Old December 17th 03, 02:44 PM
Nitespark

N4ATS wrote:
I am unclear as to why some people "bash" ebay. I bought a mint FT-847 ,
FC-20 , Triplexer and a brand new MD-100A8X desk mic all in a package
deal for $800.00 . Sure I had to pay $30 for shipping but I feel this
was a great deal. I received the radio and it was just as stated. It was
mint. I have bought almost ALL of my equipment on eBay. Is there
something I am missing? I think that some of these compainers are just
broke ($$$) and want something to cry about because it is not "given" to
them. Just my 2 cents...

N4ATS

Ebay is merely a medium for a buyer and a seller to get together. No
different than a hamfest other than some transactions are conducted as
auctions...others are a "buy it now" straight out sale. Has anyone ever
been burned at a hamfest....sure. I have bought and sold on Ebay with
only a few problems. In a recent auction, I was the seller, and the
"winning bidder" sent me an email saying he had bid on another item like
I was selling and wanted me to take less than what he had agreed to pay.
I gave him an opportunity to meet his end of the bargain. He didn't
and I left negative feedback and filed a complaint with Ebay to recoup
at least some of my losses (listing fees, etc). I relisted the item and
had a very smooth and easy transaction.

When some people have a bad experience, sometimes their frustration is
misdirected.

--
Gun Control works!!! 3 million Holocaust victims can’t be wrong.