Old July 22nd 05, 04:25 PM
D Peter Maus

Rufus Leaking wrote:
The ARS written test has been a joke for years. All the answers are
published, all one has to do is buy the book and memorize the answers..
no need to actually KNOW anything

a bit of a strawman argument, as the other FCC exams are also
published. When I tested for my 1st Class lic back in 78 (now the GROL)
we learned the test by taking and retaking older tests, provided to us
at Brown Inst by the FCC themselves.

You still gotta know the maths to do the formulae, etc. But most the
other regualtory stuff is easy to whip by rote memory...

The dirty little secret is that ALL Federally required tests are
published as required by law. Even FAA tests are published.

The testing issue is not an issue. And hasn't been for a long time.

And they're all multiple choice.
Old July 22nd 05, 04:38 PM
John Smith

Yes. What a ridiculous way to run a test, and every college does
it!!!

If you can prove you know by answering the questions correctly--they
pass you!!! Damn quacks, imagine the folly in that!

ROFLOL!!!!

John

"MnMikew" wrote in message

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

No. My point is that nobody needs to know ANYTHING to get an
amateur radio
license, because all the questions in the FCC question pool are
published
for anyone that wants to look for them. I don't know about where
you grew
up, but when and where I grew up, this was commonly referred to as

cheating,

Not really, an open book test perhaps.

Old July 22nd 05, 05:45 PM

I Propose DROP the FCC.(FEMA too) (DROP THEM ALL) Them FEMA Freaks got
all shook up about broad band over power lines.
cuhulin

Old July 22nd 05, 05:49 PM

Loctite? Don't put that crap on screws that hold plastic pickup truck
tail light lenses.You don't believe me? Try it and see.UP! Loctite!
Sideways!
cuhulin

Old July 22nd 05, 05:54 PM

Every since my old pickup truck plastic tail light lenses fell off
because I screwed up and used Loctite on the screws,There is NO WAY! on
GOD's Earth I will ever waste my money on ANY Loctite products ever
again! Ladies and Gentlemen,Boys and Girls,Stay Away From Loctite
products!
cuhulin

Old July 22nd 05, 06:10 PM

I am fixin to trot over to the Goodwill store (that pretty married Irish
woman wayyyy over yonder across the big pond tells me,Larry,you don't
need any more junk! [sure I do,Maggie]) for a while.I might find me a
reel good radio over there for about three or four dollars.
cuhulin

Old July 22nd 05, 06:16 PM
John Smith

They need instructions on the bottle which make it very plain that the
results of using their product are directly related to ones ability to
follow simple written instruction and apply the use of simple logic.

Can you write clear enough to make yourself understood (this is
unclear from your past posts here), anyway, if so, write them and
explain what has happened, perhaps they have a
"welfare-tail-light-replacement-plan" and will help ya out a bit.

Just a thought, hope it helps...

John

Old July 22nd 05, 06:28 PM
John S.

Cobol and Fortran programmers are disappearing breeds.....

Old July 22nd 05, 06:42 PM
MnMikew

"beerbarrel" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:03:14 -0500, "MnMikew"
wrote:

"beerbarrel" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:29:47 -0500, "MnMikew"
wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

John Plimmer wrote:

I couldn't agree more with dropping CW from the ham test.
It reminds me of the legal profession here in South Africa.
It used to be a requirement that lawyers had to pass Latin in high
school
and have at least two courses in Latin for their law degree.
That was scrapped about ten years ago amid loud protests from the
dinosaurs.
Today the law profession is flourishing more than ever before with

high
quality judges and advocates.
The only thing I have noticed is that the high and mighty no

longer
spew
out
Latin quotations = R.I.P.

Our SARL (South African Radio League) ham club is diminishing by

the
year
and the once crowded ham bands are now empty.
We need to make it easier for new entrants to come into this

wonderful
hobby.

Why does everything need to be made easier? Can't the 'tards learn

the
code? If
so, WHY can't the 'tards learn the code?

If ordinary folks could pass the test in years past what is so

different
today?

Laziness?

It's like being certified in COBOL when you work on MSSQL, it's a

waste
of
time.

But COBOL is still a viable language....

True, but it's popularity is waning.

I do have a buddy that programs for Loctite amd makes well up into 6
figures. It's still used pretty heavily in the business world.

Sure is. My shop is finally moving away from cobol to all java in the next
few years.

Old July 22nd 05, 06:43 PM
MnMikew

"John S." wrote in message
ups.com...
Cobol and Fortran programmers are disappearing breeds.....

Yeppers, they made a killing during Y2K, probably all retired.