Old July 19th 04, 08:47 PM
Tom Betz

dxAce wrote in :

You just can't stop whining, can you?

What exactly is it that you are afraid of?

If not fear, what is it that drives you to counter factual information
with ad-hominems? You only damage your own credibility with such
childish behavior.

Here's another bit of factual information for you.

From http://www.crainsny.com/news.cms?newsId=8414:

Air America soars to No. 2 in talk

Air America, the liberal talk-radio network that launched at the
end of March on WLIB-AM, has landed in second place in the New
York talk arena, its 1.7 share in the 25-to-54 demographic
beating rival WOR’s 1.0 share, according to the spring Arbitron
report.

--
|I always wanted to be someone,| Tom Betz, Generalist |
|but now I think I should have | Want to send me email? |
Old July 20th 04, 12:15 AM
YpsiMan

Left or Right?

Which is the one TRUE political path?
Old July 20th 04, 12:33 AM
Brian Hill

"YpsiMan" wrote in message
om...
Left or Right?

Which is the one TRUE political path?

independant!

Old July 20th 04, 01:02 AM
Stinger

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
. 70...
dxAce wrote in :
Personally, I'd trust Drudge's figures before I'd trust some stats on
a message board.

There's no accounting for bad taste.

Drudge reported only the 12+ demo.

--
|I always wanted to be someone,| Tom Betz, Generalist |
|but now I think I should have | Want to send me email? |
|been a wee bit more specific. | http://tinyurl.com/ps2u |

Oh, well there's a bit of hope for you! So then Air America won the
12-and-under demo?

-- Stinger

Old July 20th 04, 01:20 AM
Tom Betz

Quoth "Stinger" in news:UhZKc.407$NQ5.156
@bignews4.bellsouth.net:

So then Air America won the
12-and-under demo?

See http://www.crainsny.com/news.cms?newsId=8414.

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these

Old July 20th 04, 01:33 AM
Tom Betz

Quoth "T. Early" in news:40f800e1$0$10390
:

And that's the margin in one of the most liberal cities in the
country.

.... on a 30kW (daytime) signal at 1190 kHz, as opposed to a 50 kW (24/7)
signal at 770 kHz.

WLIB's signal gets pretty crappy pretty quickly as you move toward the
burbs. It's even difficult to pick up in much of Manhattan. WABC stays
quite powerful all over town.

Compare http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?
call=WABC&service=AM&status=L&hours=D side by side with
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?
call=WLIB&service=AM&status=L&hours=D to see the relative difference
between the number 1 and number 2 AM talk stations -- note the difference
in scale when comparing the two.

Then look at http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?
call=WOR&service=AM&status=C&hours=D to see what the number 3 AM talk
station has for a signal pattern. (Radio-locator.com is not a definitive
reference as to where you might or might not be able to pick up a signal;
but I've found that for making relative comparisons among stations'
signals, it's fairly useful.)

No, transmitter power doesn't make all the difference, but it certainly
matters; it's just one more obstacle that WLIB's three-month-old Air
America programming is overcoming.

Old July 20th 04, 01:41 AM
Diverd4777

In article , "Stinger"
writes:

Oh, well there's a bit of hope for you! So then Air America won the
12-and-under demo?

-- Stinger

- Let's try this again...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.crainsny.com/news.cms?new...bt=Air+America

Air America soars to No. 2 in talk

Posted on 07/19/2004 - A Web-only article from NewYorkBusiness.com

Air America, the liberal talk-radio network that launched at the end of March
on WLIB-AM, has landed in second place in the New York talk arena.

Air America, the liberal talk-radio network that launched at the end of March
on WLIB-AM, has landed in second place in the New York talk arena, its 1.7
share in the 25-to-54 demographic beating rival WOR’s 1.0 share, according to
the spring Arbitron report.

WOR’s hosts include conservatives Bill O’Reilly and Bob Grant.

WLIB trailed AM-radio leader WABC, whose hosts include Rush Limbaugh. It had a
2.3 share in the demographic.
Copyright 2004, Crain Communications, Inc

~~~~~~~

IMHO, " Morning Sedition " ( 6 A.M - 9 A.M. ) and Randi Rhodes ( Afternoon)
are quite informative & entertaining...

Have a little Sangean DT-110 I use on Long Morning Walks,
( Trying for 4+ miles / day; - ~ 10,000 Steps, Doctors suggestion / orders )

Found the best thing to listen to in NYC at that hour is 1190 A.M.; WLIB
" Air America.".
( Presidential Palm Pilot, Liberal Agenda & '"Recovery Corner" are all good
bits)

710 WOR ( Dull) 1130 WBBR ( Financial stuff) 880 +1010 ( all Hideous news)
WBGO 88.3 F.M Jazz 88 ( Jazz ! ! ) & WNYC 820 ( Talk, Talk, Talk )
are alternatives, and I flip through most of them , esp when one starts in with
another set of Commericials .
" Air America" has Quite a few commercials, ( Unfortunatly )
indicating someone is selling their demographics to sponsors,
who are getting on board...

Dan / NYC

Old July 20th 04, 01:45 AM
Tom Betz

Quoth David in news:530of0pvrbd8mkbpoqlj7l7df88jmic4bk@
4ax.com:

Al Franken claims they are the #2 talker in NYC and that Bill O'Reilly
is in the ****ter.

So says Arbitron, if you look (as the advertisers do) at the 25-54 demo.

Old July 20th 04, 02:07 AM
T. Early

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
. 70...
Quoth David in

4ax.com:

Al Franken claims they are the #2 talker in NYC and that Bill

O'Reilly
is in the ****ter.

So says Arbitron, if you look (as the advertisers do) at the 25-54

demo.

See http://www.crainsny.com/news.cms?newsId=8414.

I do not find this surprising. Just on a rough guess, what would you
think would be the ratio of potential liberal to conservative
listeners in NYC? As the song goes, if AirAmerica can't make it in
New York, it can't make it anywhere.....er, well, maybe San Francisco.

Old July 20th 04, 03:37 AM
Tom Betz

Quoth "-=jd=-" in
:

True - If they play their cards right, they *should* be #1 in NYC.

They'd have to add about 20kW to the 30 kW WLIB transmitter to have a fair
shot at #1.

#2 ain't bad for three months. Let's see whether they can hold onto it.

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these
men do not die well, it will be a black matter for the King that led them
to it; who to disobey were against all proportion of subjection." - W.S.

Air America -- Good Ratings in NY! Frank Dresser Shortwave 21 June 7th 04 12:12 PM
Shakeup At Air America Radio: CEO and Program Director Out Mike Terry Shortwave 12 April 29th 04 02:56 AM
Air America N8KDV Shortwave 6 April 28th 04 08:53 PM
Air America - where every flight crashes Stephen M.H. Lawrence Shortwave 4 April 15th 04 04:20 AM