Old July 14th 04, 03:36 PM
Mark S. Holden

William S Everhart 90512 wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 08:35:20 -0400, "Mark S. Holden"
wrote:

Would a last minute attack cause you to change your vote? Probably not.

Betcha it would. 9/11 boosted Bushy's ratings through the roof.

People weren't thinking much about terrorism before 9/11/01. Now, they are, and the ones who are looking at the issues before deciding who to vote for will be mindful of the need for whoever is elected to do something about terrorism.
Old July 14th 04, 07:14 PM
Brian Running

The states have no control over federal elections, dumbass. No one
is "depriving" anyone of anything.

You are profoundly stupid, aren't you?

Dan

Pssssst, Dan, buddy -- you'd better check your facts again before you call
names and sling insults.

Old July 14th 04, 09:42 PM
bonos

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:21:22 -0400, dxAce wrote:

In that phone call I made to Steve, he actually pleaded with me to stay.
I'm beginning to think he really is gay.

I did no such thing. That's a fabrication on your part. You continue to state that,
and I continue to counter by asking just when you're leaving.
You also lied in that very same phone call, stating you had been fired by
Louisville Technical Institute. You had not as a subsequent phone call proved.
dxAce

What about you being GAY? You didn't deny THAT!

Old July 14th 04, 10:06 PM
dxAce

bonos wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:21:22 -0400, dxAce wrote:

In that phone call I made to Steve, he actually pleaded with me to stay.
I'm beginning to think he really is gay.

I did no such thing. That's a fabrication on your part. You continue to state that,
and I continue to counter by asking just when you're leaving.
You also lied in that very same phone call, stating you had been fired by
Louisville Technical Institute. You had not as a subsequent phone call proved.
dxAce

What about you being GAY? You didn't deny THAT!

So, I'm not gay. Disappointed, 'tard?

dxAce

Old July 15th 04, 01:36 PM
Mark S. Holden

Dan wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 01:44:40 -0400, longwave
wrote:

'Statewide' means all polling districts in the state. There was no
statewide recount in Florida.

OIC, we're playing semantic games. There were several recounts of
all of the contested counties in Florida. Bush won all of them.

No one was demanding a "statewide" recount.

Dan

Another factor in Florida was the networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox, &
MSNBC) forgot or didn't realize the Republican leaning western panhandle
is in a different time zone than the rest of the state, so at 8 eastern,
they announced the polls were closed and called the state for Gore.

I've read estimates this resulted in a net loss of 7,500 to 10,000 votes
for the Bush ticket. Bob Beckel, a political advisor for the Democrats
estimated "up to 8,000".

Florida wasn't nearly as close as most people think.

Old July 16th 04, 12:21 AM
longwave

wrote:

'Statewide' means all polling districts in the state. There was no
statewide recount in Florida.

"Read It & Weep", indeed!

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/politics/recount/

The New York Times is hardly a Bush supporter!

Dan

A legal recount is conducted by the election officers of a state, not a
newspaper. It would have uncovered the election fraud that resulted in
thousands of minority voters being disenfranchised. This is also
mentioned on that NYT website you referred to. The only fair solution
would have been a statewide re-vote in Florida with careful monitoring
of each polling place.

read and weep Woger ...and the belgrade bastard Chuck...K1KW General 2 October 4th 04 12:58 PM
read and weep Woger ...and the belgrade bastard Chuck...K1KW Policy 2 October 4th 04 12:58 PM
Read and Weep, Damn Burr Shortwave 2 March 28th 04 10:41 PM
Read it and WEEP!!! stewart Policy 0 January 20th 04 01:10 AM