Old July 20th 04, 04:15 AM
T. Early

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
. ..
Quoth "-=jd=-" in
:

True - If they play their cards right, they *should* be #1 in NYC.

They'd have to add about 20kW to the 30 kW WLIB transmitter to have

a fair
shot at #1.

#2 ain't bad for three months. Let's see whether they can hold onto

it.

I'm not that familiar with the New York AM market--that's #2 in 25-54
out of 3 -talk- stations, correct? As opposed to #2 overall on AM.
And with all respect to your well-taken point regarding the
transmitter, there is still a huge disproportion of liberals to
conservatives all over NYC--a huge built in market that should
minimize any transmitter issues.

Old July 20th 04, 01:02 PM
Tom Betz

Quoth "T. Early" in news:40fc8e47$0$5635
:

I'm not that familiar with the New York AM market--that's #2 in 25-54
out of 3 -talk- stations, correct?

Correct.

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these
Old July 20th 04, 01:08 PM
dxAce

Tom Betz wrote:

Quoth "T. Early" in news:40fc8e47$0$5635
:

I'm not that familiar with the New York AM market--that's #2 in 25-54
out of 3 -talk- stations, correct?

Correct.

But Rush is still #1, right?

Please don't give me a whiny answer.

Old July 20th 04, 02:19 PM
dxAce

"T. Early" wrote:

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
. ..
Quoth "-=jd=-" in
:

#2 ain't bad for three months. Let's see whether they can hold onto

it.

I'm not that familiar with the New York AM market--that's #2 in 25-54
out of 3 -talk- stations, correct? As opposed to #2 overall on AM.
And with all respect to your well-taken point regarding the
transmitter, there is still a huge disproportion of liberals to
conservatives all over NYC--a huge built in market that should
minimize any transmitter issues.

Some Arbitron ratings I just looked at placed WLIB 24th in the NYC market.

dxAce

Old July 20th 04, 02:41 PM
Tom Betz

Quoth dxAce in :

Some Arbitron ratings I just looked at placed WLIB 24th in the NYC market.

In the 12+ demo, 24th overall. But there aren't a lot of talk stations in
NYC.

http://radioandrecords.com/RRRatings...4&RY=2004&RQ=2
&MP=0&OTHER=2&MN=New%20York&MS=NY&MR=1&12P=1534000 0&UP=7/16/2004&SU=CM&BPER=
17.5&HPER=19.1&OPER=&NSD=8/23/2004&CE=0 aka http://tinyurl.com/6wb69 is a
readily available source for the most recently published 12+ ratings. It
also shows the breakdown of station owners and format.

Old July 20th 04, 04:13 PM
David Eduardo

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
. 70...
Quoth "T. Early" in news:40fc8e47$0$5635
:

I'm not that familiar with the New York AM market--that's #2 in 25-54
out of 3 -talk- stations, correct?

Correct.

No, it is also behind WFAN, a sports talker and WADO, a Spanish talker. Make
that #4 out of 5.

Old July 20th 04, 04:14 PM
David Eduardo

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
. 70...
Quoth dxAce in :

Some Arbitron ratings I just looked at placed WLIB 24th in the NYC
market.

In the 12+ demo, 24th overall. But there aren't a lot of talk stations in
NYC.

770, 620, 1280, 1050, 1190, 710 are all talk. Sports talk is also talk.

Old July 20th 04, 04:15 PM
David Eduardo

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
. 70...
Quoth "T. Early" in news:40f800e1$0$10390
:

And that's the margin in one of the most liberal cities in the
country.

... on a 30kW (daytime) signal at 1190 kHz, as opposed to a 50 kW (24/7)
signal at 770 kHz.

WLIB is fulltime.

Old July 20th 04, 04:25 PM
Tom Betz

Quoth "David Eduardo" in newsFaLc.24234$bj2.733
@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:

Sports talk is also talk.

It's a whole different breed of talk, but I'll be happy to accept your
judgement for discussion purposes.

Old July 20th 04, 04:31 PM
Tom Betz

Quoth "David Eduardo" in news:uGaLc.24235$7j2.20103
@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
. 70...
Quoth "T. Early" in news:40f800e1$0$10390
:

And that's the margin in one of the most liberal cities in the
country.

... on a 30kW (daytime) signal at 1190 kHz, as opposed to a 50 kW (24/7)
signal at 770 kHz.

WLIB is fulltime.

Yes, I was unclear in my expression; I meant to state their daytime power,
which covers the ratings time periods under discussion.

I see that I mistakenly gave the nighttime power (30 kW) for the daytime
power (really 10 kW, according to radio-locator.com).

Which makes their daytime ratings compared with the 50 kW WABC and WOR even
more impressive.

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these
men do not die well, it will be a black matter for the King that led them
to it; who to disobey were against all proportion of subjection." - W.S.

Air America -- Good Ratings in NY! Frank Dresser Shortwave 21 June 7th 04 12:12 PM
Shakeup At Air America Radio: CEO and Program Director Out Mike Terry Shortwave 12 April 29th 04 02:56 AM
Air America N8KDV Shortwave 6 April 28th 04 08:53 PM
Air America - where every flight crashes Stephen M.H. Lawrence Shortwave 4 April 15th 04 04:20 AM