Old September 11th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

Default New SkyWave almost ready to fire up...

"DrDeath" wrote in
:

"Spamstar" wrote in message
oups.com...
Steveo wrote:
It's funny when two assholes agree in public, ain't it?

Yes... just like Steve Parks and DrCoward

So you've finally lowered yourself to name calling. And yet you try to
present yourself as intelligent, you failed.

You seem upset, your CB still in the repair shop?

Bummer.

Sc
Old September 11th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default slowcode kook on parade

slowcode kook on parade

Old September 11th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default New SkyWave 2879ABTC almost ready to fire up...

On 10 Sep 2006 10:19:40 -0700, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote in
m:

Lancer wrote:
Please explain your multiplexed keying capabilities...

Aside from the usual COR (carrier operated relay) switching, the
multiplexed keying capability is designed into the SkyWave 2879AB (and
soon to be released 2879ABTC). It allows the user to "hard" key the
amplifier as soon as the mic button is pushed... regardless of what
mode they're transmitting in, with no additional wiring. This is done
with a simple modification to the radio. Email me, and I will send you
the information in the form of a PDF file.

Instead of unbalancing your balanced modulator (and thus defeating two
of the benefits of SSB), why not run a key line along side the coax?
After all, you gotta connect the two with coax anyway, right? Just use
the external speaker jack to route it out the radio. Or, if the extra
wire is too expensive, how about modifying the radio to superimpose a
DC keying signal onto the coax that can be detected by the amp? Even
better, and since most amps are mounted close to the radio, how about
including a couple mic jacks in the amp; one for the mic and the other
for a patch cable between the amp and the radio's mic jack? The latter
could even be used with the hard-line remote keying system mentioned
earlier.

All are much better solutions than detuning the radio.

Old September 11th 06, 11:01 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Frank Gilliland wrote:
Or, if the extra
wire is too expensive, how about modifying the radio to superimpose a
DC keying signal onto the coax that can be detected by the amp?

This is exactly how the "multiplexed switching "capabilities of the
SkyWave amplifiers work...

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old September 11th 06, 11:04 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On a sunny day (Sun, 10 Sep 2006 19:21:59 -0700) it happened Frank Gilliland
wrote in
:

Instead of unbalancing your balanced modulator (and thus defeating two
of the benefits of SSB),

Is he doing that? You must be joking right? I do not believe he does that?

why not run a key line along side the coax?
After all, you gotta connect the two with coax anyway, right? Just use
the external speaker jack to route it out the radio. Or, if the extra
wire is too expensive, how about modifying the radio to superimpose a
DC keying signal onto the coax that can be detected by the amp? Even
better, and since most amps are mounted close to the radio, how about
including a couple mic jacks in the amp; one for the mic and the other
for a patch cable between the amp and the radio's mic jack?

Sure, use the mike connector, I have this interface anyways for packet radio
(digital), cost only 3 connectors and 1 meter wire.
But then he needs different connectors for different types of sets.
And it takes some soldering.
Could sell it as : Adapter, gold plated? adapters is big business.....

Well I think that anyways after I have seen a gold plated audio cable for 100$
in a shop here ;-)

Old September 11th 06, 12:40 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default New SkyWave 2879ABTC Prototype Working Well...

Well, finished the testing of the temperature compensated biasing on
the new amplifier. It works as well as the original "hay-wired"
prototype I first made. I think the cicuit is very repeatable. I was
able to hold a 500mA collector current bias to +/-50mA from -30 to
+85C. Without the compensation, the variance over that temperature
range is about 4 to 5 Amps. I'm now in the process of evaluating the RF
performance... and then some life testing. If anyone is curious... the
preliminary specs are available for viewing at
http://www.telstar-electronics.com/S...202879ABTC.pdf

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old September 11th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

woger try
http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/**mipsor

You're a nut...

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old September 11th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Bob Dobbs EC42 wrote:
Is your "multiplexed switching" another way of referring to a phantom
wired TR line, IOW: a DC control link superimposed on the coax, isolated
by coils?
Seems like an invitation to problems if anything happens to the interface
section.
Suggestion - Use the other two connectors on the 4-pin Jones Plug to
interface the TR control link thereby keeping the DC away from the RF
connections.

I have been using this scheme for many years... and have other
customers also running the multiplexed DC signal. I have never
experienced... or heard of any issues with that arrangement from my
customers. It works just fine and eliminates having to run additional
wiring from the transmitter to amp for people that aren't satisfied
with just using the COR switching.

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old September 12th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in
ups.com:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
Or, if the extra
wire is too expensive, how about modifying the radio to superimpose a
DC keying signal onto the coax that can be detected by the amp?

This is exactly how the "multiplexed switching "capabilities of the
SkyWave amplifiers work...

www.telstar-electronics.com

I was wondering what you had meant my multiplexed. I've been to that with
my UHF and microwave amplifiers for years, external keying.

SC

K1MAN Responds To False Charges From Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers [email protected] Policy 0 January 22nd 06 05:54 PM
READY! AIM! FIRE! Jerry CB 23 March 2nd 04 09:15 PM
READY! AIM! FIRE! Twistedhed CB 11 March 2nd 04 05:29 PM
READY! AIM! FIRE! Beef Taco CB 0 March 1st 04 05:31 AM
Phoenix Az fire on 800mhz L ORANGE TOO JA MORAN Scanner 0 September 13th 03 06:09 PM