Old February 21st 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default David Eduardo - A Recent Conversation

On Feb 21, 9:12 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

As I said, I dropped out to put my own radio station on the air in a
large
market... a station that became #1 in its first few months on the air. I
must not have been too dumb, then.

Dumb enough to get tossed out of the country at gunpoint.

... for voicing oppostition to a brutal dictatorship. That's something to be
proud of.

What? Was the dictator intoleratant of falsified resumes? That
*******!

And, there is still the question of whether you actually owned the
station(s) in
the first place.

E mail to Carlos F. Cifuentes ] and ask him
who owned the station he workd for in the 60's. Fabricio is a TV personality
in Atlanta now, and was a Radio Musical DJ for many years in the 60's and
70's.

Whose real name is no doubt Charles O'Malley, from Toledo, Ohio.

Old February 21st 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
Keep dancing oh fraudulent one!

I guess it is a macro... or an autoresponder.
You'd best stop guessing, boy.

Take your best shot... I have the ng on a big 10 by 12 screen in a
conference room and a half dozen of my associates have a pool going on what
inane statement you will post next.

Go for it...

Liar, liar, pantalunes on fire!

LMFAO at one of the most fraudulent individuals I've ever come across in my 53
years on the planet.

Actually, when I was at CBS, the GM had the AOL Radio boards up on a
machine in the conference room, so staff could receive and respond to
questions from listeners in a public forum. He cruised all the radio
boards and some newsgroups every day, as a manner of getting street
level input. This went on for more than a year.

It was a good idea in theory but wasn't very effective as a tool
because the boards quickly became overrun by sockpuppets for a handful
of gripers, a few of whom were staff at the competition. And there was
a lot of the usual flame war bickering.

But what came out of the experiment, especially early on, was a
clear object lesson to the staff at how little the most vocal listeners
really knew or understood how the radio business worked. And how little
they cared about knowing.

So, it's not inconceivable that he may, indeed, have it up on a
machine in house.

And it's likely that some of his associates are participating.

Old February 21st 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
[...]

You've got to be kidding. Edweenie is a fraud, and it's highly unlikely that he was
putting up for display the little conversation we were having.

I have a great deal of respect for you, Pete, but you're really making me laugh with
this one.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 21st 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Here is a good one for ya,,,, f'loons.Check it out at,
alt.gossip.celebrities news group thangy.
cuhulin

Old February 21st 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:
David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
[...]

And you may be right. But, I have seen it done. And I've seen it done
at at least one station in Chicago.

Don't forget another participant in this newsgroup who used the flame
wars he started on RRS for his classroom. As well, he put them up in
edited form on an anti-nazi website, one that was quoted in a Peter
Jennings story on ABC News.

I have a great deal of respect for you, Pete, but you're really making me laugh with
this one.

Well, damn, Steve. Normally I have to be naked before I get laughs
like that.

You are, however--you'll be very glad to hear, not my type.

As long as I've got you here, let me ask you a question.

Being the Drake afficionado you are, what kind of experience have you
had with long term performance changes in your rigs? Component drift.
Heat related issues. Alignment stability. Things like that.

You've said you've had your rigs serviced by Drake....is that for any
specific failure, or is it just general maintenance?

The reason I ask is I'm looking at an R-8, and thinking about
stability and reliability matters.

Any input?

Old February 21st 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

She kissed him under the Balls.Under them three big Balls hanging over
that pawn shop.
There's a pawn shop on a corner in Pittsburgh,Pennsylvaniaaaaaa,,,,,,,,
and I walk up and down beneath the clockkkkkk,,,,,,,,, took her
doncin,,, took her dinin,,, till her blueeee eyes were shininnnnn,,,,,,,
and I just got to get five or ten,,,,,,,,
cuhulin

Old February 21st 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:
David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
[...]

I must have somehow missed that one, or forgotten about it. What was it about?

I have a great deal of respect for you, Pete, but you're really making me laugh with
this one.

Well, damn, Steve. Normally I have to be naked before I get laughs
like that.

You are, however--you'll be very glad to hear, not my type.

As long as I've got you here, let me ask you a question.

Being the Drake afficionado you are, what kind of experience have you
had with long term performance changes in your rigs? Component drift.
Heat related issues. Alignment stability. Things like that.

The R8 series seems to hold up quite well, other than the issue the R8B (and perhaps the
R8A) has with the rotary encoder used in the tuning mechanism.

I've never yet had to send in an R8 series for alignment per se though I did send my R8 to
Chuck Rippel for a passband tuning adjustment, I believe it was a number of years ago.

You've said you've had your rigs serviced by Drake....is that for any
specific failure, or is it just general maintenance?

Drake has/did service one of my R7's in the past and that was due to heat related issues
in the power supply. If I recall correctly a few diodes went. The only other *big* issue
to watch out for I think with the R7 is a failure of the on-off switch which is prone to
failure and is a hard item I understand to find. It of course is a dual control being both
an on-off switch and RF gain control.

My current R7 was aligned by Jeff Covelli, WA8SAJ, in November 2005. Good service.

The reason I ask is I'm looking at an R-8, and thinking about
stability and reliability matters.

Stability always seems to be good with the R8 series as does overall reliability IMHO.

Old February 21st 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

And you may be right. But, I have seen it done. And I've seen it done
at at least one station in Chicago.

Don't forget another participant in this newsgroup who used the flame
wars he started on RRS for his classroom. As well, he put them up in
edited form on an anti-nazi website, one that was quoted in a Peter
Jennings story on ABC News.

I must have somehow missed that one, or forgotten about it. What was it about?

Actually, you were instrumental in running that one off. A certain
"professor" who took it upon himself to create chaos where there was none.

[...]

Thank you.

I appreciate the insights.

Old February 21st 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

And you may be right. But, I have seen it done. And I've seen it done
at at least one station in Chicago.

Don't forget another participant in this newsgroup who used the flame
wars he started on RRS for his classroom. As well, he put them up in
edited form on an anti-nazi website, one that was quoted in a Peter
Jennings story on ABC News.

I must have somehow missed that one, or forgotten about it. What was it about?

Actually, you were instrumental in running that one off. A certain
"professor" who took it upon himself to create chaos where there was none.

Ahhh... It's all coming back to me now!

[...]

You're quite welcome.