Old October 6th 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default small antennas

On Oct 6, 8:16*am, John Smith wrote:
Richard Clark wrote:
73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

On second thought, your post reminds me, more, of a womans' slip showing
... I mean, taking for granted, one did not wish to expose what has been
exposed in the event.

Regards,
JS

John, do me a favour and re read Richards last 5 or 10 posts and then
ask yourself
Did Richard provide any thing to you that was usefull? He will only
supply querstions
so that he can belittle those that try to answer. He himself will
never supply anything
that is seen as profitablke to this group at large. If the last 12
postings doesn't satisfy
you then look at the last 25, or 50 postings. There is no likely
hood that he is going to change
after spending several years taking this tack to annoy people on this
group. So why respond to him
which only satisfies his quest of being belonged as a person some
where in this World.
He is lonely, he is without friends and just an obnoxious person
seeking a conversation with anybody
and I mean anybody that he can rope in and annoy just to extend the
length of the conversation so he has a sense of belonging.
So John look at his past postings and ask yourself is any conversation
with Richard worth while and then take the appropiate action.
He can then turn to KB9RQZ to satisfy his needs without disruption to
the rest of us and where he will find a true friend with similar
tastes.
Best regard
Art
Old October 6th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Richard Clark wrote:
73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

On second thought, your post reminds me, more, of a womans' slip showing
... I mean, taking for granted, one did not wish to expose what has been
exposed in the event.

Regards,
JS

John, do me a favour and re read Richards last 5 or 10 posts and then
ask yourself Did Richard provide any thing to you that was usefull? He will only
supply querstions so that he can belittle those that try to answer.

So much fun to read though. I never miss a post.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -
Old October 7th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Oct 4, 2:12*pm, John Smith wrote:
NM5K wrote:

Yes. But they deal with the real world, not a bunch of conjered up
voodoo science.

Funny you should mention that. *As, when you peek closely under the hood
of the NEC engine (at least the one I use and have the source code to),
it does have a bit of what you call "voodoo science", IMHO ...

Can you believe that? This guy is claiming that the method of moments
is voodoo science! I wonder what is peek under the hood was. What
books did he read? Can he still read books? It's twight time...

Only people with limited room are likely to be interesting
in accepting a decrease in performance, vs using full size
antennas. The only place you see me using small antennas on HF

Don't forget us guys who are over 50 and getting tired of maintaining
large hunks of metal in the sky and fighting the force of gravity Gods
to do so (in more ways than one! *

Not to mention those fierce ether winds.

And, not to mention neighbors, rules,
regulations, etc.) *With the price of real estate being manipulated near
"Hong Kong Prices" (what is that, about a million dollars a sq. ft.?),

I guess "John" has not heard about the real estate crash.

reduced size antennas will only increase in uses and demand ...

That is true because the microwave portions of the spectrum is
becoming so pervasive. But not HF.

Regards,
JS

Sigh....another senility eruption takes its course.
Old October 7th 08, 01:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

NM5K wrote:

[...]

John could well be correct as certain assumed conditions(assumptions)
were set over and above Maxwell's laws
prior to the program being computed !
These programs are generally used to determine the functions of planar
antennas and the like that do NOT meet
the conditions implied in Maxwell's laws. One condition implicite in
all the laws of the masters is that
Newtons laws with respect to equilibrium must be observed, which rules
out such arrangements as the Yagi.
This is not to say that Maxwell's laws are used incorrectly in antenna
programs,only that it is usually used outside
its intended usage where acountability of all vectors are not
accounted for, which thus provides aproximations
Close enough for horse shoes and lemmings but not for the pursuit of
science along the lines intended by Newton and others.
Best regards
Art Unwin KB9MZ
Old October 7th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Richard Clark wrote:
On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 10:16:39 -0700, John Smith
wrote:

And you have something intelligent to say? It would have to improve
over your gumming through
NEC engine (at least the one I use and have the source code to),
it does have a bit of what you call "voodoo science"

Voodoo science exists within the NEC code

Sorry Brett, gumming repetition does not prove an idea you already
allowed as being a dead and embraceable disgust. You clearly don't
have any idea how to progress beyond incantation of trolling
prosodies.

To your credit, no one expects originality from you. After all, that
is the point of your (self-supposed) anonymity (an ironic joke I
enjoy). You could as easily be Sara luxuriating in the flush of your
TV debate victory (complete with your aw-shucksisms)!

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Well, let me see here, I mean, I want to give you all due respect, and
all that ...

Have you presented material since the 1960's for us to preview ... no,
no it seems you have not ...

Have you presented any pertinent data which would catch ones interest,
no, no you have not ...

Have you presented any antennas which cannot be found in 1960's or prior
articles, papers or books, no, no you have not ...

Have, you presented ANY areas which have not been gone over 1000 times
.... no, no you have not ....

Have you been a pain in the arse, demanding attention to your
mutterings, claiming importance to your mutterings, well, yes, yes you
have done that ... YOU HAVE DONE THAT, UNFORTUANTLY!

Other than the bedrock of antenna literature, what have you to offer?
What do you have to say that we cannot find in a book by one of your
favorite gurus? What new have you offered, since, like say 1960?

Richard, if you are going to invoke minds such as Cecils', such as
Roys', such as Walters', such as many would were writing articles when I
was an adolescent--could you not reach down and offer just a bit more
.... I mean, if it is within your reach ... ROFLOL

No, no you cannot, however, surprise me ... it has happened before ...
perhaps you have saved the best for last ... or, is all you have to
offer more butt kissing of those who have gone before?

Sad, so very sad, but then, you already know that and have prostituted
all your mental prowess getting here ... imagine-a-tear-in-each-of-my-eyes

May Heaven provide you with better ...

Regards,
JS

Old October 7th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Art Unwin wrote:

Best regard
Art

You mean, AND THEN, notice the poor *(%^&$(*^*()& b*st*rd pokes fun at you?

Art, don't doubt me buddy, I have noticed!

However, Art, "You are a bit 'out there' even for me ... " wink

But, as always, the shade which could be pulled--remains open ...

Regards,
JS
Old October 7th 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Art Unwin wrote:

Best regard
Art

Art:

I have a weird sense of humor ...

But, "Poor Richard" (and NOT the invention of Franklin) has found the
end of that ... please forgive my bad behavior, my mother would scold
me, if she seen my past posts ... but then, she never enjoyed my
enjoyment of a good drink either (she is a total tea totaler) GRIN

Regards,
JS
Old October 7th 08, 03:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Art Unwin wrote:

[...]

With so many fools (indians?) after my scalp, I am lucky to remain on
the square I occupy ... these fools attempt to drag us back to dark ages ...

Regards,
JS
Old October 7th 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Oct 6, 9:24*pm, John Smith wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:

* ...

Best regard
Art

Art:

I have a weird sense of humor ...

But, "Poor Richard" (and NOT the invention of Franklin) has found the
end of that ... please forgive my bad behavior, my mother would scold
me, if she seen my past posts ... but then, she never enjoyed my
enjoyment of a good drink either (she is a total tea totaler) GRIN

Regards,
JS

John,
I have not read anything over the last two years regarding the M.O.M /
NEC
Can you give me a smigeon of information of what is being said of such
programs?
There was mention of such in a ARRL compendium a few years back that
made mention of the assumption made
on the continuity of an applied sine wave which conflicts I believe
with the Tank Circuit equivalent.
And ofcourse some programs do better with respect to proximity effect
better than others, but I have never seen anything of major content.
I do know that all four forces of the standard model are included in
such programs however they are rarely utelised since they are not
really understood
in the present state of the art.
Regards
Art