04:26 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.usa,alt.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
[...]

You misunderstand, the Government health care in England didn't miss the
cancer, they knew she had it early on, they knew it could be treated....
The FREE GOVERNMENT HEALTH CARE CHOSE NOT TO tell her that she had
stomach cancer and they were letting her die with the full knowledge
that she could be helped.

Doctors here in the USA confirmed that treatment was an option but by
the time she was informed.... it was too late.

out what kind of cancer it was! So don't give me any bull**** about
the British medical system failing its patients - the US fails as
often if not more, and the life expectancy in the UK, despite what can
only be described as a horrible diet, is a year longer than the US.
Same with about 30 other nations who all have socialized medicine.

I hope you get Government health care, you deserve it. It's too bad you
have to move to get it but I don't feel bad about that.

The Constitutionality of government health care here in America will
never allow it, this law Obama signed is unconstitutional and he knows it.

To begin with, it will allow government to tell a woman what to do with
her body.

Old March 23rd 10, 06:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

There Will Be REVOLUTION!
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=286188

Let the REVOLUTION BEGIN, NOW!

Now, lets me gits bak tu ahwoikin onna mah houyse.
I am slow, but I am stady.I am hell when I am well, trubl is, Ahh stay
sick all the time.Thease cigs arre killin me!
WORK! ~ Maynard G. Krebs.
cuhulin

Old March 23rd 10, 07:43 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.usa,alt.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
[...]

her body.- Hide quoted text -

OK, well - you still have one data point. I have lots of datapoints
that say otherwise. One of my own British friends, who has gotten
what she believes is the best cancer treatment on earth, and which has
kept her alive and comfortable for decades, would undoubtedly disagree
with you, for example.

Just to annoy you,. I am staying here in the U.S. - NYAAHHH! Where I
can already have the quality of health insurance you abhor.

Constitutionality? WHAT Constitutionality? Please don't invent false
arguments. I doubt if you know the Constitution from a telephone
pole. It is neither constitutional nor unconstitutional until the
Supreme Court decides the case.

Tell a woman what to do with her body? I know you are just DYING to
explain this one.

Bruce
Old March 23rd 10, 08:17 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.usa,alt.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 22, 5:26*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
[...]

You're in for a big surprise. The country can't afford free health
care. Your cost of health care will go up.
Old March 23rd 10, 08:48 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.usa,alt.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 23, 1:17*pm, znuybv wrote:
[...]

care. *Your cost of health care will go up.- Hide quoted text -

Prove it, please. Maybe it will, maybe not. It already jumped 73%
this month; you think it will be worse than that? Explain. Be
specific. Extra points given for avoidance of opinions in place of
facts.

Bruce Jensen
Old March 23rd 10, 09:59 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.usa,alt.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave

znuybv wrote:

You're in for a big surprise. The country can't afford free health
care. Your cost of health care will go up.

And the cost of health care hasn't *already* been going out of control
for the last ten years or more?

How could you have missed that? What other planet were you visiting?
Old March 23rd 10, 10:02 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.usa,alt.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave
Geo Geo is offline

On Mar 22, 9:46*pm, Beam Me Up Scotty Then-Destroy-
wrote:
On 3/22/2010 9:25 PM, wy wrote:

On Mar 22, 8:54 pm, Beam Me Up Scotty Then-Destroy-
wrote:
[...]

You make it sound like you'll never ever, ever never need health care
for as long as you live. *Which is an impossibility, of course. *So
just cough up the cash and stop being an idiot about it.

Never...

I will go to Obama-land Prison first.

Where you will pay for food, water, sewer, Cable, clothes and electric
and room and board....

You left off free healthcare.