Old January 21st 12, 09:46 AM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

Default Fox News 2012: HD Radio one of "The Biggest CES Flops of AllTime" LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

On 1/21/12 12:59 AM, sms88 wrote:
The mistake many people make is trying to claim that just because the
audio is perceived as near CD quality by listeners

The mistake you make is to lie about the sound quality. All these
'tests' you are talking about are rigged by the industry, as has been
described in detail on the group recently.

gr, hwh
Old January 21st 12, 05:05 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave
SMS SMS is offline

On 1/21/2012 1:46 AM, hwh wrote:
On 1/21/12 12:59 AM, sms88 wrote:
The mistake many people make is trying to claim that just because the
audio is perceived as near CD quality by listeners

The mistake you make is to lie about the sound quality. All these
'tests' you are talking about are rigged by the industry, as has been
described in detail on the group recently.

Sorry, no one has provided any evidence to show that to be the case. It
may be something that they desperately want to believe, since as you've
seen some people will fall for anything (witness the claims of HD
interference caused by a central valley AM station which does not even
broadcast in HD).
Old January 21st 12, 05:10 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

"SMS" wrote in message

(witness the claims of HD
interference caused by a central valley AM station which does not even
broadcast in HD).

Over and over again with that same bull****. This is why people don't like
you Steven

Mark

Old January 23rd 12, 07:26 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

"D. Peter Maus" wrote in message
On 1/20/12 15:22 , FarsWatch4 wrote:
What's also not being addressed, is that stations are also processing
the dynamics on the HD streams.

It's not being addressed because it's not true.

Even yet another case where you're denying a simple truth. Stations ARE
processing their HD streams. Sometimes as heavily as their baseband
streams.

And many are not processing them at all.

But the truth is, that they are not processing it just like they do on the
broadcast band.

There is seperate processing. SOme stations don't use virtually any
processing at all on their HD streams.

Most, however, do.

I would say that MOST do not. (As someone currently working in the
industry.)

So, manglement calls for more processing on the HD Streams.

Yes, it does happen. It happens quite a lot, actually.

This is a vast generalization. No, it doesn't happen "quite a lot".

Old January 23rd 12, 07:27 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

"D. Peter Maus" wrote in message
On 1/20/12 15:23 , FarsWatch4 wrote:
"D. Peter wrote in message
On 1/17/12 01:03 , FarsWatch4 wrote:
"D. Peter wrote in message
On 1/16/12 15:30 , FarsWatch4 wrote:
"D. Peter wrote in message
On 1/16/12 11:35 , FarsWatch4 wrote:
"Phil wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 01:55:32 -0500, "FarsWatch4"
wrote:

9 out of 10 doctors also recommended cigarette smoking to
aid
and
improve digestion.

Where is this study?

This was highly touted in advertising during the 1940s.

It was an advertising ploy. Not a study, per se.

I hope we can tell the difference.

Insult aside, it WAS indeed based on surveys.

A survey designed by an advertising company....again, I hope you can
tell
the difference.

Insult aside, it was a survey designed by the Tobacco Industry.

Yes it was.

It was a survey designed by the business its conclusion supported.

Yes it was.

The results were used to promote sales the industry's products.

Yes it was.

Not unlike iBiquity designing and sponsoring surveys the results
of
which supports sales of its products.

The surveys I have seen were not designed nor sponsored by
iBiquity...but
were seperate research projects done by stations themselves by hiring
outside research companies with no stake in the outcome.

As someone who participated in the execution of several such surveys,
that is simply not true.

You mean you couldn't tell when you were being snookered into an
advertising
campain?

Ah, so you admit that the HD surveys are just an advertising
scheme....thank you for finally admitting the truth.

Nope. I'm saying I can tell the difference between an advertising campagn
and scientific research..

Can't you?

Old January 23rd 12, 07:28 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

On 1/20/12 15:25 , FarsWatch4 wrote:
"Dave wrote in message
On 1/16/2012 11:03 PM, FarsWatch4 wrote:

The surveys I have seen were not designed nor sponsored by
iBiquity...but
were seperate research projects done by stations themselves by hiring
outside research companies with no stake in the outcome.

You mention "surveys" in the plural. The only one I have seen is this:

Many surveys have been done by individual stations...not by iBiquity.

They are proprietary...and not used as "selling points" as the one you
mentioned is.

They most certainly are used as selling points. That's why they go to
the effort and expense of conducting them.

No they are not. Most research indfividual station do is never released to
the public.

It is for internal strategic decision making.

Old January 23rd 12, 07:30 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

"D. Peter Maus" wrote in message
On 1/20/12 15:26 , FarsWatch4 wrote:
where Ibiquity purposely controlled the audio chain to make the
analog sample sound bad. What others are there?

Dave B.

There have been many across the country. I've been involved in 8, I
think. Maybe one more.

If you were involved with EIGHT...maybe more? Then there was something
wrong with the mthodology of this survey

Not at all. 6 were in other markets. 2 were followup studies.

Then the methodology is flawed....and as a reesult, I would be suspect of
any conclusions.

You're not familiar with the way this kind of survey is done. Rarely
just one. Never in a single location. And about 1/3 of the time with a
current followup to note trends in response, or changes in perceptuals.

You're correct. In all my years in broadcasting, I have never heard of such
a silly way to do a "survey".

Don't draw any conclsuions from it.

Old January 23rd 12, 07:50 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

"iBiquity Fraudsters" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 9:41 am, SMS wrote:
On 1/14/2012 2:57 AM, hwh wrote:

On 1/14/12 10:51 AM, RHF wrote:
Hello ! - Wake-Up FCC Expand The FM Radio Band
from 76 MHz to 88 MHz - Do It Now !

I have to say that using 76 - 88 MHz for digital radio sounds like a
good idea. ANy objections? ;-)

gr, hwh

Sadly, what matters is not what anyone says on Usenet, but what the
broadcasters want.

LOL! Then why do you spend so much time here shilling for iBiquity?

I get a kick out of showing up your lack of understanding and psychological
issues!

No, what matter is what consumers want - consumers never asked for HD.

Yes they did. COnsumers asked for more choices on the dial.....and HD
addresses that.

Old January 23rd 12, 07:51 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

**** off! LMFAO!!!!

Perfect response when someone shows you up Farce!

LOL!

Old January 23rd 12, 08:26 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

"Dave wrote in message
On 1/16/2012 11:03 PM, FarsWatch4 wrote:

The surveys I have seen were not designed nor sponsored by
iBiquity...but
were seperate research projects done by stations themselves by hiring
outside research companies with no stake in the outcome.

You mention "surveys" in the plural. The only one I have seen is this:

Many surveys have been done by individual stations...not by iBiquity.

They are proprietary...and not used as "selling points" as the one you
mentioned is.

They most certainly are used as selling points. That's why they go to
the effort and expense of conducting them.

No they are not. Most research indfividual station do is never released to
the public.

Which must be why the phrase 'most people in listening tests
prefer...' has never appeared in any promotional material.

Research is never released. But that's a strawman argument.
Certainly no station releases raw Arbitron data, for instance, But
interpreted results are always used in promotional and sales. There
is no reason otherwise to spend the money to do them.

It is for internal strategic decision making.

Again, a strawman argument. Even material used for internal
decision making is eventually sold to the public.

Perceptuals find their results in promos stating "we asked and
you said..." "Playing YOUR favorites."

Perceptuals, and surveys find their way into sales pitches at ad
agencies.

Your attempts to derail responses to a fictitious followup belie
your intent to have a reasonable discussion.

The truth has no need of such trickery. Nor does it have need for
the gratuitous insults. Nor debate tactics based on strawman arguments.

You've exposed yourself as a fanboi. Nothing more.