Old February 12th 17, 05:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Liberty Net

I didn't think it was possible for this group of geniuses to lower the bar any lower but they've managed.

Hours of "contributors" reading seemingly endless news articles. Gosh how riveting. Last week one hick even broadcast a 13 minute tape of some preacher. All without objection from the net controller. Good grief.

Someone might want to inform these dreadful bores that the quickest way to put an audience to sleep is to read on air. Drone on and on and on in monotone and listen to the snoring ensue...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

At least in the good old days one could derive some comic relief by observing the peg on the kookometer being buried. The current stable of dolts aren't even original enough to do that nowadays.

Absolutely dreadful.
Old February 16th 17, 07:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Ping Nyssa...

As one of the few interesting participants on the Liberty Net I'm interested in your thoughts and opinions on the current state of the LN.

For the record; Marty in NJ is always interesting and it is good to hear Al in Long Island back. That makes three of you. Wow the pickins sure are slim nowadays.

Did Al really win $5000 from Alex Jones for his video about Hillary Clinton?
Old February 16th 17, 12:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 1:03:00 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Ping Nyssa...

As one of the few interesting participants on the Liberty Net I'm interested in your thoughts and opinions on the current state of the LN.

For the record; Marty in NJ is always interesting and it is good to hear Al in Long Island back. That makes three of you. Wow the pickins sure are slim nowadays.

Did Al really win $5000 from Alex Jones for his video about Hillary Clinton?

I will never click on laslimes again. 64 of those worthless no damn good so-called news notifications shows up on my screen.I didn't read any of them, I kept on left clicking untill I got them all out of there. That Deer that got hit by that Airplane, that is all the news for today, maybe tomorrow and the weekend too. The local area so-call TV news around here, it is all about that Deer and the Airplane. About 40 Deer get hit by Airplanes every year in America.
Old February 16th 17, 02:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Ping Nyssa...

As one of the few interesting participants on the Liberty
Net I'm interested in your thoughts and opinions on the
current state of the LN.

For the record; Marty in NJ is always interesting and it
is good to hear Al in Long Island back. That makes three
of you. Wow the pickins sure are slim nowadays.

Did Al really win $5000 from Alex Jones for his video
about Hillary Clinton?

Marty and I (and several others, especially those who are
on the chat area of 3950.net during the LN) are not happy
with several things going on lately with the Net.

The long pre-recorded commentaries are one of the biggest
problems. Most don't mind a short clip that is relevant to
the discussion topics, say 30-90 seconds maximum, but those
that go on for ten, fifteen, twenty minutes or more go
against the grain. It's not "discussion" IMO. And most
of them have been boring as heck. Unfortunately, I'm not
Net Control nor is Marty during the Saturday LN, so we
can only comment to Vic outside the LN and express our
objections. It's up to him to cut it off or not, but he
seems to want to continue to allow it, so there ya go.

Steve from Ohio's filibusters are another sore point. He
takes one fact, then embellishes it with non-facts and
suppositions that drive me crazy. That and his transmissions
go on too long, especially on nights when we have a lot
of check-ins waiting to participate. Again, it ain't my
call whether to cut him off and move along.

I have no idea if Al won a prize or not. His signal isn't
very readable via Marty's receiver most nights. His new
connection via a computer patch is better at times, but
I must admit to not hearing everything he says, mostly
due to Marty talking over him back channel to me about
something or other.

I'm glad to know *someone* out there appreciates the work
I put in preparing articles and commentary each week.
Sometimes I wonder if it's worth the effort when so much
time is wasted on the LN by recordings and filibusters.

You might want to check out the Mid-Week Liberty Net on
Wednesday nights. It starts an hour earlier than the
Saturday one and Marty is the Net Controller. I don't
do the mid-week, but you might find the topics of interest
since they tend to be more on the philosophical and
scientific types of topics instead of current events and
politics.

Nyssa, who needs to start preparing her notes for Saturday
night's LN

Old February 16th 17, 04:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 8:18:36 AM UTC-6, Nyssa wrote:
wrote:

[...]

kmox streaming online player.streamtheworld.com/liveplayer.php?callsign=KMOXAM

Old February 16th 17, 05:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

DhiaDuit wrote:

kmox streaming online
player.streamtheworld.com/liveplayer.php?callsign=KMOXAM

I'm on a dialup connection, so no streaming for me.

But it does support my gripe at Sirius for putting some NHL
games on their Internet "radio" and charging extra for it
when almost all of the teams offer FREE streaming of their
games on their various websites plus on the *real* radio
station's website.

Nyssa, who is stuck in the 20th century as far as an
Internet connection is concerned

Old February 16th 17, 08:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 11:16:18 AM UTC-6, Nyssa wrote:
DhiaDuit wrote:

kmox streaming online
player.streamtheworld.com/liveplayer.php?callsign=KMOXAM

I'm on a dialup connection, so no streaming for me.

But it does support my gripe at Sirius for putting some NHL
games on their Internet "radio" and charging extra for it
when almost all of the teams offer FREE streaming of their
games on their various websites plus on the *real* radio
station's website.

Nyssa, who is stuck in the 20th century as far as an
Internet connection is concerned

tuoitrenews.vn Hmmmm,,,, looks like Saigon is putting the brakes on sidewalk driving,,,,
Old February 17th 17, 05:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

[...]

Thanks for your candid response Nyssa, frankly I thought you would sugar coat things. I understand the position you and Marty are in regarding Vic. With him being net controller for over 40 years you really have no viable options to implement the needed changes short of a coup d'état and you are both too classy to do that. So grin and bear it you must.

By the by, I've always detected a very subtle dislike of Marty by Vic. I believe the seeds of that were likely sown years ago because Marty was one of the few LN participants with the courage to disagree openly with him. I seem to recall Vic's proclamation that "Reagan was the best President ever" to be a particular point of contention between them. Anyway that's just my take from the outside looking in. And good for Marty.

Your insights into Steve are spot on. The platitude "it isn't what one knows that is so dangerous, it's the things that one knows that aren't so that are so dangerous" always leaps to mind when listening to his harangues. Also, I don't know if you've noticed this but he is evidencing early signs of Alzheimer's which he's mentioned his mother has. Count the number of times he can't remember things during his transmissions. In toto he is a rather sad case but it is difficult to feel sorry for someone so cock sure of himself.

As for the mid-week LN, I am usually listening to a hockey game so it isn't even on my radar screen to tune in. Old habits die hard. Some things are just meant for Saturday nights and the LN is one of them.

And yes your research and contributions on the LN are definitely appreciated by more than you know. Thanks for the hard work and effort you put forth to make the LN a worthwhile listen.

Hear ya Saturday eve.

Old February 17th 17, 07:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

I never sugar-coat things, except baked goods. Just can't have a
decent cinnamon bun without that icing on top.

Interesting that you think Steve might be showing signs of early
Alzheimer's. To tell the truth, I often zone out during his
harangues and chat with Marty backchannel or read a book or do
a word puzzle on my Kindle while he's transmitting.

All too often Steve will either take a topic I've already covered
and contradict what I've reported (without citations, of course,
unless it's Alex Jones) or will launch out on a treatise of some
computer topic, again contradicting reports I've made and doing so
at length. The fact that I've actually had formal university training
in computer science and management information systems plus many
years of on-the-job experience in the field with top companies
doesn't hold up against his seat-of-the-pants declarations. I don't
doubt he does this on purpose simply to try to get under my skin.
Sorry, I won't take the bait since it isn't worth the effort, and
he wouldn't listen or learn anyway.

And he never unkeys to let anyone comment or refute his rantings,
so it's better for my overall well being to simply ignore him
lately.

The Mid-Week Liberty Net recordings are available for download on
3950.net in mp3 format. You might like to give one or two a try
to compare and contrast to the Saturday night confabs.

Like you, I'm doing the hockey thing on Wednesday nights plus
preparing for *two* sessions a week (plus recovery time the next
day from the late hours) would take too much of a chunk out of
my week to the detriment of other necessary chores.

You might also like to join the 3950.net chat that goes on during
the LN. Just send an email to Kevin with a request along with
your preferred user name for a login and password. It used to be
an open site and chat, but after months of drive by spamming
and troublemakers, the decision was made by Kevin and Marty to
require the email procedure for the initial login.

Same goes for any others still reading this thread who want to
join in the Liberty Net's official chat on Net nights.

Nyssa, who has her stack of articles printed for the LN but still
needs to do the editing part

Old February 18th 17, 07:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 1:49:34 PM UTC-6, Nyssa wrote:

You might also like to join the 3950.net chat that goes on during
the LN. Just send an email to Kevin with a request along with
your preferred user name for a login and password. It used to be
an open site and chat, but after months of drive by spamming
and troublemakers, the decision was made by Kevin and Marty to
require the email procedure for the initial login.

Same goes for any others still reading this thread who want to
join in the Liberty Net's official chat on Net nights.

Been there done that with the chat room. I was kicked out many moons ago because I had the temerity to disagree with the clique that dominates. No biggie. I have better things to do than sit at a computer observing a brotherhood of has been rednecks inhaling each others dicks.

I don't sugar coat things either Nyssa.

Liberty Net 3.958 bob General 12 March 20th 05 10:35 PM
Liberty Net 3.958 bob Policy 12 March 20th 05 10:35 PM
Liberty Net 3.963 LSB * Soliloquy * Shortwave 0 March 13th 05 03:06 AM
Liberty Net vs. the BBC Doctor Artaud Shortwave 14 December 2nd 03 09:46 PM
~~~~~~~~LIBERTY NET~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ RedOctober90 Shortwave 7 November 29th 03 05:59 AM